Come and Go

Vault

Title: Come and Go

 

Genre: Angst

 

Pairing: JongLo (Slightly Junhong-centric as well.)

 

A/N: Oh dear, I wonder what’s with all of this angst lately. I’m pretty surprised.

 


 

A breath. An exhale. Footsteps pacing slowly. Trees and leaves rustle as he passes. Winds blow, whispering a grim song. A light pitter patter of rain begins to drizzle, as he retreats into the safety that is known as his hood. It’s that time of year again, where everything begins to wither and die. Animals take on a form of hibernation, and everything slowly comes to a stop for a silent while.

 

And with that path Choi Junhong likes to stop for a bit too.

 

His footsteps pause when he passes through a thick maze of bushes and vines and approaches a small clearing. The remains of a large decrepit oak tree replace the center of the area, out of life and crippled with its rotting branches. An scattered black crow lets out a caw, beady red eyes glaring at the intruding figure. Junhong takes no mind to it though.

 

Hands in comfy pockets and a monotonous line drawn as a mouth, Junhong slowly approaches the ancient tree, eyes glancing off occasionally as he lets out a shaky breath. Eyes now closed and standing right in  front of the wood, the figure lifts a hesitant hand to the bark, the covered fingers lightly tracing over it. The hand comes to a halt when Junhong comes across a scratched distinct design of what was supposed to be a heart. Carved in the middle of the shape were two initials standing what used to be proudly next to each other.

 

MJ + CJ.

 

Junhong’s hand brushes against the “M”, as if in deep concentration. A simple letter to a passerbyer, yet to the figure meant so much more. He shook his head,  quickly pulling his hand away from the engraving. He thought he was already over this, pass the hard and disturbing times, but his mind refused to let go. His eyes cautiously dared to move to the space next to him, where a smooth polished rock laid, planted into the soil. They darted back, now staring at the grey cloudy sky.

 

On the tombstone, a delicate engraving read,

 

In this grave lies the soul of Moon Jongup, an angel we will always love and cherish. Rest in peace, love, and forever have a wonderful afterlife.”


Winter. A time when beings leave the earth for a little while, a time to escape from reality and enjoy the silence. A time when summer becomes nothing but a dream waiting for reality. And as everything winds down to a slow soft slumber, Choi Junhong decides for once to walk for a bit more.