Meeting the Girlfriend

Our Special Secret

            Infinite’s promotions for their latest single were going so swimmingly well that they decided to throw a little party at their dorm. They’d invited APink to come join, but only Eunji and I accepted. Eunji, because she was close to Hoya and Sunggyu of course. Me, because Myungsoo was making me. He was inviting Doyeon over and he really wanted me to meet her. He seemed so excited about it that I had no choice but to oblige.

            When I arrived at Infinite’s dorm, Myungsoo was apparently going out to pick Doyeon up. I hung around the dorm with Sungyeol, chatting about our favorite books and movies. The door then opened and in came Myungsoo with Doyeon trailing in behind him.

            She was the very epitome of an ulzzang: small frame, long black hair, pale face, huge eyes, and small, red lips. She looked cute, I admit. But not who I would’ve ever expected Myungsoo to be with. She also had this bratty look on her face when she came in, like she was reluctant to even be here. But I pushed all of my judgments aside as I came to greet her, along with the other Infinite members.

            “Doyeon,” Myungsoo said. “This is Naeun. A good friend of mine.”

            I stuck out a hand. “Nice to meet you,” I said with a friendly smile. “Myungsoo has told me lots about you.”

            Doyeon studied my face. It was as if she was judging me from head to toe, looking to see if I was even worthy of being her boyfriend’s “good friend”. In the end, she looked at me in disgust. “Nice to meet you too,” she said flatly.

            “Did you go to the sushi place I told you about?” I asked Myungsoo, trying to ignore the fact that his girlfriend was a complete .

            “Yeah! And you were right. It was pretty awesome. I actually want to go there again,” Myungsoo replied. I noticed that he leaned in closer to me now.

            “Well for you cause I’m out of coupons,” I said playfully.

            “Wait,” Doyeon intercepted, “Naeun. You gave Myungsoo those coupons?”

            “Yeah,” I said. Then I turned to Myungsoo. “You’re welcome, by the way.”

            “Hey, I was just going to say thank you. I swear.”

            “Uh huh.”

            “Seriously. You just beat me to it.” He started laughing, then I started laughing. “You’re ridiculous,” I said, slapping his shoulder. He tried dodging it but to no avail, I’d already hit him.

            Woohyun snickered to the side. “Dang that’s awk.”

            Myungsoo and I gave him a look. “What is?”

            “Well no duh,” Woohyun said. “Didn’t you two used to have a thing?”

            Both of our eyes widened. “Nonononono,” Myungsoo and I started saying immediately.

            “Hyung where’d you get that from?”

            “We aren’t even that close.”

            Woohyun looked at me, then back at Myungsoo. “Seriously? Are you guys seriously playing that charade?” He then leaned over to Doyeon and whispered, “They both deny it but it was quite evident to everybody.”

            God Woohyun do you not know how to take a hint?!

            Doyeon looked angrier than ever, of course. She was just standing there, arms crossed, fuming. Then she stormed out of the building and Myungsoo had to go and chase after her. Woohyun and I stood by the door, watching him go.

            “I don’t like her,” I mumbled aloud.

            “Me neither,” Woohyun agreed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

            After the party ended, I was helping the Infinite members clean things up with a trash bag in hand. Myungsoo had managed to make things up with Doyeon and she and him ended up hanging out in his room the entire time doing who knows what.

            “Myungsoo-ah! Come outside and help us clean up!” Sunggyu hollered.

            “Coming!”

            Myungsoo stepped outside of his room, leaving it wide open.

            “Hey Naeun, can you get my phone?” Sungyeol asked me from across the room. “It’s on my bed.”

            “Sure,” I said.

            When I went into Myungsoo and Sungyeol’s room, Doyeon glared at me the entire time.

            “Can I help you?” I asked her.

            She slowly stood up, arms crossed. “Yes. You can. By staying away from Myungsoo.”

            “What?”

            “You heard me. Myungsoo is my boyfriend. Mine and mine only. You can’t go anywhere near him, do you understand?”

            God and I thought I was possessive?

            “Who are you? My mother?” I asked sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. “Now if you’ll excuse me, I need to give Sungyeol his phone.”

            “You better obey my orders, Son Naeun,” she said through clenched teeth as I walked out. “You better stay away from him.”

            I turned back and gave her one last look before leaving her behind. The way she said my full name was weird. How did she even know it? I asked myself. I had no idea what Myungsoo saw in her. Crazy .