13- R.O.D. (Part I)

COUP D'ETAT
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dining room was vacated except for eleven people. Ten of them, Yoona, GD, Young Bae, TOP, Seungri, Daesung, Dara, CL, Minzy & Bom, are sitting on the long dining table whilst Teddy was the only one standing. The others had gone off to wander and guard the perimeter. Young Bae came to talk strategies while Teddy, who remained hidden until now, gathered them for some news.

When the rest were comfortable on their seats, Teddy proceeded to distributing small boxes in front of every person. They opened it with no difficulties.

“Uhh.. thanks?” GD said dumbly as he looked at the ring, necklace and earrings inside.

Seungri faked a gasp and put his hand over his chest. “Hyung, you shouldn’t have.”

Yoona took the ring between her fingers. “This is too flashy for me.” she frowned.

“That’s what I’ve been working on for a year now. Funny how I finished it just in time.” Teddy said. “Those rings are trackers. Wherever the hell on earth you guys are, we’ll be able to track you. I thought you’d appreciate that I’d make it a bling.”

Yoona muttered under her breath how ridiculous YG’s liking to shiny things.

“This would have come handy when someone went missing.” CL taunted.

Yoona just childishly stuck out her tongue.

Teddy went on like he didn’t hear the exchange. “The earrings are for communication. Those are wired on my laptop. Only me, and the rest of you can use it. Since the ten of you would be divided during the takeover, I thought it would be less worries if we can know what’s going on with each other. No one takes it off.”

The others nodded in agreement.

Jiyong raised his eyebrows at Teddy. “How did you do this? Made a deal with a devil? Met with Harry Potter lately?”

Teddy rolled his eyes. “It’s not magic, you . It’s quantum physics. It was really difficult since I had to mix it with biology, technology and jewelry making. That’s why it took me a long time to make it. And I only made ten working sets.”

He cleared his throat and continued, “Now the tricky item, the necklace. It won’t really do much. Except if one of you experienced a great deal of physical pain, everyone else would feel it too. If one dies, you’ll feel you’ve been robbed of one of your senses. Let’s hope it will not come to that. It’s more of a precaution.” The others looked sullen when they entertained the idea of one being dead.

GD instinctively looked around the table. These are the faces of his closest friends and of course of his one and only love. The effect of the necklace when someone *gulps* dies seems appropriate. They would be robbed of their senses. Something will feel missing. “Don’t forget you have a choice, guys. You can back out if you want.”

They all looked at each other, smiling. TOP raised his eyebrows at GD. “You did not get me excited just to ask me to back down, we have your back, Ji. We’ve been through so many attacks, what’s different about this one?”

GD shook his head. “I don’t know. I can’t shake this bad feeling. Like.. It’s like…” It’s like someone’s going to leave. But he decided to let his statement hanging. Yoona rubbed his arms affectionately. “Thanks Teddy hyung. You’re the best.”

“Sure. I’ll be at SM with YB, alright? You all keep safe.”

Young Bae took charge immediately. “Okay let’s go through this again. Dara, Seungri you’ll lead the enemy to—“

The two looked at each other, amused. “We know, hyung. You’ve told us about a hundred times already.”

Young Bae glared at them. “Daesung, CL & Bom will take charge in leading the other group to Cabi.” The three nodded. “TOP & Minzy will hold the fort here. You will not let them reach the farmhouse. Jiyong and Yoona, you two will help out here and lead the second wave to where we talked about. By that time, we’ll be ready for you.”

The rest nodded. It was an easy laid plan by Yoona with a few alterations here and there by GD, Young Bae and CL. However, the strategy would only work if they had predicted Taecyeon’s moves right. Plus the fact that they will be dividing their limited sources might not be ide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter