Fourteen

That Woman I Love

 

 

 

FOURTEEN

 

Lee Young Woon sat across her. People say they look perfect for each other. Her father thought it was a good fit. Although her mother has always voiced out her concern for her decision to be with him, Seohyun knew that her mom supports her all the way. Her sister friends have mixed reactions about her relationship with him. And, Taeyeon, she thought that Seohyun isn’t really into him that much so she needs to break up with him the soonest possible time.

 

For Seohyun, other people’s opinions don’t really matter because all she cared about was how she felt and thought.

 

Until lately…

 

She sighed and took her phone from the table and started scrawling through the news in the internet while he continued telling her something about his future plans.

 

“Abeoji suggested Princeton or Harvard, but you know, I’m still trying to convince him that wherever you decide to go then that’s where I’m going too, be it abroad or here in Korea. Besides, maybe we can live together since its post grad and your sister won’t really be—“

 

CodenameBlue, Accused of Plagiarism

 

She opened the page and skimmed through the details. Apparently, an amateur band surfaced and accused the CodenameBlue of copying the chords and style of the track Train Wreck. Seohyun swallowed hard because the song meant something to her. She checked some related news when she felt a hand on her wrist so she looked up and noticed her boyfriend’s concerned look.

 

“Seohyuna, are you listening?”

 

 “Ehh?” She stared at him for a moment but her mind was telling her that she should be somewhere else, “Ahhh yes— no, I’m sorry.”

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Nothing, I have to—“

 

“Is it your sister again?”

 

“Uhm, yeah, I have to go… I’m sorry.”

 

“Hey!”

 

Just like that she lied again, committed another crime. She felt bad dashing out like that, but most of all she felt bad for using her sister as an excuse. Seohyun got in her car, composed a message and hit send, “Heard the news. You okay?” Her phone rang even before she could start the engine. “Yoboseyo?”

 

“Hyun, it’s me…”

 

“Oppa, where are you?”

 

“Going to the dorm to get some stuff then recording studio.”

 

“Hmmm… can we meet?”

 

“I would like that a lot. I have a schedule till midnight, can I see you after that?”

 

“Okay. At the park?”

 

“Can’t, someone saw me there last time.”

 

“Omo, did they see me? Did I get you into trouble?”

 

“Nope, company released statement that I was jogging midnight. Can we meet somewhere?”

 

“Hmmm… do you know 9th Street Café?”

 

“I can find it. Is it safe? I can’t really be seen…”

 

“I understand. I know the owner. Use the back door and look for Eun Hye-ssi. She’s the only one there by midnight. She’s a sunbae from a book club, we can trust her.”

 

“Got that. Where are you?”

 

“Driving… on my way to school to drop off a report, then I’ll be at the café, I’ll wait for you till then.”

 

“Okay, thanks, Hyun… can’t wait to see you…”

 

“Me too, Oppa…”

 

~~~

 

Yoona raised herself up and sighed as she watched him sleeping soundly then dropped a kiss on his cheek before slipping out of the bed.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

She rolled her eyes as she put on his shirt, “Water…”

 

“Hmmm… don’t leave yet, okay?”

 

“In a bit. You better get up too. You have schedule later, right?”

 

“Hmmm… five more minutes.” Jonghyun opened one eye then smiled lazily, “Come back to bed.”

 

“Can’t do that,” she pouted.

 

“Come on, babe…”

 

She laughed as he playfully spread one arm but with eyes closed. Yoona shook her head and left the room because that five minutes would end up being an hour. After taking a glass of water from the fridge, she let her back fall on the table’s edge and contemplated for a moment when the door opened.

 

“Oh, hi…”

 

“Hi, Oppa…” Yoona smiled at Yonghwa.

 

“Jonghyun’s here? I thought you two went out…”

 

“He’s still—“ she almost said ‘in bed’ so she shook her head with a giggle, “In the room.”

 

Yonghwa cleared his throat when finally realized the familiar oversized shirt the girl was wearing, “Ahh… how is he?”

 

“Better? As far as I know, he’s feeling better,” Yoona replied while putting the glass on the sink.

 

“Good thing you came… he’s one lucky guy…”

 

“How about you? How are you?”

 

“I’m okay… one of our mentors said this is something we should experience somehow.”

 

“That’s a good way to put it. But, yeah, you’ll get through this. By the way, have you seen Seobaby lately?”

 

He smiled upon hearing the same endearment, some things never really change. Yonghwa moved his head a bit, “Probably?”

 

“It’s okay, Oppa…” Yoona laughed, “If you don’t want to divulge too much.”

 

“I think Taeyeon’s not very happy with my appearance, though.”

 

“Don’t worry about her, she’ll come around. So… are you and Seohyun—?”

 

“She’s with someone.”

 

“I know that, but what does it mean to you?”

 

Yonghwa looked at her and realized that he was being tested. He smiled and nodded, “It means I should respect what she wants… and… hang around… just in case…”

 

“I like the last part best…” Yoona smiled anyway, “I need to wake my baby boy up now… my break’s almost over, and I need to go too.”

 

“Yeah, nice talking to you…”

 

“You too…” She walked passed him but stopped just before getting to the door, “Don’t make that girl cry again, Oppa or I’d surely forget you’re Jonghyun’s hyung…”

 

“I might make her cry…” Yonghwa smirked almost conceitedly as Yoona raised an eyebrow so he shook his head, “Ani… I might make her cry, but happy tears… only happy tears…”

 

Finally, a smile drew on Yoona’s lips, “I like you more now,” she winked and turned the door knob.

 

