Vic's Set Up

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: Here's a dose of Kryber, thanks to Vic-Umma. ^_^

--------------------------------------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

Amber’s the last person I wanted to see right now but destiny played a trick on me again. I went to Sung Jin to eat breakfast and it happened to be that the stupid llama was there too.

 

“Amber, if she cooked breakfast for you, maybe she has a crush on you.”

 

“Amber, you’re blushing!”

 

Vic unnie and Key were teasing her about someone and I knew for sure that it wasn’t me. Who’s that b*tch who cooked for her anyway?! My chest tightened when I heard them talking and I was about to leave when Vic unnie greeted me and walked towards my direction.

 

“Uh. Noona, I need to go. I’ll just eat breakfast at home.” What the stupid llama said hurt me. You really want to eat what that b*itch cooked for you?!

 

I was surprised when Vic unnie ordered Amber to stay. She threatened Amber that if she leaves, she couldn’t come back to Sung Jin anymore. Unnie sat me at the table beside Key and in front of Amber. Why did you do that unnie? Now I’m stuck here seeing that llama’s face!

 

When unnie left for the kitchen, silence filled the space between us. I still hate Amber for what she did but seeing her made my heart flutter. Amber bowed his head avoiding my gaze while Key on the other hand tried to break the ice.

 

“Uhmm. The weather is nice. Should we go somewhere after this?” Key told us excitedly however both Amber and I didn’t seem to care. I just kept on stealing glances at her, waiting for her to explain why she didn’t come yesterday.

 

“Key, help me prepare the food!” It was Vic unnie’s voice and Key stood up to go to the kitchen.

 

“Yah, Kim Ki Bum! Sit down or I’ll kill you!” I threatened him.

 

“Sorry, Krys. I think noona needs my help,” he said then ran to the kitchen.

 

Aish. Now I’m stuck here with this idiot! >.<

 

Amber’s POV

 

My heart raced when Key left for the kitchen and left Krystal and me alone. I could feel Krystal’s eyes on me for quite some time but I was afraid to meet her gaze. I felt ashamed of what I did to her yesterday but hopefully, she had a good time with Minho.

 

“K-krystal-shi, I-I’m sorry if I didn’t come yesterday,” I finally said after a deep sigh, with my head still down. “S-something came up so—“

 

“Stop it. I don’t want to hear anything from you,” she told me which made me look at her. Tears started to form in Krystal’s eyes and it made my heart even more painful. Please don’t cry in front of me, Krystal. I might hug you if I couldn’t contain myself.

 

“I-I’m sorry, Krystal-shi. But I hope you had a great time with Minho,” I told her.

 

“I hope you had a great time drinking too,” she said sarcastically. Aish. So she knew that too? What else did you tell her, Key? “You could have just told me that you wanted to drink instead of setting me up with Minho,” she said in a different tone this time. It was sadness in her voice.

 

“I’m really sorry.” There’s nothing else I could say, I knew it was my fault. Again, we both fell silent and waited for Key and Vic noona. I didn’t know what’s taking them so long but I hoped that they return to us as soon as possible. The awkwardness between Krystal and I was just getting worse.

 

“Just tell me why you did it?! Don’t you really want to watch the film with me?! Why do you always push me away from you?! Tell me, you idiot, so we can fix this!” I was surprised by Krystal’s sudden outburst of emotion. Good thing that there were no other costumers in the shop. I didn’t know to respond when tears started rolling down her cheeks and her voice was shaking.

 

In the end, my mind was defeated by my heart. I walked in front of Krystal and begged on my knees. “I’m really really sorry. Please forgive me, Krystal-shi.”

 

I didn’t have the chance to step back when Krystal wrapped her arms around me and sobbed. “Stop saying sorry, you idiot,” she said as she punched my back. Oh, Krystal. Can we just stay like this forever? I feel like this is where I belong. I hugged her back tightly, without minding where we were.

 

“Sssshhh. Stop crying,” I told her as I gently kiss her hair.

 

“Why did you do that, Amber? I thought we’re starting to get along,” Krystal said, still crying.

 

Krystal’s cry made me weak that I couldn’t lie anymore. “I did that for Minho. He wanted to see you so bad that I told him to meet you instead. I’m really sorry.”

