Awake

Vault

Title: Awake

Genre: Angst

Pairing: Daehyun-centric (Slight!BangDae)

A/N: I was actually thinking and writing this in my head at night time. I'd figured I go for a DaeJae but then something happened and yeah lol.

 


 

Luminescent moonlight drifts onto Daehyun’s bed, as a light breeze of cool evening air follows soon after. Trees sway in the shadows of the night, as the faint tune of honking vehicles comes to a mere whisper. Tonight is one of those calming nights, where Daehyun can actually afford to get an extra hour or two of staying up, before the sun signals for another day of rehearsals and sweat again.

 

Daehyun’s legs are crossed together lazily, as he stares out at evening Seoul through a small fraction of the window. Moments like these are rare to find, so Daehyun makes the most of it. A large blue grey pillow sits across his lap as his hands lay limp on it. Next to his baby blue cot laid a small glass of milk, along with a half eaten bar of chocolate.

 

He isn’t idle though. Daehyun switches his position from sitting to lying down, the pillow now tossed aside. Staring at the blank white ceiling, he began to reminiscence about his old days; the days before B.A.P debuted, the days when he wouldn’t have to stare at himself powdered on with eyeliner and foundation, the days when he didn’t have to worry about fans invading his home, the days-

 

-the days when he was just a normal person.

 

He sighed. A free hand ran through his already tousled locks of mocha hair. As much as he didn’t want to believe it, he couldn’t do that anymore, unless a face mask and a hoodie came along with it. A wave of nostalgia washed over him as memories from his childhood began to flood his mind. Tiny droplets of water began to prick at the corners of his eyes as he laid still on his bed. Another sigh escaped his mouth.

 

A light tap at the door and the sound of a doorknob turning was enough for Daehyun manage to turn his head in the direction of his bedroom door. A dark figure appeared behind the door.

 

“Anything wrong Daehyun-ah?”

 

Yongguk slowly approached Daehyun, slight worry glinted in his eyes. Daehyun rolled over to his hyung and propped himself up unhurriedly. “It’s nothing, hyung,” Daehyun mumbled tiredly.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah...”

 

Yongguk pursed his lips together. “Well it’s of any help to you, would you like me to lie next to you?” the leader spoke hesitantly, eyes averting away from the younger’s face. Daehyun gave a small nod.

 

The older reluctantly climbed into bed while Daehyun began to acquire more space for them, rearranging the pillows and blankets. Despite being living with each other and the rest of their bandmates for around a year now, Daehyun and Yongguk still had a hovering atmosphere of awkwardness when alone.

 

Even though he was the leader, Yongguk had difficulties when it came to comforting his fellow friends. Coped with taking care of himself when living with his grandpa, it was certainly a change when he was on the giving end instead of being by himself.

 

Yongguk could only imagine one thing that could bring comfort to the younger, and awkwardly enveloped Daehyun in what could only be an attempt at comforting the vocalist. Daehyun stiffened in his hold at the sudden affection, but then gradually began to relax in the older’s arms.


The rest of the night was filled with soft breaths and closed eyes.