Five

That Woman I Love

FIVE

 

“Oh… I-I… Seohyunie, we need to talk.”

 

“I know but this isn’t a good time and definitely not a good place to do that.”

 

“But, how?”

 

“I don’t know! Any moment my sister will come in and check on me, like she always does,” she rolled her eyes upon remembering. “Especially after last night.”

 

“I know. The way she glared at me at the bar after you left. I swear if looks could kill I won’t be talking to you right now.”

 

“I’m sorry. Taeyeon Unnie is such a complete psycho sometimes.”

 

Yonghwa smiled, “Tell me about it.”

 

“Anyway, you must go becau—“

 

Knock. Knock

 

“Oh.my.god.”

 

The sound brought them into panic mode that Seohyun managed to shove him off her bed that he landed on his bottom. Thankfully, her cushy wool carpet welcomed his . “Seohyun, I—“

 

“SHHHH!” Seohyun pushed his head down as the door finally opened. “Unnie!”

 

“Hey sport, how are you?” Taeyeon peeped through the door, “Can I come in?”

 

“Uhhh, maybe later?” she stood and nervously held on the door, “I just woke up and I remembered I have a test on Trig this afternoon—“

 

“Seohyuna, is it just me or I think it’s Sunday today?”

 

“Oh, yeah right… I mean tomorrow.”

 

“Okay then,” Taeyeon nodded, “The girls are coming later for lunch.”

 

“Okay…” She smiled and took a deep breath when her sister gave her a small wave and pivoted away. Seohyun turned and noticed Yonghwa’s head popping out slowly so she whispered, “That was clo—“

 

“Ahhh, Seohyun?”

 

Her eyes widened as she watched him dropping down again with the same terrified look so she yelled back at her sister, “Yeah, Unnie?”

 

“Would you be a dear and call Sica? I think I forgot to tell her about lunch.”

 

“Got that.” She sighed then locked the door, “I bet she purposely did not invite Sica Unnie last night.”

 

“What’s the deal with those two?”

 

“You.” Seohyun rolled her eyes, “You are the deal.”

 

“I shouldn’t have asked.”

 

“I know, right?”

 

“So you promise you will talk to me?”

 

“Yes, I promise. I’ll find a way.” She opened the door again and checked, “But for now, let’s get you out of here.”

 

~~~

 

Yonghwa managed to sneak out of their house through the backdoor a few hours ago. Although relieved, Seohyun was still apprehensive about her promise that she would find a way for them to talk now that she doesn’t even know how to contact him. With all the commotion that happened, they both forgot to exchange contact details.

 

Now, she sat in the dining room with her sister friends. Everybody seemed to be giving her the usual sorry looks and it was making her more uncomfortable keeping what happened that night a secret. Usually, they don’t keep things from each other but it was something she cannot just tell any of them.

 

“Unnies, I found out something about Yonghwa Oppa.”

 

It was Yoona who could no longer keep the thought to herself. All of them looked at her but Seohyun pulled her gaze away and back on her plate when she felt some eyes passing her direction.

 

“Ugh, can we talk about that later?” Sooyoung groaned dropping her spoon loudly, “You know what happens after this kind of topic. I don’t want to lose my appetite by listening to word war part…” She stopped and muttered, “Damn, I lost count!”

 

Hyoyeon laughed and added, “Should I go grab some popcorn now? But seriously speaking, Sooyoung’s right, let’s save ourselves from that.”

 

“No, I want to know now.”

 

Taeyeon said subtly and Sica rolled her eyes on the side.

 

“Seo, do you want to know now too?”

 

Fany turned to their youngest— everybody turned to look at their youngest. Seohyun just shrugged; she was curious too. Besides, they barely talked.

 

“For what it’s worth, just spill,” Yuri joined in.

 

Yoona nodded. Deep inside, she doubted if what she was doing was right. Anyway, maybe it was a chance for her to finally let her friends know the secret she has been dying to tell them too. “Apparently, he debuted in a rock band.”

 

“Whoa, seriously?”

 

Sunny touched the tip of her short hair. “Well, it runs in the blood, if the Jungs are not building hotels they’re probably singing somewhere.” She looked at Sica who was just silently listening to the conversation, “I bet you didn’t know about this.”

 

“As surprised as you are. The moment my parents assumed I have this looming sibling-cousin-whatever kind of jealousy-rivalry with Yonghwa, they decided it’s better for both of us to cut cords. They think I’m threatened because he’s the oldest male Jung of our generation. But yeah, let me confirm it,” Sica took her phone and made a call. “Yeah, it’s true… my cousin is seriously back for good.”

 

She said that looking straight at Taeyeon. Sica realized she should stop keeping what happened before for it was gnawing on her conscience. She has nothing on Taeyeon, in fact, it was this shorty who unknowingly owes her. But with her cousin, Yonghwa, she has this huge debt to pay.

 

