PART ONE

Angel without Wings

--Nana POV--

I smile ironically remembering what I said at that time, while watching trucks and cars ran under my feet. I grasped the cold steel of crossing bridge. I never thought that I would do exactly what I said 10 years ago. I’m tired, I thought. Never be happy, what this life is about? I raised my feet on the steel when I heard screaming and someone hit me.

 “ANDWEEEE!!!”

 We both fell and I couldn’t see who hit me. I tried to let go myself, but he hugged me so tight.

“Don’t do that! Please, don’t!” he said many many times.

“Let me go!” I screamed.

The man let me go, but still holding my arm so tight.

 “Nuguseyo?!” I screamed again. “Ne kwansimi aniya!”

“I wont let you go until you promise me you wont suicide!”

“Mwoya?!”

The man touched his hair with one hand and tried to clean his dirty white clothes. He grabbed my hand and dragged me away from the bridge.

“Let me go or I scream!” I threat.

“Just scream! I will say that you’re a thief!” he said.

I couldn’t believe what I just heard. I just wanted to die, and it’s so hard to do! Life is so hard, and only to die is also HARD! What a life! He kept dragging me through the street, to his car. He pushed me into his car.

“What do you want?!”

“I’m saving your life you know?!” he said as he sit on the driver sit.

“MWO?! I’m trying to suicide! Don’t you understand?!” I screamed.

“Someone inside you wanted to kill you, and I saved your life. You should have said thanks!”

“And I want to die! I want to die so bad!”

He placed his hand on my lips. “Don’t say that!” he said with strict look.

He the engine and the car ran on the road with steady speed. He said nothing to me, so do I.

“Waeyo?” he said, suddenly.

“Mwo?” I said.

“Why did you want to die?” he said again.

“Did I see any reason why I have to tell you THAT?!”

He became quiet again. I watched outside, I just noticed that girls turn their head when this car passed. I turned my head to look at the man. I just realized that this man is handsome, with dark brown hair and pointed nose. He glanced at me, while I stared at him. My face became red. I looked at the other direction at once.

“My name’s Lee Teuk,” he said.

“Did I ask…?!” I started to scream again.

“Hush! At least let me know your name!” he said, in fierce tone.

I felt as if I’m unable to say another word. “Nana.”

He smiled, and little dimple came up on his left cheek when he did that. “Johayo.”

I turned my head again to the window, feeling my face so hot. After that he said nothing, not even a word. I just wondered where we were heading when suddenly the car stopped, in front of a big building. He reached on the back seat and took a hat. He made me wear the hat, which covered my face. He stepped out of the car, saying that I shouldn’t open the car door. He opened it himself and grabbed me to get out of the car. He covered me with his hood and grabbed my shoulder, and like dragging me into the building. I could hear girls screaming on the way the building, although I couldn’t see anything under the hood.

Inside the building he took off the hood, and grabbed me and walked to the third floor. He walked again, by saying nothing. I became so confuse on this condition. What happen?! Suddenly he stopped, made me hit his back.

“Why did you stop sud…?”

Without answering or letting me finish my sentence, he opened the door and dragged me inside.

“Mianhae! I’m late!” he said breathlessly.

“Hyung! It’s one hour before we go to the stage!”

“Ne, hyung! Where have you been?”

“Teukie hyung! Your car suddenly turns away. What happens?”

Stage? Where am I? I looked around and realized there are nine men wearing good clothes, with make up on. Where am I? Suddenly, a man with blonde hair looked at me. I moved closer to Lee Teuk.

“Weee! Hyung! Who is this girl?!” he screamed.

“Hush! Not so loud! I found her…”

“Hyung what?!” said the other, a man with black hair, a younger one.

Lee Teuk attempted to let my hands go, but I insisted holding his hand. I don’t know where I am, and I only know him. No way I’m going to let his hand go, not in million years.

“Don’t you dare…. ” I hissed.

A man with black hair and beautiful look like a girl suddenly snatched my hand. “Nuguseyo?!”

“Heechul… don’t be so rude….” Lee Teuk said in low tone.

“Teuk hyung! Who is this girl? You’re going to ruin our performance today?”

“Aniya…. I didn’t mean to do so. This is the girl I saved….”

“You saved? What do you mean?” a fat man said.

“Shindong, she attempted to suicide from the bridge, and I saved her…”

“SUICIDE?!” all of them screamed, looking at me amazingly, like they never see someone else before.

“What did you do that for?!” Heechul said again.

“Is that matter right now? Let’s go practicing for the last time,” someone said, a man with slanting eyes, and messy hair who sat on the chair in front of the mirror while holding a turtle.

“Whoaa… Yesung hyung!” said another man with pink handphone. “It’s unusual for you to say that!”

“Sungmin ah! Don’t flatter me,” Yesung replied.

A man patted Yesung’s shoulder, a tall man with macho look. “Yesung hyung, he doesn’t mean to flatter you. It’s humiliation.”

“Jinjja, Siwon ah!?”

Siwon nodded, and suddenly the room becomes a riot. I grabbed Lee Teuk’s hand tighter. I don’t know what happen in here, and now I’m scared. He looked at me, I could feel his glare, but I’m not brave enough to raise my head.

“Yeorobeun…. Jebal…” he said. No one hear what he said. “YEOROBEUN!!!” he screamed.

Like someone has pressed the ‘pause’ button, suddenly everybody (all the 9 men) paused on what they did. Lee Teuk smiled again, showed his dimple.

“Johayo…” he said softly.

“Kaja,” a man said. The man who asked who I am before.

“Eunhyuk-ah… don’t forget what we planned to mention on my part. Araseo?” Lee Teuk said to him.

“Araseo, hyung…”

“Eunhyuk ah! What are you planning?” a man said, a man with tender look and sweet smile.

“Donghae yah, remember what I told you….” And the next sentence I couldn’t hear them because they walked outside with the other members.

When the other had gone, Lee Teuk looked at me while touching my hand. “I want you to stay here. don’t go anywhere okay? Or you’ll get lost. Araseo?”

“Geureondae, Lee Teuk!”

“Uh-huh…. Don’t call me Lee Teuk. That’s impolite. I’m older than you. Call me oppa… or ahjussi… how old are you?”

“Uh… 20…” I couldn’t see why I trust him so much.

“Ne… call me oppa… or ahjussi… whatever you want… we’re just 7 years away,” he said. “Do you understand that you have to stay?”

“I’m not idiot. I know what word ‘stay’ means!”

He walked to the door, and I wait for him to go then I would go. To the death. But he stopped while holding the doorknob. He turned to me, with uncertain look, I definitely could see those.

“I don’t believe you. You better come with me.”

He dragged me again. Why did I get drag many times today? This time he dragged me to the backstage, where his other friends had lined up. Waiting for turn I presume. Lee Teuk talked to a man, an older man than him, near his friends. The man looked at me, and he nodded.

“You wont go away for sure. He will take care of you,” Lee Teuk said again to me. Giving my hand to the other man’s hand.

“MWO?! Geureondae…!”