"D-Dada?"

Smultronstället

"Yah, Jung!" Jaebum shouted to his fellow teammate, quickly sprinting to catch up to the other boy before he'd left the school grounds.

Luckily, Daehyun stopped for him and he caught up to him in no time, only slightly breathless as he paused in front of him. "Are you doing anything this afternoon?" He questioned, "If you're free, I was thinking that you, me and Khun could play some soccer at my house - nothing serious now. Just us three havin' some fun. What do you say?"

To sweeten the deal for the other, he added, "You can even have dinner with us too. I know my parents wouldn't mind a bit."

"Dinner?" Daehyun questioned, a grin stretching across his lips. "Who am I to turn down soccer and dinner? Lead the way oh leader." He joked, laughing as Jaebum threw an arm around his shoulders and Nichkhun's when the other finally caught up.

Daehyun had a bit of an ulterior motive in agreeing to come to Jaebum's house besides just soccer and dinner. Jongup would be there - in casual clothes. Daehyun couldn't remember seeing the boy in regular clothes before - it was either the tuxedo he'd worn at the party or their school uniform. Of course, Jaebum didn't have to know that.

"Oh hey, you don't live that far from me - how come I've never been to your house before?" Daehyun whined, nudging the elder boy in the side as they made their way up the driveway to Jaebum's house.

"Probably because you've never asked and he's never offered." Nichkhun snorted, digging his elbow into Jaebum's other side. "He's rude like that."

"Shush you two." Jaebum shoved both of them away from him, ignoring their snickering as he pulled his keys from his pocket and unlocked the door, pushing it open. "Come on in." He motioned for them to follow him inside. 

While the outside of the house was a bright white color with dark green shutters, the inside was colored in soft creams, beiges and warm yellows. The living room was spacious and open with modern looking furniture occupying the room, but despite that, it gave off an incredibly homey feel.

"You can come change out of your uniform in my room or the bathroom if you want privacy, Dae." Jaebum spoke, once again gesturing for his two friends to follow him up the stairs. "So what do you think of the house?"

Daehyun looked around the house happily, standing in the middle of the living room just admiring the Moons' decorative sense. He'd never been one for fashion or interior design, he just threw on whatever and made his room up in a way that was most convenient. "It's cool," He grinned at Jaebum, following after Nichkhun and Jaebum as they headed up the stairs.

Once up the stairs, Daehyun rushed to the bathroom ahead of the other two and changed out of his school uniform, donning his usual plain tank top and dark wash jeans. He left the bathroom and grinned at them, "Done, you two."

He plopped onto Jaebum's bed, glancing at the clock. Jongup should be getting in any time now...

"Get of my bed you lazy bum." Jaebum, now clad in a shirt and jogging pants, ordered as he kicked at Daehyun's feet. It was to no avail as Daehyun simply ignored him. Sighing, he looked over at Nichkhun, "Hurry up you, daylight's wasting."

Nichkhun rolled his eyes as he finished pulling on his shorts and tank top, grabbing up the soccer ball Jaebum had sitting on the floor off to the side. "Alright, let's go."

"I'm home!"

"We're up here, Jongup-ah!" Jaebum shouted back, wanting to let his brother know that there were indeed people in the house. 

"'We'?" Came Jongup's confused echo and the three heard footsteps on the stairs before Jongup appeared in the doorway, eyes widening in surprise. "Nichkhun hyung! Daehyun hyung! What are you two doing here?" The surprise was mostly from Daehyun's presence as Nichkhun was always at their house.

As soon as he heard Jongup's voice, Daehyun sat up and grinned at the boy. "Oh, we're here to kick around the ball some - want to watch us?" he asked, whining in protest when the soccer ball was bounced off his head.

"If this one doesn't hurry up we're going to kick around his head," Nichkhun chuckled, narrowly avoiding Daehyun's fist aimed at his crotch.

"Yah - I can't help it, I get lazy after school. You'll have to drag me outside now," Daehyun flopped back on the bed playfully. He let out a shout when Nichkhun and Jaebum each took a leg and dragged him off the bed. He barely managed to catch himself before his head hit the floor.

"You jerks!" Daehyun yelled, sitting up from his place on the floor while the other two boys ran out laughing freely. He smiled sheepishly up at Jongup, maybe a bit embarrassed that they'd done that in front of Jongup.

Jongup chewed his lips to hide the smile threatening to take over his face at the scene, his eyes betraying him with the amusement dancing inside them. "Are... you okay hyung?" He questioned as he walked over to check on the other boy. He held out a hand to Daehyun so he could help him up.

Daehyun accepted the hand offered, resisting the urge to pull Jongup onto the floor with him and just admit his feelings right then. He stood and brushed himself off before giving Jongup narrowed eyes.

