chapter 4

Becoming an idol

The week flew by at an amazing speed.

Every day I had to practice the choreography and the song.

The song was easy, I only had to rap and that’s what I’m good at.

The dance was something else. I never danced before and it was hell. All my muscles where stiff, even the ones I didn’t know that excited.

U-kwon Is an amazing dancer, I have to admit that.

But I don’t really like Kyung, I don’t trust him for some reason. He used crutches, but the way he moved it was almost as if he was perfectly fine. As if he doesn’t need those crutches at all.

He showed me the rap in the beginning, but he wasn’t that good. He had a lot to learn. I’m much better than him. I don’t like to brag, it’s just the truth.

“Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God.” U-kwon is totally freaking out. “It’s almost our turn. What will we do. Will we be okay?? We will get in right?? We don’t have to be the best I just want to pass this round.”

I understand why he is freaking. We are in the waiting area right know. Thousands of people are waiting. Some are singing, some are dancing, some are rapping and some are talking to the camera’s.

 While practicing I forgot that this was going to be a show. But whit all the camera’s here it’s hard to forget.

We are number 439 which means we’ve been waiting for hours. The longer we wait the more stressed out U-kwon becomes.

We haven’t heard anything from Kyung today. Key, Ayla and Jonghyun on the other hand are waiting in the audience.

Key was backstage with us, but he made U-kwon even more nervous so Jonghyun took him away.

We practiced our routine a couple of times already and it’s pretty much perfect. I have to admit that my dance isn’t but it won’t get any better than this. We will have to wait to see what the judges say.

“Number 438 can enter know.” A voice says through the speakers.

“Oh no Oh no Oh no Oh no, we are next. What should we do??? What…”

“Calm down.” This guy starts to irritate me. “Why don’t we sing the song one last time?”

“Okay, let’s do that.”

He takes a few deep breaths and starts singing his parts while I rap mine. People around us turn around with their mound wide open. They are surprised by how amazing we sound.

These must be the amateurs. They will probably freak out more know and will be sent away. Not because they are not good enough, because honestly I don’t know that. But because they mess up because of their nerves.

We stop singing an you can hear the applause around us. U-kwon smiles a bit, his nerves calmed although not completely.

“Number 439 can enter know.” The voice rings through the hall again.

We stand up and walk quietly to the door.

When we enter we stand on a big stage. In front of the stage the judges sit. I don’t recognize any off them, but they are probably famous people. Behind the judges there is a huge crowd. They  are the supporters for the thousands of people that are still back stage.

“YEAH COME ON GUYS YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! KICK SOME !!!” Key’s voice sounds above the noisy crowd.

That guy is just crazy.

I look beside me and see U-kwon smile, he probably heard Key to.

“You can start” One of the judges say.

All the judges smile but you can see in their eyes that they are bored. Who wouldn’t I mean we are already number 439 and a lot more will follow behind us.

The music starts playing and we both do our thing.

When we finish the judges just say we can leave and call in the next person. They don’t say anything else. We don’t know if we passed. We don’t know what they think.

When we go back again somebody is waiting for us.

“ In three days they will announce the results. You can go to this site.” He says while he gives us a paper.” There will be a list off the numbers that passed.”

He bows and points us the way to the exit.

“What was that? We have to wait three more days??? I’m going to die from the nerves.” U-kwon says while stamping his feet on the ground in a cute way.

--------------

The three days passed really quickly and here I am again. Ayla, U-kwon, Key and I are sitting at one off the tables in the dance school. Waiting for the site to open.

Jonghyun couldn’t be with us because he is teaching a dance class.

“Come on, come on open up.” U-kwon says impatiently.

“Ugh who’s crappy laptop is this. This thing is to old. I’m going crazy here.” Key is totally in his diva mode.

Good thing Ayla is sitting on his lap, making sure he can’t reach the laptop, or else the thing would have flown out the widow.

“It’s here, It’s here.” Ayla says jumping up and down on Key’s lap.

 

Thanks for participating in the contest.

Here is the list of the number’s that past:

6

49

70

145

194

235

279

358

418

439

 

The moment they saw our number they started to scream and jump around.

I guess this means we are in.

My live will change completely.

Let’s just see what the future will bring.

“What now?” U kwon asks.

Yeah that’s true, we know we passed this round. But what now? When is the next round? What will we have to do?? Aah crap.

Ayla scrolls down on the computer.

“You will be expected at ***** Here you will get to know the people you will be staying with, the place you will be staying at and the person in charge of your group.  You have to be there before 9 pm tonight or you will be disqualified.” Ayla reads the line on the screen.

“What it’s already 8.30!!” U-kwon freaks out again.

He grabs my wrist and pulls me out off the building.

Key is right behind us. “Get in my car, I will bring you guys.” He yells.

“Wait and our clothes?” I ask

Am I the only one thinking rationally know?

“I will bring you some clothes after I drop you off. Just give me your size. I can probably buy something in the neighborhood.” Key says while starting the car.

U-kwon and I both get in.

Don’t ask me how we got here in one piece. Key’s driving was just insane. I wonder if he really has a license.  But here we are in the building waiting in a room with 30 people or more. You can see that everybody rushed here. Nobody looks decent and everybody is breading hard. They were all afraid that we wouldn’t make it.

At 9 o’clock exactly the door opens and two people enter.

“Hello everybody, you probably already know me but I’m Eunhyuk from super junior.” The first one introduces himself

“Hello I’m Jongup from B.A.P.” The young looking guy says.

I hear excited whispers around me, these guys must be pretty famous.

“We will say the names from the people who are in our groups. There is one more instructor but he is a bit late. The people who don’t hear their name will be escorted to their dance room and wait there for their instructor to come.” Eunhyuk says.

He looks around making sure everybody heard him.

“We both choose the persons we want in our team. “ Jongup says “You can’t change teams.”

“Good I will start. Kay, Ricky, Baekhyun, D.O., Cap, Chanjo, Eunji, Naeun, Hongki en Seunghyun. You can follow me.” Eunhyuk says. He turns around and walks out of the room.

His team following him in a hurry. They all look excited to be in his team.

“Suho, Niel, Chanyeol, Sehun, L. Joe, Chunji, Jonghoon, Jae Jin, Minhwan and Bomi. You can follow me.” Jongup says. As he too leaves the room.

“The rest of you can follow me to the dance room, your instructor will be there in a moment. He is running a bit late.”

 

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for subscribing and upvoting.

I really appreciate an love your comments.

xxx-jes