Chapter 8

In your Memory

The memory from Chanyeol’s birthday party. I wish I could deleted it. My phone rings for the millionth time. I  don’t need to check it since I know it’s either from Chanyeol or Baekhyun. I don’t care. Heck, it could be from Tao. But, I still don’t care. From the small gap of the curtains in this room, I know that now is already noon. ‘urghh, why?’ I groaned.  My phone stops ringing, well I guess my battery died. Since it has been ringing since morning. I pushed my phone off the bed before pulling the blanket up to my face. I’m tired and it really isn’t helping that my body feel so hot. Guess I catch a fever. ‘ nahh, I don’t care anymore. I’ll just sleep.’

 

 

 “Baekkie, can you stop moving around? Come sit here. I’m getting headache from watching you like this”,said chanyeol. “ where could he be? He’s nowhere to be found.” “ you..” “It’s  been a week since we last saw him.. what if there’s an emergency. What if something happen to him?” “ Baekkie. Sehun  is an adult. He knows how to take care of himself.”  “Well that doesn’t mean he won’t get in trouble”,I yelled. I regret it when I saw yeol’s face. “ I’m sorry.. I didn’t mean to..” “it’s okay.. I understand. You know, you’re not the only who’s worried about sehun. I’m worried about him too. But, we can’t act like this. Let sit and think of all the possible place that he could be.” Yeol said as he pulled me to sit next to him on the couch. “you know sehun longer than me. Where do you think he may be?” “I don’t know he never act like this except when luhan…”  “luhan what?” “that’s it Luhan!!” “err, baekkie what’s with luhan?”yeol asked as he continue staring at me as I grab my jacket and phone. “maybe sehun’s at luhan’s house. Faster yeol.. We need to head there. It take hour to reach there. Faster.” “okay”

 

I’m thankful that the road is not busy and there’s less car on road.. I take an hour to reach here. I know I’m right when I saw sehun’s car being parked outside the house. I looked around to see the condition of the house. The plant around the house is alive, well guess the neighbor watered it even if there no one living here anymore. I looked at yeol and saw that he was admiring the surrounding. I smiled when I saw him smiling so brightly like a kid. Then I remember the reason I’m here. I head to the door. It’s not locked. I opened it and scanned the inside of the house. No sign of sehun here. Maybe he’s in a room or something. “ Yeol!! Come here and help me search for sehun”. Yeol entered the house and looked around before looking at me. “you go and search the room downstair. I’ll search the first floor”, I said as I head upstair. I opened the first room and the smell of lavender filled my nose. Still no sign of sehun. I quickly head to next room and still no sign of sehun. “baekkie, he’s not down here.”

 

When I opened the last room, I saw a bundle of something on the bed. Sehun? The room is chaotic. There’s lot of broken glass on the floor. I carefully walked away from the pieces of glass. I reach for the blanket covering him. The sight of what under the blanket broke my heart. Sehun with tear streaked face and sweat lay under it. “yeol I found him. Come to the last room” I shouted. “sehun..” I called him softly. Something not right. I put my hand on his forehead. It’s hot. Freaking hot. Feeling abit worried I called for him louder. “sehun ah.. sehun ah.” “what’s wrong?” yeol asked as he entered the room. I look at him.  “we need to bring him to a hospital.”  “Now!”

 

 

 


 

 

 

It been a week since I went to chanyeol hyung birthday party. And it been a week since I know yifan. It so sweet of him to send me home that day. He left me after we exchange our number. Turn out he too know gege. I checked my phone for any message from sehun. Nothing. Guess he’s okay. Well he know them. There’s few missed call from gege. I called him. After a few ring he answered.

“Tao, why you didn’t answered my call?” “what wrong? I didn’t realize you called me. I just wake up” “you know that dad and mom is suppose to visit us today” “yeah. Did they reached here already” “yeah, but that not’s why I called you. It’s dad. He’s in hospital. Gachon University Gil Hospital”

Gege fetched me before we rushed to the hospital. He said that mom called him and said that dad suddenly faint right after they come out from the plane. It take an hour to reach Incheon. Thank god there not many car on the road right now. when we reached the hospital. We rushed inside and saw mom there. Mom run toward us and hug gege. I told mom that dad would be okay. We followed mom to where dad’s is. The doctor just finished checking him. “he had a minor heartattack. But he’s alright now. Don’t worry too much, he’ll awake soon.”

 Mom fall asleep next to gege. I guess gege didn’t sleep yesterday doing his work. I don’t know what to do so I went out. As I opened the door, I saw a nurse standing outside the room. “are you the guardian?” “yes, I’m his son.” “you need to register him and pay for the medicine.”, she said . I nodded as she left. I went to the first floor to register my dad when I saw chanyeol hyung there. I went to him. “ hyung. Hi. Why are you here?” “oh, tao. Why are you here?” “erm, my dad got a minor heartattack so he’s here.” “oh, im sorry. Is he okay?” “ yup, he’s quite alright now. what about you hyung” “oh, I’m here because of sehun.”  ‘sehun?’