"Yah, it's not polite to laugh at others' misfortune," He was grinning then though. He couldn't say anything really, what did he do when he played pranks on people? Laughed at their misfortune.

"Come on, come watch us for a few minutes," He gave a puppy pout to the younger, making sure to puff out his thick bottom lip.

Jongup blushed brightly at the sight of the pout, his eyes zeroing in briefly on the older boy's bottom lip as it quivered before he forced himself to look away so he could hide how red his face now was. ‘I hope he didn't notice that...' He prayed, feeling oh so embarrassed for his staring.

After a few moments, his cheeks began to feel less heated so he looked at Daehyun again. "I don't know, hyung... I'll probably just be intruding." He finally said, offering the boy a one-sided smile. Jaebum probably wouldn't want him to come in on their 'guy' time anyway.

Daehyun snorted at Jongup's words, "Please - I need someone on my side down there. Jaebum's an and Nichkhun is his little minion from hell." He threw an arm around Jongup's shoulders, leading him out of his brother's room.

"If you really don't want to, I'm not going to force you, Jonguppie-ah~" He hummed, smiling sweetly. He slowly released Jongup from his hold. "Do good on your homework, okay?" He gave a grin before rushing outside, feeling a bit bummed that Jongup didn't want to come and watch, even for only a few minutes.

"I will..." Jongup murmured after the other boy, the small smile his lips had held fading away. He really wanted to go, if only to spend time with Daehyun, but he couldn't. Not with Jaebum out there because as long he was there then he'd make sure that he had everyone's undivided attention so it would be just like he wasn't there in the first place anyway. 

He sighed heavily and journeyed down the hall to his room where he changed out of his uniform and into a shirt and some jeans. Unable to help himself, however, he wandered over to his window which looked out over the backyard, watching the three older teens outside.

"Where's Jongup-ah?" Jaebum asked Daehyun when the other finally wandered into the backyard. He and Nichkhun had been making sure that everything was out of the way of their 'soccer field' so they wouldn't have to worry about tripping over anything. The last thing they needed was to sprain or worse, break, something before their soccer match on Friday.

Daehyun looked behind him, the miniscule hope that Jongup was behind him diminishing. He frowned and faced Jaebum, shrugging his shoulders some. "He didn't really seem like he wanted to come, but he also did, you know?"

Jaebum nodded his head, sighing gently, "Jongup is like that... I think he just has a problem including himself in things."

Nodding his head some, Daehyun glanced up at the house, a pout still on his lips as Jaebum and Nichkhun worked on setting up temporary goals with some lawn chairs.

Jaebum looked up briefly from his task, pausing as he watched Daehyun continue to stare up at the house. He let his own eyes trail up to the window he knew belonged to Jongup's room, unsurprised when he saw his brother duck behind his curtains. The younger boy had always been like that - isolating himself when it was incredibly obvious he wanted to participate.

Sighing, Jaebum told Nichkhun he'd be back and walked over to Daehyun, patting the younger male on the shoulder. "He'll come out eventually when he thinks we won't be paying attention - he usually does." He offered comfortingly though he had a feeling it didn't help much. Daehyun still looked rather... forlorn?

"Daehyun-ah... do you... feel something for my brother?" He questioned, knowing the question was incredibly sudden but he honestly wondered if his suspicions about the boy were correct.

"Wh-what?" Daehyun stammered, his cheeks flushing at the sudden question. He looked away, swallowing with a bit of difficulty; he'd been too obvious. '.'

He chewed on his bottom lip before nodding some, "Well.. yeah. I do - I'm not going to deny it and if you say anything smart about it, I'll punch you in the throat." He narrowed his eyes at the senior, not at all hesitant to do as he said. Disrespect or not, elder or not, he would beat the hell out of Jaebum if he said something bad about his feelings.

"Whoa... calm down Dae..." Jaebum chuckled, holding his hands up in a surrendering gesture. "I didn't mean any harm by asking. I was just curious because I've kinda suspected it for a while now." He explained, smiling in relief when Daehyun seemed to calm down some. That had actually scared him.

"How'd you figure it out? Was I that obvious?" Daehyun huffed, obviously annoyed with himself for not keeping a better cap on his emotions.

Jaebum chuckled, "Honestly? No." He nodded, smiling at the younger teen. "I only noticed because A) we're teammates and good friends and B) he's my brother. You don't necessarily become a different person around him or when he's mentioned, but... you seem happier. Like... your day's suddenly gotten brighter, you know?" He questioned, sighing softly.

"My point is, if you like him then you like him - people can't help who their heart chooses for them. I'm... actually kind of glad it's you that likes him because I can tell its genuine and you definitely bring out a side in Jongup that no one else ever has."

