OMAKE 1

Smultronstället
Quick note -- this takes place during chapter 7:
 
"His lab partner’s rant, however, had caused several students as well as teachers to look at him as if he should be the one to quiet him down. Which he did, but only after giving his fellow classmate his dessert which he had been looking forward to eating himself thankyouverymuch."
- Youngjae; ch. 7
 

 
"Oppa... what did you think of the documentary we watched in class today?" Bae Suji questioned her close friend, Youngjae, as he sat down at the lunch table.
 
Youngjae hummed thoughtfully, settling down in his seat and picking up his chopsticks before he finally answered. "I found it quite enlightening." He responded, nodding his head as he began picking at the rice in the dosirak box his mom had made for him.
 
Jaebum, or JB as he went by more commonly, snorted at that and jabbed in his direction with his own chopsticks, "Yeah right. You were bored to death - don't think I didn't see those doodles you were making in your notebook." 
 
"I did no such thing." Youngjae bristled with defiance, eyes narrowed on his supposed friend. 
 
Suji giggled behind her hand, using the other to gently pat Youngjae's arm. "It's okay oppa. He's just teasing. At least you were paying a little bit of attention," She pointed to JB, "He fell asleep."
 
It was Youngjae's turn to snicker at JB's expense, a cocky smirk evident on his lips.
 
JB rolled his eyes and make a face as he returned to his lunch, idly poking at what he hoped was kimchi. He happened to glance up about the time the next wave of juniors entered the lunch room, his eye on one in particular. "Yah, Youngjae - isn't that your lab partner?"
 
Youngjae turned and looked, giving a groan. He nodded dismissively, not even bothering to say anything about it and instead focusing on eating.
 
Meanwhile in the lunchline, one Jung Daehyun walked along, picking up the food he wanted and paying for it (whining inwardly when they wouldn't allow him to have more than one dessert). He scanned the cafeteria, wondering where exactly to sit when he spotted Youngjae. He beamed and quickly headed over, plopping down in front of him.
 
"Hello, partner!" Daehyun chirped.
 
Youngjae, who had all but buried his head in his food in an effort to hide himself from his newly designated lab partner, gave a silent whimper of sorts into his rice. "Hi Daehyun-ah." He greeted morosely.
 
Suji bit her lips at the sudden sullen disposition Youngjae now had while JB was trying his best not to choke on the 'kimchi' he had in his mouth. She gave the laughing/choking boy a disapproving look while silently telling him to cut it out before turning her attention to their new arrival. 
 
"Daehyun oppa, I heard you just moved her from Busan - what's it like there?" She questioned, smiling.
 
Daehyun blinked at the girl before beaming and begin to go on and on about Busan and the beach and how from his old house you could heard the ship's horns. Before long, he'd talked himself out of things to say and went to eating, pouting some that his own lab partner hadn't offered much chit-chat.
 
When he tasted the supposed kimchi, he grunted and spit it out in a napkin. "Ugh! What is this supposed to be?" He looked over the food he'd chosen with distaste, even giving the lunch line a disapproving scowl.
 
"What on earth are they trying to feed us? Imitation food? Don't they realize people can die from this crap? Not to mention, there are people with sensitive stomachs - what about them? Do they want them to be sick?!" He prattled on about the school's food, getting louder with every sentence.
 
"And look at this - even the color of the milk is off! It's like a pink hue! How disgusting!"
 
This time, JB did burst out with laughter at the ranting while Suji merely covered in an attempt to suppress her own giggles. Youngjae, who had been quiet up until Daehyun's angry rambles, flushed with embarrassment and silently wondered how long it would take to find a hole he fit in so he could bury himself and never come out again.
 
"Daehyun..." Youngjae started, laughing nervously as he felt the students around them begin to stare in their direction. "There's nothing wrong with the food and the milk is not pink." He tried, grimacing silently as the stares became more and more apparent, "Just bring your lunch next time..."
 
Daehyun gave Youngjae an incredulous look, his gaze shifting between his food to his up-until-now-silent lab partner. "You've got to be kidding me! You're a science whiz, so I've heard, and there's absolutely no denying that this food tastes fake - this doesn't even seem to be real rice in this bowl here. What if it's little eggs and we'll all be sprouting octopi out of our s soon!?"
 
At this point, Daehyun was already half shouting, drawing even more attention - especially from the teachers' tables where some gave Youngjae a hard gaze as if to say 'you are the student council president - you are the word of the students and you should be the one to quell his rambling'.
 
Youngjae, who had once thought it very improbable to turn the color of a tomato, felt himself turn exactly that color if not ten times redder. "Daehyun!" He hissed, trying and failing to get the other boy's attention. He looked to his two friends for help then, only to discover that their laughing had finally overwhelmed them and that JB was an inch close to falling off of his seat.
 
A clearing of the throat sounded out then and though it went obviously went unheard by Daehyun, Youngjae had picked up on it loud and clear. He glanced over to meet eyes with the disapproving gazes of none other than his science teacher, Shim Changmin, and his math teacher, Cho Kyuhyun. He gave them a weak smile before turning his attention back to the still raging Daehyun, becoming peeved himself because of the blame being set upon him.
 
"Yah! Sit down!" Youngjae shouted, leaning over and yanking on Daehyun's shirt. The tug was enough to make his lab partner unbalanced and not a moment later Daehyun fell back into his seat. The student council president then tried to think of something, anything, to keep the other boy quiet until the end of lunch and sighed sadly when he realized what he'd have to do.
 
Reaching into the bag that had held his dosirak box, Youngjae pulled out the dessert inside, a small bag of muffins, and shoved it under Daehyun's nose. "Here. Eat them and shut up for the rest of lunch or I swear you'll regret it."
 
Daehyun took the bag and blinked curiously before he grinned and began eating them happily. He'd never thought that his lab partner would be so generous to give up his own homemade dessert just to keep him calm. He'd have to repay the guy sometime.
 
His entire speech was soon forgotten by him and everyone else so they slowly turned back to their own lunch. Suji and JB watched as Youngjae grieved over his muffins, pushing around his remaining food with his chopsticks while Daehyun seemed quite oblivious to the entire commotion he'd caused and the current agony that had befallen Youngjae.
 

 
//End OMAKE 1\\
 
This is experimental - the OMAKEs might have their own
separate spot rather than on the story.
 
What do you guys think?