06 | date

My Brother's Bestfriend

Keep in mind that this whole chapter is a flashback !


August 2016

"Oppa," Ji Eun clung onto Min Hyuk's arms. "What should we do today, hm?" She frowned, puffing her cheeks out as the wheels in her head spun for ideas. When the weekends make an appearance, it was somehow of an obligatory for Ji Eun and Min Hyuk to meet up for a date, taking advantage of the absence of attending classes. 

Min Hyuk looked at the petite figure clinging onto his side, tilting his head down to get a whole view of her brown head. The person was no other than his girlfriend. 

Ah, the word 'girlfriend'. It means she's only mine. 

Min Hyuk smirked a little to himself and reached forward to land a big pinch on Ji Eun's cheeks. "Aigoo. You puffed your cheeks to show me, didn't you? You look cute," he added in the end.

A sudden pink took over her cheeks. "No," she stuttered.

Looking at how adorable his girlfriend was, he let out a silent chuckle. "Well, what should we do for today, hm?" He hummed.

"You tell me. You're the one who asked me out on a date, and here you are void of any plans," Ji Eun answered in disappointment. She let go of Min Hyuk's arms and huffed a little to put on a show.

"Mad? Are you mad at me?" Min Hyuk laughed, eyes widened in bewilderment. 

Aigoo, she's even cuter when she's mad. 

Ji Eun shook her head but still refusing to look up at her tree of a boyfriend. "I'm sorry, alright? Forgive me, won't you? Please?" Min Hyuk pitched his voice higher on purpose, making Ji Eun look at him for a second before laughing. Her boyfriend was so embarrassing.

"Yah, what was that voice? Were you trying to act cute?" Ji Eun giggled, landing a soft punch on his bicep.

Min Hyuk smiled softly. "I take that you forgive me?" He patted her head when she let out a set of tiny nods, eyes wandering around the busy street. "Should we go for a movie?"

"No," Ji Eun shook her head. "I don't want the movies. Can we go to an amusement park instead?" She glanced at him, eyebrows scrunching when she caught him looking unexpressive. "What is it, oppa? You don't like the idea?"

"It's just-" Min Hyuk started softly, painting a forced smile on his afters. "Nah, sounds great."

 

After getting the tickets, Min Hyuk could barely get the time to shove his wallet back into his pocket before Ji Eun dragged him towards a large sign that said The French Revolution, her short legs somehow managing to move fast enough that Min Hyuk had to jog a little to keep up. "Oppa, let's ride this! It looks pretty exciting."

She swung his arms to catch his attention. She saw Min Hyuk giving a huge gulp, trying to make it as discreet as possible. It then hit Ji Eun why he hesitated when she'd suggested for them to go an amusement park. "Don't tell me, - Don't tell me you're scared of the roller coaster?"

"No!' Min Hyuk stammered. "No, really no. Let's try on that then," he put on a brave facade.

It was really a thrilling ride. The people screaming here and there just to look cool, and some holding onto each other's hand because of the speed and length that basically wrapped around the entire perimeter of the indoor park. Min Hyuk looked a little pale when the ride finally, finally came to a halt, thank god, face still forcing on a wobbly smile.

They rode on some kind of boat in The Adventures of Sinbad after that. It was basically just an exhibition.

Boring.

Ji Eun loved riding roller coasters and thrilling rides. It made her heart pound, adrenaline rushing through her veins for more. She then pulled Min Hyuk's arm to go ride on the Giant Loop. The ride was literally a full loop, a 360-degree rotation with a cart on this loop train that never really went anywhere else. The concept was pretty cool, Ji Eun loving it, even more, when she found out that the lower half of the body wouldn't really be secured well, prompting the legs to dangle in the air when the ride turns upside down. The scariness thrilled her exceptionally well.

The heat from the sun implied them that it was time for food. They decided to have lunch when they finished the indoor games, eyes set on a fast food store called Lotteria to get a set of food for each of them. 

"Oppa, you don't really look well, you okay?" Ji Eun asked Min Hyuk worriedly, taking tiny munches of her burger. She noticed how pale Min Hyuk's face had gone every time they'd gone for a ride.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine, yep." Min Hyuk laughed silently. "The rides were pretty cool. Super fun. Totally," he blabbered.

Ji Eun nodded. "It was awesome, totally the best!" She lifted her thumb to show how much of a good day it was. "Oppa, why don't we walk around the park first since we're pretty much full from eating now? Sound good?"

Min Hyuk's eyes turned bright at that. "Yeah, good idea!"

After about a half an hour or so, they went for the outdoor rides. Gyro Swing was the first stop they went. Ji Eun said it was actually same as The Claws from Australia's Dream World but much higher. Then they stopped at the Waikiki Wave, a ride full of twisting and turning in all the wrong ways and places, making you want to puke. Well talking about puke, someone definitely did puke.

Min Hyuk started puking, bile rising out of his throat the moment his head could stop spinning for a second for him to understand that he really wasn't feeling too good.

"What did I tell you?" Ji Eun patted Min Hyuk's back gently, running her hands up and down to soothe him. "I knew you were scared of the rides, and yet you still insisted that you weren't."

"Yah, I'm sick here and you've started with the nagging," Min Hyuk said, sloshing water around his mouth to get rid of the acidic taste. 

Ji Eun burst into soft sets of laughter. "You looked pale from the very beginning, oppa. I was waiting for you to actually puke. Come on, let's go home," she coaxed him, fingers taking his hand in a soft hold.

"You sure? You really wanted to come here though," he said, eyes trying to focus from losing his energy.

"Aigoo, with you in this state? Nah, let's head back home, alright?"

"Sorry, Ji Eun-ah," Min Hyuk pleaded with his eyes, feeling guilty. "I promise to make up for the next time, yeah?"

Ji Eun put on a soft smirk and nodded her head. "You promise? You're promising me right now. You sure you wanna do that?"

Min Hyuk kissed her on the cheek. "I promise, my princess."