Finale

Not So New Girl

Being in a relationship with Jongin doesn’t really change her world dramatically Kyungsoo discovers. Everything is mostly the same, except they cuddle together on the couch and Jongin plays with her hair when they watch TV, share a few sweet kisses now and then, and sleep together in her room, rated pg-15 by the way.

Other than that, they still talk to each other the same way, Jongin still likes to join Sehun in teasing her and in return, she teams up with Kris to fight back. Jongin doesn’t seem to like that as much however, cutting short their playful banter.

But it has only been a day or so, there’s still more time for her to explore her relationship with Jongin. And she is definitely looking forward to that.

The morning after their first night together, Kyungsoo wakes up to the sight of a still sleeping Jongin, snoring softly. She might be a bit biased but she thinks no one else can look as handsome as her boyfriend when sleeping.

He has an arm draped over her waist protectively and initially his chin was on top of her head before she leans back to look at him. She doesn’t care if it makes her creepy, Jongin is hers so she can stare how ever she wants.

She’s not sure how good (or bad) she looks right now but if Jongin is going to love her, she decides he must love everything about her, from her bed hair or her not so y pyjamas and most importantly, her bare face. Besides, it’s not like he’s never seen it all. That’s the perk of dating one’s roommate she guesses.

Kyungsoo clears loudly, on purpose she might add, and it manages to wake Jongin up. He opens his eyes slowly, yawning unattractively (Kyungsoo still loves him nonetheless) and when he sees her, the beautiful smile she adores appears, his eyes crinkling a little.

“Morning.”

“Morning,” she breathes back, “Did you sleep well?”

“I did. Never slept better my whole life.” The smile is still there on his face and really, Kyungsoo won’t mind waking up to it everyday.

“Never in your whole life? Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure,” he says, biting his bottom lip provocatively, “because my life only just began yesterday when you became my girlfriend.”

He beams proudly then, as if he just won an award. If she thinks she’s seen Jongin at his cheesiest the day before, she’s obviously wrong. She starts to giggle, hiding her face in her hands because she’s sure her face is probably so red at that moment.

“Would you stop it already?”

“Stop what? The cheese?” he asks feigning innocence, moving his hand up to rest on her neck.

She giggles again, nodding because she can’t find her voice and Jongin’s hand on her neck is sending tingles to her spine.

“But it’s grate!” he chortles, eyes squeezed shut in glee, “Get it? Get it? Grate!”

“Oh my God, Jongin. Seriously, if you don’t stop, I’ll-“

“You’ll what?” he cuts in, smirking, “Just cut to the cheese, baby.”

Taken aback by the nickname, she tries to keep a blank face but there’s no stopping the blood from coming to her face. She chuckles softly instead, smacking him lightly.

“If I don’t stop, you’ll do what Soo?” he prods, now massaging her neck. It’s the one thing she discovers he likes to do after being in a relationship with Jongin in such a short time.

“No, I won’t say it,” she purrs, looking at him in a teasing manner, “You can’t milk it out of me.”

He gapes at her, the surprise is evident but only in a flash, it is soon followed by a laugh, the light-hearted one that makes Kyungsoo wonder if there’s something else that sounds as beautiful as that, well minus her voice.

“I love you, you know that?”

“Yes I know Jongin,” she smiles the smile she knows Jongin loves as much as she loves his, “And I love you too.”

--

Apparently, all of her roommates took the week off and Kyungsoo coincidentally doesn’t have to go to work either so everyone is home. Even so, Kyungsoo refuses to stay in bed the whole day. Not even Jongin’s pout and whining can change her mind as she pesters I have to clean the house Jongin. It’s a mess if you haven’t noticed. That successfully shuts him up as he hides under the covers while she heads to the bathroom.

Once she’s done showering, she doesn’t say it but when she sees the bed empty and finds Jongin wiping the kitchen counter, her heart swells and she thinks she could just take him there and then. But she’s a lady, so she settles with giving him a peck on the lips and nuzzling in his chest briefly.

By the time they’re almost finished cleaning up the kitchen, which would have taken much less time if Jongin hadn’t chosen to be immature and play around with the suds, Sehun comes out of his bedroom, yawning and stretching. When he sees them, he smiles cheerfully, “Good morning lovebirds.”

“Good afternoon, you mean?”

He looks at the clock on the wall, a gift from their mutual friend, and see that it is actually almost 1, “Oh yes it is. Then, good afternoon lovebirds.”

