Friday Fallouts

The Popular Girls.

I don't want to be alone, I want to be left alone.

Audrey Hepburn

Friday was Jessica’s favourite day.

She usually went over to Tiffany’s, they pampered each other, got their nails done, facial masks and they just talked about everything and everybody, just themselves and nobody else.

Sure, they were friends with the other girls too but their bond was different. It might have been because they knew each other for longer but they clicked.

With people, you either click or you don’t and they did.

That Friday wasn’t any different, Jessica was drying her hair while Tiffany was still in the shower.

They were like sisters, knowing each other like the palm of their hands, but there were things they preferred to keep to themselves, that was normal. They didn’t need to tell each other everything, that wasn’t what their friendship was about.

“Tiffany! There’s nothing in the kitchen!” Jessica shouted in front of the bathroom.

“What do you want me to do about it?” Tiffany came out, a towel wrapped around her body but her wet hair dripping on the floor

“I’ll go out and buy something”

The blonde pulled her hair back in a ponytail, putting on a hoodie; she took her cash and went out.

The streets were usually empty in their neighbourhood at that time, everyone was either at home or partying in the city centre, typical Friday night.

She put her hood up, her hair were still a bit damp and she had no intention of getting a cold.

She casually walked into the convenience store situated at the side of the road, as always Jessica didn’t take into account her surroundings, absorbed in her bubble.

Jiyong, Seunghyun and Youngbae were eating noodles at their usual convenience store, chatting animatedly like they always did after practise.

When they heard the door opening, they turned around curiously and saw the familiar girl walking past them.

Jiyong started laughing ardently, his head shaking at the sight of the Jessica.

He recognized her immediately.

The two boys looked at him confused at the sudden outburst, Seunghyun deciding that Jiyong had finally lost it.

The laugh burst Jessica’s bubble; she turned around at the obnoxious laughter, but quickly turned back and walked on faster when she spotted her classmate.

She couldn’t let anyone see her in this state; her face was completely bare for God’s sake!

To not mention the clothes, she looked homeless.

Well, not exactly but by Jessica’s standard, she did.

“Hey, Jessica! Jessica, where are running to?” he shouted, following her.

She decided to ignore him, he’d get tired soon and leave her alone, she thought but little did she know that there was no limit to Jiyong’s persistence, if he wanted to talk to her, he would.

“Jessica? Sica?”

She frowned at the nickname, she wasn’t fond of people abbreviating her name but if they started an argument on that, God knew when it’d end.

They were both stubborn and wouldn’t give in to the other.

“Are you embarrassed because you have no make-up on?”

The blonde rolled her eyes while she picked out what noodles to pick.

The more she looked at the various noodles, the more Jiyong kept bugging her asking questions, the harder it got to ignore him.

“So? What are you doing here? Do you not like the chicken flavour? It’s my favourite! The best part is the aftertaste! It just melts in your mouth and-“

“SHUT UP!” Jessica snapped, hitting him in the head with a random cup of noodles, her hood falling from her head, her face more visible.

Jiyong put his arms up, “All right, all right!” he cried, his head with his hand.

The two other boys that were completely forgotten by Jiyong, looked at the scene amused, definitely not holding back their laughter.

“What are you doing here though? It’s past midnight” Jiyong still asked.

“What the do you think people do in a convenience store, idiot? Couldn’t you just ignore me? I had enough of you this week to last me years!”

Ten minutes later, the four of them found themselves outside of the store; the cashier was “fed up of the disruption” quoting the grumpy old man and threatened to call the police.

All of them red in the face, but for different reasons.

The three boys were embarrassed while the girl was so furious that she didn’t even say anything, she just left.

“You better apologize Jiyong” Youngbae told his friend, he knew best of how frustratingly annoying he could be.

“I wasn’t that bad, was I?” Youngbae didn’t bother replying, he just patted him on the back and left.

With a long sigh, Jiyong started running to where Jessica headed before he lost sight of her completely.

Seunghyun was left standing there, he snorted annoyed knowing that he had to run after him, he couldn’t leave his friend in the middle of the night just like that.

Sometimes, Seunghyun hated his loyalty.

***

Jiyong never really had anyone mad at him so when Jessica started ignoring him, he was clueless on what to do.

Jessica purposely went her way out to avoid him.

In the mornings, she’d wander around the school or the streets till school time started.

During lessons, she stared at the board, wrote notes or just plainly faced the other way.

The only moments he could try and talk to her were break and lunchtime, but Jessica had it all figured it out.

At break, she’d go to the first floor to Seohyun’s classroom and chat with her, at lunchtime, she’d stick with her friends and make it obvious he wasn’t welcome.

She didn’t even dare to look at him.

After a month of the same story repeating itself, he gave up.

He didn’t make an effort to talk to her anymore, he just ignored her as she was ignoring him, days went on normally with them getting used to being estranged.

No one in the class knew except for Jiyong’s friends, Jessica made sure to ignore them too unless it was for school matters, but that was never the occasion yet.

***

“Do I have to do it?”

“You get the boys, I get the girls. Simple. Now go.” Tiffany ordered Seunghyun.

He huffed but got up, annoyed by the girl’s bossy attitude but in no way was he going to confront her about it.

That’d mean an argument and arguments were too much of an effort for him.

Being class representative wasn’t as bad as he thought it’d be, Tiffany did most of the paperwork because she didn’t trust Seunghyun to even hold a pen in the right way, let alone actually fill in forms and such.

That day, they had to get everybody’s phone numbers, mobile and home but Tiffany was struggling with some of the boys as they were too busy playing games instead of listening to her. Her only option was to get Seunghyun, a fellow guy, to collect the data.

The boys were running around the classroom, throwing stuff at each other, not a surprise really but Seunghyun was in no mood to play around.

“GUYS, STOP.” He shouted, everyone froze in shock and surprise, apart from Tiffany who was also impressed.

“Write your phone numbers on this sheet and pass it around the whole class. I want everybody’s phone numbers, mobile and home numbers or you can’t go on the trip. All right?” his voice was firm but calm, making sure that everyone knew he was serious.

“Whoa, that was easy.” He then said, the whole class still in silence, people waiting for the sheet to come around.

“You can be quite useful, Choi” Tiffany acknowledged.

To be honest, she expected him to make up some excuses or to just walk out on her but instead, he actually did what she asked him to.

“Don’t be too surprised, you’ll hurt my feelings” he replied nonchalantly.

A small smile tugged Tiffany’s lips, he just nodded at her and walked out of the class, leaving her to collect the sheet.

If things were to go this way for the rest of the year, she could get used to it, she thought.

 

***

 

Hello everyone! :)

As promised, I updated today.

There's going to be a lot of mistakes as I only read it twice.

Shall I double update? Or shall I not? That is the question!

For those of you who seen that DVD in school about homouality, with that dance

"To be or not to be, that is the question"

hahaha :D

Tell me if you want a double update, otherwise I won't know.

Bye!

 

Minnie x