Part X - Epilogue

Phone Calls

A/N: Well, finally! LOL I'm sorry for the long wait but I was too busy playing Clash of Clans to get any writing done. But here it is! The very long epilogue. Enjoy!


 

“Hi!” She waved at the screen.

Tiffany waved back. “Hi. How was your day?”

She groaned. “Bad!”

Tiffany frowned and grew worried. “How come? Did something bad happen?”

“Yes.” She sighed. “I didn’t get to talk to you all day.” She then pouted.

Tiffany laughed from the other side. “That’s so cheesy, Taeyeon-ah.”

“So you didn’t miss me? Not even a little bit?”

“Of course, I did! I miss you everyday!”

She smiled a little bit then sighed. “I’m sorry I’ve been busy. We couldn’t even talk that much anymore.”

“We still Skype every night though.”

“Yeah, but I tend to fall asleep most of the time.”

“I don’t mind watching you sleep.”

“Creepy.”

“Shut up.”

They both grinned. It had been close to six months since they got together and almost six months since that trip Taeyeon took to Seoul. Needless to say, they both have been missing each other a lot but couldn’t visit each other because of school.

Taeyeon was only weeks away from graduating university and her professors were unrelenting in giving her class as much work as possible before their final examinations.

More often than not, she would come home tired and sleepy, which resulted to her snoozing while on Skype with Tiffany. They would send text messages to each other everyday, but there were times when she could only reply hours after due to her busy schedule.

And although Tiffany wanted nothing more but to talk to Taeyeon until the wee hours of the morning and exchange text messages every single minute of everyday, she understood her girlfriend. Her graduation was about a month away, but unlike Taeyeon, her professors became more merciful toward their students as graduation drew nearer.

Taeyeon stifled a yawn, but Tiffany saw it. “You’re tired. You should sleep.”

“But I wanna talk to you more!” Taeyeon whined.

Tiffany found the whining cute, but she couldn’t help but roll her eyes. “Resting is more important, Taeyeon-ah. I want to talk to you more too, but you clearly need to sleep.”

Taeyeon sighed. “I wish I could just sleep beside you again like that night.”

Tiffany blushed as she remembered Taeyeon’s last night in Seoul. Her parents offered to take her girlfriend to the train station the next day and didn’t give her a chance to say no. They even let her sleep over their house that night.

Because they had no guest room, Tiffany had to let Taeyeon sleep in her room; on her bed; right beside her – not that she was complaining. The feeling of sleeping and waking up beside Taeyeon was something she wanted to experience again too – but she wasn’t going to let Taeyeon know that.

She coughed. “Go sleep.”

Taeyeon sighed again. “Alright, alright. I’ll sleep. But only because you told me to!”

“You need it!”

“But I’ll be fine! My class won’t start until 10:30 tomorrow so I can sleep in!”

“Don’t argue, Taeyeon-ah! Your eye bags are practically screaming at me to tell you to sleep. So sleep!”

“Fine, fine, fine.” Taeyeon sulked. “I’ll sleep now. But promise me we’ll Skype again tomorrow, okay?”

Tiffany smiled. “Of course.”

“God, I love your smile,” Taeyeon muttered.

“Thank you.”

“And I love you.”

Tiffany’s smile grew bigger. “I love you too. Now, go sleep!”

-

Don’t forget to have lunch, Tae. I miss you. Love you.

She read the text message she sent three hours ago that was left unanswered. She sighed and put down her phone.

With only a few days before Taeyeon’s graduation, Tiffany found it hard to get a hold of her girlfriend. Their daily Skype talks were reduced to a call once a week because Taeyeon was running around fixing everything she needed for the big day.

She looked up when someone knocked on her door. “Come in,” she said.

Her father walked in her room and smiled at her. “Hey, is your dress ready for tomorrow?”

She nodded. “Yeah, dad.”

“Good.” He took a seat on her bed and looked at her. “Have you thought about what I told you yet?”

She frowned and shook her head. “I don’t want to go, dad.”

“But why?”

