04 | warning

My Brother's Bestfriend

Ji Eun walked lazily into her house and greeted a sloppy greeting to her mother that was lounging in the living room watching some melodrama. "Mom, I'm home. Where's oppa-"

"Oh Ji Eun-ah, you're home?" Mrs. Park got up from her seat and started pampering her daughter. "You hungry, or do you want to take a bath first?"

Ji Eun narrowed her eyes at her mom, then squinted her eyes and scanned her up and down. Usually, she came home to her mom either waving her off or asking her to reheat some food for herself in the oven, not this. "Is something wrong? Why're you acting so weird today?"

Mrs. Park laughed softly, carding her fingers through her daughter’s hair. "The one who's weird here is you, Ji Eun-ah."

"Me? Why me?" Ji Eun squinted again.

"Why are you home so late? It's already past dinner, and you're just getting home, and you never miss dinner at home." Mrs. Park smirked at her daughter. "Out with your fiancé the whole day?"

"No."

"Aw, baby, you know you're bad at telling lies, don't you?"

Ji Eun looked away from her mom, her cheeks quickly colouring. "So what if I am?" She huffed.

 

Flashback

"Thank you, oppa," Ji Eun smiled softly at Baek Hyun. And really, the last thing Ji Eun would have wanted was for him to wake up, startling her and making her trip over her foot in an attempt to put a distance between them. "Ah, you scared me!"

Baek Hyun blinked a few times in confusion, his eyes blurry and trying to regain focus. He squinted at Ji Eun sleepily and cleared his throat awkwardly when he finally came to his senses and realized it was Ji Eun he was staring at. "Y-Yah, I’m the one who would've gotten a heart attack. Why were you staring at me when I was sleeping, it's creepy."

"Tch, like you would die so easily," Ji Eun said under her breath.

Gruuuuuu... Gruuuuuu.....

"What's that sound?" Baek Hyun checked if it was his phone vibrating. "It isn't mine, is it yours?"

Ji Eun quickly turned away in embarrassment. Oh my god. She knew it wasn't hers or Baek Hyun's phone. It was her stomach, that had been rumbling since a while ago because the last thing she remembered eating was breakfast. She remembered taking a glance at the infirmary's clock that stated seven-thirty in the evening.

"Oh, was it your stomach?" Baek Hyun chuckled. "You're shy to admit, aren't you?" He narrowed his eyes teasingly.

"It's not me," she said somberly.

Baek Hyun gave another hearty chuckle and got off the floor. "So, you just gonna stand around here, or you gonna take up my offer to buy you food?" 

"Really?" Ji Eun eyes widened in excitement. God, she's such a er for food. She quickly put on a somber facade. "I mean, since it's late, it's fine I guess. Oh, and, it's in you by the way."

Baek Hyun scoffed. "Yeah, I know. I'm only treating you today since I know you forgot your purse." 

 

Yeah, that's why I got home late. Ji Eun rolled her eyes, recollecting what had they ate during their date just now.

Wait, did I just say date? 

"So, how was your date?" Mrs. Park wiggled her eyebrows. Ji Eun widened her eyes in an instance after hearing the word 'date', thinking that her mom might surpass as a mind-reader. "Do you guys, maybe, take it a step further?"

"Please, behave your age," she screeched.

Mrs. Park briskly slapped her daughter's shoulder in an attempt to quiet her down. "Yah, stop shouting, you might wake your dad."

"Mom, stop pipe-dreaming things that won't happen. I'm going to say this again, I'm never, ever, getting married to that jerk," she rolled her eyes and left for bed.

"Aigoo, this girl." Mrs. Park shook her head.

 

"You're back?" Mr. Byun looked up from the newspaper. He was having a late tea with his wife in the hall when Baek Hyun had walked in.

"Yeah," Baek Hyun answered, taking off his socks and smiling. "Hi mom, hi dad."

Mrs. Byun placed down her cup and raised her eyebrow. "Did something good happen, I haven't seen you smiling that while since ages."

Baek Hyun shrugged innocently. "Maybe?" He chuckled at his mom’s slyness. "I'm going to take a nap now."

"Okay, take a bath first before tucking in, alright?" Mrs. Byun reminded. Sometimes she tended to treat him as eight instead of eighteen.

"'Kay, nights," Baek Hyun yawned before dragging himself up the flight of stairs.

“Do you think something good happened?” Mrs. Byun asked her husband after hearing the sound click of Baek Hyun’s door. “I think his relationship with Ji Eun might be getting well.”

Mr. Byun hummed at her. 

 

Min Hyuk frowned hard looking at Chan Yeol.

Chan Yeol childishly couldn't help but think he looked really ugly.

Ji Eun is engaged to that popular bastard? He scoffed. "And why are you telling me this?" Min Hyuk asked disinterestedly.

Chan Yeol looked at Min Hyuk with stern eyes. "Here's why I'm telling you this. It's because I want to make you regret - for dumping my little sister, and show how happy she is with her fiancé." He took a sip of his whiskey before continuing his conversation towards the ignorant bastard he was trying to avoid for days. "Without you in her picture, everything's just perfect. I'm here to warn you to never speak nor try to meet with my sist-"

"Or what?"

A little annoyed with his interruption, Chan Yeol swallowed back his anger and maintained his cool. "Or you'll be preparing for your own funeral." With that, Chanyeol moved to walk out of the bar.

"Son of a-" Chanyeol was quick enough to deflect the punch directed to his face and twisted Min Hyuk's wrist, making the latter yelp in pain.

"I've warned you to stop doing useless stuff, hoobae-nim." He released Min Hyuk's hand roughly and headed towards the door. He took a last look of Min Hyuk. "I thank god for letting me witness your breakup. My sister is better off without you."

Min Hyuk scoffed, massaging the bruises forming on his wrist. "You don't tell me what to do, Park Chan Yeol sunbae-nim."

 

A short chapter yeah, hope you enjoy!