~~~

 

Seohyun was drawing circles on her cup of milk tea with a spoon. Her desire to study left her moments ago and now, she did nothing but contemplate her actions lately. It gave her second thoughts on her decision to put Yonghwa back in her life and tarnishing her relationship with her sister on the process. Then, there was her boyfriend whose only fault is being that—her boyfriend.

 

She sighed. It was really a bad decision but being with Yonghwa, sneaking away with him has consumed her with joy that she couldn’t even understand. Like the thought of meeting him, of being with him and everything else have been giving her enormous amount of endorphin. “Oh god…” she found herself mumbling because it meant what it meant.

 

“A penny for your thought?”

 

The little mouse in her chest jumped up and down excitedly when she turned to find the reason of her confusion standing behind her. She smiled despite herself. For now, she would agree to disagree with her conscience. “Hi, Oppa…” Seohyun said almost with bated breath then she stood and walked and slipped her hands on the sides of his waist and dropped her head on his chest. Whatever her body was doing, it was probably acting on its own will.

 

“Hyun…” Yonghwa’s voice got caught in his throat when Seohyun embraced him. Of course it was good! So, he smiled and found his own hands resting on her back. “Is everything okay?”

 

Finally, Seohyun realized what she was doing so she pulled away, “I’m sorry… I was—“

 

Yonghwa ruffled her hair gently seeing her cheeks bursting pink, “It’s okay, I miss you too, Seobaby…”

 

“Hmmm…” she mumbled as she took her seat and noticed that he sat beside her and was now studying her. Seohyun rolled her eyes and finally he chuckled, “Oppa…. that didn’t happen, okay?”

 

“Yes, I was just imagining things…” Yonghwa forced himself not to laugh.

 

“So much for your amusement,” she sighed and gave him a tight-lipped smile, “How are you?”

 

“Better, because you’re here sitting beside me.”

 

“I should have brought my mush-o-meter?” Seohyun raised a brow and he laughed, “Seriously, Oppa. What’s going on?”

 

“You’ve read the reports, those are what all we know so far. The management’s working on it now.”

 

“But it was your song, Oppa!”

 

“I know… there are many possibilities why they did this. One of which is that they want to attach their name to us. But it still, it’s like someone’s telling you your kid is not yours.”

 

“Oh… yeah, but it’s yours and you know it.”

 

“Yes, and those songs are special…” he watched Seohyun’s gaze dropped on the cup in front of him. In one swift move, he could kiss her pinky cheek but he got hold of himself. “Anyway, this is not the only thing we would encounter in the future. In the end, this is part of our history.”

 

Seohyun nodded lifting her gaze back to his, “It must be hard being in the limelight. I see Yoona Unnie, she would looked tired and beaten… I wonder what makes her stay.”

 

“There are a lot of things, actually. I don’t think this is different from every other profession out there. It’s just a matter of accepting the setbacks.”

 

“You’re right. You must be very happy that you could make people hear the songs that you make.”

 

“On top of that, it’s my way of passing the message,” Yonghwa winked playfully.

 

She pursed her lips and said rather pensively, “Hmmm… I like your songs on Train Wreck… “

 

“Which do you like most?”

