Girl Friend?

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: Krystal and Amber were spending more time together at Busan when they bumped into Krystal's rival.

-------------------------------------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Love? I only felt it with Amber who never failed to make me happy in her own little ways. Every second I spend with this dork makes me feel alive. How can I not love this llama? She’s handsome, kind, thoughtful, sweet, cute and smart but the most important thing is, she showed me how great it is to love and be loved in return. Her sweet little gestures never failed to delight my heart. One great example is this set up of going to Busan together. I’m really lucky to have this dork. :”>

 

“I love you, baby,” I told Amber out of the blue. I won’t get tired of telling her those three words.

 

“I love you too,” she replied with a smile before holding my hand and planting a kiss on it. “Take a nap, Krys. We’re still approximately three hours away from Busan,” Amber told me and gently squeezed my hand. My eyes were drooping actually but I didn’t want to sleep at a moment like this with Amber. However, my mind subjected to my body’s desire and I fell into slumber.

 

I didn’t know how long my sleep was but when I woke up, Amber was still holding my hand while driving. My llama didn’t let go of my hand. :”> “Amber,” I called her to let her know I was awake.

 

“Hey, babe. How’s your sleep?” she told me as looked at me with her loving eyes.

 

“No kiss for your princess who just woke up?”

 

“Uhmm. I actually stole several kisses while you were sleeping,” the llama confessed while showing a pink shade of her face. So cute.

 

“I don’t care how many kisses you stole since you stole my heart too,” I confessed, making her face redder as I felt my face getting warm too. “Where are we now?” I asked. The peaceful scenery of the beach outside was evidence that we’re almost near our destination.

 

“Almost there, babe.”

 

After a few more minutes, we reached the beautiful city of Busan which is the second largest city in Korea next to Seoul of course. I could see the serene blue green sea from the car window which Busan was known for. The atmosphere here was very relaxing, creating a perfect ambiance for me and Amber as we spend some time together. Shall we just ditch our friends at the festival tonight? :))

 

“Amber, can I go with you to the seminar?” I asked her when I thought of where she would leave me while she’s on seminar. I don’t want to go anywhere without Amber!

 

“Of course, that’s part of the plan,” the dork replied, making me surprise again. “But I’m afraid you’ll just get bored,” Amber said with her pouted lips.

 

“I won’t get bored as long as I’m with you, dork,” I assured her with a smile.

 

We reached Busan National University at around 12 noon. Amber and I decided to grab some lunch first at the famous Super Cooks restaurant in front of the university. We ordered chop steaks, yang yeum chicken salad and white cream pasta which reminded me of my first romantic lunch date with this llama.

After lunch, we headed to the auditorium where the seminar, attended by students from different Asian universities, was held. There were many good-looking girls around that kept staring at Amber that I just got busy glaring at them while my llama was busy listening to the speakers. Aish. Why is this llama so dense? Drive away those girls, you idiot! >.<

 

“Are you okay, Krys?” Amber asked me all of a sudden.

 

Since I didn’t want to bother her, I just smiled and nodded in return. But the moment Amber turned her attention back to the speakers; I went back throwing my death glares at those girls.

This llama is mine, you b*tches! Stop looking at her or I’ll pull your eyeballs out! >.<

 

“Let’s go, baby,” I told Amber and held her hand as soon as the seminar ended.

 

“Why are you in such a hurry, Krys?” she asked me as I dragged her out of the convention hall.

 

“We’ll be late for the festival,” I lied. You’re not safe here, Amber.

 

We walked past the crowd until we reached the car park until someone called her name.

 

“Amber?”

 

We both turned towards the direction of the unfamiliar voice. It belonged to a girl with sophisticated looks which would make any girl insecure. I saw Amber’s surprised face when she saw the girl but I was more surprised when she suddenly withdrew her hand from mine.

 

“J-Ji Won-shi?”

 

Amber’s POV

 

Krystal patiently waited for me until the four-hour seminar finished. I was aware how she exchanged glares with those girls who were looking towards us during the colloquium. And maybe they’re the reason why Krystal dragged me out of the hall too right after. Aigoo. My princess looks cute when she’s jealous. Haha! We reached the car park and were about to leave when someone called my name. The voice was too familiar that my heart easily recognized who the owner was.

