What Makes You Happy, Makes Me Happy

I Can't Love Anymore

[ Italics=Gaeul's personal thoughts ]

Its been a quiet night...

Luhan sure doesnt like to talk about his problems. Whats up with him? I faced away from him as i thought if anyone noticed my dissappearance. DUH, of course they would, i was supposed to tuitor Jongdae and Jongin. Aunt would notice. But mom and dad wouldnt, they're too busy. Like the last time i invited them over for dinner...

~Flashback~

"Yeah mom!~ Yes, does 8pm sound good?" i asked through the phone.

"8pm sounds perfect, honey!~ See you then! Bye~" mom replied.

"Bye~" i excitedly hung up as i literally skipped to the kitchen.

The whole afternoon was spent in my kitchen cooking up a storm and trying new recipes. It had been a long time since we had a meal together as a family. I tried making cute pastries and cookies. I also made spaghetti with meatballs, dad's favourite. I prepared the table in a restraunt like way and burned floral scented candles. I went to take a shower and wore my best blouse. Then i sat at the dinning table and waited for them to arrive.

8pm...

Well, Choi Gaeul... I guess its a little too early for them to be here...

8:30pm...

They're probably getting off work now...

9:30pm...

Maybe they're on the way here? Its quite a distance...

10pm...

Could they be held up by an imergency meeting?

11pm...

I fell asleep on the dinning table while waiting for them. The next day, mom called to explain things to me.

"Your dad and i are so sorry, sweetie~ We had a last minute thing to attend to." mom said apologetically.

"Its alright, mom... I understand... Being a scientist is very difficult..." i pretended to be understanding eventhough my blood was boiling. It was always this way.

"Thank you for understanding, hun. I've got to go but lets catch up for dinner next time?" 

"Yeah, sure..." as i hung up, i felt as if someone stabbed my heart. I didnt cry last night because i was too tired but now im awake and i couldnt help but feel disappointed. So so disappointed. It had been the same all this while yet, i couldnt get used to this.

I slid down crying on my apartment door clutching my phone to my aching chest.

~End of Flashback~

I then glanced back at Luhan, he looked like he was deep in thought. Then i thought about my school life since i was a kid. How did i get into a Pure Chemistry and Physics class in my college?

~Flashback~

[ 6 years old ]

"Gaeul-ah? What are you doing?" mom asked as she approached me.

"Im playing with this Doraemon, mommy!~" i laughed as dad joined in, laughing.

"Yes i know that you are, honey but did you not hear me call you to get ready with me?" mom playfully put her hands on her hips and i looked at her with wide eyes.

"Sweetie, how are you going to be a chemist if you keep making that face?"dad chuckled,"You're gonna make people watch your every move!"

"No, daddy they wont." i said and got up to get my bagpack. Even at that age, i already knew what mom and dad meant when they say 'get ready'. It would mean we were going to granny's place. Mom and dad had hired a maid but i kept running away from her so they decided to send me to granny's instead. Granny was like my one and only best friend. She understood me and was always there for me when i needed her. And because mom and dad wanted me to be a chemist, granny would teach me the foundations of the subject. I did depend alot on granny and i still do. I'd visit her every Saturday and we'd bake cookies, cakes and make origami animals all day.

I wonder how granny's doing... I miss her...

Since mom and dad wanted me to be a chemist, i had to obey as an only child to make them happy. I was never happy in the classes but if it'd put a smile on mom and dad's face i'd study the subject anytime.

~End of Flashback~

oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

A/N: HAAAAAY!~ So i've been really busy with stuffs at school now. Science,I hate youuuuu!~ Anyways, THANKS FOR READING!~ :D

Lots x Love

JoinMeOnCloud9