Fall in love tonight

How to propose?

I checked the time – quarter to seven. OK!
One last look around : rose petals scattered on the bed and the floor – check; lit up candles – check; oils and lube on the night-table – check; the roses are at the entrance so he can see them right away; I have the CD in my right hand; I took a shower …
Everything seems fine so I can leave the bedroom already.
Setting the music on in the living room I sad on the window frame waiting for Kibum to come home.
It was his place actually. Every time I get held up in work and don’t inform him I would see him sitting here, staring at the sidewalk with anxious eyes. It’s strange feeling when I see him like that – a mixture of guilt and happiness. The second makes me feel like a total failure as a boyfriend though.
As it was getting dark I was more and more impatient, hoping he want choose exactly this day to come home late. I even had called our friends to casually let them know tonight we would  be very busy so disturbing is is not a good idea. I did my best!
Just then I saw him and relief spread trough my body. This is until I saw how exactly did he appeared – he was getting out of Minho’s car. With Minho’s help! Grrr
‘This is not the time for that’, I started telling myself rapidly before he came in because otherwise I would turn out grumpy and ruin everything, ‘Forget it! Forgetitforgetitforgetitforgetitforg…’
The bell rung.
Taking a big breath I stood up.
That’s right, there’s no Minho tonight, just me, Kibum and our love. All tree of us like one small happy family!
“It’s open”, I shouted coming into the entrance hall, eying the door with my lover behind it and smiling at the thoughts about him.
“Didn’t I tell you to not leave it open at night? What if so…” , his nagging died out as he saw me. Surrounded by roses.
“Jong what…?”
“Welcome home, Bummie”, I just folded him in my arms, kissing his lips.
But probably still in shock he didn’t respond to the kiss. I pulled back, pouting to get some kind of reaction. He barely acknowledged even that. Seems it came totally unexpected to him … Cute! but still disappointing in a way
However, when he recovered he looked into my eyes with the most adorable smile you could ever see on a person and draw me near once again, putting his hands around my neck.
“I see you got really bored today without me, hm”, he teased still grinning.
My response was like usual – one more time I kissed him, this time a bit deeper. Translation : ‘You have no idea!’
“Bummie”, I half whispered, half whined in his ear, “Why did you leave me alone the whole day? Where did you learn to be so cruel?”
“Well…” , he began sweetly ready to soothe his puppy, “It’s not the whole day – we still have the night, don’t we? And besides without me going out how could you prepare all of this”
I chuckled at his response. He really knows how to handle my “romantic outbursts” by now. At first he kept the shocked expression till nearly the end of it.
“Come on” , I tugged him inside the living room, leaving (again) the door unlocked, “Let’s dance?”
His smile was on his face the whole time same with his hands pressing on my nape. Yeah, it was a little hard to walk
The only thing left is to start to move our bodies to the rhythm. A slow one.
My eyes never left his, letting myself drown in the velvet chocolate there almost hypnotizing me.
‘Is this the right time? Is everything perfect? Will he say Yes’ , the thoughts had flown from my head long ago, the only thing left is sensation of feeling him under my hands and the remote thought of the song playing. It was one of our favorites, the one I hoped could convey my feelings to him.
Not that he needed a song for that, my lover perfectly knows how much I love him, partly because I tell him everyday.
But I still wanted to demonstrate it. Again and again, till he’s sick of me which I hop would come never.
I leaned to him, my lips slightly brushing his ear. He shivered and I smiled at his reaction, fighting the wish to just lead him into the bedroom. ‘Keep it slow.’
As the song went on I started singing with it, whispering the words to him with as much love a I could express with my voice.

‘Because I have you, because I have tomorrow
because I can't live on all alone
I feel you so close by me, I guess that's love’


I felt his grip tighten, sign that he was holding back either his burst of anger or his tears. I hoped of course it to be the second one.


‘Because now I can embrace every word that you said
I'm sure that we'll come closer to each other
I guess that's love’


“Jong”, we said quietly, almost too quiet to be heard. In the same time my shirt started getting wet with his tears. He’s such a crybaby when it comes to moments like this – can’t hold in his emotions, he says. I don’t mind really, as long as the tears are of joy and love and not of sadness. I just let him cry, if it’s his way of showing emotions, let him be. It only makes him more precious like this.
The song had almost finished and I started slowly leading him to the bedroom still singing.

‘It isn't something that builds up in an instant
but a feeling that grows a little at a time,
the feeling called love’


“Bummie”, after that I whispered.
“Yes?”
“You know, you must know how much I love you, right? How much I need you in my life. Every look, every touch, every kiss, they are like air to breathe. You are the only one I want, the only one I will ever want! So please, I need you just to say this phrase. Say : I …”

BANG!

“What the…”, everything went down. We got out of the trance, me still can’t figure out what was happening.

BANG! BANG! BANG!

“Someone’s at the door”, Kibum said scared. Well can’t blame him – I was scared too.

BANG!

“Key hyung are you there?!”
“It’s Taemin!”, he exclaimed and move away from my embrace, running to the door.
“Taemin-ah what are you doing here?”, as it wasn’t locked he opened it with ease just to have a smaller frame crashed itself with him.
Taemin was crying uncontrollably.
With concerned expression Kibum was caressing his head, not bothering to say or ask anything. The boy was here to tell his story and get advise anyway. A big one if you judge from the crying.
“Come on baby”, he lead him inside, “Stop crying and tell me what’s going on.”

I watched the scene barely comprehending the happening.
The only thing I could come up now was ‘I would have to clean up the bedroom.’

 


Wow, I made it, I made it!
It's like 5 a.m. here and I'm near becoming a zombie, but still happy I could update.
Don't hate Taemin too much, it's not fun if things come easy for Jong and the boy really have his reasons :p

The song which lyrics I used is "Sore ga ia deshou" of the anime Full Metal Panic, only translated in english of course. However the melody of the song is much slower in the fanfic, or at least I imagine it to be *shrug*. Love the lyrics too much to gave up the song just because of the rythm ^^^

Comment, comment, don't let my sleepless night go to nothing *puppy dogs eyes*

Thanks for the comments and the subscribes so far.

Thank you for reading ^^^