~~~

 

The moment Seohyun fled crying, Taeyeon stood and dashed towards her cousin who was, at that moment, on the move towards Seohyun. The other girls ran instinctively after the youngest.

 

Taeyeon didn’t need to say anything instead she let her fist and legs do the talking. Yonghwa too was surprised by the attack that he didn’t do anything more and willingly accepted the blow.

 

“KIM TAEYEON, STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!” Jessica said sprinting towards her vicious friend who looked terribly possessed by an otherworldly kind of evil. But, a hand gripped on her arm that stopped her on her track.

 

“Don’t. Let her be.” It was Tiffany who was standing there watching the whole scene— calmly.

 

“What the hell, Tiff? Stop her!” Sica said again but the other girl remained still her hands balling on her sides. “Tiff, come on! Look what she’s doing! Yah, Yonghwa just stand and go! Kim Taeyeon, stop!”

 

“I’m sorry, Jessi, she needs this.”

 

Fany just shook her head that all Jessica could do was to cry in sheer desperation, “WHAT THE FCK IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU!?”

 

She was frantically screaming at everybody but nobody seemed to care so she speed dialed her driver waiting outside the school.

 

It was only after there was blood on Yonghwa’s face that Tiffany stepped in and got hold of Taeyeon, “Come on, Taeng, that’s enough…”

 

As if it was the only thing the short girl was waiting for, she stopped but glared at the blood-drenched guy on the ground, “Nobody makes any of these girls cry, especially the maknae. Got that, ?!”

 

With that, they both turned away and headed towards where Seohyun and the other girls run off to. However, Sica went to her cousin and attempted to wipe his face with her handkerchief, “Oh my god, Yonghwa, I’m sooooo so sorry—“

 

“JUNG JESSICA, ARE YOU COMING OR WHAT?!”

 

It was Taeyeon so Jessica stood, wiped her knees and looked apologetically at Yonghwa then walked away like the rest of the world.

 

~~~

 

Two Days Later…

 

“You have to leave.”

 

“What? You’re throwing me out?”

 

“I am so not throwing you out. I’m telling you what you should do.”

 

“Isn’t it the same as throwing out?”

 

“Look, because of you Taeyeon won’t talk to me. She has been ing like she never ed before.” Jessica massaged her temple and mumbled almost to herself, “God, I can’t believe that woman can better than I can.”

 

“You have nothing to do with this! Why don’t you tell her that?”

 

“Believe me I told her every conceivable thing there is to tell. Thank goodness Fany is there to keep her off from clawing on me.” Jessica walked towards the aircon then fanned herself with her hands, “Taeyeon has been protecting her sister all her life—we have been protecting her for whatever in hell the reason is. You must understand, you hurt Seohyun and the girls, especially Taeyeon, won’t sit around on this one. You are my cousin and Taeyeon hated me for that fact. Go back to Busan, stay there for awhile. I know your life is here now but this won’t last forever. Please.”

 

It was the first time Jessica said that word. ‘Please’. Jessica Jung, heiress to the Jung Empire, never begged to anybody— except this time. But he was stood firmly defying her words. “I am not leaving.”

 

“Sheez! Do you really have to be stubborn right now?”

 

“I will fix this.”

 

“If you don’t leave, I’ll fix you myself.”

 

“What are you going to do? Tell ‘daddy’ about it?”

 

“You… just don’t have any idea what I can do, Yonghwa. Jessica Jung gets what Jessica Jung wants. Watch your back.”

 

She did the unthinkable— something she didn’t realize she could do. After that, she thought she was a far better than Kim Taeyeon. Hats off to that shorty though, Taeyeon could be a crackpot most of the time but she would never ruin anyone’s life.

 

If the girls knew what Sica did to Yonghwa, they will totally tell her she’s the greater evil compared to Taeyeon.

 

And, yes, she has been regretting what she did ever since.

 

