Anger

The Popular Girls.

“When angry, count to four; when very angry, swear” – Mark Twain

 

Jessica was easy to annoy, if that wasn’t obvious already but it was rare seeing her mad.

She almost never got mad because she never cared what people said about her, she mostly ignored everyone or was too busy in her own world to realize what was going on around her.

If she had to be honest to herself, she was never mad at Jiyong.

She only meant to ignore him for a week, but it amused her seeing him try so hard to please her and patch things up that she let it go on for a while, then, all of a sudden, he wasn’t doing anything so she figured that he was mad at her.

She asked herself whether she should have just gave in before he gave up, but it was too late for her to think about what ifs so she let it go.

Jessica Jung never apologized, that was crystal clear.

***

Usually, Jessica barely went to the school’s bathroom unless it was really urgent.

She hated how it was mostly crowded by girls who had nothing to do other than look at themselves in the mirror for the whole lunch or break.

Only plain and insecure girls spent that much time trying to fix themselves, she found it sad.

Then again, not everyone could have Jessica’s confidence, although she didn’t sympathize, that much she understood.

“I don’t know why they hang out together, I mean she’s completely different from Jessica.” a girl said. “They’re both y though”

Jessica’s interest was sparked by hearing her name, she was curious at what the girls were talking about so she didn’t bother getting out of the bathroom cubicle.

It was her first time hearing someone talking about her, she only heard people telling her “so-and-so said whatever” but never witnessed it first-hand.

“Well, they’ve been friends since Middle School, I think”

“Yoojin told me that too! But apparently, Tiffany was completely different!”

Jessica rolled her eyes at the stupidity of the girl’s statement, how could people talk about others like they knew each other, when they truly didn’t?

She stood up, tiring of hearing a meaningless conversation but as she did so, something interesting caught her ears.

“Didn’t you know? She’s been hanging out with Choi Seunghyun these days!”

Choi Seunghyun? Well, well, Jessica thought, raising her eyebrows.

“I heard that too! But I don’t believe it; he’d never go for her”

“Can you even see them together? Pathetic! I heard that she’s been clinging on him because they’re class rep together” laughter was heard from the two girls, which was when Jessica decided to get out of the suffocating cubicle. She’d rather not hear any more from petty people speaking out of jealousy.

She recognized both of the girls, although she didn’t know their exact names, they were in the same year. She was particularly annoyed at one of them, a girl with dark hair, braided to the side, her face had a BB cream way too light for her, making Jessica snort.

She didn’t waste time in saying anything, she wouldn’t waste her breath on people like them but the two girls clearly were in a mood for confrontation as they turned around and got closer to her. Way too close for Jessica’s comfort.

“Is it true then?” the one with black short hair asked.

She’s got some nerves, Jessica thought.

“Do I know you?” the blonde asked, facing her while drying her hands, nonchalant.

It might have come off as obnoxious, Jessica didn’t think it did but even so, she couldn’t care less. She didn’t like people talking to her without respect, it was one of the things she hated the most.

“Kim Jiwoo, class 2-C. So, is it true?”

“You heard what we were talking about right? Answer our question then” the other one added.

Jessica raised her eyebrows once more, no one could dare talking to her that way.

Who did they think they were?

“Kim Jaewoo, right?” she asked mockingly, getting the girl’s name wrong appositely “Why don’t you wash the grease out of your hair, first? And you, didn’t you check the BB cream colour?” she gave them a fake benevolent smile, making her voice sound extra nice and friendly on purpose.

“Why don’t you sort yourself out girls instead of poking your oily noses into someone else’s business?”

She concluded satisfied, but as she turned around to exit the bathroom once and for all, someone grabbed her hair, making her scream.

This ing , she thought, shocked.

One of the girls’ hand came into contact with her cheek, slapping her.

It was then that the adrenaline hit her body, she grabbed the collar of the girl with braided hair, making the girl lose the grip on Jessica’s hair.

Jessica suddenly felt so much anger that she started to throw punches left and right, but she was only one against two but that didn’t seem to make much difference as the girls were so skinny that if someone didn’t intervene, they would have probably ended up murdered.

