PART SEVEN

Angel without Wings

--Nana POV--

Eunhyuk drove the car as fast as he could to the address given by me. I worried too much. Appa must be very furious to Lee Teuk. He was the one who took me out of that house, and appa sure knew who he had to avenge it. I didn’t like my negative thinking on appa, like what Eunhyuk said to calm me down. But I knew appa would do anything to turture Lee Teuk oppa, and I didn’t like the idea at all. He could have killed him.

Eunhyuk was panic like I was. His hand shook while turning the wheel to the left, and he couldn’t calm down when the traffic light turned red. I knew he was so worried of Teukie oppa. We both felt the same thing.

Arriving in apartment, I could feel the tense. Uncomfortable tense. I could hear faintly a shout, a groan. I ran, followed by Eunhyuk, to the fourth floor. The door was wide open. No one lived in the fourth floor, and appa never closed the door, except when he held me inside.

“Hyuk oppa, you get Teuki oppa. I will handle my appa. Araseo?”

“Geureondae…!”

“There’s no but! It’s me who can do this.”

I rushed in. My appa, like what I’d tell you, he beat up Teukie oppa. Thank God, Teuki oppa still moved a bit, and tried to protect his head. He could do nothing. My appa was strong as hell, he was a yakuza once in Japan. This what made him so strong.

“APPA! HAJIMA!” I shouted. 

Appa turned his back and looked at me. He wasn’t drunk this time, although his eyes were red, he was fully aware of what he did.

“Hah! What are you doing in here impudent child?!”

“Appa should stop this! Don’t do this anymore!”

He hit me forcefully, until I hit the door. “Why should I? It’s fun beating people up!”

Blood came from my nose. I swept it away. “Why? Why did you do this to me!? I’m your daughter!” I said, while standing, making the sink as my support. I blinked my eyes, giving signal to Eunhyuk oppa to take Teukie oppa out of the house.

“DAUGHTER?! My daughter!? Are you kidding me?!”

“What?”

“YOU’RE NOT MY DAUGHTER!!!” he shouted.

“But, auntie…. She brought me here…. she said…”

“That woman!? She said she will take you again. But she didn’t. she never did. Hah!”

“But why….? This is…. You’re my appa…. You….” I said, tears burst from my eyes. The only thing I didn’t run away was because I always think that this drunken man was my appa. Now what?

“The only thing makes me keeping you in here is that I can sell you once you’re mature enough. With that face, you can hit high rates,” he said.

“Mwo….?”

He hit me again. This time I hit the opened drawer. Kitchen utensil fell along with me. I had reason to be with him anymore, he wasn’t my appa. Not anymore. I reached on the kitchen utensils to search for any weapon. I hold something on my hand. I’m standing again, bleeding on the nose, and felt the agony on my cheek.

When appa held out his hand, I pointed the knife I held. He seems startled with that, but he grinned.

“You wouldn’t dare. You never kill a person before.”

“Try me! I almost killed myself because of you. I’m not scared killing people.”

He walked closer, two steps. He was right on one side, my hand shook uncontrolled. I might not be able to do it.

“Walk another step, I’ll kill you!” I screamed.

“Nana!” Someone called my name, distracted appa’s attention to turn his head to him.

Teukie oppa, I could see him. I could see appa smiling, guessed he would take hold of Teuki oppa again, I rushed forward. Stabbed him right on his stomach, stabbed it deeper when I heard he groaned painfully.

He collapsed, I pulled the knife, drenched in blood now. I didn’t know why, but I cried. Tears fell on my cheek, while I dropped the knife and sobbed again. Teuki oppa ran to me, and hugged me. I cried on his chest. Cried and cried, while whispering again and again.

“I killed my father… I killed him… I killed….”

“No… no… you didn’t kill him… you are not guilty… shhh….”

“No… he is dead!”

Teuki oppa raised his head to Eunhyuk oppa who stood in front of the door, looking at the body. “Hyuk! Call the police and ambulance!”

“Mwo?!” he said, in trance.

“POLICE! NOW!”

Eunhyuk ran outside. I still cried.

“Shh…. Don’t cry anymore…. It’s all over…."