 

She pulled from our hug and looked at me with those cold puffy eyes. “You stupid. Do you think I wanted to be with him?” I just shrugged my shoulders and Krystal let out a deep sigh. “It’s you who I wanted to watch the film with.” Her cheeks reddened when she said that and I felt mine reddened too. How can you be so cute when you blush, Krystal-shi?

 

“I won’t ask you to watch it with me if I didn’t want to be with you in the first place,” I told her as I pinch her red cheek and she smiled at me for the first time. That smile melted my butter heart.

 

“Breakfast is ready!”

 

Our little moment was interfered by Vic noona and Key who came with plates of hotdogs and toast. “Noona, I didn’t know that cooking hotdogs would take thirty minutes?” She just answered with a meaningful smile.

 

Thank you, Vic noona. :)

 

Victoria’s POV

 

I purposely called Key to give the lovebirds their moment to talk. He told me everything in the kitchen. So the two would have made some progress yesterday if Amber only thought of her happiness first? That Amber is so kind that it annoys the hell out of me. Key and I were busy talking about them when we heard Krystal yelled at Amber but in the end, the two hugged and found peace in each other’s arms. I knew they both realize how they feel and I couldn’t wait any longer for them to confess to each other.

 

“Breakfast is ready!” The lovebirds were startled and stayed away from each other.

 

“Noona, I didn’t know that cooking hotdogs would take thirty minutes?”Amber said as she looked at me with her thankful eyes.

 

You’re always welcome, Amber. :)

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Hugging Amber never crossed my mind before but I didn’t know why my arms automatically wrapped around her when she knelt down in front of me. My heart raced when she hugged me back, giving me the same feeling that I wanted to let her feel.  In Amber’s arms is the warmest place in this world and I, the ice princess, never felt this burning feeling before. Her embrace was full of love that I started to think that maybe, just maybe, she somehow feels the same way for me too. Just tell me you like me too, Amber. If it’s just about Minho, I’ll reject him without hesitation.

 

My appetite was boosted by my reconciliation with Amber. Vic unnie and Key came with our breakfast and the four of us started eating breakfast. The llama seemed like she was making it up to me when she started slicing down the hotdogs on her plate and gave it to me after. I didn’t know that this llama can be so sweet. :”>

 

“Krys, why is your face as red as the hotdogs on your plate?” Key teased me that even Vic unnie giggled. I gave him my signature glare though I knew that my face really turned red. Kim Ki Bum, stop embarrassing me in front of Amber or I’ll cut your tongue out!

 

“Don’t worry, Key. Krystal’s not alone. Amber’s face is as red as the ketchup too,” Unnie teased the llama who lowered her head to hide her tomato face. Amber really looks cute when she’s shy.

 

The two kept creating an awkward ambiance between Amber and me but somehow I was thankful to them. If it wasn’t for them, Amber and I couldn’t have resolved the misunderstanding between us. I just hope this could be the start for the two of us because I knew deep inside my heart that what I feel for this llama could blossom into something much stronger than this.

 

“I’ll go first, guys. Jonghyun wanted to meet me for lunch,” Key told us as he stood up and kissed Vic unnie on the cheek. “Thanks for the breakfast, noona.”

 

“You’re welcome, kiddo. Thank Amber and Krys instead for the free breakfast if you know what I mean,” she replied then chuckled. “Take care and say hello to Jonghyun for me.”

 

“Yes, noona.” Key turned towards us and gave a meaningful look at Amber. “Ambro, bear in mind what I told you earlier,” he told her and patted her shoulders. I wonder what this loquacious guy told my llama. “Oh and Krys, put some ice bag on your eyes when you got home. You look awful,” my diva friend told me and kissed me on the cheek which made Amber looked at us intently. Did the llama get jealous by what my friend did? Haha!

 

“She still looks beautiful, Key,” Amber replied which made my heart skipped a little.

 

“Aigoo. This blind dino said that our Krys is beautiful,” Key teased us again and I felt my blood rushed up to my face. “Got to go, guys. Thanks for the awesome breakfast. Have fun! Especially you BEAUTIFUL Krystal Jung.” Key emphasized the word that the llama told him then left.

