Chapter 1

In your Memory

 

 

 

" We’re very sorry sir. We’ve tried our best to save him"

 

With that, Sehun wakes up.  Sweat trickle down his forehead to his neck but Sehun totally ignored it. It has been 4 year since Luhan’s death. But the grief is still there, frozing and yet crushing his heart. People around him would told him to move on, but it easier to said than be done. In those 4 year, Sehun had to face the same nightmare again and again. His brain keep playing the image of Luhan running from the door on the day he died. It was the same thing everyday, that memory kept playing at the same part like a broken record. Because of that Sehun change. He can’t do his work properly as whenever he tried to draw a building and everything like an architect he was, he keep remembering Luhan as Sehun work hard before all was because of  Luhan. That’s why everytime he tried, tears will fall down.

Baekhyun  can’t help but feeling sad whenever he saw his friend  like this, as he cared for Sehun as a brother. What’s happening to Sehun seem to affect on him too. This caused Chanyeol to also put in a dark mood. It was one day when Sehun tried to draw again but keep losing himself as the memory of Luhan keep washing in.

 

I don’t want to see you in pain again

you know that I only got 3 day left to be with you

I wish you will be happy.

I’m sorry again for not being able to keep

Our promise.

I love you.

 

Upon remembering the last phrase in Luhan’s letter, Sehun cry for the millionth time. His tears wetten the paper and cause the drawing to fade. Sehun try to regain his emotion, but all he can do was stopping the leaking tears.

“Sehun, Baek said that…” chanyeol stop talking as he look at Sehun who have put his head on the table.  “ What are you doing?” Sehun want to stop the sobs that was about to come out but he fail miserably. “ Sehun, why are you sobbing? Gosh, you’re crying again?” Sehun felt a hand on his shoulder and he know what Chanyeol plan to do so he try to push Chanyeol away. But the guy was faster, he push Sehun’s body. Sehun was forced to look at Chanyeol. And, even with the short of lightning in the room, chanyeol saw the beam on Sehun face and immediately know that the lad was crying.

“ why are you crying again?” asked chanyeol soothingly while pulling Sehun into a hug.

“ Hyung, I-I mi-miss him. I mi-miss Luhan. No matter w-what I do, I c-can’t for-forget him” row of tear fall from his eyes plus with chanyeol soothing hugs, Sehun can’t stop himself from crying so he bite his lips wishing that by doing so can stop his sobs.

“ Yeollie, what take you so long to call Sehun” Baekhyun came and was shocked at the sight of his lover hugging Sehun who is crying. “ PARK CHANYEOL! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE” shout baekhyun as he run toward sehun only to push chanyeol apart causing him to fall. “ Yah! I didn’t do anything.” Chanyeol stand up and pull baekhyun. His mouth was near Baekhyun ear “ he miss Luhan” Chanyeol whisper to Baekhyun. Baekhyun nearing Sehun again and put both his hand at his face to make them face him. “ Why you keep thinking about him Sehun? What’s in the past, is already a past , you can’t change anything.” Sehun try to look away but Baekhyun faster to pull him again. He search his eyes. And, he look at the sketch. He saw how little Sehun draw on it, but Sehun had start drawing since afternoon and now the sky have start to darken. He was busy thinking when then he remember how Sehun work like crazy before for Luhan. Thought flashes and all lead him to the same conclusion ‘ He will be remind of Luhan whenever he start sketching’ frown fill in Baekhyun perfect face as he didn’t  say anything but pull Sehun into a big hug.

 

“ Maybe you should quit this job”  that word ring across the room. No one speak a thing.

Chanyeol start shifting uncomfortable. Sehun pull away from Baekhyun looking shock at what that just came out form the guys mouth. He thought that the lad was joking but there no sign of jokes in the lad face.

“ Maybe you should move out too” this time Chanyeol come nearing the both of them and pull Baekhyun away from Sehun to look at him. “ why are you asking Sehun to resign and move out?” Baekhyun start frowning at how hard  Chanyeol’s hand was on his shoulder. “ Can’t you see that he kept reminded of Luhan because of how all this things is which actually was Luhan’s idea. How come he not be reminded of him?” Chanyeol feel there’s a lump in his throat that restricting him from saying anything. Seeing how Chanyeol didn’t reply, Baekhyun continue but this time he was looking straight at Sehun “ Listen to me, I think the reason why you keep reminded of him because the things surrounding you has a memory of Luhan so that why you can’t move on. Sehun ah,  listen to your friend okay. You should quit from this job and move out. Plus even jobless you still can afford live yourself as you have a lot of money from all the old project. It’s more than enough to support your living”

Sehun didn’t deny or refuse anything as he know that beyond his friend word was somehow true. And seeing how determine Baekhyun is, he can’t say no. He know that Baekhyun opinion was for his own good and he will be able to afford himself until he turn old. Looking around he collect the memory in it, and unsurprisingly yes almost all of it was fill with Luhan.

He made his decision and he won’t back down. “ Hyung, I’ll move out. Will you help me?” He said while looking back and forth from Baekhyun to Chanyeol. Chanyeol was about refuse and he felt a sudden pain at his side. He look down to see Baekhyun hand there pinching his skin. Sehun turn to leave the room. And like an approval to Baekhyun, he push the taller to the wall. “ You say anything that make him change his mind, I’ll be angry with you” and upon seeing the taller tense up he added “ This place and his job has lot of memory of Luhan. Even if Luhan never been here, but almost everytime Sehun will be thinking of  Luhan so staying here and working normally will just drown him more into grief as he’ll be kept thinking of Luhan the same like what he been doing before. So, I hope you understand why I ask him to quit and move out” with that Baekhyun let go of Chanyeol.

He pulled the lad into a passionate kiss. Then, with a smile on both of their face they left the room.

 


 

It has been a week, and the ChanBaek couple were busy with the process of searching new place which is peaceful and cozy for Sehun. well, that left Sehun with the process of resigning. He take time as his boss doesn’t seem like wanting him to leave. Not after Sehun’s work, he keep trying to make Sehun to reconsider but thinking back about what Baekhyun had said make him to refuse every offer that his boss give. It take a long time until his boss give up.

Sehun was in his office busying himself with packing stuff which belong to him and throwing the unwanted stuff. Several knock at the door make him to look up and he saw his secretary who is going to be his ex- secretary Kyungsoo. “ Hi hyung. Long time since I last seen you” well it was all because since Luhan’s death, Sehun didn’t work at the office but stay working at home instead. So that why he didn’t see this doe eye hyung anymore.

Sehun continue to pack, he sense that Kyungsoo is approaching him. “ I heard from the staff that you’re resigning. Is it true?” he asked trying to sound like a normal employee but fail as he sound like a concerned brother. Sehun let out a chuckle and look at his hyung. “ Hyung, don’t worry I did it because I want to relax myself plus I want to forget everything and start new” he stop packing his stuff and walk to Kyungsoo. As he reach kyungsoo, kyungsoo hand on a letter to Sehun. Sehun was shocked to Kyungsoo sudden movement but yet he take it. He carefully open the letter,million thought rushing in his mind but he kept thinking of the same thing and he was beyond surprise to see what he had been thinking was true. The letter that was hand on to him was letter of resignation.

“ Hyung” kyungsoo look down. “ Why are you resigning?” the way the older will keep avoiding his gaze make him thought that something is wrong. Sehun throw the letter and it land perfectly on the couch. He then place his hand at Kyungsoo face in order to lift it up.

 

“ I don’t want to be left alone here. You know I had no friend other that you. That why I quit, But that’s not the only reason, I found someone. And that person want me to stop working and live with him” blush crept up Kyungsoo face. Sehun grinned “ And who is this person that asked you to live together?”

Kyungsoo looked down and his face redden. Sehun smiled at how his hyung face which is now as red as tomato. “ Hyung~ Who is it” Sehun asked again .

 

“ K-Kim J-Jong In”

 

‘Hyung shuttered and he redden more after saying the guy name. Wait, isn’t Kim Jong In the heir of the Kim Enterprise that we had been working together for a long time.’  smirk plastered on Sehun’s face.

 

 

 

 

“ Hyung, do you by any chance like or love this Kim Jong In”

Kyungsoo blush more and he keep look down . And Sehun smirk grow into a big smile. Sehun didn’t say anything as he didn’t want to make the older to the state of embarrass till death so he just smile for he is happy for him.