Six

That Woman I Love

SIX

 

Yonghwa finds it cute whenever fan girls would holler and giggle at the distant but go all shy and reserved up close when he is signing their CDs. He smiled to himself. Despite feeling tired from his entire schedule for the day, he was still in a good mood because he was already looking forward for a good rest. It felt like he was still under that cracking hangover. Thankfully, their manager just informed that it was the last line of fans.

 

“Hi, how’s your da—“

 

Yonghwa stopped midway as he stared at the very familiar pools in front of him. The last time he saw her, she was still on her skimpy little sleeping dress. That image most likely got stuck in the erted region of his brain. Now, Seohyun stood there with hands outstretched holding on to their CD and being oblivious of the fact that every gender in the room must be feeling overwhelmed of her kpop idol-ish appearance. The brown beanie, the cashmere sweater, the skinny jeans, the knee-high boots, and the familiar red-rimmed eyeglasses made her look like a celebrity trying (but failing) to be incognito.

 

“Seohyunnie? What are you—“

 

“I-I shouldn’t be here, but…” Seohyun looked behind her— especially at the group of girls that had been eyeing her since she took her place on the line. She overheard them murmuring something about being too beautiful to be ‘just a fan’ and something else about seducing ‘their oppas.’

 

Seohyun almost gagged and answered back in her mind, ‘Yeah, es, your oppa just spent a night on MY bathtub. Beat that!’

 

“I have been trying to reach you after—“ Yonghwa whispered back but felt a hand on his shoulder. It was their manager telling him to hurry so he took her CD, signed it quickly and passed it back to her, “I-I’m sorry. Can you wait for me? We're about to

 

Seohyun nodded and slipped the envelope on his palm, “Meet me later after this.”

 

“Wow… okay…” Yonghwa stared at the pink envelope then back at her dumbfounded. Stupid smile drew on his lips, “Wow…”

 

“Errr, okay? You can close your mouth now, Oppa.” Seohyun almost laughed by how funny he looked. With a small wave, she smiled, “See you later…”

 

~~~

 

Taeyeon was flipping through the pages of the fashion magazine and wondered how their lives would have been totally different if their parents accepted the offer of Yoona’s management company to train the nine of them to be pop stars. It must have been Sica’s father who said that he didn’t want his daughter to be under public’s scrutiny.

 

She shook her head and noticed another magazine on the corner that featured this rock band whose leader looked awfully familiar. Taeyeon laughed remembering how she beat him up ages ago. She took it and dropped it near the ottoman where Sica was reading another magazine. “So… Sica, anything about your estranged-turn-rockstar cousin?”

 

Sica raised a brow and flipped her hair at Taeyeon as if preparing for their duel for the day, “Yep, when he left he started training for this entertainment company. And now, yeah his back for—“

 

“Wait a moment, where’s my sister?”

 

She felt her heart jumped for a moment. Yeah, she knew the answer to that question, of course. But Jessica still managed to click her tongue and roll her eyes— grace under pressure. Kim Taeyeon must learn from her. “Yeah, thanks a lot for listening, Kim Taeyeon,” she sighed and went back reading like hell she cared about the shorty’s obvious bothered expression.

 

“Oh, she mentioned something about this art exhibit—“

 

There was a sudden burning sensation inside Sica’s ears after Hyoyeon replied.

 

“At Jung Metropolis? I heard Yonghwa’s band is appearing… t-there…” Yoona’s voice almost faded when she found her Sica Unnie’s eyes shooting straight at her while mumbling something so she mouthed back a ‘what?’

 

Taeyeon noticed the exchanges of stupid glances. Her internal alarm system went off. “What the hell?!” She grabbed her bag and stood.

 

“Hey, Taeng wai—“ Fany called out in panic by what suddenly happened especially when her friend didn’t even give a second look and just darted towards the door, “YAH, KIM TAEYEON!!!”

 

“Oh boy, this isn’t good...”

 

“Come on, let’s follow her!”

 

“Here comes trouble!”

 

“Oh god, please have mercy on whoever’s soul—“

 

“Okay, ’s about to happen in five… four—”

 

The other girls shuffled worriedly, paced excitedly but ended up laughing before heading towards Trojan War.

 

With all the commotion, Yoona stood unable to decide what to do mainly because Sica was still lounging on her princess seat like nothing happened while the others’ footsteps and squeaks faded along the hallways of the Jung mansion. “Unnie!!! What do we do now? Do we need to follow them or something?!”

 

Jessica dropped the magazine on her lap and stated calmly, “No... I don’t run, remember?” But, suddenly it dawned on her, “BLOODY JIMMY FRIGGIN’ CHOO!!! MY PHONE. NOW!!!!”

 

Yoona almost got knocked by the scream as she threw the phone to her Unnie, “What is happening?!”

 

“Ya, you gotta get out of there. Your sister is dashing mad there!”

 

“But unnie, we haven’t talked yet—“

 

“I’ll try to find a way but not this time, love, come on get out of there…”

 

“Oppa’s about to come!”

 

“I DON’T CARE! JUST CALL HIM. NOW!”
 

“Unnie!! I don’t have his number!!! Ottoke?!”

 

“Just get out of there, Seohyunie! Let me handle this. And why in the world did you mention about the exhibit??!”

 

“Sorry Unnie, bad slip.”

 

Sica shut her eyes tight and counted to nine, then continued rather calmly but had her eyes rolling, “There’s no such thing as good slip, Seo, unless it’s intentional. Just, just get out of there…”

 

“Oh… okay… unnie… I’m so sorry.”

 

Jessica hung up and dropped the phone on her side, “Arghhh, meori apeo… I think I’m gonna get sick… I need to go shopping…”

 

“If you’re gonna get sick, you need medicine,” Yoona chuckled as she sat beside her unnie.

 

“Whatever…”

 

“But Unnie, you know this?”

 

“I set it up…”

 

“Oh my goodness!!!! You.Are.So.Dead.Annyeong.Sica Unnie…”

 

“Yoona-ya, are you going to let me die?”

 

“No-oh, don’t worry, your secret is safe with me. Why are you helping them?”

 

“Uhh… they both have unfinished business with each other….????”

 

“What are we going to do now?”

 

“I honestly don’t have any idea—“

 

“OH MY GOD, I THINK I KNOW WHAT TO DO?! OOOHHHHH THIS IS EXCITING!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...........................................

 

 

 

okay, kidding..... =_______=

 

 

XD