Neither Jongin nor Kyungsoo bother with a proper response as they hum nonchalantly and continue finishing up with wiping the dishes dry.

“So what are your plans for today?” Sehun asks after gulping down a chug of milk straight from its carton.

Kyungsoo can’t be bothered to nag at him so she just shrugs her shoulders and gestures for Jongin to answer, who glances at her before muttering, “I don’t know. What do you want to do Soo?”

“I don’t have any plans- Oh shoot!” she gasps, dropping the kitchen rag on the floor, “I need to meet up with Baekhyun unnie!”

How could she have forgotten, she berates herself. The night before, she had received a frantic text message from Baekhyun who heard from Joonmyun who heard from Kris about the previous day’s incident. Kyungsoo literally only managed to type ‘hi unnie’ before she received the call from said person.

“Why does it take so long for you to reply? Did you break a finger or something?” she screamed but Kyungsoo couldn’t get the chance to protest before she shrieked again, “What is this I hear from Joonmyun unnie that Chanyeol is a fraud and that her boyfriend single-handedly beat him up?”

Of course, Kyungsoo had no choice but to tell her everything – the truth and not whatever bull Kris told Joonmyun, leaving no details behind. Well except for Sehun cross dressing, because she promised and also that tiny little bit about how she and Jongin finally confessed to each other. Because really, Baekhyun doesn’t need to know that. But hey, at least Kyungsoo did mention that she’s now official with Jongin already. Best friend award of the year goes to her right?

After a half an hour of her cursing out Park Not So Chanyeol and then squealing excitedly about the new couple, Baekhyun finally ended the call but not before making Kyungsoo promise to see her the next day, which Kyungsoo, in her blissed state almost forgot until a few moments ago.

“Oh it’s late! I need to get going soon,” she pants, walking around the counter towards her room, leaving her boyfriend to stand alone by the sink.

A few minutes later, she reappears in the living room. By then, Jongin is already sitting on the couch with Sehun, watching some variety show re-run about guys eating non-stop, though she isn’t paying too much attention.

“I’m going,” she says, shuffling towards Jongin and leaning down to kiss him lightly.

“Come back soon. I’ll miss you.”

She giggles, putting on her coat, “I’ll miss you more.”

Sehun who’s been watching their exchange pretends to gag before making kissy faces, “No, I’ll miss you more!”

She leaves quickly after that just as Jongin grabs him on a chokehold. There is no way she’s going down to the police station again as a witness for another crime.

--

Despite almost forgetting about the meeting with Baekhyun, at least Kyungsoo still remembers where they’re supposed to meet. She feels a sense of nostalgia because she’s back at the same café again where not long ago she and Baekhyun met up.

Back then, Kyungsoo was still crushing on Jongin and Baekhyun had no idea whatsoever about it, but now it’s the opposite. How things changed, she muses.

Kyungsoo chuckles silently to herself, she’s not late after all as she sits and wait for her best friend to arrive. And when she finally comes, the first thing she does is to grab Kyungsoo and pull her in for a bone crushing hug.

“Oh my God, you’re not single anymore! About freaking time!” she screeches, tightening her hold on Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo coughs, on the verge of suffocating because Baekhyun is surprisingly strong, “U-unnie. Let me go.”

Alarmed, Baekhyun does as told, snickering when she sees Kyungsoo’s red face, “Oops, I’m sorry. Let’s sit down.”

A waitress comes to take their orders moments later and Kyungsoo takes the time to recuperate, she’s exaggerating of course but ahem, acting, before she smiles at Baekhyun, “So why can’t you wait until Monday to see me?”

“Huh?” Baekhyun who is distracted by the list of dessert on the menu responds before finally looking up at her, “Oh yes. No reason really. I’m bored. And besides, I need company to go grocery shopping.”

Kyungsoo chokes on air, coughing for the second time in ten minutes before she whines, “Unnie! That’s so mean. I thought you had something important to tell me!”

“This is payback for not telling me about Jongin sooner!”

Kyungsoo deflates, feeling guilty all of the sudden but Baekhyun places her palm on her hand, smiling, “Don’t feel too bad. I’ll forgive you completely after this.”

“Really?”

“Yes,” Baekhyun nods sincerely, dismissing the waitress, “Now put back that smile on your face. I’ll let you go back and be with your boyfriend before the day ends.”

Kyungsoo blushes, she hadn’t realised her thoughts is so obvious, “But seriously unnie, don’t think that now I have a boyfriend that I won’t hang out with you anymore.”

