chapter 10

Becoming an idol

Lay Pov

We arrived in the right room and I notice we are the last ones.

“Hello everybody.” Luhan and I say while bowing down.

I look around and see the other judges. If I’m not mistaken they are Daesung and TOP from Big Bang and Park Bom and Minzy from 2ne1.

“Hello, I’m the PD of this show.” A young looking guy says. “You will be seated over there.” He points at  some tables with chairs behind them. It’s not really original. “The groups will enter one by one and perform their dance. You don’t have to score them today. You can choose the group you prefer based on their dancing skills. You won’t know who’s in charge of the group. We start in 10.” He walks away.

Crap I really wanted to work with Tae. I’m a really big fan of him and he is the only reason I came to this stupid show. I hoped to learn a bit from him.  

I feel a hand on my shoulder and look beside me. “Don’t worry, you’re such a big fan. You can probably guess what dance is his.” Luhan says trying to encourage me. But I can tell his smile is fake. Whatever his nightmare was about, he isn’t over it yet.

But I don’t say a thing, I just smile and nod. We both start walking to our seats at the table.

I wish he would confine in me more. I really care for him. More than just a friend and he knows that. But he never lets me in. I know everything about him. But he will never tell me about his past or why he has a bad relation with his parents. I don’t know what to do. I really want to help him.

The camera’s start rolling a guy comes up, he’s probably the mc of the event, and starts talking. He talks a bit to fast for me to understand but I just follow Luhan’s reaction. Sometimes he translates some words for me to make sure I can follow along.

The first group comes up and they start dancing. Most of them are pretty good. The dance is simple but they perform it well.

After the dance I look at Luhan and notice that he still isn’t fine.

Why don’t you go to the bathroom or something. Don’t worry about the show and clear your head a bit.” He looks at me as if he’s about to say no. But before he can open his mouth I continue. “Or don’t you trust my ability to choose?”

His eyes turn big and I know I've got him know. He really doesn't want to leave because it his job, but he doesn't want to hurt me either.

"I...I... *sigh* okay, I will be right back." He stands up quietly while the next group start to enter. Nobody seems to notice, only Luhan's cameraman. He looks at me confused but I just nod and put my finger on my lips, making sure he doesn't say a word to anybody else.

The next group is a lot worse then the first one. Their moves are to hard for some of them, they don't really dance in sinc and the kid in the back does he even hear the music?? Ugh I just hope we don't get this group.

The next group is the best. You can see they practised a lot. They aren't amazing either, but if you compare them to the rest they are okay.

The mc comes up again as the last group left. "Okay, so now we have seen the three groups and the coaches will choosse who they want to work with. It will be a difficult choice..." 

Luhan quietly enters again, and I stop listening to the mc. 

"Feeling better?" I whisper softly in his ear.

He just nods, but I can still see the fake smile on his face.

"So do you know which group is Tae's?" he asks softly

"No, I think they lied. I don't think Tae is coaching any of them."

 

"So how are we going to decide who can choose first?" Minzy interupts our conversation.

"Let's do rock paper sicor."Park Bom answers.

Everybody just nods.

"Okay from every duo, one comes up front and plays." Park Bom continious with her idea.

I look at Luhan and just nod that he can go. He has left in the middle of the judging, so they don't have him on camera. His parents will be pist off if they find out.

He looks at me and smiles, he knows what I'm thinking. So he gets up and walks to the middle, followed by Deasung and Minzy.

The first round is won by Deasung. He chooses the last group. I completely understand his choice, they where the best after all.

The next round is won by Minzy. She chooses the first group, leaving us with the messed up group that preformed second.

Luhan walks over me and he must have seen that I wasn't really happy about it.

"Sorry, I'm really bad at that game." He says while looking down.

I pad his head softly "Don't worry, maybe they are amazing singers and rappers. We shouldn't just judge them on their dance."

He looks up at me with hope in his eyes, probably hoping that I'm really not mad at him. And all I can do is smile at him.

"Okay everybody get's a card with the dancestudio you have to go too. Today you can get to know them and talk a bit. You don't have to start the lessons yet." the mc says while handing out the cards.

Everybody reads it and leaves, but before we can leave the mc stops us. 

"I just wanted to tell you that you will have to start talking in Korean now. This is a show and the audiance would like it more if they understand you."

"Yes ofcourse, sorry." Luhan immediatly answers while bowing down. I follow him and bow down too.

Afterwards we turn around and start walking. A couple off cammera's are following us. We don't say mutch the entire time. We're not really used to talking in Korean to eachother so we prefere not to talk at all.

We stop in front off a door, probably leading to the dance room, we hear music from the inside.

"Don't worry, it's going to be alright." Luhan says to me. He makes sure to use simple korean and to talk slow, because my korean isn't as good as his.

I nod and knock on the door. The music stops and the door opens.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry sorry sorry sorry I've totally haven't updated last week, but I had exams and now they are over so I will make sure to update every week again.

I know I said it was a Taoris story, don't worry it will start soon. All the characters entered the story know and the drama will begin =D