Plan C

How to propose?

--- Back to Jonghyun’s pov. ---

 

“Yeah, baby of course.” … “I understand.” … “No don’t be, it’s ok.” … “Ok, I love you too Bummie. Bye!”

I closed my cell with a big sigh. Why was it so hard lately to get with Kibum?

It was my first official day off since forever and he just have to go out. As predicted something with the preparations went wrong in the last minute. And it had to be today of all days!

So here I am – alone. With nothing to do and no hope for my Bummie dose anywhere near in the future. I sighed again.

Trying to get my thought out of the present problem I thought about the ring I soon have to offer Kibum. It didn’t leave the drawer ever since we came back from out little vacation. I didn’t have the guts to take it out.

Never have I imagined proposing the one I love could be this hard. Not only others came in my way, the past had also appeared. And now I can’t help but wonder : Is everything still ok? Are we really meant together?

No no, no matter what I have to believe this thing between us is love. L-o-v-e! I just have to try again. The previous two plans didn’t work since they had too many unfavorable conditions behind. So I need a new one!


Slowly Plan C started forming in my mind. Romantic-dinner-plan and romantic-trip-plan already failed. What else was there?

Surprise? Surprise!

That should do! /Oh wait, I shouldn’t get my hopes up just yet, it’s bad omen./

So surprise? The classic was to put the ring in Bummie’s glass of wine or maybe in his cake. But that’s too much cliché even for me. And it won’t be really a surprise for my baby. I mean, we are together for two years. something should click in him if I suddenly organize romantic dinner in a fancy restaurant. No, it has to be a real surprise. Something that would make him cry while kissing me and uttering “I do. I do.”. Ah … *day-dreaming mode*
Anyway. The exhibition is just around the corner (in four days to be exact) and I want the engagement to be reality by then so I have to hurry. If I’m lucky enough tomorrow would be The day! Yeah, if I’m lucky - not like the other two times …

Funny how things work. It’s easy to believe in God or destiny, the world constantly shows you there’s something more.

I was thinking what to do and my phone rang.

“Hyung”, it was Taemin, “We’re going out tonight!”

.  .  .

I raised my eyebrow.

“Define “we” “

“Me, you, Key, my amazing almost boyfriend Onew, Nicole and maybe Sulli if I manage to reach her.”

The eyebrow went even further almost disappearing my bangs.

“Going out?”

“Yeah! Well at first I told Key you aren’t needed but …”, how could I not awed at my friend’s sweet feelings toward me, “… he told me you are still grumpy about the other time and …”, Grumpy? When was I grumpy?!, “…if not anything else he wants to dance with you.” He wants? That makes it …

“Ok!”, I said little over enthusiastically than I wanted to.

“Yeah, yeah hyung”, seems like Taemin was in his mode, “Meet me at 8 in front of my house, kay? Oh and please bring Key’s jacket, he asked for it.”

“Ok, but Taem …”

“Gotta go, hyung! Till later, bye bye!” and with that my best friend hung up on me. Oh well …

I glanced at my clock and seeing it was already 6 p.m. I quickly stood up.

If we were going to a party of course I had to dress up. Especially since my sweetheart asked for me :p.

It took me an hour to get ready.

I know I’m not a girl nor Kim Kibum, ok! But if you haven’t even brush your teeth this morning the process takes a little bit longer. What?! I told you it was my day off!

I was getting late so in hurry started searching for Kibum’s jacket. That took a while.

Seriously our wardrobe seems more like another room in the house. And as much as I like looking amazingly y almost all the time, 75% of the clothes there were Kibum’s.

What can I say : I have money to buy and no heart to say no to him. He may be a man of arts but that doesn’t mean he have to look like a beggar. Or at least he says so, who am I to argue . . .

Finally I spot it on a hanger and carefully took it off hurrying to get the keys for my car and finally get out of the house.

As I was leaving however my eyes fell on the drawer where the hidden ring was. I then eyed the jacket in my left arm and a thought flashed in my mind.

Tomorrow? Why not make it today?

I took out the box and put it in the right pocket of the jacket zipping it so it wouldn’t fell out accidentally.

Grinning I left the house.

Kim Kibum there’s surprise waiting for you tonight! 


I'm horrible! So sorry I didn't update for so long, really, I was in hiatus for this story and had writer block and was lazy and was depressed and ...
Forgive me? Pinky promise? No? *pout*

Anyway here's the "Plan C" horaaay! Would Jonghyun succeed this time? Personally I think his plan is a little stupid. So many things might go wrong. Well, we will see *evil laughter*

The next Thursday I officially start my first year as university student. I'm so excited hardly can wait. And a little scared since I'm gonna live apart from my family for the first time. Wish me luck!

I hope I will update soon (I stopped making promises TT_TT ). I know what to write and it seems fun so maybe ... *mumble*

(Does anyone read this part of the chapter?)

Please comment! (I lost one subscriber *sniff*. I'm sorry the story disappointed you my lost subscriber T.T)

Thanks for reading!