“Of course not. I’ll kill you if you don’t!” Baekhyun warns, but the corner of her eyes crinkle with laughter and Kyungsoo can’t help but to join in.

They stay at the café for another twenty minutes, talking about pointless and insignificant things. People would think it’s a waste of time but Kyungsoo knows otherwise, moments with Baekhyun where they exchange banters and bicker over aforementioned pointless and insignificant things, it’s something she treasures and will never say no to.

When their conversation dies down and Baekhyun excuses herself to the washroom, Kyungsoo decides to text Jongin.

To: Jonginlovewithme

14:17 I won’t be back soon. Going grocery shopping with unnie after this ^^

Her phone vibrates on the table just as she takes the final sip of her drink.

From: Jonginlovewithme

14:18 alright baby boo ( ˘ ³ ˘)  can u get something from the store for me, darling?

To: Jonginlovewithme

14:19 Suurre, what do you want?

Baekhyun still hasn’t returned to the table when her phone vibrates yet again so Kyungsoo quickly opens the new message.

From: Jonginlovewithme

14:21 I don't have any condoms. Can u get some? for 2nyte? (-o⌒)

To: Jonginlovewithme

14:21 WHAT

Baekhyun comes then, not bothering to sit back down as she pesters Kyungsoo that they should leave soon. Kyungsoo however holds her hand up, anxiously waiting for a reply, because what the hell?, thankfully it comes moments later.

From: Jonginlovewithme

14:23  OMG SOO, THAT WAS KRIS HYUNG AND SEHUN’S DOING!! I SWEAR! I WAS IN THE BATHROOM THE WHOLE TIME!

14:24 argh those two. Please don’t think I want you for that only

Kyungsoo laughs as she reads the messages and Baekhyun raises an eyebrow, “What’s funny?”

“My housemates are idiots,” she mutters, standing up finally and follows Baekhyun out of the café. Only when they’re waiting for the train to come does Kyungsoo take out her phone again, finding a new message notification.

From: Jonginlovewithme

14:26 please don’t break up with me (T o T)

She barely manages to type out a reply since her hand is shaking so much with laughter. Baekhyun just looks on worriedly, or perhaps it’s second hand embarrassment because Kyungsoo is being embarrassing really.

To: Jonginlovewithme

14: 34 calm down, I’m not breaking up with you. You’re stuck with me remember? Keke. Try not to kill them alright?

14:34 at least wait for me first ;)

14:35 but seriously, we need to set passcode on our phones

Just when she’s about to put back her phone in her bag because the train is supposed to arrive soon, she gets a new message from Jongin. Giving Baekhyun an apologetic look first, who smiles in approval, Kyungsoo reads it.

From: Jonginlovewithme

14:37 Yes we should. Which supermarket are you going to? I’ll come help carry the groceries. What are these guns for eh? (`へ´)ノ

Kyungsoo snorts, quickly typing a reply before linking arms with Baekhyun as they board the train, which thankfully isn’t packed so there are plenty of seats available. They continue to chatter endlessly all the way to their stop and then when they’re walking towards the store, where Kyungsoo not long ago planned to go grocery shopping but was deterred when she met ‘Chanyeol’.

Even though it was Baekhyun who suggested they go grocery shopping, in the end it is Kyungsoo who has a lot of stuff in her trolley. She lives with three other people after all. Not wanting to linger around the aisles any longer, Baekhyun tells her that she’ll go pay for her things first and wait for her outside.

Kyungsoo nods, chuckling because her best friend’s plan has backfired - it’s her who’s annoyed in the end. But because she isn't that evil, Kyungsoo quickly grabs everything she needs, not forgetting to get the snacks she knows the guys love, because she’s an awesome roommate like that, she hurries to the check out counter.

While the cashier busies herself with scanning the products, Kyungsoo stretches her neck to look over the other customers, trying to find Baekhyun who should be waiting for her and also to see if Jongin has arrived.

She doesn’t see her boyfriend but she does see Baekhyun, who’s talking animatedly with someone Kyungsoo has never seen before. It isn’t the first time that when they go out together, Baekhyun always manage to come across one friend or another. But usually, at least Kyungsoo has seen those friends before, but not this time.

She wrecks her brain trying to figure out who it is but when she comes up with nothing, she gives up. Saying thanks to the cashier, she proceeds to the two who’s standing by the newspaper stand just by the door.

“Unnie!” she calls out, panting because the groceries are heavy, “Sorry to keep you waiting.”