~~~

 

After a few days of thinking and scheming for the easiest way to keep her promise, Seohyun decided to use her final card. She knew it was a risk but there was really no other way. Besides, knowing Sica, she would take on that kind of challenge so she begged again, “Unnie, you’re the only one brave enough to defy Taeyeon Unnie.”

 

“And aren’t you brave enough to come here and ask me that? Why not ask Fany for help? Taeyeon listens to her more. Which reminds me, I’m her mortal enemy right now and for, like, ever?”

 

“Unnie, please, I know oppa just wanted to talk to me, there’s nothing wrong about that…”

 

“I know, and you’re not the only one who asked that.”

 

“Oh?”

 

“Yonghwa talked to me a few days ago about you. Why don’t you just let this go, Seo. It’s pointless… unless… are you still in—”

 

“No… no…” Seohyun sighed, “There were just so many things that happened. Yonghwa Oppa was a very good friend to me before and I ruined it by being naïve.”

 

“Oh, Seohyunie, you weren’t naïve. You were just trying to be honest—“

 

“And spill my guts out that everything was ruined, including you and my sister.”

 

“Oh, love… Taeyeon and I… we are usually like this ever since the world began. I love her and she loves me but most of all, we just love getting in each other’s nerves. You know, we won’t last a day without being sarcastic.”

 

“Yeah, it’s what you both do best.”

 

“Indeed.” Sica stifled a laugh, “I just don’t understand why your sister is making a big deal out of this whole Yonghwa and you thing. But seriously, Seohyun, I’m not going against your sister for this one. She has just gotten worse. We used to agree to disagree but after that? Oh, well... you know what I had to endure during those times I was the target of her wrath just because Yonghwa and I share the same blood and last names. And god, Seohyunie, we are freaking okay now! I don’t want to ruin that again!”

 

“You are?” Seohyun raised a brow. Taeyeon and Jessica being okay was literally and figuratively a joke.
 

“Yes! Oh my gee, she offered me the cupcake that Fany made! Get this," Sica narrated excitedly, "Not just any ordinary cupcake but Fany’s cupcake! That’s a big leap, wouldn’t you say?”

 

Seohyun could almost swear this blonde unnie made sense a few minutes ago. She rolled her eyes then tried to put the conversation back on track, “Unnie, please you are my last hope!”

 

“NO, I AM SO NOT HELPING YOU TALK TO YONGHWA.”

 

“Errr, you don’t really need to say that out loud.”

 

“I’M SORRY, I WON’T DO IT.”

 

“Seriously unnie,” Seohyun found herself rolling her eyes again.

 

“Ya, go now, my yoga instructor is about to come,” Sica lazily checked her nails but was surprised when Seohyun knelt in front of her.

 

“Unnie, last?”

 

“I SAID NO. I WON’T HELP YOU!” she sighed, stood and walked over her hot pink settee. Jessica smiled secretly. Actually, she was thinking about it, now an opportunity presented itself so she took the pink envelope resting on the coffee table in front of her. She waved a finger for Seohyun to walk closer to her then beamed, “Oh, there’s an art exhibit at the Jung Metropolis Hotel. You know that, right? It’s in Insa-dong. I have two extra tix. It’s an invitation-only event.” She winked then scribbled something at the back of the paper.

 

Two hours before that Codename Blue’s having their fansign at the hotel’s lobby. You know what to do. Be careful.

 

“Unnie!! Tha—“

 

“BEGGING WON'T HELP, I SAID I CAN’T—“

 

“You can’t help me, I got it! What’s up with the public address system?”

 

Jessica shot a glance at the closed door and whispered, “Who knows your deranged sister paid any of my staff here?”

 

Seohyun laughed because, of course, that was a totally crazy idea. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....................................

 

thanks for the comments~

appreciate them a lot ^^

*hugs*

and uh, no update this weekend... sorry

next week again hehe