Daehyun smiled a bit more at Jaebum's words, his heart thumping in excitement. He brought out a different side of Jongup? Him - Jung Daehyun, the prankster and food junkie? He couldn't contain the grin that soon threatened to split his face in half.

He blushed some then, "It's actually kind of silly what drew me to him... when we were at the party with our parents, I saw him hanging out at the food table and there was just something about him." As he spoke, he found himself looking up at the house again, smiling with fondness.

"It's not silly." Jaebum shook his head, "If that's how it happened then that's it. Who has a right to say the right or wrong way of being drawn to a particular person?" He murmured, a look of understanding in his eyes.

He smiled teasingly then and nudged Daehyun, "Trust you to fall for my brother while he's at the food table though." He snickered, ruffling the younger's hair.

Daehyun growled playfully, straightening his hair. "Are you patronizing me, Moon Jaebum? I'll have you know that I will still punch you." He crossed his arms, giving chase when Jaebum ran away, practically jumping into Nichkhun's arms and laughing.

"Hey, don't use Nichkhun as your bodyguard, fight like man!" Daehyun shouted, stopping in his tracks and tapping his foot impatiently.

"As fun as this is watching you two, can we practice now?" Nichkhun asked, promptly dropping Jaebum onto the grass.

Jaebum let out a grunt of pain as his connected to the hard ground, turning narrowed eyes up at Nichkhun. "That hurt Khunnie, that really hurt." He said, voice tinged with betrayal and hurt.

Nichkhun rolled his eyes and walked over to the soccer ball, kicking it in Jaebum's direction, "It's not the first time you've fallen on your and it definitely won't be the last. Now come on - we're wasting daylight."

"Using my own words against me, I see." Jaebum huffed, pushing himself off of the ground and standing once more. "Dae, why don't you go get us some water bottles from the fridge while I teach this brat a lesson?" He asked, shooting a glare over at his friend who merely stuck his tongue out in response.

Daehyun rolled his eyes at Jaebum, turning to walk inside as he muttered under his breath, "With the bickering back and forth, I don't think we'll have a need for water bottles."

He went to grab some water bottles from the fridge, before feeling the urge to go to the bathroom. "Ah geez, this is what I get for drinking all that orange juice at lunch..." He set the bottles to the side and headed to the bathroom.

Upon getting done with his business, he glanced up at the stairs curiously. He felt bad that Jongup didn't want to include himself because he'd be 'in the way' or 'intruding' - it made him wonder why he felt that way. He looked out the large window to see Nichkhun and Jaebum still clowning around and decided to go ahead and check on Jongup real quick - it couldn't hurt anything.

When he got to Jongup's room, he poked his head in to see the boy asleep on his bed. "Omo... he's even cuter when he sleeps," He mumbled to himself, stepping in a bit to look at him. He was tempted to touch his cheek because he'd been dying to since he first began hanging around him and he certainly couldn't do it while the boy was awake. He could just imagine, 'Oh hey, Jonguppie, your cheeks looks so soft, can I please just touch them to quell the curiosity of my mind?' Yeaaa—no.

Instead his attention was drawn to Jongup's computer, the monitor left on haphazardly. His eyes widened upon seeing the ever familiar private message screen of Matoki. "He plays Matoki...?" He moved just a bit closer to get a look at the avatar there only to step back in surprise.

"D-Dada?" He whispered harshly, clamping a hand over his mouth and leaving the room before his noise woke Jongup.

He quickly went back down the stairs and turned to look up towards Jongup's room. "Dada..." He slowly smiled to himself before grabbing the drinks and heading back outside before the two numbskulls came in after him.

"What took so long?" Jaebum asked when Daehyun finally returned, his voice slightly out of breath as he and Nichkhun had taken to wrestling; evident in the headlock he currently had the latter in. He let him go in order to receive his water bottle which caused Nichkhun to fall onto the ground with a loud thud.

"You're... an... ..." He panted, taking in deep gulps of air to fill his previously deprived lungs. "Daehyun, you can be his opponent and I'll be the goalie. I'm going to block every single shot you take, Jay."

"Whatever." Jaebum said, obviously not perturbed by the threat. He looked at Daehyun again, "So... what took you so long?"

"Ah, bathroom break - I had an extra orange juice at lunch today," Daehyun replied, a blush evident on his cheeks. Jaebum gave him a doubtful look but quickly let it go, leading the way to the middle of their makeshift field.

Inwardly, the prankster cursed himself. Normally he was a good liar with trivial things, but anything concerning Jongup was hard to lie about. It annoyed him how he was so easy to blush when he came to anything about Jongup; he feared the boy would soon figure out his feelings.