PART TWO

Angel without Wings

--Nana POV--

He doesn’t listen to what I say, as he walks by and joins his friends. He says something, and he raise his hand.

“LETS DO THIS! URINEUN SUPER JUNI-“ he says.

“-OEYO!!!” the other replies and they walks to the stage.

Super Junior, I thought. The man didn’t say anything with me while we watched their performance. The performance successfully caught my breath. They were so amazing, I couldn’t imagine they were the men who was in the waiting room before. They were totally different. Really different.

Suddenly I just realized what I’m going to do before. I looked at the man, with pleading eyes. “Can I go? I want to go to the toilet. Please?”

He glanced at me for a second, and replied, without looking at me at all. “Aniya. Lee Teuk said not to let you go whatever your reason is.”

“But!”

“Don’t try to run away…” someone said suddenly.

I turned my back and Lee Teuk stood there, drenched in sweat and panted so hard.

“Hyung! We did our best today!”

“Jaranta,” he said.

Lee Teuk grabbed my hand again, while they said ‘kamsahamnida’ many many times. After everything was over, Lee Teuk didn’t come to the dressing room to change his clothes. He said something to s and then looked at me. They nodded to Lee Teuk’s saying, and off we go. Outside the building, again, Lee Teuk covered my head with his hoodie, and tried to get in the car as fast as possible.

“What’s that all about?” I said as I get into the car.

“Do you want to be in the magazine tomorrow as the headline? Do as I say if you don’t.”

“What’s wrong with that? I’m going to die soon. Doesn’t matter at all.”

He said nothing in response to my word. We are in silent. For a loooong time. When I almost get tired of it, he suddenly said.

“Why do you want to die so bad?”

I said nothing. I had thousands of reasons that I should die, that I wanted to die. 

“I will not let you go until I hear the reason.”

I hissed. “You said you wont let me go before I promise that I wont suicide. Now you wont let me before hearing the reason. Which one?!”

“Depends on what kind of reason you have,” he said, in such a simple tone, like this is just another small talk.

“Do you now become my death angel?” I hissed angrily.

He smiled. “I remember that I am an angel. But I never recall becoming death angel. Not once.”

“This is my life and I…”

“Cant you just answer my question?” he stopped my sentence.

I never met someone this impolite before. Not once. He did whatever he wanted, and he said whatever he wanted to say.

I sighed. “You’ll see if you take me to my house.”

“Eodie?” he said.

I mentioned an address and then the car get faster, to a familiar area. My house. My heart beat faster. I didn’t know what would happen if I came back to my house. The car stopped in front of small apartment, and I stepped out of the car after Lee Teuk stepped out.

“Is this your house?” he said.

“On the fourth floor. Wanna come?”

“Is there any other way to make you stop killing yourself?” he said again.

“Heh. Kaja.”

We went upstair. There was no elevator in this little apartment, but Lee Teuk didn’t complain at all making his way to the fourth floor. He was unlike other arrogant celebrities, I think. I stopped in front of 443 door. Inhaling a lot of breath and knocked the door.

“Nana-ah… this is your own house, right? Why did you knock?”

I said nothing in response. I couldn’t hear any sound other than my own heart beats faster and faster and louder. When the door opened, I almost died because of getting scared. My dad’s face came up. His usual drunk face. He looked at me with anger. He didn’t see Lee Teuk, when he grabbed my arm and dragged me inside, leaving the door wide open.

He threw me to hit the sink, and I fell. Feeling so in pain. He hit me in my stomach with his leg.

“You didn’t come back yesterday! Where did you go!? HAH?!”

“Appa…! Hajima….!” I said breathlessly, while trying to protect my head from being hit.

“You impudent child! I raise you for nothing!”

He hit me again and again, i never was able to count how many times he hits me. He always did this to me, whenever he was drunk. And he always was drunk.

“You better off dead!” he said.

This word always came to me, like seven times a day. And suddenly the hitting stopped. I raised my head, hoping that appa would burst in tear and promised that he wouldn’t do that to me again. But what I saw was Lee Teuk holding appa back, effort fully.

“Ahjussi! Hajima!”

Appa turned to Lee Teuk angrily. “YAH! NUGU?!”

“Andwe! Nana might get killed!”

“I don’t care! I’m going to kill that stupid girl!”

“Nana! RUN!”

I couldn’t budge. I didn’t know what to do. If I ran away now, appa would get even madder at me. He would hit me even harder, if I ever comeback. Ottohke?

“NOW!”

“Geureondae….”

Although saying that, I jumped, a bit limp as the pain hit me again, and ran away as fast as I can. On the first floor I could hear the alarm on Lee Teuk’s car. I opened the door and locked myself inside. Breathlessly, I hugged myself. Pain and fear collected on my chest. I hardly could breathe. I heard footsteps coming closer and closer and suddenly Lee Teuk opened the car door. He said nothing and his car. I could see bruise on his face and he was covered with sweat. Before I could say anything, the car went away from my apartment, and I could hear appa screamed.