Baekhyun brightens immediately when she sees her, obviously glad that she doesn’t have to wait any longer but Kyungsoo thinks there’s another reason for that.

“Kyungsoo! Finally! Look who I just met while waiting for you,” she exclaims excitedly, gesturing to the tall guy next to her, “Ta-daa! Meet Park Chanyeol.”

Kyungsoo doesn’t drop her groceries dramatically but she does stare open mouthed at the grinning man.

“Hello, Kyungsoo-ssi. Nice to meet you.” He falters however when Kyungsoo continues to gape at him.

“Now, now Soo. Don’t be like that,” Baekhyun grins cheekily, turning to Chanyeol, “I’m sorry. My friend here is shy sometimes.”

Chanyeol laughs, his ears reddening, which somehow reminds Kyungsoo of Santa’s little helpers, “It’s fine.”

“So Kyungsoo, we were just talking while waiting for you. And you know what,” Baekhyun’s eyes shine brightly as she continues, “He just arrived in Korea because apparently his identity has been stolen and so he had to deal with the police here. What an interesting story right?”

Kyungsoo still doesn’t have any words to say so she settles with a few nods as Chanyeol mumbles, “It was a hassle really.”

Baekhyun laughs, patting his arm like they haven’t just met and his cheeks begin to redden too, except it would’ve been more obvious if not for the slight tan he supports.

“Would you mind if I tell Kyungsoo where you’ve been?” she asks Chanyeol, who shakes his head, still smiling.

“Okay good, so Kyungsoo, this man here has been in Mic- Micronesia?“ Baekhyun hesitates and when Chanyeol gives her a nod, she goes on eagerly, “Yes Micronesia. He’s a scientist looking for some cure for a disease over there.”

“I’ve been out in the wild and oblivious to the fact that someone’s pretending to be me all this time,” Chanyeol adds, smiling as if that fact doesn’t bother him at all.

Baekhyun giggles, pitch higher than normal and Kyungsoo suddenly realizes that her friend is flirting. Suddenly feeling like a third wheel, she coughs loudly, grabbing Baekhyun and Chanyeol’s attention, speaking for the first time, “That’s unfortunate Chanyeol-ssi.”

He nods and is about to say something else but his words are swallowed back when someone comes up to Kyungsoo, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

“Baby!” Jongin exclaims, kissing her cheek and Baekhyun giggles again at the show of affection, “Sorry it took me so long. Are you done?”

Before Kyungsoo can respond, Baekhyun cuts her off, “Jongin, hello! Yes, we’re done.”

“Hello,” he greets back politely, probably only noticing her presence. He raises an eyebrow however when he sees Chanyeol. Baekhyun seems to notice this too.

“Ah you must be wondering who this is,” Baekhyun starts, hands gesturing towards the tall man next to her, “Jongin, meet Park Chanyeol.”

“Park Chanyeol?” he squeaks, gawking back and forth between Baekhyun and Chanyeol, before deciding to pull Kyungsoo even closer, blabbering, “No no no no no! I’m not going through this anymore. Let’s go, Soo.”

She is then promptly dragged away, barely managing to say bye to her best friend and their new acquaintance, all the while with Jongin muttering under his breath there is no way I’ll let it happen again. Kyungsoo, you better stay away from that guy. Or whoever else is named Chanyeol. Or anyone that even looks half as creepy as him.

She just laughs, thinking that’d be impossible by the way her best friend looked at the man. Still she doesn’t protest when Jongin continue to pull her along towards the station, only stopping briefly when he realizes that Kyungsoo is still carrying the heavy grocery bags, relaxing finally when they board the train with no Baekhyun or Chanyeol following them.

--

When they arrive home, she doesn’t expect to get another surprise in store for her. This one comes in full force, literally, in the form of Luhan and Yixing running towards her as soon as the front door opens and then hugging the life out of her. Thankfully Jongin is right behind her so instead of the hard floor, her back comes in contact with Jongin’s outstretched hand, keeping her from stumbling backwards.

“Kyungsoo! I’m glad you’re okay,” Luhan wails, voice muffled in her coat.

Yixing who is hugging her from the side also seems to be crying, “We were so worried. We rushed back as soon as we finished work.”

Jongin laughs apathetically at them, walking past the human sandwich once he’s sure Kyungsoo isn’t going to fall backwards anymore.