 

I’ll probably lose my heart to that dork Amber easily. >.<

 

Maybe you just did, Krystal Jung. ;p

 

Amber’s POV

 

Krystal’s eyes were swollen but she still looked dazzling in my eyes. I’m not blind or something but all I knew was that Krystal would always look beautiful like a princess whatever she does to herself. And you, the humble servant Amber Liu, submitted to the princess’ embrace a while ago. The thought of what happened between me and Krystal curved a wide smile on my face. I had imagined how Krystal’s hug would feel for several times but I didn’t know that it would feel that great for real. Before Key left, he reminded me not to push Krystal away if she happens to have some feelings for me. Do you like me too, Krystal-shi? I’ll take the risk of rivalry with Minho if you really do like me.

 

“Yah, what are you thinking of?” My thoughts were interrupted by the person I was thinking herself. Gawd, Krystal. If I could only tell you that it’s you I’m always thinking of.

 

“She’s thinking about you, Krys,” it was Vic noona who answered instead that made me and Krystal blushed at the same time. Are you a psychic, noona? Why can you always read my mind?

 

“Y-yes, I mean, n-no,” and I facepalmed myself for stuttering in front of Krystal. “Uhmm. I was actually thinking about my homework.”

 

“It’s Saturday, you stupid. You’re not supposed to think about homework!” Krystal glared at me as she crossed her arms. Maybe she got disappointed when I told her that I was thinking about other things. Do you really like the idea of me thinking about you?

 

“She’s right, Am. Since today’s Saturday, why don’t you two hang out and have fun like Key and Jonghyun,” Vic noona suggested. She’s pressuring me right now like she knows that I wanted to be with Krystal too or worse, maybe she’s setting us up because she knows that I like Krystal. -.-

 

“Uhmm. Who’s Jonghyun by the way?” I asked, diverting the topic.

 

“Key’s boyfriend since high school,” Krystal answered. Key likes boys too? So that may be the reason why he ships me for Krystal.

 

“Why are you talking about people who are not even here? Let’s talk about the two of you.” I gulped with what noona said while Krystal started to look nervous.

 

In the end, I just considered the fact that Vic noona knew what I feel for Krystal so I decided to go with her idea since I wanted to hang out with Krystal too. “Let’s just talk some other time, noona. I’ll take Krystal out for lunch,” I said then stood up. Noona flashed a bright smile like she was satisfied with what she heard.

 

“What did you say?” Krystal asked with wrinkled eyebrows.

 

“She said she’s taking you out for lunch! So get yourselves out of here. Shoo! Shoo!” Noona said as she pulled Krystal and pushed us out of Sung Jin. “Have fun, guys!”

 

Victoria’s POV

 

When I saw Amber sliced some hotdogs for Krystal, I knew that she was making a move somehow but was still afraid of showing her feelings. Krystal on the other hand, blushed on Amber’s little gesture and I knew that she was anticipating for more. Aish. These hard-headed kids are like nails, they won’t drive without hitting their heads with a hammer. -.-  The two looked like they had no plans confessing to each other yet and I couldn’t just leave them like that, alright. So I decided to pull some strings and *poof* the Kryber ship sailed. ;)

 

Krystal’s POV

 

What is this llama thinking when she asked me out for lunch? I didn’t know if she just wanted to grant what Vic unnie suggested or she really wanted to go out with me. The thought of the latter idea made me smile inside that I couldn’t express how thankful I am to Vic unnie.

 

“What do you want to eat for lunch, Krystal-shi?” Amber asked me as we were walking down the street but she was distancing herself from me. This bashful llama is really stupid. We hugged already and she’s still like that?! And what’s with the formal speech?

 

“Drop that formal tone, Amber. I’m not the princess of South Korea so you can talk to me like how you talk to the others,” I told her.

 

“But you look like one. Uh, I mean, okay. If that’s what you want, Krys.”

 

I could see how Amber’s face turned into a shade of pink when she mistakenly told me that I looked like a princess, she really looked funny. “That’s better. Pasta for lunch would be great. But are we going to eat now? We just ate breakfast,” I told her and glanced at my wristwatch. It was only 10am. Now where the hell are we going to spend those two hours before lunch? -.-

 

Amber thought for a while then she stopped walking and turned to me. “Do you want me to cook for you then?” the dork asked me with a beam.

 

“Yah, I don’t want to die yet. Save that cooking later,” I . The handsome llama pouted when she heard me and it was so cute! “Ok, ok. A llama’s pasta would be great though.”

 

Amber smiled widely before she pulled me excitedly and we ran together to the bus stop.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked her as we boarded the bus.

 

“To the supermarket of course,” she replied as she flashed that irresistible smile of hers.

 

So the dork is going to cook for me for real? :”>