“I just don’t.” A few days ago, her father asked her if she wanted to go on a short vacation right after her graduation and she immediately answered no. Her father wanted their small family to go to Europe for two weeks and enjoy the country.

She frowned at that idea. It was already so difficult to talk to Taeyeon when they were living in one country, what more when they were in different continents? And with a huge time difference too. No, she didn’t want that.

“But you need the vacation. I know school has been very stressful, so I thought this little getaway could help you get some well-deserved rest.”

“I’ll rest here.”

Her father sighed. “Fine. Suit yourself.” He stood up and walked towards the door. “By the way, when is Taeyeon’s graduation?”

“It’s on Sunday, dad.”

“Oh okay.” And with that, he walked out of her room and closed the door.

-

“How do I look?”

Taeyeon grinned. “Perfect like always.”

She blushed. “You’re just saying that because I’m your girlfriend.”

“Well, there’s that.” Taeyeon laughed when Tiffany threw her a glare. “But there’s also the fact that you are perfect.”

“Shut up.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “You’re blushing really hard right now, Miyoung-ah. What I would give to pinch your cheeks.”

Tiffany’s eyes turned mellow. “I miss you.”

“I miss you too. Don’t worry, I’m sure we’ll see each other soon. In the mean time, we still have Skype.”

“Yeah.” They talked some more before Tiffany’s mother knocked on her door and told her that they were leaving.

“I have to go, Tae.”

“I know. Take care, okay? I’m sorry I can’t be there on your graduation, but know that I’m very, very proud of you.”

“It’s okay. Thank you. I love you.”

“I love you too. Call me back after the ceremony?”

“Of course. Bye.” She waved at the small screen before ending the call. She grabbed her purse from the top of the bed then went out of her room.

-

She heard a knock on her door but didn’t want to part from her bed just yet. She and Taeyeon talked ‘til late last night, talking about everything and nothing. It had been quite a while since they last did that so she didn’t mind sleeping minutes before the sun rose.

“Tiffany,” she heard her mother’s voice say from the other side of the door.

“Mmmwhat.” She mumbled.

“Wake up.”

“Why.”

“Your dad and I need to talk to you.”

“About.”

“Wake up and go to the living room so you’d find out.”

“Aish.“ She sat up and ruffled her hair. Why was her mother being all cryptic so early in the morning? She looked at her phone and saw the time. It was almost noon. “Oh.”

She sighed and got out of bed after sending Taeyeon a text message saying that she just woke up. She went to the bathroom to wash up and changed her clothes before going to the living room where she found her parents sitting beside each other on the couch.

She sat on armchair opposite the couch. “What’s up?”

“Are you really sure you don’t want to take that trip?”

She sighed. “No, dad. Europe’s too far.”

“But what if I told you it’s not going to be in Europe?”

“Still no.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes.”

“Really, really sure?” Her mother asked this time.

“100% sure.”

“Oh dear,” Mrs. Hwang faced her husband. “What are we going to do with this ticket to Jeonju then?” She pulled out a ticket from her pocket

Mr. Hwang shrugged. “Maybe we should just throw it away or give it to someone else that might want to go to Jeonju this weekend.”

“W-what?” She thought she heard wrong.

“Oh well.” Her mother stood up, ignoring her, and moved to go to the kitchen to throw out the ticket.

“WAIT!” She shouted and walked up to her mother to grab the piece of paper from her hand. She read the details over and over again before gasping. “Jeonju?!”

Her parents nodded and that was all it took for her to jump into her parent’s embrace. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”

“You’re welcome, dear. We know how much you miss Taeyeon, and you’ll be there just in time for her graduation.”

She grinned then pecked their cheeks. She looked at the ticket again before frowning. “But what about Europe? I thought the two of you wanted to go there?”

“We do. And we still are.”

“Huh?”

“Your mom and I are still going to Europe, while you’re going to Jeonju.” Mr. Hwang smiled. “It’s no use bringing you to Europe to rest and have a vacation when you’d be too busy trying to find an internet connection to contact your girlfriend.”