Kyungsoo on the other hand cannot move a muscle as she gets squeezed harder by the two girls. She groans out loud and Jongin stops in his step and look worriedly at her but when she nods reassuringly, he shrugs and resume walking.

“Um can you let me go?” she croaks out, wriggling a little, “It’s hot.”

Yixing still in the midst of crying, thankfully hears her plea so albeit hesitantly, she drops her arms and steps back. Luhan has gone deaf apparently, as she ignores her even when Kyungsoo repeats her complaint. In the end, Yixing had to manually detach her housemate from Kyungsoo, who lets out a deep breath.

Knowing Luhan will attach herself back to her in no time, Kyungsoo quickly takes off her coat, tiptoeing to hang it on the hook nailed high on the wall, her roommates are the devils in disguise she swears, she smiles sweetly at Luhan and Yixing.

When they see her smile, the crying that hasn’t actually subsided, gets worse and the sniffling more embarrassing. Kyungsoo doesn’t protest when they stick themselves to her the second time, for once feeling like the eldest as she lovingly pats their heads and their hair.

“There, there,” she soothes, guiding them with difficulty towards the living room, “I’m fine. Don’t worry.”

Her three housemates are as expected lounging on the couches watching TV. Kyungsoo suspects Sehun hasn’t even moved at all since she left. They laugh softly when they see the two girls holding on to Kyungsoo and when she glares at them in return, they purse their lips immediately.

Jongin, bless him, takes it as a cue to join Kris and Sehun on one couch so Kyungsoo and co. can occupy the other one.

“Are you really okay?” Luhan sobs as soon as they are seated.

Kyungsoo sighs, getting tired of that same question, “Yes I’m fine seriously unnie.”

“B-but Minseok told me that guy tied you up on a chair.”

“Yes he did. But he didn’t hurt me,” Kyungsoo assures Luhan, thankful that at least Yixing has calmed down enough to let her go.

“That’s good. I’m glad,” Yixing exhales, wiping the tears off her eyes and cheeks.

Luhan doesn’t seem convinced however as she buries herself deeper in Kyungsoo’s neck, “But still, we were really worried. It’s part our fault after all!”

As if she was just reminded of the fact, Yixing’s face fall as she bobs her head, refusing to meet Kyungsoo’s gaze.

“But you didn’t know he’s a bad guy right? It’s not your fault, unnie.” Kyungsoo feels bad too, she’s been expecting this. She knew they’d be guilty when they come see her but she didn’t expect it to be this bad. She pouts at her roommates, hoping they’ll help her.

“Kyungsoo’s right,” Kris is the first to come to her rescue, “It’s not your fault.”

That doesn’t help however, he just repeated what she said, so of course not.

Sehun clucks his tongue, rolling his eyes at Kris, “Really noona, don’t feel so bad. We managed to catch the guy in the end right?”

“But Kyungsoo or one of you could have gotten hurt in the process,” Luhan wails, getting more depressed.

Kris smirks at Sehun and Jongin shakes his head dejectedly at them, confident that he’ll save the day, “But noona, if it weren’t for you two, Kyungsoo and I wouldn’t have got together.”

He has the right to be confident after all as both Luhan and Yixing look up at him, eyes bright and smiles threatening to break on to their faces.

“Yes, we’re together now,” Jongin affirms, beaming happily.

Just when Kyungsoo thinks she’s safe, Luhan and Yixing let out a loud squeal in her ears and proceed to hug her once more, crushing her even harder this time.

“Oh my God! Finally!” Yixing exclaims, calm and collectedly.

Meanwhile, Luhan puts on a weird mix of excitement and surprised expression, “FREAKING FINALLY! I THOUGHT I HAD TO WAIT FOR HELL TO FREEZE OVER FOR THIS TO HAPPEN! JONGIN YOU MANNED UP! I’M SO PROUD OF YOU. BUT IF YOU EVER HURT HER, BE PREPARED TO FACE MY WRATH. KYUNGSOO, OH MY DEAR KYUNGSOO, YOU WON’T BE SO LONELY AND PITIFUL ANYMORE. I WISH YOU TWO JOY AND HAPPINESS. MAY YOU LIVE TOGETHER FOREVER.”

It’s like all the crying never even happened by the time she finishes, huffing and puffing excitedly while everyone else in the room stare at her in shock.

“Um unnie, we’re not getting married. You don’t have to be so excited,” Kyungsoo deadpans, slightly embarrassed.

“I can be as excited as much as I want!” she whines and squeals alternately. Yixing seems to have given up on her roommate.

