PART FIVE

Angel without Wings
                --Lee Teuk POV--

                I talked with usual tone, with Eunhyuk on the radio broadcast. Nana was standing outside the glass. I found her. She was there. she wasn’t lost. Happy thoughts came up on my mind. She waved her hand, and smiled, her usual innocent and sweet smile. I smiled back, waving my hand, making the girls behind her scream. Let them though that it was them. Eunhyuk said something to me, I couldn’t her what he said, so I moved closer to him. Trying to listen to what he said. I glanced to Nana again, making sure that she was there. but a man, her father, stood behind her, she was still smiling. I stood instantly, trying to make her see who was behind her. But her father grabbed her, shut and dragged her away. I could see her eyes showed great fear. I jumped to the glass, feeling the same fear as her, screaming.

 

                ”NOOOOOO!!!”

                My hand reached out in the air, hit the front glass of my car. I groaned when morning sun welcomed me.  I fell asleep on my car, placed my head on the steering wheel. I panted so hard. Thank God it was a dream, I think, what a dream… a very good dream…. My head felt so heavy, and I barely can open my eyes.

                I looked for her the whole Incheon, but she is nowhere to be found. I even looked on her house, but her father opened the door and said she wasn’t there. and giving me a good punch on my face. Perfect. Now I have another bruise to be made up with concealer on my face.

                I ignored many calls from Ryeowook, he must be worried about me, not coming back to the dorm for a whole night. But I concerned more on Nana. She had no one to go, no where to go, and now she was lost. I even came to the police whether they found a girl last night, but no report. She worried me so much. I would give her a good spank on her head when I found her. IF I found her.

                I my engine again, remembering that I have another shooting on SBS studio today. Damn. I would have limited time to look for her today.

 

                I couldn’t even concentrate on the shooting today. I made a lot of mistakes. Thankfully I could finish the shooting before the lunch, and off again. Today I had to find her. Not tomorrow, but today. I thought, the most possible place for her to stay, is her house. She had nowhere to go. So, I came to her house again. No one was there. The apartment was empty. I knocked many many times, but no one replied. I listened more, if someone was inside, but rejected to reply. Something moved inside the house, I heard. I tried to look for another way in. Balcony or something.

                There is a balcony and a little opening to that balcony. It’s dangerous to climb. Thankfully the room beside Nana’s house was empty and unlocked. I climbed to the balcony and made my way to jump to Nana’s house balcony. If someone saw this, this was definitely robbery. Fortunately no one was walking or in the area. I can feel my bones and joints stretched out, fortunately I did dance a lot.

                I knocked and checked of the window was open. Thank God it is open. No one would ever think a thief would broke into the house.

                “Nana,” I called. “Nana.”

                Again, something moved. I can barely see in this dark, the power was out, so I couldn’t turn on the light. This house smelled like soju and alcohol. The whole thing is messy. I walked to the bedroom and Nana was there. Tied up, drenched in sweat, tears, even some blood from .

                “NANA!!!” I ran towards her, and at once untie the rope. She hugged me once the rope untied. She cried so hard.

“Oppa… gomapta… oppa…” she said, while sobbing again and again.

I touched her face to sweep away her tears. Her eyes were so red and swollen, and her face had some heavy bruises. Some were even bleeding. “Omona… what did he do to you?”

“I never… see… appa…. Furious like yesterday…”

“Jeongmal mianhae…. Mianhae…. I cant protect you…” I hugged her back. I could feel her shoulder was shaking, from fear and holding back her tears.

I carried her and took her out of her house. I thought of taking her to the hospital, but that’d be a burden for her later when the reporters knew this. I decided to take her to the dorm, and had Ryeowook mended her wound. Ryeowook was good at taking care people.

 

_____DORM_____

“What happen to her, hyung?” Ryeowook asked, after mending Nana’s wound.

Nana was sleeping deeply. The other members gathered on the living room, wanted some explanation from me. I knew how weird it was, taking girl to the dorm, a wounded girl, a girl who wanted to suicide. If the manager knew about this, he would be enraged.

“Hyung, did she do that herself?” Yesung asked.

I shook my head. No, she didn’t mean to kill herself. “Aniya…”

“So, who is it? she couldn’t be just wounded if she tripped on the street!”

“That wound isn’t light wound. You should have taken her to the hospital. She need further check up.”

“You’ll never know if there is internal injuries, hyung,” Kyuhyun said.

“What about the reporter?”

“If you really care about her, you wouldn’t care for that ,” Heechul said.

“Jeongmal? Is that really okay? What about the gossip?” I asked again. I couldn’t act on something that would risk my members’ existence.

“Hyung, you should be selfish sometimes. Do it for yourself.” Shindong patted my head.

“Ka!” Eunhyuk and Donghae said, while pushing me to the door.

“Yeorobeun, gomapta!” I said.

I ran to Nana’s room, carried her, and took her to the ground floor, to the hospital.