Twelve

That Woman I Love

TWELVE

 

“A lovely morning, my gorgeous friend.”

 

“Good morning too, Oppa,” Seohyun giggled as she slumped on the window seat discarding her Introduction to Human Ecology book to the side, “Have you had breakfast?”

 

“I had a classy breakfast c/o my classy cousins. You?”

 

“I had banana and milk,” she shrugged, transferring the phone on her other hand so she could rest an arm comfortably on the windowsill.

 

“Just?”

 

“My sister’s in sour mood this morning. Good thing Fany Unnie’s here to provide some sense on her.”

 

“Ahhh yeah, she wasn’t home this morning. Did you talk to Taeyeon?”

 

“I tried but she just waved another I’m-mad-at-you-right-now-but-I-won’t-tell-you-why flag.”

 

“Oh-uh… is it because of last night?”

 

Probably not… I didn’t say anything. Just forget about it, it’s probably hormonal imbalance.”

 

“Okay. School today?”

 

“Nope, just studying for my exam tomorrow.”

 

“But it’s a Saturday.”

 

“I have a class, sadly. You? What’s your plan for the weekend?”

 

“Recording on Saturday and Sunday… hmmm… let’s see… do you have a plan for Sunday?”

 

“Hmmm… if nothing comes up then no plans…”

 

“Good! Then make me your Sunday plan.”

 

She laughed taking it as another playful attempt to lure her out, “Really? You won’t be busy?”

 

“Yep, let’s go for a joyride. What do you say?”

 

“Hmmm…” Seohyun mumbled. Going out with him is unbecoming and she knew that. A part of her told her to just get on with it and another one taking a tight grip on her conscience, “I don’t kno—“

 

“Hyun, before you can come up with a very sensible excuse, I want to assure you that this isn’t a date, okay? You’re just going to accompany me on MY joyride because who goes on a joyride alone anyway? Where’s the joy to that?”

 

And it made her laugh again that all she could do was to roll her eyes as if was right there in front of her to see it, “Arasseoyong~ your power of persuasion is improving.”

 

“Is it? So I can persuade you into someth—“

 

“Hush,” She clicked her tongue and smiled when she heard him laugh, “Save it… I think I can read your mind right there.”

 

 “Okay… okay! So how does that joyride sound?”

 

“A joyride would be nice.”

 

“Great! Pick you up around 6?”

 

“A.M.? That early?”

 

“Your sister wakes up late right? It would be perfect.”

 

“Okay, I got it… six it is…”

 

Seohyun spent the rest of the day getting lost in all the pages of the books she needed to study on. A little while back, Tiffany dropped by to tell her that she was taking Taeyeon somewhere to ‘distract her from evil thoughts’. She offered to go with them but her Unnie brushed her off saying that it was better to deal with Taeyeon that way.

 

It was almost late afternoon when Jessica and Yoona invaded her rather uneventful day and deliberately announced that they came to bother her by throwing all her books out of her bedroom—literally. And, as usual, she couldn’t do anything about it.

 

“Ok, spill….” Jessica started as she positioned herself on Seohyun’s bed beside Yoona that the youngest appeared to be under scrutiny.

 

“There’s nothing to spill, Unnie,” Seohyun shrugged then let her annoyance show by sighing loudly that her unnies looked at each other as if they were expecting that reaction.

 

“Ya, don’t tell me I wasted one of my important boring days for nothing,” Sica threw a pillow at Seohyun— attempted to throw a pillow since it just landed on the latter’s feet.

 

Yoona hid a grin then pretended to huff in exasperation, “Seo, just tell us already! I let you in on my secret too, play fair!”

 

“I didn’t ask for it, Unnie,” she muttered nonchalantly but all she got were identical glares. “Fine! We talked…”

 

“Did you kiss?”

 

“Unnie! That’s private!”

 

Jessica turned to Yoona with a clandestine smile stretching across her face then asserted wryly, “They kissed.” She looked at Seohyun again who was starting to blush, “So, what kind? Another boring-peck-on-the-lips or with head-spinning-tongue-action?”