 

“J-Ji Won-shi?”

 

Kim Ji Won was the last person I expected to see right now but after seeing her beautiful face once again after two years sent contentment to my heart. I couldn’t believe that the girl I once loved and broke my innocent heart was smiling in front of me in the most unexpected place.

 

“Amber!” I was surprised when she came running and threw her arms around me. Krystal looked at us with a furious look, making me realize that I unconsciously let go of her hand. “I-I’m sorry,” Ji Won shyly said after pulling off from our hug. “And who’s this, Amber?”

 

Ji Won looked at Krystal intently from head to toe but I was confident that she would find Krystal beautiful too. “Oh, this is Krystal Jung. My f-friend.”

I facepalmed myself when Krystal looked at me with her soul-piercing glares like she didn’t like what I said. Well, I was afraid that she would think that I was too assuming if introduce her as my girlfriend when actually she’s not my girlfriend yet. But our relationship was really not just friends either.

 

“Hello, I’m Kim Ji Won. Nice to meet you, Krystal-shi.”

 

“Nice to meet you too, Ji Won-shi.”

 

I really wanted to talk about some stuffs with Ji Won but when I saw how pissed Krystal was, I decided to postpone our how-are-you’s next time. “Uhmm. I think we should go first.”

 

“You’re going home to Seoul already?” Ji Won asked with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Not yet but we’re going to the festival with our friends. See you next time,” I replied and opened the passenger seat for Krystal who’s giving me death glares right now. I knew she was upset when she slammed the car door at me.

 

“Take care,” Ji Won said with a sweet smile and I just nodded before I sat on the driver’s seat.

 

Krystal was giving me cold treatment as we drove our way to Haeundae for the festival. She was not uttering a single word that it bothered me a lot.

 

“Krys, are you okay?” I asked her but she didn’t reply and remained silent until we reached the populous Haeundae beach. Krystal got off first and left me alone in the car. Oh no, please don’t get mad at me, Krys. -.-

 

I followed her until we reached the part of the seaside where there are no people.

 

“I’m sorry, babe,” I whispered to her ear as I hugged her from behind. The sun was setting in front of us, creating a romantic ambiance for Krystal and me.

 

“Why are you saying sorry?” she scowled without pulling off from my hug.

 

“I don’t know. Because I did something wrong, I guess?” I replied as I rested my chin on her shoulder. Krystal held my face but instead of caressing my cheek, she pinched them instead.

 

“Stupid! You’re saying sorry when you don’t even know why I’m mad?” Krystal said. I was actually aware why she’s acting like that, she’s jealous of Ji Won of course.

 

“I love you, Krystal,” I just told her instead and kiss her cheek. Maybe showing more affection would cool my princess’s head. We just stayed in that position for quite a while until the sun fully set. The sea breeze was so cold that I tightened my arms around Krystal.

 

“Why did you tell that Ji Won that I’m just your friend? Am I really just a friend, Amber?” Krystal opened up. I knew it, Krystal was mad because of what I said to Ji Won.

 

Since she opened it up, I decided to pop up the question at this rightful moment. I pulled the necklace from my pocket and wore it around Krystal’s neck and it fitted perfectly. Maybe Krystal was surprised that she turned around to face me with those questioning eyes. My heart fluttered as I looked lovingly at her beautiful face under the moonlight.

 

“I love you, Krystal. Those words may be simple but what I feel for you is far beyond what human mind can imagine.” I told her sincerely as I gently caressed her warm cheeks. “Though you’re hard-headed, stubborn, cranky, easily jealous and throw death glares at me all the time, my heart will always beat for you, babe. I love you for more than beyond a reason why. You broke my heart twice but it just keeps beating the same. Let me be greedy so I won’t lose you anymore, Krys.”

 

“A-amber,” she uttered. Tears started to roll down Krystal’s cheeks as she looked at me adoringly.

 

“Will you be my girlfriend, Krystal Jung?”

 

Please say yes, Krystal. *fingers crossed*

 

Krystal captured my lips instead and we shared one passionate kiss under the music festival opening fireworks. She pulled first and looked at me with her loving eyes.

 

“I love you too, Amber. And the answer is YES!”