chapter 9

Becoming an idol

Tao pov

When the song is finished he goes backstage, he isn’t even panting.  It’s hard to believe that he just danced so hard.

The crowds cheers are enormous.

Nobody of our group says a word. We didn’t expect this.

Was this the reason he brought us here? To show off?

Or did he bring us here because he knew Zico stole the dance?

A couple of minutes later Taemin comes through a door next to the stage and walks to us. He moves his finger, telling us to follow him and exits the building.

We take a couple of busses again and end up in the studio, where we left a couple of hours ago.

The moment we enter the studio a bomb explodes, everybody starts yelling and blaming Zico.

Well it’s understandable that they are freaking out. We need to perform tomorrow for a jury.

The jury will consist out of rap and singing instructors. Depending on how well we dance they will choose a group to coach. Obviously if you want the best instructor you will have to bring the best performance.

*BANG*

Everybody jumps in the air and turns around.

A broken chair laying on the ground and a mad Taemin looking at us all.

“Good now that I have your attention. I don’t think you will fix this by blaming somebody. You are a group so every mistake that has been made is a group mistake. “

“But I didn’t do anything.”  Taeil says

“Well the fact that you didn’t do anything is the problem. It was a group choice to make your own dance. So the group is responsible for it. The fact that everybody agreed to the dance Zico came up with even though it’s obviously for 5 people and don’t forget difficulty level of it, makes everybody responsible. The way I see it you have 3 choices. One you give up, two you make a completely different dance by tomorrow or tree you ask those kids if you can use their dance.”

“What no way. Besides who says those kids didn’t steal it from me?”

“Really those kids stole your dance? Good thing I asked them to come here. We can sue them immediately, they should learn that it’s wrong to steal. So what are you guys going to do?”

“We can’t make a completely different dance by tomorrow evening.” Xiumin says.

“We also can’t just go up to the judges and say: Sorry but we don’t have a dance.” Chen continuous.

“So we will have to ask those kids if we can use their dance.” Kris finishes.

“No way I’m going to ask them. I’m not going to beg some street rats for their dance moves.” Zico looks pissed off.

“So you admit that it’s their dance.” Taemin states.

“I.. eu…”

*knock knock*

Taemin opens the door a bit and starts talking to who ever is outside.

After a while he opens the door completely and those kids enter, followed by no other then Key.

“So what’s going on here.” Key says in his diva like voice.

“Well these guys have to ask you something.” Taemin says while pointing to us.

Everybody looks around, waiting for somebody to take the initiative, but nobody moves.

“Well what are you waiting for?” Taemin commends, his tone makes it clear that he is losing his patients. I wonder what he will do if he gets really mad. He doesn’t look that strong.

Eventually U-kwon steps forward.

“It looks like there has been a mix up. We kind of used your dance. We would like to ask your permission to use it in a competition tomorrow.” He bows down 90°

And quickly everybody follows his example.

“Why would we let you guys use it?” The diva barks.

“We are truly sorry for the mistake, it’s completely our fault. But we won’t be able to learn another dance by tomorrow.” Kris answers

“What’s in it for us? How will you pay us for using our dance.” Key answers while inspecting his nails. He is showing a complete lack of interest.

“What do you want?” Xiumin asks.

A smile comes to Key’s face, this is what he’s been waiting for.

“Well first off all, we will have to see you dance. This way we can see if it’s acceptable. My kids will help you with the moves. Second off all if any of you guys win this competition and become famous, you will have to promise that when you win your first award you will come to our dance studio, give a free live concert, learn the kids your dance, take photo’s with the kids and sign whatever they bring.”

Zico’s face turns white “What N..”  

Kris quickly puts his hand over Zico’s mouth.

“Ofcourse, that’s the least we can do. But only if we become famous through this competition.” Kris says

“Oké I can live with that.” Key says “So put on the music and show us your moves.”

That sentence was the beginning of hell.

We danced all night and almost all of the next day. The kids worked us like crazy until the moves where at least decent.

Nobody could skip a move and we had to be in sync.

Around 4 pm the next day we still weren’t as good as them, but at least we were a lot better then before.

“Okay time’s up.” Taemin says. “You can rest for an hour before we will leave to the judges. Make sure you look presentable.”

We all fall down to the ground while Taemin lets the guest out.

--------------------------------------

Luhan pov

“No don’t do it… Leave him alone… I promise I will listen…. I will do it…”

“L…Lu…Luhan…”

“Yes I will do it… I promise, just don’t..”

“YAH LUHAN!!”

My eyes fly open and I look around in shock. Crap another nightmare, why do I keep remembering that day.

I look beside me and see Lay sitting in the car.

“We are here, it’s time to get off.”

I nod and follow him out of the car. We are standing in front of a big building.

Lay turns around and looks into my eyes. “Are you okay?” His voice is full of concern.

“Yes I’m fine.” I smile.

He sighs and turns around again. We both start walking to the building.

We’ve know each other for years, so he probably knows I’m lying.

I feel sorry, but I really don’t want to talk about it. I never told him about the nightmares, or about what happened.

He knows I have them and everytime he is there to console me.

He used to ask me a lot what they were about. But he stopped asking when he noticed he wouldn’t tell.

Now he just consoles me, or ignores it. Depending on the time and place.

Like right now we are here to work, so he won’t try to console me.

We enter the building and look around.

“Let’s ask that lady” Lay says pointing to a lady behind a desk.

“Yes can I help you?” The lady asks.

Her eyes are slowly moving up until she sees our faces.

She blinks a couple off times and a big smile appears on her face.

You can see that she’s trying not to scream out.

“Good day Luhan-ssi and Lay-ssi what can I do for you?”

“Can you show us where we have to be?” Lay asks in broken Korean

“Yes ofcourse. You go straight there to the elevator and go to the 4th floor. When you exit the elevator you turn to your right. It’s at the end off the hallway, you can’t miss it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay I know I promissed that I will update again in the weekend and it's already monday. But let's pretend that the time difference is so big that it's still weekend here.

From now on the words that are like this are spoken in Chinese.

So Luhan and Lay finaly enter the story. I wonder where they are going? :p

xxx-jes