PART EIGHT

Angel without Wings

                --Lee Teuk POV--

I did radio broadcast as usual with Eunhyuk, making happy face isn’t difficult to do. Pretending that you’re happy and smile all the way, that in fact you are hurt and worried, and anxious. Eunhyuk looked at me worriedly. He had become my friend long enough to understand what I really felt.

It’s been three weeks after the incident. Nana was gone. I couldn’t find her anywhere. Her father was taken to jail for what he did, but Nana disappeared after that, after being taken to hospital. No one could find her. I already sent missing person report in the police, but negative. I’ve made posters, and ads in the newspaper, no one reply. No one saw her, no one knew her. It was like, she was only my imagination, only a part of my illusion. Thanks to my member that they remember her, and making sure that I’m still sane. 

That day, I didn’t know why I wanted to give the fans girl outside KBS building their time to talk. The producer realized that. And it’s time for them to talk. Maybe after listening to them, I would feel better. ELFs always making me feel better. I trust on them.

“Annyeonghaseyo, yeorobeun!” Eunhyuk called.

“Annyeong, oppa!” the fans outside replied.

“Now, we are giving you chance to talk to me, or Teuk hyung. Araseo?”

Chaos happened outside. The girls screamed. They began to rise their hands. I saw glimmering white watch on the crowd.

“The one with white watch,” I said, before I could realized what I’m saying.

The wave of disappointment came, but the girl, the one with white watch didn’t want to come up. The crowd became silent when the girl cleared .

“Teukie oppa, do you still remember me?” she said. “Oppa saved me on killing a person. Oppa showed me how to live my life. I never have the chance to say this… Oppa, jeongmal kamsahamnida. Oppa…. Neon naui cheonsa. Yeongwonhi.”

She waved her hand again, making the sign that I always make to the only girl. Nana. I jumped from my seat and tried to run through the door. Eunhyuk stopped me, and the PD glared at me. I sighed, and gulped. This is my only chance. Do it or not. To lose her, or not to lose her. I rushed through the crowd, making my way to outside. Outside, panting hard.

Nana wasn’t there. She wasn’t s there to wait for me. 

No one. She was gone.

Once again.

She slipped from my hand.

When she was this close.

FIN