She laughed. “Thank you, dad, mom, really.” She hugged them again.

Her father chuckled. “If we knew you’d be this happy to go to Taeyeon’s hometown, we would’ve shipped you there a week after Taeyeon left!” Her parents laughed together.

“What? Why?”

“Did you see yourself? You were a walking wreck after Taeyeon left!” Her mother laughed. “It was like the end of the world. I’m just happy you eventually got over it, although not by much.”

Tiffany rolled her eyes playfully. “You’re such bullies.” She then smiled. “But I love you.”

-

“Taeyeonnie!” She shouted at the top of her lungs, ignoring the weird looks she got from the people around her. She squeezed through the crowd and made her way to where Taeyeon was.

The look on Taeyeon’s face made her grin. It was a mixture of shock, confusion and joy. She hugged her short girlfriend tight.

“Y-you’re here!”

She smiled against Taeyeon’s shoulder. “I am.”

Taeyeon pulled away from the hug. “What… How did you get here?”

Tiffany chuckled. “Let’s just say that my parents are awesome!”

Taeyeon laughed along before pulling her for another tight hug. They stood there in each other’s arms for a while before someone coughed from behind Tiffany. They broke the hug, and in an instant, Tiffany’s cheeks turned red. Right in front of her now was Taeyeon’s family.

“Ah, it’s Tiffany. No wonder you looked familiar when I saw you running past us.”

“And no wonder your voice sounded familiar when you were shouting Taeyeon’s name earlier.”

She blushed harder. She forgot that this was a graduation, which meant Taeyeon’s family was also there. She stiffly bowed. “G-good afternoon, Mr. and Mrs. Kim.” She also bowed towards Taeyeon’s brother and sister. Although she has met most of Taeyeon’s family on Skype, it was different finally meeting them in person.

“I’m so happy you’re here, unnie!” Taeyeon’s little sister said. “Now, I don’t have to see a cranky Taeyeon unnie around the house anymore.”

Everyone laughed at that except Taeyeon, who was now blushing hard. She coughed and tried to draw attention away from her as she asked, “Where’s Soonkyu?”

“Over there by the stage with your aunt and uncle. They’re still taking pictures,” Mr. Kim said. “I think we should get our pictures taken quick then go to the restaurant first.”

“You’ll come with us right?” Taeyeon whispered as they followed behind her family.

“If you want me too.”

“Of course, I do.”

Tiffany smiled and reached out to hold Taeyeon’s hand. “Then I will.”

Taeyeon kissed her cheek. “Good.”

-

“So, Tiffany, where are you staying?” Sunny asked as they settled inside the cozy restaurant after the ceremony.

“Oh… my parents booked a room for me at a hotel nearby.” She answered. “I already checked in before going to the university earlier.”

“What? Ridiculous.” Taeyeon’s mother interrupted. “Why would need to stay at a hotel when you can stay with us?” She shook her head. “I’d prefer it if you stay at our home, Tiffany.”

“Oh, I don’t want to be a bother, Auntie,” Tiffany said. “I’m okay with staying at the hotel.”

“But you’re going to be at our place or anywhere with Taeyeon while you’re here so wouldn’t it be better if you just stay with us?” Taeyeon’s father countered.

“But I–”

“Yeah, and you’re Taengoo’s girlfriend, after all,” Taeyeon’s brother said. “Practically family. You should definitely stay with us.”

She almost teared as she saw Taeyeon’s family nodding at what he said. He said it so casually, like it was obvious to everyone but her. She felt a hand on hers and turned her head to see Taeyeon smiling at her.

Sunny saw the smile and said, “And I’m sure Taeyeon wouldn’t want it any other way.”

Taeyeon nodded, agreeing with what her cousin said. “Stay with us, okay?”

She smiled. “Okay.”

“Good,” Mr. Kim said, “Now, eat. We still have to drive by the hotel to get Tiffany’s things before going home.”

