Prologue

How to propose?

“So” , Taemin took a sip of his banana sheik , “What exactly do you need me for? I’m not some freaking counselor if you didn’t notice.”
In fron of him was sitting an impatient Jong-puppy with pleading eyes and anticipating smile.
“Come on, Taemin, you perfectly know what it is about. I want it to be perfect but with him always somewhere with someone it’s nearly impossible. I need some help in setting things up!” , he exclaimed getting a few looks from the people on the other tables.
“Just ask him, it should be enough” , the younger said not really affected by Jonghyun’s fit.
“Nah, it wouldn’t be “enough”. Neither it is special or romantic. What if he gets disappointed and turn me down?!”
“He won’t hyung, actually I think it will be better for him. You know how stressed and busy he is about the whole exhibition thing.”
Taemin had a point. Lately Jonghyun had seen Kibum’s face for merely ten minutes at the morning. If you don’t count the sleeping-angel expression at night, that is. But still . . .
“Exactly! He needs something romantic once in a while.”
“I think the two years he’s been with you, he got more “romantic stuff” than he’d need for life!”
“Nonsense!” , once again Jonghyun cried out said a little bit too loudly , “”You can’t get enough romantic stuff!”
“As you say, hyung.” , giving up Taemin sighted , “Do as you like but I’m telling you , you better not overdo it. Key hyung is stressed enough without you already.”
“So you will help me?” , with his best big-round-eyes look Jonghyun looked at the younger man.
“No, of course not! I’m perfectly busy with my soon-to-be-relationship, thank you.”
Jonghyun smirked, “You’re pretty sure you can get him, huh?” , nothing left from his sweet pleading voice he asked.
“Well of course! I’m sure he already dreams of me!” , Taemin grinned . It was a scary grin – a mixture of innocence and slyness.
“Aigo, this boy really!” , the other laughed , “I wonder of Kibum had seen this side of “his cute friend”? ”
“Haha hyung don’t be silly!” , Taemin playfully hit the elder’s arm, “Who do you think taught me all that?”
Jonghyun’s smile fell off.
Really?
Bummie?
Before the conversation could continue Jonghyun decided that he doesn’t really want to know and changed the topic.

 

---   Jonghyun’s and Kibum’s house. The same night   ---
---   Jonghyun’s pov   ---


Getting home I was greeted by a deafening music threatening to take for good my ability to hear.
‘He must be working’. It wasn’t something new so there was nothing for me to be surprised by. As Taemin said these days Kibum was excessively stressed out . His exhibition was just around the corner and he was spending all his days running – meeting people, getting things ready and checking out if everything was perfect.
You don’t get why after all that he would sculp till midnight then? Well I don’t get it either, guess it’s just his character. He would always say that creating calms him down, although these works hardly had a chance to be seen by anyone except for its creator (and me of course).
The music was all part of the proses. I don’t know why going short of ear helps his inspiration but who am I to judge his ways? Mostly because the only place the judging will get me is the couch for a month. Fortunately I learned to carry my keys, otherwise I would have to sleep outside anyway.
Quickly I drop my bag by the gate, hung my coat and approach the studio.
When we started living together I promised him that I would make my, at that time useless, basement into one so he wouldn’t need to sleep away from home. I meant what I said, he had stepped into his previous apartment just to change clothes once in a while.
Opening the door carefully, not that it mattered because of the sound, I saw him standing in the middle of it, showing his back. Taking my chance I crept behind him.
“Bummie” , whispering in his ear I enveloped his waist with my hands.
The response was immediate -  Kibum jumped and turned around slapping me with a hand covered with clay. Ouch!
And than he saw it was me.
“Jonghyun!” , quickly he switched off the music , “How many times do I tell you – don’t creep behind me like that! You scare me to death!” , he really did look scared. I had told him that I will be late so it seems he didn’t expect me. But it was already dark outside?
“Thanks for the greeting, my dear. I love you too.” , I pouted still holding my cheek. The boy could hit hard if he had his reasons.
“Are you okay?” , he came near and replaced my palm with his , “Sorry.” , he said with concerned voice , “I didn’t mean to, but you know how I get sometimes.”
“Yeah, yeah” , impatient to get to the more important matters I shook it off , “Now give me the kiss I deserve!” , with that I leaned onto him pointing at my folded lips. But Kibum averted his head.
“Pabo” , he muttered and went back to his work , “Wait a few minutes I’m almost done here.”
“Ani !Don’t want to!” , this wasn’t the reality I wanted , “I will just keep hugging you until you finish.” ,  proving my words I placed my hands on his waist once more. What do I said, I may be older but I’m the kid in the relationship.
“Joong stop it!” , he tried to get away but I was stronger , “Jong I would get your suit dirty!”
“Who told you a care about it? I have like ten others.” , being director in a big company had its advantages/ obligations , “Holding you like this is much more important.”
“Ah, Jonghyun!” , he cried out again , “You can hold me when we go upstairs.”
“But it’s not now” , I pouted. Go ahead, call me clingy!
“Grrrr” , he made a frustrated noise. So it’s about time for my baby to give in, huh? He must be tired.
“Fine!” , he turning to me and meet my lips whit his, giving me the desired kiss. Don’t know if his intentions were to leave it as a peck but I imediately cupped his cheeks to get a hold of him.
Our lips moved together in sink, neither of us trying to get his tongue anywhere. It was perfect like this. Eventually his hands came behind my neck pulling me near. I smiled at his action. Mu Bummie may seem insensitive sometimes but the truth is he loves skinship just as much as I. Maybe even more.
“Let’s go upstairs.” , leaving, with much aversion, his lips I whispered , “Allow ME to calm you down for once, not all this clay”. He wanted to protest at first but soon gave up. You can’t argue with the king, can you?!
I led him out of the basement and into out bathroom. We need to get ourself clean now ^^.

‘Tomorrow I will start my plan’ , was my last thought as I repeated the kiss.

 

 


Duh, finally the first chapter *Bazai, banzaaai!*. I don't know what took me so long, but let's just say, with very much embarrassment -.-, that I was lazy as hell :p
Well, the chapter doesn't have so much happening but I felt that firstly I should intruduce the atmosphere and characters. 

Please comment. I'd love to see what you think.

Thanks for reading ^^^