“Oh my goodness! Tell me how it happened!” Luhan continues, there is no sign of her excitement dying down anytime soon, “And when? How come did I not know this sooner?”

For the umpteenth time, Kyungsoo sighs, bracing herself to tell Luhan and Yixing the story, “He said-“

“Noona, noona, noona,” Sehun drawls lazily, spinning his phone around looking smug, “Why listen to her tale when you can watch it yourself?”

On his right, Jongin groans out loud and Sehun turns to him, “Oh what’s the matter hyung? I’m not breaking our promise here. I said I won’t tell our friends about it but technically, they are our neighbors. So…”

Kris laughs from the side and Kyungsoo too can’t help but to smile at the sight of Jongin holding himself back and Sehun proceeding to show the video to Luhan and Yixing, who snatches the phone away from him and scurrying to his bedroom so they can listen to it properly.

Jongin who just cannot be bothered anymore ignores the smirking Sehun, standing up and walking only to sit back down next to Kyungsoo who automatically snuggles closer to him.

“So what’s our plan for tonight?” she asks her housemates, smiling contently.

“Dinner.”

“Well duh,” she sneers, sticking her tongue out at Kris, “I mean what’s the plan for dinner?”

“Oh why didn’t you say so,” Kris grumbles, pointedly avoiding Jongin’s scowl aimed at him, “Yixing said earlier they want to have dinner here. Luhan invited her boyfriend and they asked me to invite Joonmyun too.”

“Right, okay,” she hums, skipping to the kitchen immediately to begin dinner preparation. Yixing and Luhan come out of Sehun’s bedroom a few minutes later, Yixing only smiles suggestively as she joins her in the kitchen to help out while Luhan proceeds to coo at Jongin is your heart still hurting Jonginnie?

The apartment gets rowdier after that. Sehun joins Luhan in teasing Jongin but not for long because a while later, Joonmyun arrives and their attention is fixated on her as Luhan make a fuss.

“Joonmyun-ssi,” Luhan greets the red faced Joonmyun, “You’re as pretty as I imagined. Kris has a good taste after all.”

Yixing who abandons the boiling pasta, much to Kyungsoo’s dismay, grabs Joonmyun in a hug too, “Yes you are very pretty. Oppa is very lucky to have you. He’s a good man, don’t worry.”

Everyone minus Kris, Joonmyun and Yixing, smirk knowingly because the former friends-with-benefits now have become friends-with-benefits-in-a-non-scandalous-way.

And all is well.

Except Sehun still exists.

“Joonmyun noona! Nice to see you again. You’ve met the girls I see, they’re our neighbors. Well, Yixing noona is actually hyung’s-“

“Best friend,” Kris interjects, gripping Sehun’s shoulder tightly, “She’s my best friend.”

Sehun cackles with laughter, “Yes they are best friends. Like me and hyung.”

Luhan and Jongin snort but remain quiet as Sehun glances sneakily at Kris, who nods glumly.

It then dawns on Kyungsoo what Sehun’s threat is to Kris. After all, he’s the only who hasn’t been told to keep mum about the cross dressing incident. She laughs to herself alone by the kitchen counter and add to the fact that she’s supposed to be crying instead because she’s in the middle of cutting onions, it just looks odd.

Jongin who’s been checking up on her every once in a while sees this and walk away from the crowd to approach her, “What’s going on?”

“Nothing,” she lies for now, deciding to tell him later, “Can you turn off the stove please? The pasta is going to be overcooked soon.”

“No problem.”

The food is ready half an hour later, quicker than it would have been if not for Yixing coming back to help, bringing Joonmyun along with her. Kris too helps set up the table, which he insists to Sehun and Jongin in a whisper I am not showing off to Joonmyun, I’ve always done this! He just gets an unconcerned pat on the shoulders from them of course.

Minseok who has been busy arrives late but just in time, shivering from the cold and as soon as he stops faces with Luhan, huffs loudly, “I swear every time I go out, snow falls. The weather hates me, seriously.”

At that, everyone rushes towards the window and for the first time they realize that Minseok is right, snow has fallen and most have settled on the pavement below. It’s just nobody bothered to look out the window to notice earlier.

After a flurry of introductions, which really is just between Minseok and Joonmyun and which both Kris and Luhan try keep as short as possible, they all squeeze around the dining table and begin their feast.

