Accusations

Smultronstället

Junhong shook his head at Daehyun and Jongup before turning and heading a little further down the hall. He approached one of the teachers there, studying the name tag which said 'Cho Kyuhyun', "Cho-sshi, my teacher sent me down here to hang up streamers?"

The man nodded his head, adjusting his glasses before pointing up at the ceiling. "One of the teachers went along and marked where they wanted some streamers put up along the halls, the other halls are already taken care of, this is the only one left. So, take these," He handed a pack of streamers and pointed to the end of the hall. "And start down there - if you need any more, there's some on my desk, just get them as you need them."

After being handed a pack of tacks and a step ladder, Junhong was sent on his way to place up streamers. He worked slowly because he really didn't care to go back to his own room where they were already preparing for their event for the festival.

— 

If there was one thing that Hyosung prided herself on when it came to the students of her school, it was the amount of effort that they put in to make sure that their school festival was a huge success. Sure, a lot of them probably only did it because the week prior to and during the festival they were given excuses to slack off on their studies, but that was okay. Students deserved a break to just be teenagers for once. That being said, there were some students who slacked off festival or no festival.

Like Bang Yongguk, for example.

The senior was a punk through and through and should have been held back for all of the classes he'd skipped or put in a juvenile delinquent center one. Despite popular belief, however, Yongguk was incredibly smart when he applied himself and he had his soft moments too (none of which he was aware she knew of) which had prevented her from taking the previous principal's advice of expelling him permanently. It didn't seem right in her eyes to not give him a chance.

That also being said, Yongguk only applied himself at certain times, one of which was apparently not helping out with the school festival.

"Aish, Yongguk-ah... what am I going to do with you?" Hyosung questioned the teen who walked beside her as they journeyed through the hallways in search of a place to put him so he'd stay out of trouble. The senior said nothing to her, but she really hadn't expected a response anyway. She came to a sudden pause when she spotted a hallway containing one student. She smiled brightly when she recognized the student and, inwardly hoping she'd convince him to deal with Yongguk's presence, hurried towards him.

"Junhong-ah!" She called, successfully gathering the boy's attention. "Could I have a minute of your time, please?" She asked sweetly.

Junhong had been busy tacking up streamers when he heard his name being called. He frowned and glanced down to see the principal smiling sweetly at him just a yard away. He smiled back and nodded, quickly stepping down the ladder and walking over to her. He glanced at Yongguk, but his attention quickly went to Hyosung, tilting his head. "Yes, Jeon-sshi?"

"Aw, call me noona, Junhonggie," She smiled, then motioned to Yongguk, "Well, I have a job for Yongguk here that involves painting since he seems so keen on the idea of it and I was wondering if you would mind accompanying him? The job is painting the large sign for the school to hang outside during spirit week. So, will you?"

Junhong opened and closed his mouth, his eyes on Yongguk before he nodded involuntarily, "Sure, noona - I wouldn't mind at all, but what about my other job..?" He motioned to the streamers.

Hyosung waved dismissively, "Ah, don't worry about those - I'll get someone else to do them. There are a couple of soccer players who have been slacking off, I'll get them. Follow me!"

Yongguk and Junhong followed after the overly cheerful principal, the former rolling his eyes at her behaviour while silently wondering how in the world she'd gotten the job as principal of the school when half of the time she acted like a teenager herself. He stopped after a couple of minutes though because it was the kind of thing that one just accepted as fact and moved on. It was easier that way.

He glanced at the younger teen beside him, more than a little confused as to why Junhong wasn't protesting more about having to work with him. His reputation preceded him by miles and even without that, the babysitting thing over the weekend plus the fight with his father would've been enough to chase anyone away.

It was mind-boggling to say the least, but he really wasn't so much concerned about that as he was the possibility of his and his father's fight getting out to other people. He didn't trust Junhong enough to let him slide without proper warning of the consequences of running his mouth. Toto or no Toto.

"Here we are!" Hyosung announced as they finally reached their destination.

The classroom was nearly bare with the exception of the huge blank banner spread out across the tarp covered floor and the large jars of paint sitting on one of the desks that had been left behind. Several other miscellaneous decorations for banner sat on the other end of the desk as well as some stencils for certain shapes and, of course, the paint brushes. Yongguk doubted he would need anything other than a paint brush and paint though.