-

They were cuddling on Taeyeon’s bed after a full afternoon with Taeyeon’s family. Taeyeon’s house had a guest room but Tiffany’s parents decided that it would be best for the lovers to stay in one room, seeing how much they missed each other. The red cheeks didn’t go unnoticed but the Kims chose to ignore it for now. It was enough teasing for the day.

“Oh yeah, I forgot something.” She got off the bed and rummaged her bag. She took out a small box and handed it to Taeyeon who was now sitting up on the bed. “Here. For you.”

“Ooooh! Is it an Xbox?” She shook the box and laughed as Tiffany pushed her by the shoulder. “I’m just kidding.”

“Open it.”

Taeyeon did and what was inside the box was a beautiful necklace that had Tiffany’s name on it. “Huh? Shouldn’t this be yours?”

“Nope. This one’s mine.” She pulled the collar of her shirt down and showed Taeyeon her necklace that had her girlfriend’s name on it. She blushed and cleared as she looked away from Taeyeon’s teasing eyes.

“Cheesy. Very cheesy.” Taeyeon chuckled. “But I love it and I would wear it proudly.” She took the jewelry out of the box and wore it. “There. Nice.” She moved closer to Tiffany and kissed the pink cheek. “I love it. Thank you.”

“No problem. Congratulations.” She pecked Taeyeon’s lips and smiled. They settled on Taeyeon’s bed, right in each other’s arms.

“You know, you still can’t believe you’re here,” Taeyeon voiced out after a while.

“Why? You don’t want me here?” She pouted.

“I never said that.” Taeyeon leaned forward and kissed her on the lips. “I’m happy that you’re here.” She kissed her again. “Really happy.”

“Good. Because you’re stuck with me for the next two weeks.”

Taeyeon grinned. “I’m not complaining.” She hugged her girlfriend. “I really missed you, Fany.”

“I missed you too. I really missed hugging you like this.” She sighed. “I hate the distance.”

“Yeah, me too, but doesn’t the distance make every waking moment together more worthwhile?” Taeyeon asked as she broke the hug and looked at Tiffany in the eyes.

Tiffany smiled. “It does, doesn’t it?”

Taeyeon smiled back. “I’m so glad I decided to answer that call from an unknown number months ago. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have met you.”

“And I’m so glad I was a troubled kid back then too, otherwise I wouldn’t have picked up my phone and called a random number.”

Taeyeon frowned.

“What? What’s with the frown?” Tiffany kissed Taeyeon’s nose.

“If we ever fight in the future, please don’t call a random number.”

Tiffany laughed. “What? Afraid that I would fall in love with the person on the other line?”

“Yes,” Taeyeon said, her frown was still there.

“That’s highly unlikely.”

“It happened once,” Taeyeon insisted. “It could happen again.”

“Okay, okay. I promise I won’t call a random number when we fight, okay?” Tiffany chuckled when Taeyeon’s frown slowly disappeared. “I’ll probably just call your mom or Sunny and tell on you.”

She shivered. “Scary. But I guess that’s better than calling a stranger.”

“Now that that’s settled, can we sleep now? The train ride was tiring.”

It was Taeyeon’s turn to laugh. “Okay. You need the rest anyway, since we’re meeting the rest of the family tomorrow.”

Tiffany groaned. “Do I really have to? I could barely eat at the restaurant earlier because I was so nervous!”

“But they liked you right away, didn’t they? Even Sunny’s parents. Hayeon even threw a fit when we told her that you would be sleeping with me and not her.” Taeyeon paused. “Hmm… I think I might have a competition. And with my 10-year old sister too.”

Tiffany chuckled and kissed her on the lips. “No competition there.  I like Hayeon but I love her big sister.”

Taeyeon smiled. “That’s good to hear. I love you too.” She kissed Tiffany back. “Now go sleep. We still have to wake up early tomorrow.”

“Okay. Hug me to sleep?”

“Of course.”

“Good night.”

“Good night.”

 

-END-


Thank you thank you for sticking by me through bad chapters and even worse writing lol I'm really thankful for each and every subscriber, comment, silent reader, etc. Just... thank you. :) PDF will be up some time next week :)