Plan B

How to propose?

“DON’T WANT TO”, Taemin shouted (in my ear) and hung up his phone.
That brat! He thinks that would work?!
It was a few days after the ruined proposal and I finally calmed down enough to call him and lay down my terms. If he doesn’t fulfill them … oh well, neither of us know what happens but a bet he won’t like it.
‘Trying to get away, huh?’, I frowned and dialed his number again, determinated to get what I need. After good 5 minutes he finally picked up.
“Temin, DARE hang up this phone and you will see me at your door!”, before he could do anything I spoke with low voice which indicated danger. I rarely used it because threatening people is not really my things but when it’s needed, it’s needed.
“I’m not doing it!”
“Oh, yes you are!”
“No!”
“Yes!”
“You can’t make me! You don’t own my will and it already said : NO.”
“Taemin …”, I tried to sound as threatening as I could, “You know you can’t win this.”
“Why don’t you get Key hyung to pick it himself ?!”, with desperation in his voice he cried out.
“Because I can get you to do it.”
“You can not!”
“Can!”
“Can not!”
“Can!”
“Can’t not!”
“Taemin!”
“NO! I finally got to know Him, you can’t take this afternoon from me!”, as usual I guess – he puts friendship before love only when it’s my love we are talking about.
“Are you stalking again?”, I scoffed. Poor man.
“No! I need to get something from the store…”
“The one he’s working in?”
“…yes…”, he sounded defeated. It was time for the victory dance.
“Meet me outside in two hours!”
“NO!”
“See you there!”, I singsonged to him before hanging up. Ok, at least now I’ll have a ring to propose.
Initially I was going to let Taemin off the hook (because I’m the good person, here), but seeing how he ruined everything I decided it was a good thing to make the best use of this situation. In my case : going with him in the jewelry’s.
Bummie was still sleeping in our room as I slipped into it to get my clothes. All his preparations had finally come to the end and now the only thing left for him was relaxing and waiting for two more weeks. Well, eventually they would call in the last minute that something went wrong as always but for now my lover had nothing to do. Except loving me, that is.
Finishing my coffee n the kitchen I grab the marker and scribbled on the little sticky note on the fridge:

‘I’m out with Taemin, be back soon. I’m thinking about you.
PS : You are SO cute sleeping! ^^
*Chu* ’


Wedding ring, I’m coming!’

*   *   *

 

--- Next day : 6.30 a.m. ---

“Bummie”, I set on the bed and called his name trying to wake him up. Usually I didn’t dare to but today was a special occasion : The start of plan B
As expected Kibum didn’t even shift from my voice.
“Bummie get up! Come one love”, I tried again caressing his shoulder, maybe my touch can help.
“Mmmm”, progress!
“Rise and shine beautiful.”
“Jong?”, I heard him murmur still not completely comprehending the world around him. Well, I least he talks!
“Yes it’s me”, I said smiling, “Now get up, we are going on vocation!”
“Wha …”, managing to get up a little he looked at me. Did it shocked him that much?
I could see his eyes still enabled to focus right. Aw, my Bummie is dazed!
I smiled widely and kissed him quickly on the pink lips.
“Let’s go!”
“But don’t you have work? It Thursday. What if …”, he started questioning like a wife. It was surprised even for me – how can he be spoiled child in one moment and nagging adult in the other. Talking about bipolar.
“Well, I’m down with a flu so I can’t possibly go working”, I explained him with a playful wink… , “Now get up before we are late!”, …and dragged him out of the bed, pushing him in the bathroom before he could ask
anything else or he ethics to take control.
“But I don’t want to go anywhere”, Key’s murmur came out, “I just wanted to lay down, lazing all day and …”
“You do this for tree days already!”
“Well …”
“Come on, you will like it!”, I tried persuading him, giving him my puppy-dog look when he came out if the bathroom.
“Mmmm”, he eyed me still not sure. Aish, how hard it is to get my lover do something!
“Bummie”, I hugged him, attaching my lips to his neck, “I promise it would be nice. And hot.”, whispering I kissed him, “Come on”.
I heard the sigh from him before hearing him speaking the wanted words:
“Ok!”