"Well, that should be everything. If you need anything else then just go to the art room, okay? Thanks again you two and behave yourself please, Yongguk!" Hyosung waved to them and left, quite quickly at that.

Junhong blinked rapidly at the retreating principal before turning to the task at hand. It was a large banner, and it was as long as the classroom was wide. "I hope there's enough paint," He mumbled, glancing over large jars and grabbing the four colors their school used to represent teams. He wasn't sure if Yongguk was going to actually help, so he went about it as though the other wasn't.

"Maybe do the main words in black and then highlight it with the four colors....?" He thought out loud, tapping his chin as he read the writing on the whiteboard, which detailed what should be written on the banner.

Yongguk leaned against one of the walls, lighting up a cigarette while absentmindedly reading the white board. He rolled his eyes slightly at Junhong's words, taking a drag off the cigarette and then blowing out the smoke as he walked over to the white board. Picking up the assorted markers, he began drawing out what needed to be written on the banner but instead of going with Junhong's thoughts of using black mostly and then the colors, he went a different route.

"Green and Blue won't stick out well if you use black - you have to use white. Red and Yellow can be used with black though." Yongguk explained slowly, stepping away from his finished work as he took another drag off of his cigarette.

Junhong looked up from where he'd gotten onto his knees to work on the banner, looking  over the design Yongguk had in mind, which was good - but he wouldn't say it. He narrowed his eyes at Yongguk, wanting to comment on his cigarette, but figured it wasn't worth the fight that would most likely ensue.

"Fine - whatever you say, master," Junhong spat, standing up and walking to the whiteboard where he began planning out how to do the lettering with the different colored markers.

Yongguk narrowed his eyes at the younger's attitude, thinking if he'd had any doubts in regards to Junhong and Toto being one in the same that he longer did now. Both had the same attitude when it came to admitting they were wrong and their hyung was right. Instead of this realization pissing him off, however, it actually caused him to feel more nostalgia than anything.

Shishi missed Toto - he missed Toto - and it was more than a little frustrating to see the other right here in front of him knowing he was unable to talk about the fight they'd had. Not that he thought it would help much in the first place considering how hard-headed they both were. Toto had been in the wrong with how he'd acted towards Jiji and he wasn't about to let that go so easily.

Sighing inwardly, Yongguk took another puff off of his cigarette before joining Junhong at the white board once again, keeping a fair amount of distance between them. He grabbed up the extra black marker and wrote one of the school teams' names in the corner of the mock banner, writing another in the corner just under it.

"We can do it like this and combine it with the way you're doing the words on the banner. We can't forget to use the soccer team's colors either." He explained, glancing at Junhong for his response.

Junhong watched Yongguk out of the corner of his eyes, inwardly praising his ingenuity. He coped the way Yongguk had done the names in each corner on his own side, studying them closely. It looked neat, but how to incorporate the soccer team...?

He smiled suddenly and grabbed the green marker, quickly scribbling some 'grass' underneath the large words in the middle and then drew a soccer ball, using the soccer team's colors (lavender and black) to paint it instead of the normal black and white. Beside the soccer ball, Junhong drew 'Fighting!' in a speech bubble in red.

Yongguk watched as Junhong filled out the rest of the mock banner, nodding his head in approval of the younger's creativity. "That'll work." He said, putting out his cigarette by scraping it on the bottom of his shoe before walking over to where the paint and permanent markers sat on the desk. He grabbed up one of the markers and made his way over to the banner.

"I have steadier hands so I'll draw it out on the banner. You can help paint." He stated, not even waiting for Junhong's approval or disapproval as he dropped to his knees on the floor and set to work. He wasn't sure why he was helping so much, Junhong could obviously draw well enough and barring that, he hadn't wanted to be here. Hadn't being the keyword, he supposed. He was actually enjoying himself a little even if he did still have issues with the boy and his online identity.

Junhong rolled his eyes at the senior, but nodded. He may be able to draw relatively well, but he didn't have very steady hands. Especially not around the very person he was sharing the room with. He decided to plop down on one of the student desks that was moved up against the wall, content with watching Yongguk. He'd never admit it and would lie if anyone brought it up, but he'd taken to just watching the senior.