Kyungsoo had underestimated the amount of food to make however but Minseok had thankfully brought fried chicken with him, which gets Jongin jumping in joy. Kyungsoo gives him a look that says isn’t my kimchi spaghetti enough for you or do you want to lose cuddling rights? He pouts and Kyungsoo finds herself melting at the sight, sighing as she gives him all her share.

On her other side, Kyungsoo hears Joonmyun whisper to Kris, “Do you want chicken oppa?”

Sehun who apparently heard it too snickers, “No, noona. He doesn’t like chicken.”

“Aw, but I’m full,” Joonmyun scrunches her face cutely before looking up with bright eyes at Sehun, “Do you want some?”

Sehun says yes excitedly and is just about to push his plate towards her when Kris screams a tad too loud, “NO. Here, give it to me. I’ll eat it!”

All the girls besides Joonmyun shake their heads, probably thinking how embarrassing. Well at least Kyungsoo thinks that and once more she wonders how in the world can Joonmyun not see how smitten Kris is with her. It’s just ridiculous, she thinks.

Too busy judging Kris and Joonmyun however, she doesn’t see Jongin dropping off some of the chicken back on her plate. It’s the same for her after all.

Their mini party ends a couple of hours later. They crowd together in the living room after dinner, talking loud over each other. Yixing and Luhan continue to fuss over Joonmyun, because really, if Kyungsoo wasn’t already friends with her, she would want to know more about the girl Kris fell head over heels with too.

Speaking of whom, him and Sehun keep on bothering Minseok about the identity theft case. The detective of course couldn’t say much about it, instead he just gives them the gummy smile Kyungsoo is slowly getting used to, while sharing surreptitious glances with Luhan once in a while across the room.

Kyungsoo and Jongin meanwhile, snuggle close together on the couch, too close in fact. She might as well just sit on his lap. They don’t talk as much as the others, Kyungsoo choosing to observe everyone closely and Jongin’s head lolling slowly in drowsiness.

By the time Jongin finally falls asleep and is leaning on her side, Joonmyun and Kris have managed to flee from their companions, sticking together on the other couch instead. Luhan who has been gazing intensely at Minseok with hooded eyes, stands up abruptly, striding towards him before pulling him up.

“Let’s go!”

Minseok doesn’t get to say anything as he lets himself be dragged by Luhan out of the apartment, presumably back towards hers and Yixing’s as the latter hollers, “Don’t be too loud, I need my beauty sleep!” Joonmyun gets red in the face as the implication dawns on her and Kris laughs at her teasingly.

Soon, everyone else take their leave. Sehun retires to his own room and Yixing back next door, though not before jokingly asking Kyungsoo if she can sleep with her for the night but Jongin who wakes up suddenly after hearing that shoos her out, “No, she’s mine! Get your own Kyungsoo!” Yixing leaves after that, cracking up.

Joonmyun hugs her goodbye before leaving too and Kris volunteers to walk her back. This time, neither Kyungsoo nor Jongin about it figuring the guy deserves a break. At least for one night. 

Alone at last, Jongin who’s slightly more awake now croons, “Bedroom?”

Kyungsoo smiles in response, walking ahead of him in the direction of her bedroom. They make out lazily on her bed, which is good because Jongin’s too busy with his mouth to make any more cheesy comments. Although really, Kyungsoo won’t mind (as much).

They finally succumb to sleep just before midnight, mutually agreeing to take their relationship slow and steady. Besides, they’ve got (hopefully) forever.

--

Kyungsoo spends the next day cleaning up the apartment some more, Sehun helping her out occasionally, which really is whenever she needs him to get something too high for her reach and she’s too lazy to grab a chair to stand on. It won’t be Kyungsoo to let him just laze around all day anyway.

Kris comes back to the apartment around noon, still in last night’s clothes. She hadn’t even realize he wasn’t even at home. Of course there is no question to where he stayed the night as Sehun mutters under his breath, “Whipped.”

Her beloved boyfriend whom Kyungsoo doesn’t miss, nope not at all, has left about one hour, thirteen minutes and fourteen seconds ago, and counting. But no, she hardly even notice he’s gone.

Jongin had panicked earlier in the morning when he discovered that he doesn’t have any clean underwear left in the apartment because he in all his stupid glory left most of his clothes back at his sister’s place. So having no choice- well he could borrow either Sehun’s or Kris’s, but no, he had to go there and bring all his stuff back.

Nevertheless, Kyungsoo is still in a good enough mood to make lunch for herself and her two roommates. As the three of them sit around the dining table, even without Jongin, she finds herself smiling and laughing as they talk about the past.