 

“If We Meet Again…” Seohyun held his gaze and nodded with a little smile, “I like that a lot…”

 

“Really? Did I ever tell you to whom I wrote that song for?”

 

“I think you made it clear when you told me to listen to them…”

 

“If I didn’t tell you that, would you have guessed that it was for you?”

 

“Hmmm… it would have given me overwhelming confusion.”

 

“And why is that?”

 

“Just because…”

 

“Just because what?”

 

“Aigoo, you’re teasing…”

 

“Come on,” Yonghwa nudged her lightly but cleared his throat signifying that he was serious, “Tell me why…”

 

“Because I don’t want to assume…”

 

“You have always been my muse, Hyun.” Yonghwa found himself looking down on her hand resting on the table but he didn’t do anything, instead he smiled. He must maintain that good distance, he must let Seohyun trust him again and to do that, he shouldn’t let her carry those confusions his actions would cause her. “By the way, I’m working on our next album.”

 

“You are? How’s it going so far?”

 

“Good… great, let’s say I’m inspired, very…”

 

“Glad to know that…”

 

“You’ll like them for sure…”

 

“I always like your music, Oppa. Will you let me hear them one day?”

 

“You’ll be the first…”

 

Time passed and they just noticed how late it was. Whenever they were together, they would talk of random things and random thoughts. Yonghwa tried so much to avoid ideas that would make her think too much about them or the possibilities. Though, this doesn’t stop him from inserting words and lines that could probably knock any girl off their feet but Seohyun just brushed him off or laugh it off.

 

Since Seohyun drove herself and Yonghwa had his own car, he decided to take her home by tailing behind her till they get to her house. He walked her to the gate of their house holding her hand.

 

“Thank you,” Seohyun motioned that she would be going in but Yonghwa was still holding her hand.

 

“No, thank you for keeping me company. This means a lot to me.”

 

“I’m always here, Oppa. Although, you have your friends and bandmates, I want to be there for you.”

 

“And I’m thankful for that. You are such a good person— an amazing one.”

 

“Aigoo, my ears are growing,” she smiled feeling the heat on her neck despite the coldness of the night, “I should go in and you better rest too.”

 

“Yes, thank you.” Yonghwa nodded and let go of her hand. Seohyun smiled tucking some strands of hair under her ear and took a step towards the closed gate. Suddenly, a cold wind brushed through him, he took hold of her wrist again catching her other hand to steady her. Seohyun looked at him, confusion written all over her face. Yonghwa smiled as he let go of her hand and gently held the side of her face. Softly, he bended down and let his lips drop on her cheek. Seohyun stood still as he kissed her gently closing his eyes until he felt her relaxed. He smiled for that moment he was kissing her cheek and he smiled some more feeling that she was actually smiling herself.

 

Yonghwa pulled away and looked at her as she opened her eyes still possessed by the moment, “Good night.”

 

“Yes, good night, Oppa.”

 

He bit his bottom lip seeing her smile that way as she turned away and disappeared behind the gate.

 

~~~

 

“Taeng, no… please…” Tiffany shook her head as she pressed harder on Taeyeon’s wrist.

 

“Fany-ah.”

 

She shook her head again seeing that fierceness on her bestfriend’s eyes as they the scene unfolded in front of them. “Let them be, Taeng.”

 

Taeyeon exhaled loudly as she let go of the car door handle then peeled Fany’s hand on her wrist. She couldn’t keep her eyes off the two as if waiting for Yonghwa to take his lips off her baby sister’s cheek. She was mad of course so she turned to Fany again, “I can’t sit here and watch—“

 

“You will sit there and watch!” Tiffany crossed her arms on her chest but ended up smiling sympathetically at Taeyeon. With a soft voice, she continued, “Look at her, Taeng… look at Seohyun… she’s happy…”

 

By then, Seohyun took a step back away from Yonghwa and she was smiling. Taeyeon just sighed and looked away for Tiffany was right—Seohyun seemed happy.

 

“I think you better come and sleep over.”

 

Tiffany finally said but she rolled her eyes, “No need for that. Don’t worry, I won’t bother my sister.”

 

“No, kitten…” Fany smiled, “You’re mad, I can tell… and don’t argue now, I’m taking you home with me.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...........................................................................

 

 

 

 

 

as always, thanks for the comments~

please dont get tired of giving this story one!

;)

till next time!!!!!