 

“D-DE~?????!!!” Seohyun gaped in disbelief as she shook her head. It was a joke, of course, but she could only wish her face won’t give everything away. Then she pursed her lips and sighed as Yoona laughed incredibly amused while Sica just gave her signature proud smirk. “Do you really have to be here?”

 

“So what are you now?” Yoona asked as the tingles in her bones dissipated.

 

“What should we be? I have a boyfriend!”

 

“Just convince yourself because that’s a good excuse.” Yoong’s eyes rolled upward, “Speaking of, when was the last time you saw that boyfriend of yours?

 

“Errr, last week?”

 

“When was the last time you met Yonghwa Oppa?”

 

Seohyun diverted her gaze on the ground then chewed on her lower lip like it was the best way to answer the question.

 

“Let’s make it simple. When was the last time your boyfriend called you?”

 

“Uhm, a few days ago?” She hoped that the interrogation would be over soon but since Yoona was asking and Jessica was quiet may probably be a good sign.

 

“When was the last time Yonghwa Oppa called you?”

 

“Aish!!! Just break up with— wait… what’s his name again?” Finally, Sica broke her well-appreciated silence when Seohyun looked like her head was about to burst thinking of a good lie and Yoona fell into another pit of giggles.

 

“Unnie, what are you saying right now?!” Seohyun grumbled loudly, her feet stomping on the floor like a child who got her candy stolen from her without her even noticing it.

 

“Duh, it still doesn’t occur to you that you just cheated on him?”

 

She found herself hiding her face on her hands. Yes, she knew it and if only she could tell them that it wasn’t even once that she cheated. Regaining her composure, she crossed her arms on her chest, “I feel bad, okay?”

 

“You DID kiss??!!”

 

“Duh, Yoona~”

 

“But it doesn’t have to end that way, Unnie!”

 

“That’s a total BS, Hyunie…” Sica rolled her eyes, “Do you really love your boyfriend? Do you see yourself with him any given time of the day for the rest of your lives together without feeling icky of the thought?”

 

Yoona gave Sica a thumbs-up, “Unnie, I really love your non-subtle attempt to be brutally honest...”

 

“Girls, all I’m saying is… why spend your life with a person just because you’re comfortable and secured with him? Hyunie, we know you. You chose him because he fits in your ‘comfort zone’. He’s so much like you that… both of you…” She stopped for a moment as if realigning her hypotheses,  “Okay, it’s a given fact that you look good together—you look TOO cute together, but damn— you are so fcking boring together!”

 

Yoona was already giggling at that but she just pursed her lips especially when she noticed the early signs of Seohyun being pissed.

 

However, Jessica Jung was not finished yet.

 

“I’m just cringing with the mere thought of seeing your boring little children sitting in the corner like little boring, arhg,” she faked a shiver, “…children in the near future, god forbid. Save your future generation, Seohyun, and break up with him before your boring future little family happens.”

 

Nothing can shut Jessica up— no one would dare shut her up on her glorious moments of tongue-lashing, except, of course, Kim Taeyeon (sometimes). Seohyun’s bottom lip jutted out, her eyes darted everywhere in the room except at her Unnie as if ignoring what she was saying. However, she couldn’t. Despite, probably detesting the way she was saying those things to her that moment, Seohyun knew exactly why Jessica was being like that.

 

And Yoona burst out laughing while Seohyun just huffed keeping her silence.

 

“Oh, I haven’t even started with you yet…”

 

“That’s what I’m actually waiting for.” It was Seohyun’s turn to grin when her Sica Unnie waved a finger at the girl that was still trying to calm herself.

 

“Unnie, can you please let me keep this happiness a bit longer?”

 

“Shut up, Yoona. One piece of advice: do yourself a favor and stop playing secret lovers with your boyfriend. It’s fun and exciting that way but it’s more fun and exciting if you have us, your unnies and Seohyun, to spazz with your lovelife!”