During the drive Kibum was talking most of the time. It was a habit of his – because he can’t stand staying in cars for a longtime he just talk away endlessly. I didn’t mind.
On the way I get to know about Taemin’s crush. Apparently his name was Onew, he was around thirty, single, a decent adult. I don’t know how they find out the last part from the little talk in a bar but I didn’t question anything. It’s better not knowing. 
“I think he likes Taemin, at least his looks. Good for him, he really seems in love this time.”, Kibum said smiling gently. I just ruffled his hair keeping my eyes on the road.
If I said their relationship didn’t annoyed me at times it would be a lie but I’m still glad they became friends. It was like my family accepted Kibum and he - my family. Maybe because I don’t really keep in touch with my real parents. A call on their birthday and a card on Christmas, that is. I don’t even know if they would come to the wedding latter. Kibum never met them.

The villa we were staying was magnificent. Guess the money payed for the room had it’s reason.
The whole building was pained in snow-white, with big french-windows indicating where the rooms were. The entrance stayed open as if it was welcoming us and I could see the people inside - walking, talking, making themselves busy. Around the house there was the biggest and the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. I think I even spotted a bunch of kids playing with a little cat there.
Everything was whispering calmness and happiness, a paradise far away from the city. And even if the weather was already cold I felt a warm feeling spread in me. This place was saying “Home”.
Gladly I wasn’t the only one amazed.
“Wow!”, Bummie stared at it with big, round eyes, taking in the facade. His face was glowing with excitement.
“Glad you liked it”, I hugged him from behind intending to have a little moment but he released himself, making his way towards it.
“Come one”, he said, “Let’s get inside.”

A pretty young girl lead us to our room. She opened the door with a smile, maybe because it was a couple room, and then with a small bow disappeared.
“It’s wonderful Jonghyun!”, Kibum looked at me smiling.
“Still worried about work?”, I and warped my hands around his slim waist getting closer.
“Mmm yes”, he answered honestly, “But whatever happens it’ll me worth all of this.”
We kissed for a little but he was still tired. Poor baby, all this talking didn’t let him sleep in the car, huh? He says he can’t sleep there though.
I tucked him in the covers and without making much noise left the room.

This place was really something! Not only the house could strike you speechless but the garden itself was peace of art.

Every possible surface was covered either with flowers or with fresh, green grass which urge you to lay on it and fall asleep. It was already autumn but the only reminder of it were the yellow and  brown leafs on the big trees around the fence. There were even birds singing happily in the tree’s crowns. The whole thing was finished with a small little café in the middle, looking like something that came out from a fairytale or at least from a magazine “How to make your home as beautiful as you dream it to be.”. I saw Bummie reading it a few times.
I totally wanted to come here with him when he wakes up. The proposal was planned for the night but that didn’t mean we can’t have romantic moments before it.
Thinking a little, maybe Taemin was right. Partly. Kibum didn’t need roses or romantic dinners. So I’m just going to ask him tonight in bed. But oh well, it couldn’t be simple, I needed something after all!
I imagined his reaction to the proposal. His happy smile and sparking eyes. He would kiss me passionately, telling me thank you’s and I love you’s all the time. I would hug him tight whispering how much I love him and how I would never hurt him…
“Jonghyun?”, a voice behind me snapped me out of my thoughts. A voice I didn’t want to hear ever again.

 

 


At last! I was getting worried seeing how I couldn't write anything these days. I'm still waiting for the results from the university I want to study in and it's getting so irritating to the point where it caused me a writer block. Grrr

So this time it's up for a little drama. I gave the smallest hint in one of the previous chapters and I want to write out the idea. It won't get angsty I promise ^^^

Thank you so much for the comments so far. I really love comments, it's somehow shows me I'm doing a good job here. Or aren't I *pout*

So hope you liked it and comment please!

Thanks for reading.^^^