Secrets

The Popular Girls.

The bell rang, sign for everyone that they could go home.

Students run out of the building, glad for another school day to be over and finally head home but that wasn’t the same for Jiyong as he still had a long afternoon ahead of him.

He sat at the bus stop in front of the school, his earphones tucked in his ear. He listened to the music, tapping his foot to the rhythm, moving his head following the rap, imagining to stand on a huge stage and performing.

One day, he’ll realize that dream.

People would know him as the Kwon Jiyong, G-dragon as he liked calling himself.

The bus arrived, distracting him from his world. He hopped on and took a seat, immersing himself in his world again, for about another half an hour.

He got out at the last stop and walked over to the various building, one of them sticking out the most, with initials indicating YG. No matter how many times he saw the building, it would never cease to amaze him.

He still had a hard time believing he was part of it.

Youngbae and Seunghyun were usually with him, but the first one had to attend English lessons and the latter bailed on him for some reason or the other, Jiyong didn’t bother asking.

Typing in his code number because he forgot his trainee card, he entered the building where hard work was expecting him, but he couldn’t be any happier.

That was his place and he’d do anything to be there.

It was past midnight when he finally finished training, he was knackered but satisfied of the work done. If things went the way they were going, his debut would probably happen next year. That was what he kept telling himself, otherwise he’d probably would have lost it a long time ago with the crazy schedules of training.

Fortunately, the distance between YG and his house was walkable, no buses were available at that time.

He stopped at a convenience store to buy some noodles and sat at the counter to eat it, music on out loud on his phone and he tried to rap along with the lyrics as he could.

It was 1 a.m when he got home, trying to not wake his parents up, he sneaked into his room, took off his uniform and as soon as his body hit the bed sleep got to him in no time.

***

To Jessica’s contempt, her neighbours arguing became a habit.

In a week, they argued every evening with no exception, messing up Jessica’s sleeping pattern. She put up with it as her mum said that it was natural, every couple had a period where they’d argue like crazy but it would go away soon.

“You’ll understand when you get married” was what her mum told her.

Funny because Jessica had no intention in getting married. She thought that getting married ruined people, it did that to her mum and she didn’t want to end up like her at all.

So consequently, she woke up in the morning and got to school way too early.

That meant spending forty minutes with Jiyong for four days straight because the guy, for some unknown reason to her, was always there before her.

It was Friday, she promised to herself that if her neighbours wouldn’t stop arguing that weekend, she’d make them stop herself.

“Princess! I’m getting worried, have your neighbours not stopped arguing yet?” he asked her, chuckling at the look Jessica reserved him.

Annoying her became one of his hobbies, her reaction was priceless and the banter they shared was completely off the scale. The girl wasn’t afraid to swear at him, which was what amused him the most.

“Ugh, Kwon. Don’t even mention them, ing bastards.”

That was what he was talking about.

“Ooh. Hasn’t your period ended yet?”

“It ended last night, it’s just the effect you have”

It’s not like Jessica felt comfortable talking about these kind of things with him, she happened to mention it once, forgetting that she was actually talking to Jiyong and then completely regretted it the second after.

She got over it soon enough when he kindly gave her painkillers and by kindly, he was just scared.

“Women are scary during their period, you should see my sister” he said at the time.

“What time do you wake up, Jiyong?” she asked, curiously. His dark circles showing up more than usual.

“Why? You never asked before”

“You look like … no offence” Jessica admitted, of course the “no offence” meant nothing as she meant to offend, but Jiyong took it well.

Jessica didn’t talk to anyone outside her circle of Girls’ Generation so her actually talking to him was something new and he sort of felt proud of that.

She didn’t mind talking to Jiyong and she found that insulting him was very rewarding, although he could annoy her to no end, he wasn’t a bad kid, she knew that.

“Anyone would look like next to you, Princess Jung” he replied, avoiding the question. She smiled brightly, one of the rare times she did. Jiyong found how her smile was contagious and although he did tell her that she should smile more, she replied that was his job, not hers. Huh, eh?

“I know that, I just didn’t think it was possible to look that bad.”

“Jessica learnt something new today, yay” he fake clapped his hands and cheered.

This idiot, she thought, sighing.

***

“Secrets are things we give to others to keep for us” – Elbert Hubbard

 

Jiyong’s lunchtime was usually in the Music room, his favourite place in the whole school.

But that Friday, someone was already in there, singing with a guitar in her hands.

Jiyong started watching the girl who was clearly having fun.

She’s good, he thought.

Without realizing, he joined her, getting closer and he filled in the parts where there a rap was needed. She didn’t even glance at him, just swayed her shoulders to the music and kept playing.

Once the last chord was played, she looked up and smiled.

“You’re really good, Tiffany!” he exclaimed, clapping.

“Why don’t you audition for a company? You totally should!”

Tiffany laughed at his excitement, she couldn’t understand why he was so happy about something so childish.

Music was just a hobby for her, she’d never make a career out of it.

Hobbies were meant to stay hobbies as he father always said, but she did give it a little thought, calling herself crazy afterwards. What would her say? Music? He’d probably scoff and ask her to stop joking.

“Can you keep a secret?” Jiyong suddenly asked her, with a mischievous grin but with a glint of seriousness in his eyes.

“What’s is it?”

“Can I trust you with it?” he retorted, not giving in just yet.

“As much as I can trust you” Jiyong laughed at the smart reply, she’s the President after all, he thought.

“I’m a trainee at YG. Seunghyun Hyung and Youngbae too.” He said, whispering.

“Why are you whispering? It’s just us here”

“So it sounds more like a secret, I can’t just say it casually, you know”

“What kind of secret is that? Pft, so lame” she rolled her eyes, forgetting for a moment who she was.

Ladies don’t roll their eyes.

“So, it’s our secret. You’re in it too, Tiffany Hwang!” Jiyong took her hand and made her swear with her pinkie, he was so childish but maybe that was why people liked him, Tiffany thought.

“Come by to see us at the building, just say you’re my friend”

He stood up, still smiling at her. Tiffany really couldn’t understand the guy.

“But we’re not friends”

“We sang together, I shared a secret with you, you’re my friend.”

Tiffany just nodded, unable to say anything. No one ever approached her like that.

“Let’s sing together more often as well, okay?” his voice still with the playful edge.

“No one can know though…” Tiffany said, more to herself than him.

“That can be our secret too”

In less than a week, Tiffany’s secrets were starting to come out one by one but she found, at that moment in time that she didn’t mind as much as she thought she would.

 

***

 

Hey guys :D

I didn't expect to update so quickly but I had to post this chapter.

It's more... transactional and lets you in a little bit more in Jiyong and Tiffany,

This is NOT a Jifany, they will never have anything going on

more than friendship.

So...

what do you think of it so far?

Let me know! :)

Thank you for everything.

NEXT CHAPTER: FRIDAY OR SATURDAY.

Minnie x