 

“I know… I will tell them, okay?”

 

“Better do it soon before I do it myself.”

 

“I’ll do it, Unnie. I just can’t imagine how you will tell them. I’m a bit skittish letting my Unnie know though.”

 

“With Yuri? Oh, love, she won’t go all Taeyeon on you, don’t worry.”

 

Yoona laughed, “Anyway, you’re telling me to tell them how about Seohyunie?”

 

Jessica scoffed, “Duh? If I am being melodramatic most of the time, that Kim Taeyeon has Master’s in Tragedy. She can put my acting skills to shame. At least Fany and Hyoyeon knew already.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Hey, relax, love… I can’t make miracles happen on my own, can I? Don’t worry though… they won’t tell, I made them take an oath of fealty,” Sica smiled sweetly at Seohyun.

 

“How did you make Fany Unnie take that oath with you? Did she break up with her Taeng Oppa?”

 

“Oh scrap the oath thingie, I was just trying to make a point.”

 

“And we always looooove and appreciate the way you make those points, Unnie,” Seohyun remarked clearly showing her sarcasm.

 

“If you don’t want to help me then I will deal with this myself!”

 

“But you can’t do anything about it now! Why are you being like this?!”

 

They stared at each other when they heard familiar voices outside the bedroom door so they rushed out and found TaeNy on a very rare moment of yelling at each other.

 

Sica had this sudden urge of recording it on her phone for keepsake but she brushed those thoughts aside and step out of the room, “What’s going on here?”

 

“It’s none of your business…” Taeyeon didn’t even look at the other girls and just marched to her room then slammed it hard enough to startle them all.

 

 “What’s up with her?” Yoona asked as they all stood in the hallway. Fany sighed shaking her head while Sica had her arms crossed on her chest and Seohyun was biting her nail looking bothered.

 

Fany shrugged, “Just leave her alone. Taeyeon is just being Taeyeon.”

 

“When is Taeyeon ever going to stop being Taeyeon?” Sica grumbled. “This is getting way too overrated…”

 

“Did she tell you why she’s mad, Unnie?”

 

“Let’s not talk about it.” She placed a hand on Seohyun’s cheek giving her a tight-lipped smile but continued, “So you, Seohyunnie, if you want to do the things that you think can make you happy, go for it, but… think… think well… and hard enough. And don’t forget to talk to us, we are here to listen and if you want, we can suggest things, you know?”

 

“Oh boy, does this mean it’s this serious?” Yoona said almost under her breath. She knew it wasn’t only for the other girl but for her as well.

 

“This only means we should all be honest with each other, Yoona-ya,” Fany remarked but she gave a little wink at Sica who just groaned.

 

“I knew it…”

 

“You knew what????” Yoona’s curious stare transferred back and forth to their older friends.

 

Sica rolled her eyes, “Ya, don’t you know it’s rude to into adults’ conversation?”

 

“Aigoo, these Unnies…” Seohyun finally shook her head.

 

“It’s time to go home, Jessi.”

 

“What?! You’re leaving your wifey like that? She needs some lovin’, woman!”

 

“Just shut up, Jessica. She’s only giving me headaches.” Tiffany laughed as Sica placed a hand on her waist but she stopped walking and turned to Seohyun, “Ahhh, if you’re planning to talk to that woman, don’t…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

…………………………………

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I did something stupid, lol I was supposed to use LWG as the other guy but I wrote a different name on the earliest chap that I can’t even think of where I got, so yeah, I decided to just stick to not naming hyun’s bf at all… anyway, you can backread if you’re srsly curious or if you’re just awfully bored. Still, I might use the said name in the coming chaps if there would be a need… that only shows that I reeeeaaaallly can’t think of a suitable ‘other’ guy for uri Seohyunie *cough*loyalshipperhere*cough* oh well, what the hell, right?

 

thanks for the comments and upvotes!

 

 

ㅎ_ㅎ"