027: EXO 2030

ღ of roses and petals ღ - a recommendation list
 
027,
 
 

 

“ It's importat that I can show you that some bonds aren't meant to be broken.”

 

 
➥ Title: EXO 2030
➥ Author: Horramata
➥ Characters: EXO
➥ Genres: angst, bromance
➥ Ratings: PG
➥ Status: ongoing
 
The year is 2030.
 
18 years after their debut, EXO is no longer active, nor relevant. 
 
 
12 years ago, they all went their separate ways.
 
Now, Park Chanyeol makes it his mission to bring them all together again.
 
 
 
macchiato-'s note:
I can’t. I just can’t. With the issue that’s now happening in real life, I just couldn’t help but to be so into EXO 2030. The author is now editing some parts of the story in order to keep it up with the real events happening, so I thought I’d postpone recommending it until it’s settled, but hey, posting this now wouldn’t hurt, would it?
 
 
What will happen to EXO in year 2030? I’m not even sure myself, but the author managed to write everything so smoothly and realistically that my heart hurts while reading each of the chapter. Coincidentally (or not), in EXO 2030, Kris was the first to quit EXO and my heart sinks because it is happening now. Many readers were rather shocked at the fact that the story’s getting real. They begged the author to end the story happily. Oh well. Kill me or whatever, but if in the end the decision is settled for Yifan to leave EXO, I’ll be the happiest person in the world. Yifan deserves the freedom, he deserves the life that he wanted. On the other hand, SM needs people who sincerely want to make their dreams come true – no matter what it takes – so SM doesn’t need Yifan, because he doesn’t have enough will to sacrifice his life for his dreams. It’s a win-win. (Don’t get me wrong: I’m not on either side. No one here is right. SM took Yifan’s human rights; Yifan broke the work ethics he was supposed to commit to. He was just meant to leave, and I’m glad he really does.)
 
(+): Back to the story (I beg your pardon for the nonsense talking up there), EXO 2030 is a must read. It will take you to an unbelievable journey, bringing you from 2030 to 2017 to 2014 and then back to 2030. With the flashbacks written in order to reveal the past events that had happened and with the tragedies that kept going on their ways, you will find yourself tearing up due to the pain. On top of that, the story is just so realistic, completed with some fluff and cute bromance moments to balance the angst.
 
(-): If you’re not a fan of angst and tragedy, never read EXO 2030. That’s all I can say.
 
ps. To EXO fans out there who are reading this: I don’t really care if you’re displeased with Yifan’s actions or if you’re dying for the issue to halt with a happy ending. I don’t have the intention to insult anyone either, but for once, just for once if you haven’t, try letting him go. Like I said, he deserves the life that he wanted, and being with EXO isn’t. I know that the problem is between him and SM only, but realistically speaking, the group is under that company, so why bother hoping?
 
I’ve been here before. The same issue had happened to Hangeng, and it was more than hard for me to accept the truth. At first I was holding so tight onto the hope the fans were always talking about, but when I learned that he’s never coming back, I just let him go wholeheartedly. I was – still am – glad enough that Kim Heechul (who was the most affected; who was supposed to feel betrayed; who was supposed to hate Hangeng) stood up for the latter. He let him go too. And I know that EXO would do the same, for the bonds and relationships they had long shared. Don’t be trapped too long on that shadows, honeys, he’ll be alright and so will EXO. :)
 
AH. Don’t let my rambling affect your view towards the recommendation! Certainly it has nothing to do with it. Go read EXO 2030, seriously, it’s a breathtakingly genius story.