A lot of people started gathering in the already small bathroom, some with their phones out, boys didn’t even care that they were in a girls’ bathroom but just went inside to witness the fight, some were even instigating it.

Jessica never thought that hitting someone could be as satisfying as it was, her anger only seemed to grow on every hit that she gave or received.

Someone’s arms started holding Jessica back, shouting at her to calm down but she couldn’t register anything that was being said as she could only look at the two other girls also being held back, she wasn’t finished with them.

“What’s going on here?” a teacher’s voice was enough for everyone to run away and get back to their lunch, but it was also enough for Jessica to realize what she’s done.

Oh , oh , she thought seeing the bloody on the floor and on the girls’ faces, she looked down at her hands, also covered in blood.

But what scared her even more wasn’t that she hit someone, but that she liked it.

***

 

Jiyong immediately run over to the girls’ bathroom once he heard someone claiming that Jessica was in a fight.

There were already quite a lot of people already there, as he saw the crowd, why wasn’t someone doing something about it? He questioned.

Once he managed to squeeze through the people, what he saw amazed him. As a guy, it wasn’t the first time seeing a fight of course, but it was his first time seeing a… catfight? That was what they were called, right? It kind of amused him for a second, but then he saw the blood. Something needed to be done.

As he got closer, he saw Jessica’s expression as she was too intent into beating the girls to notice him. Jessica wasn’t Jessica.

Her face, her expression, was completely different, the change scared him.

She always had a dull or bored expression, sometimes amused with a smile, but the intensity of her rage was beyond everything he ever saw.

Jiyong held her arms to prevent her from doing any more damage, and finally some other guys got the hint that the fun was over so they held the other two girls.

“Jessica! Stop! Calm down, Jessica!” Jiyong kept saying in vain, but fortunately a teacher came to the scene, things started to clear up.

“Jessica?” he called her one more time, but he didn’t receive an answer again.

Tears started streaming down the blonde’s face, her body shaking, from anger of exhaustion he couldn’t tell, but one thing he could tell for sure. She was scared.

“Let’s go to infirmary” he said to her after getting the teacher’s approval, he dragged her by the arm along the corridor, until she told him to stop.

“Why?”

She shook her head, not saying anything but when he tried to tug her arms, she just shook her head even more.

“Where do you want to go then? We can’t go far, lessons have started”

Jessica started heading towards the stairs so the only thing he could do was to follow. As they arrived to the last floor, she tried opening the rooftop but it was closed as the school guardian always closed it after lunch for safety reasons so the young girl sat on the floor, leaning her body against the door.

Jiyong look at her uneasy, what was he going to say to her after not speaking to her for so long? Did she even want him there anyway?

“I’ll go get someone”

“Don’t”

He nodded, awkwardly, still on his feet. Jessica tapped the floor next to her, inviting him to sit next to her so he took off his jumper, laid down on the floor and sat on it.

“Why did you fight with them?” he blurted out, not handling the tension at all.

She chuckled bitterly and closed her eyes to relax herself.

“Straight to the point, huh?”

“Yeah, so why did you?”

“That touched me first, then I saw red after she slapped me”

“Who knew fighting was so tiring?” she tried to joke, but once again, tears were on her face.

“I didn’t take you for a fist type of girl” He leaned on the door too.

“I’m not, I’m… not. I...” Words couldn’t come out of , what could she say to justify herself? Did she even want to? She didn’t regret it, it wasn’t her who started it.

But then again, whenever did Jessica Jung take responsibility?

“Don’t say anything, you’re too tired and hurt”

She took a deep breath and with that, she scooted closer to Jiyong, holding onto his arm for support and with that, she leaned on his shoulder and closed her eyes again.

“I’m sorry.”

Jiyong’s heart accelerated, a sense of relieve overwhelming him.

Between the two, Jessica had been the one apologizing, shocking him but herself too.

Sighing, Jiyong then realized that day, that exact moment that he liked that girl more than he should have.

***

 

Dun dun dun! Haha :D

I'm really overwhelmed with the comments, should I make Jisica fight more often? 

Jiyong's got a little crush on the Princess, his first crush.

What do you guys think? Confession? Ask her out? Mmh...?

Next update will be next week!

 

Minnie x