Friendship First

Breaking Boundaries

 

Author's Note: Short update but a sweet depiction of friendship. xD

---------------------------------------------

 

Minho’s POV

 

I was thrilled when Vic noona told me that Amber would join us at the Busan festival. I really wanted my bestfriend to bond with Krystal and her friends. But what was that dinosaur doing for the past two days without me? Studying? That’s the last thing Amber would do. Maybe her roommate knew the answer. I sent Yuri a message asking where Amber is and she replied immediately.

 

From Yuri:

Don’t know. Maybe with her beautiful girlfriend.

 

I was surprised with Yuri’s reply. Amber’s got a girlfriend? Without telling me, her bestfriend?

 

To Yuri:

Haha. As if she really has one. Seriously, Yul. Sung Jin people wanted to see her.

 

From Yuri:

I don’t know where exactly she is. And I’m not kidding she really has a girlfriend.

 

I was shocked when I saw the picture attached to Yuri’s message. It was my bestfriend sleeping with a pretty blond girl in her arms. I was happy that she finally moved on from that b*tch Ji Won but felt bitter at the same time when the thought that Amber didn’t trust me crossed my mind. I called my bestfriend to meet up at a bar; she almost rejected my invitation but when she caught on my seriousness, she finally agreed. You dino! How come you didn’t tell me? What are bestfriends for? You’re dead, Amber Liu!

 

Amber’s POV

 

I arrived at XYZ Bar twenty minutes after Minho called me and saw him sitting on a stool in front of the bar counter. He was drinking his bottle of beer like there’s no tomorrow. I felt nervous as I walked to where he was. What if he found out that I asked for Krystal’s number? What if he sensed that I have a crush on Krystal? Then our friendship would be over. Explain him everything, Amber Liu.

 

“What’s up?” I said as I sat on the stool beside him. “A bottle of Hite please,” I told the bartender.

 

“You owe me a lot of explanation, Am,” he said in a cold voice making me even more anxious.

 

“Sorry, bro. But I don’t understand?” I pretended like I didn’t know anything and prepared myself just in case Minho punches my face.

 

“I thought we’re bestfriends, Am.”

 

I knew it. He really found out that Krystal and I were together this afternoon. “Dude, I’m sorry for not telling you. I really didn’t mean to—“

 

“We promised to introduce to each other our girlfriends, right? You even met Krystal even she’s not my girlfriend yet. But how come you never told me that you’re dating someone? And I just found out about it when you already slept with her?”

 

I wrinkled my eyebrows at what Minho said. “What are you talking about? Slept with whom? Yah, Choi Minho. Stop talking nonsense.” What is this guy saying anyway? But I felt like a thorn was removed from my heart when Minho didn’t bring up Krystal.

 

“Am I really your bestfriend, Amber? How can you lie in front of me?”

 

“When did my guy bestfriend started to sound like a jealous girlfriend?” I .

 

Minho pulled out his phone and showed me a picture.

 

HOLY !

 

 I blinked my eyes for so many times but the picture on Minho’s phone was really Jessica-shi and me, sleeping in each other’s arms. “Where the hell did you get that?!” I smell some ert Kwon Yuri. Aish. That girl’s really annoying! >.<

 

“Now, tell me everything about that girl. I want to meet her soon,” Minho said.

 

“Dude, she’s not my girlfriend. She’s my boss,” I told him after a deep sigh. I would really double kill Kwon Yuri as soon as I got home!

 

“Then how come you’re hugging each other at sleep? Amber, what kind of work are you really up to lately? Don’t tell me you use your body to—“

 

“HELL NO!”

 

I started telling everything to Minho from my Busan trip money issue up to the reason why Jessica-shi and I ended up sleeping in my room. “Got it? You misunderstood everything, bro.”

 

Minho laughed at his stupidity. “But Amber, your boss is pretty. Why don’t you date her?”

 

“Yes, she’s attractive. But I don’t want to take advantage of being her thesis assistant and hit on her,” I told him.  And besides there’s someone I really like right now.

 

I drank only a few bottles because I had morning classes but Minho just kept drinking until he got drunk. He looked like he had a problem. I was about to ask him about it when he spoke first.

 

“Amber,” he said in gibberish voice. “Help me make Krystal your sister-in-law.”

 

My chest tightened when he said that.

 

“I, Choi Minho, love Krystal Jung. I really really really really love that girl.”

 

 How can he say that so easily? I envied Minho’s openness about his feelings. He really deserves to be loved in return by Krystal. There’s no way you could match up with him, Amber. Krystal deserves a guy like him too. So shut your heart and just help your bestfriend win Krystal’s heart!

 

“I’ll help you out, bro.”