He was interesting and a complete mind-puzzle. He hung out with the scumballs of the school, but yet didn't join in on any of their bullying. Of course that didn't make him 100% innocent either. He still didn't stop them when he easily could have. Even so though, Junhong had become nearly obsessed with watching Yongguk whenever he came into view - he wasn't even sure why now, it was just something he started doing and didn't feel like stopping.

Despite the fact that Yongguk preferred to live in his own world and by his own rules one hundred percent of the time, he wasn't stupid nor was he ignorant. He knew when he was being watched, it came with the territory and his reputation after all, and while the staring had long since stopped bothering him, this particular staring was an exception to the rule it seemed. The eyes on him were so incredibly focused in their watching, but he supposed what made it so unnerving was the person who was staring as opposed to the action itself. With Junhong staring, it made him feel as if the other had discovered who he was online or at least that he was close to finding it out.

He couldn't have that - especially not now when they'd been fighting online.

"Staring is impolite, you know..." Yongguk spoke up, looking up from the last details of the drawing and over at Junhong, eyebrow raised. It wasn't a perfect solution, but if Junhong and Toto were indeed one in the same, the other would forget about staring at him and look elsewhere.

Junhong blinked at the other, his face quickly morphing into a scowl. He huffed and crossed his arms over his chest, looking away and grumbling under his breath. "Yeah? Well so is sending your goons after me and Jongup, but here we are."

He stood defiantly and plopped onto the floor beside Yongguk to pick out a brush from the box lying beside the other art supplies to be used for the banner.

Before Junhong could even comprehend anything, however, he was splayed out on his back with one very pissed off looking Yongguk sitting atop him. The senior's fingers were twisted into his shirt and were the only things keeping his head from crashing into the ground.

"Listen here, you punk..." Yongguk spat, glaring down into Junhong's wide eyes. "I don't appreciate being accused of something I'm not or that I've done something when I haven't. I didn't send those s after you or that space case friend of yours - that was them and them alone. I'm just trying to get by this year so I'll be free of this hellhole come graduation." His voice was low and calm as he spoke but there was no mistaking the rage underlying his tone. 

His gaze hardened more so then, "And while I've got your undivided attention, you better keep your mouth shut about what you saw Saturday between my dad and me because if I get even the slightest inkling that someone found out, I will make a special exception for you, you get me?" He asked, shaking the boy slightly.

A voice was yelling, pleading, with him to stop this but he paid it no mind. If there was one thing he hated, it was being accused of something he hadn't done nor intended to do, but all the other times he'd gotten angry over the subject paled in comparison to this. Oh yes, he knew in the back of his mind that the only reason he was reacting like this was because Junhong truly saw him as nothing more than a bully and it hurt. It hurt like hell even though he tried to convince himself he deserved it for not giving the younger any reason to think of him otherwise.

Junhong stared at Yongguk as he went silent, his narrowed eyes still looking into his. He shuddered involuntarily and shoved at the other's shoulders. "Yah - let me go," He spoke softly at first, scared of his every move now - what if Yongguk decided to go ahead and get to beating him to a pulp?

"I said let me go!" Junhong half shouted, his voice cracking as he pushed at Yongguk again, managing to get out of his grip finally. He pulled himself away from the senior, caught between leaving him here on his own to finish the banner or doing the job he was supposed to do.

He decided to stick with painting the banner, but he kept his gaze lowered and focus on the painting. He stayed as far away from Yongguk as the task would allow him to, deciding to keep his mouth shut the rest of the time.

Yongguk didn't say another word while they both worked on the banner; it was evident that he'd said enough. He really hadn't meant to be so harsh with Junhong even though the younger had accused him of something he'd never done nor considered doing. But he had a horrible temper and somehow Junhong knew just what buttons to push to bring it out.

Then again, it wasn't surprising. As Shishi, he and Toto had argued more than once over something the other had said that had struck him just the wrong way. But at least during those times a computer screen had separated them. Now there was nothing but mere inches between them, and he'd reacted precisely how he shouldn't have because Junhong had actually been scared of him; probably still was.

'ing perfect...' Yongguk growled inwardly, standing up and tossing his brush in the nearby bucket of water before stomping out of the room. He was done with his half of the banner anyway.

______________________________

I am so so sorry everyone.
It's been crazy as hell around here
for my sister and me.
Please do forgive us--updating will
happen again on Saturday.
I'm sorry again guys :(