Bakery

Vault

Title: Bakery

Genre: Fluff

Words: 471

Pairing: DaeJong

A/N: I haven't written something fluffy in a very long while, and for some reason it was really hard. = w = But here you go.


 

“Jonguppie! Let’s go outside today,” A 7 year old Daehyun exclaims excitedly, already preparing to swing on an oversized light grey sweater and a black beanie. Jongup sticks his head out his bedroom door, the now playing game long forgotten.

 

“Are you sure?” Jongup asks, afraid that he’ll get in trouble with his mom without permission. The older boy nods confidently.

 

“Ok then!” The younger boy runs out the room, only to trip over a train his baby brother Junhong left out and do a faceplant onto the carpet floor. Fortunately, he was fine, although Daehyun had an expression of wary concern on his face.

 

After remembering to lock the door, the two set out down the small street of their town. Today was a bit on the chilly side, light grey clouds blocking the sun’s view. Colder than usual breezes brushed past nearby pedestrians, while leaves scratched the ice cold cement ground. However that did not stop the pair from anything, really.

 

Daehyun’s face was pressed up against the thick glass window, mouth gaped with amazement. His eyes twinkled brightly as Jongup followed them to where an assortment of bakery goods laid. Cheesecakes of every flavor were displayed luxuriously across the window while chocolate fudge cookies were placed neatly into tiny baskets, and Jongup couldn’t help, but drool himself too.

 

The boy then turned his head around slowly, pulling some puppy eyes on the younger. “Uppie, can you buy some for me~?” He asked, attempting to form some aegyo on him. Jongup, being born and raised in a family where kindness was important, nodded his head cheerfully.

 

A warm hand firmly gripped his own as Daehyun immediately made a dash into the bakery, Jongup dragging along behind him. The couple were met with a warm aroma of freshly baked cinnamon buns, along with a welcoming smiling from the owner, signaling them that they were free to roam the shop.

 

The older of the two skipped over to the cheesecake section, squealing over all the cakes. The younger merely and nodded occasionally as Daehyun gave a speech on which flavors were the best, emphasizing on his favorites.

 

After several minutes on contemplating and discussing which ones to choose, Daehyun decided on a slice of raspberry and chocolate cheesecake, topped off with a caramel drizzle. Daehyun longingly gazed at the dessert as Jongup went to go ask for it.

 

“And that’ll be $2.50 son,” the owner said as he gently placed the cheesecake into the box. Jongup stared at the man’s tag, the name “Baekhyun” carved onto it, and made a note to visit the bakery more often.


Pulling out the money, Baekhyun smiled politely and handed the box to Jongup, who gladly took it and gave it to Daehyun. The pair of boys waved goodbye, and headed out the store onto home.