“Ah, remember the first time we met at that bar?” Kris asks Kyungsoo, who flushes automatically because it’s not something she is proud of. Sehun laughs as he too remembers what Kris meant although he wasn’t even at said bar.

When Kyungsoo doesn’t respond, Kris babbles on, “I still laugh whenever I think about it. You were drunk out of your mind, alone and cursing out your ex-boyfriend. I went up to you and introduced myself. I don’t know if you remember but we talked for a bit and then I suggested we go back to my place… well, here and you agreed willingly.”

Kyungsoo is hiding her face in her hands when Sehun sniggers, “That was the funniest thing, I was surprised when hyung brought a drunk girl home, like really drunk. Before he can even bring you to his room, you just began sobbing on the floor and he had to drag you to the couch instead.”

Both of them are now laughing hysterically and Kyungsoo’s cheeks are heating up way too much she can’t even tell them off.

“And then you started just spilling out everything about that cheating bastard and how you need a place to live and all that and the three of us had no choice but to listen-“

“Wait, the three of you?” Kyungsoo interrupts, eyes widening as she looks up at them, “I don’t remember Jongin being there.”

Sehun shakes his head, “No, no. He was. He just wasn’t sitting on the couch with us. He was in the kitchen all along watching everything unfold silently.”

“Oh.”

“And then when you finally fell asleep, I went on to carry you to my room but he snapped at me,” Kris recalls, staring at his glass blankly, “He thought I was going to take advantage of you. But of course I wasn’t going to, it wasn’t my intention in the first place when I brought you back. You just looked pitiful you know.”

“I was heartbroken okay?” Kyungsoo whimpers, pouting reflexively.

“Yes I know. It was very obvious,” Kris snickers, retracting his feet just in time before she can kick him under the table, “Where was I? Oh yes, so I carried you to my room and I had to sleep in the living room that night because Jongin decided to be a gentleman and made me promise. How cruel.”

Kyungsoo blushes yet again but this time for an entirely different reason. She hadn’t realize until now that she doesn’t actually know the full story of her first meeting with her current roommates. Finally knowing the truth, her heart flutters even more.

“I don’t remember a lot from that night. I just know I woke up with a massive headache in a stranger’s bed and when I went out of the room, there was only you oppa.”

“Ah, Jongin and I had work that morning I think,” Sehun remarks, nodding to himself as if confirming the thought, “Now that I think of it, wasn’t it him who suggested we ask noona to be our roommate hyung?”

 “Yes, he did! I remember now! We were coincidentally looking for a roommate too,” Kris breathes, mouth hanging open.

Sehun gasps suddenly, smacking and rattling the table in the process, “Oh my God! Do you think-”

“Oh !” Kris sputters, head snapping around to look at Kyungsoo, “He was already interested in you then?”

They burst into laughter again when all Kyungsoo does is hide her face in her hands once more, but they can still see her flaming cheeks anyway.

When Jongin comes back home later, raising an eyebrow at the still red faced Kyungsoo and pecking her lips, Kris and Sehun share a look, simultaneously grinning, “Whipped.”

--

Much, much later when they’re heatedly making out on the couch and Kris and Sehun stumble upon them, the former growls, “Please guys, get a room. You have two options in this apartment, geez, seriously.”

Kyungsoo pulls away from Jongin, smirking as her eyes twinkle mischievously, “Jongin ah, when it’s time we move forward with our relationship, do you mind moving my bed to the wall adjacent to oppa’s room first?”

Jongin and Sehun hold back their laughter as Kris’s face fall at the implication.

“Payback's a .” 

 

 

A/N: It's finished at last! After purposely taking time to write this last chapter finally I had no choice but to put it up T-T  I don't want to say a lot of things (you're probably tired to read anymore by now) so I'll try keep it short.

Thank you soooo much for all the comments, upvotes, subscribes, recommendations, submissions, or whatever else you do for this fic. I cannot stress enough how I appreciate them. To the loyal commentors, please know that you helped a lot with the writing process, so thank you. I hope I'll see one (or two or three even) final comments from each of you :D

To the silent readers, it's never too late to leave comments now ;) but you don't have to of course 

Lastly, in case some of you don't remember and is confused by the last part, read chapter 1 again. hehe.

Bye! 

 |_・)

Edit: If anyone's interested enough, I made a blog post regarding the side pairings in this fic (krisho and xiuhan) though not a side story ^^