Chapter Twelve

Method to My Madness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 12

Hyun ae POV

Yunho left an hour ago but I can still feel the fast beating of my heart. I have been such a coward for letting my emotions stir me at that moment. No. I must not let my past trample over me once again. I could not fully remember all the details but I know my fear of heights came from that accident where my parents died. I was lucky enough to be alive but at some point of my life I did ask why I am still here and my parents gone.

At the middle of a warm bright day, I curled and sob silently in my bed as I tried to push away the bad memories of the past burying them in my sleep.

Yunho POV

I hold on tightly to my bag and went straight to the indoor badminton court Jaejoong has book for us. I checked my phone for the fifth time that day and knotted my forehead. Before I left the house I tried calling Hyun ae to ask if she’s feeling better but up until now she hasn’t emailed me back.

“Hyung!” Changmin broke me from my reverie and gave me a soft punch grinning. “Yah, hyung. You look like a constipated panda.”

I pushed Changmin over playfully and laughed with him. “Wae? I like pandas so I don’t mind.” I noticed he is carrying a small pink bag. “What’s with the fashion Changmin?”

He snorted as he moved the bag towards my face. “Hyung, this is a dog carrier. See there’s a little creepy creature inside. That is Dong Mang” as Changmin playfully cooed the little black puppy.

I knotted my forehead. I know Changmin has a small Maltese but it’s white and named Mang Dong. “Yah, Changmin-nah, did you dyed your dog black?”

He frowned at me and gave me a smirk. “Hyung, I will never do that to Mang Dong. This is not mine.” He made a face. “Don’t ask. I don’t want to talk about that person that made me carry this thing today.” He whined stomping his feet towards the other guys leaving me puzzled with his actions.

Junsu, Yoochun and Jaejoong didn’t even bother greeting Changmin and me but went straight to play with the dog. Yoochun grabbed the small black dog and put it in his lap. Junsu is just smiling making faces and Jaejoong kept on picking on its ears irritating the poor thing.

“Let’s play!” Changmin positioned himself in the right side of the court leaving the puppy behind the other guys. “Just don’t let Dong Mang run off.” He cautioned the rest.

I put down my bag and looked at them skeptically. Jaejoong noticed me and smiled. “Let’s play doubles. You want to team up with me Yunho?”

Junsu grabbed me by the wrist and lead me to the court. “Hyung, I will have Yunho hyung today. Pair up with Changmin.” Jaejoong scratched his head as he and Changmin argued at the other court. I turned to Junsu and he just grinned at me. “They will just kill each other hyung, we have better chances of winning.”

Yoochun is still holding the black puppy at the benches when Changmin yelled at him to be the umpire. He went at the middle while winking at some girls at the other side of the court. Junsu was a bit taken aback but followed his lead and gave a wave to the girls that made them swoon over us. I can see Jaejoong and Changmin coolly smirking at the other side of the court.

“So the game begins.” I muttered under my breath.

Narrator’s POV

“IN” Yoochun cried happily.

“Hyung!!!” Junsu slapped Yunho’s back. “Way to go hyung!”

“You can’t beat us!” Changmin cried on the other court, pumped up. He looked at Jaejoong and both of them cheered. “Soulfigther. Hwaiting!!” throwing fists in the air.

Yunho placed his right hand on his left shoulder and pulled his right elbow across his chest to stretch his muscles. ‘I won’t lose,’ he mentally warned himself.

Yunho served and some girls root for them in high spirits making Junsu giggle even more. Jaejoong swiftly returned his play in defense that lifted that shuttle high in the air. Yunho saw the opportunity to make a smash out of it that drove his adrenaline into the top gear. Jaejoong is expecting Yunho’s smash as if he planned it that way and gave him a straight drive. Yunho that haven’t recovered yet from his smash, is taken aback by Jaejoong’s move. He didn’t have the chance to return the shuttle back at him that landed a point for the other team.

“Match point.” Yoochun called out.

A few girls yelled in delight with the heated action they just saw. Jaejoong gave them a shy nod and blissfully returned to his position.

“Hyung!” Junsu cried desperately.

“We got this.” Yunho said assuring him. “Junsu, sure ball alright?”

“Yah Yunho.” Jaejoong provoked him playfully. “I will win.” Extending his racket towards him.

Yunho just shrugged him off smiling. “Not on my watch.”

Changmin served while Yunho and Junsu defended their posts. Junsu gave a net drop that could bag the win for them but Jaejoong rapidly tossed the shuttle up in the midair making in land barely inches from the line. Junsu gasped as he saw what happened, shaking Yunho.

“Score. Soulfighter wins.” Yoochun signaled swaying the small dog on his arms.

Junsu thread heavily back to their seats while Changmin and Jaejoong are celebrating on the other side.

“Yah, that is supposed to be two rounds right?” Yunho called them back still in high spirits and positively waiting for the second set.

“I lost. I lost.” Junsu cried throwing himself in the seats like punishing himself.

“Yah, Junsu. It’s just a game.” Yunho cheered him on.

Yoochun is now talking to one of the girls in the other court while showing them the cute black puppy. Changmin went straight to his bag and dug in for some bread, Junsu is sulking while Jaejoong reached down to his cellphone while wiping the sweat off his face.

“Yah!” Yunho called them back again.

“Let’s take a five minute break hyung.” Changmin said between bites. “I’m hungry”

“Cheater.” Junsu gritted his teeth and dug in to Changmin’s bag. “Can I have this?” he asked to the younger one, pointing at another pack of sweet bread. Changmin frowned but Junsu took it out anyway. “That’s mine!” he protested grabbing back the bread. “Don’t touch this. Go eat some snacks I still have some inside the bag.”

“You always have that sweet bread. Where do you buy that?” he asked picking up some commercial pretzels from Changmin’s bag.

Changmin just looked away. “I don’t buy those. Someone makes them for me.”

“Lucky!” Junsu happily said taking some chocolate filled biscuits out the bag forgetting about the lost match.

Yunho walked to them and took one of Changmin’s prized sweet bread. “Yah! Hyung!” Chang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter