wish...

#01 Until you came

 

*Prom day…. Mrs. Kim knocks loudly on his son’s door saying “Kangin-ah wake up, you have to buy your new shoes for tonight’s prom… then when you return start preparing for it you don’t want to disappoint that pretty best friend of yours right….”  Then she left… Didn’t she know Kangin’s already awake and just lying on his bed, looking up the ceiling. “How will I confess to her??” Kangin sighed

 

KANGIN’S POV AND IMAGINATIONS…

     Romantic music started to play… I went near to her and asked her to dance with me… I held her soft, warm hands and walk to the middle of the dance floor… I placed her hands on my shoulders and my hands on her waist… we started to dance, following the soft music that plays around the whole place. I can’t help but to look at her and be astonished by her look… She’s wearing a baby pink colored knee high dress that match her hair that were curled and some of it were tied to the sides, and her white silver heels that made her look more feminine that complements her whole attire for the event. After some minutes I gather up my courage so I can confess my feelings for her…

“Rui- shii…”

“What is it oppa?” She replied

“Sa…Sarang…” Wait that’s too direct, let’s change it.

“Umm… Rui I know that were best friends since were in 1st Grade….time really passed by so fast and now where in our junior year…. But… Since I first saw you I fell and still deeply in love to you… since the first time we met each other… Rui-shii … will you be my girl??”

Gaaakkkk!! Too cheesy…. My mom interrupted my thoughts and yelled “Kangin, better get ready and buy that shoes so you can fetch Rui earlier…”

I just sigh and started to get ready,,, I’ll just think of some other ways…

 

END POV and IMAGINATION

After eating breakfast… Kangin left and went to the nearby mall… while choosing which shoe looks better with his suit… someone jumps behind him…

“Hey Kangin!! This is the day I guess…” Yesung greeted him…

“Well… Yeah I guess...” Kangin replied

“What’s with the pale look Kangin?? You’re not going to kill someone ok? Good luck for later …” Leeteuk smiled

“We will be watching how you will confess that long love of yours…. See you…” Yesung smirked and left with Leeteuk.

Kangin smiled and wave goodbye before started choosing again.

***********

After paying for the shoes… He decided to just go to an Ice cream shop so he can relax and can think a better way to confess… Just then he heard some familiar voices coming from the counter. He looks around and saw Hyukjae and Eunna buying some ice cream nearby. 

“Hey Hyuk-berry I want the strawberry flavor… “Eunna smiled cheekily

“Ok… Then it will be two strawberry ice creams please….” Hyukjae ordered

 

KANGIN’ S POV

*sigh* those two really can act sweetly even when there are a lot of people around. I wish someday me and Rui can be that sweet to each other…But before I think about those kinds of stuff I need to think some more ways to confess to her…

END POV

Then he saw Eunna and Hyukjae coming towards him. “Hey oppa!” Eunna approached him. He just smile back at them and asked if they could share the table with him… “Hey, have you figured out on how you will confess to Rui that love of yours?” Hyukjae asked teasingly.

“Well I’ve been thinking about that lately…..” Kangin confessed

“You know what oppa I’ll give you an advice…” Eunna started.” Rui is a simple kind of girl… and that’s why many people liked her… that’s why you don’t need to act cool or act differently than usual just to please her. Don’t copy those guys who will confess in different way because if Rui will accept your confession, it’s not because of the way you confessed but the real Kangin who loved her since the first time you saw her, the one who’s always on her side, supporting, protecting, and making her happy. And not that Kangin who will confess to her as the cool or other act you’ll make. Confess to her like your heart is talking to her…. Just be yourself oppa and for sure she will see your true feelings for her…” Eunna stated with a smile as she ate her strawberry ice cream.

“She’s right…” Hyukjae added.

“Well Eunna I guess that’s your greatest advice ever…” Kangin smirked that made Eunna pout…”But thanks for the advice… I’ll think about it….see you at the party later…” And he left leaving the two alone.

 

Kangin arrived at their house and slumped himself on the couch

“I’m going to confess to her…” And with that Kangin closed her eyes.

 

It’s already 5:15 in the afternoon when a knock was heard from Rui’s door….Mrs. Jun opened the door to see a handsome man in his white suit smiling back at her…

“Good afternoon Auntie…” Kangin greeted her formally

“Wow! My Rui’s Kangin is definitely handsome tonight….” Mrs. Jun complimented him making Kangin blushed

Mrs. Jun chuckled because of Kangin’s behavior and said “No need to be shy Kangin-ah… I’m just saying the truth… By the way, she’s still upstairs Just wait for a while ok?” And she left

 

Kangin just sit on a couch and waited until he heard some clacks of heels coming down from the stairs. He raised his head up and surprise to see Rui coming towards him. Her long black hair was curled and some of it was braided. She’s wearing a glitterish baby pink knee high dress and white with silver heels that has a fake diamond at the middle of it… Kangin was really astonished to see her… She’s so pretty in Kangin’s eyes.. Rui smiled at him… “Hey oppa stop staring and let’s go or we’ll be late.” Kangin held her hand and enter the cab.

They were still holding each other’s hands when they arrived at the veniew. The second they stepped out of the cab they already spotted their friends waiting for them at the entrance.

“Woah Rui-ah… You look so pretty… we didn’t realize you’re this pretty…” Yesung complimented her.

“Well oppa I didn’t know you’re this also kind of guy who will use those sweet talks… no wonder you won Ryeowook oppa’s heart because of that…” Rui smirked

“Well not really...” Yesung smiled

“But really Rui we agree about what had Yesung said… You’re really beautiful tonight… This is the first time we saw you wear that make up and stuff and it really suits you…” Leeteuk said earning some nods from Siwon and Hyukjae.

“Hmm thanks for that oppa but maybe you should start moving and approaching them or else you will not have that romantic night that I’m sure you’ve been planning since this prom was announced.” Rui said as she eyed the 3 girls who left their lovers behind. The 3 guys run after them making Rui, Yesung, Kangin and Ryeowook burst out laughing as the 3 boys started explaining while the 3 other girls doesn’t give them any mercy. They entered the hotel and was astonished at how well decorated the lounge is.

Just then a very nice song started to play… “Hey Rui that song….” Kangin smiled

“I know oppa that’s my favorite song…” Rui smiled back

Kangin moved and position in front of Rui before asking her hand for a dance… of course the latter accepted it and they went at the middle of the dance of the dance floor… Just like what Kangin had imagined… Kangin placed Rui’s Hands on his shoulders before placing his hands on her waist… It’s like they are in heaven… dancing so swiftly just moving with the song… Kangin really doesn’t want to end this moment… While dancing,,, “ I still remember when you first had this song in your ipod and phone you started playing again and again for a whole week…” Kangin chuckled softly… “Well you know how I love Dongbanshinki’s songs especially this one,,, the message of this song is so pretty…” Rui exclaimed

“What’s the title again?”

“Wish of dbsk its so touching” Kangin can’t help but smile seeing this side again of Rui sighing dreamly about her idols.

I just wish that my love for you that I will confess will be returned…. I really love you Rui-ah…

 

Kangin thought, he decided to gather his courage for his confession and about to confess when the announcer said “Ok you should change your partners now…” and with that Kangin sigh in defeat and twirled Rui around.

“Hey oppa…” Eunhyun smiled

“Hey…” was all Kangin can say for the time…sadness can clearly hear from his voice. While dancing Eunhyun can see how sad Kangin is so she asked about it. Kangin stated what happen and received a little chuckle from the latter. “Don’t worry oppa the night is still long… you can still confess to her…” Eunhyun laughed

Kangin smiled and thanked her before twirling her around to get another partner. When it’s his 6th change of partner, he decided to sit back at their place and rest for a while. Just then someone sit beside him and smiled before offering a drink to him.

“Here oppa you look worn out already…” Rui exclaimed

He took the drinking glass and mouthed Rui a thank you before drinking it. After some minutes he turned his gaze to the one sitting beside him who’s looking at their friends dancing happily at the sound of ‘Off my mind’. Kangin realized they’re alone for now and smiled happily. Taking advantage of the time, Kangin layed his head on Rui’s shoulder and close his eyes, savoring the moment. He didn’t see Rui blushed because of the close proximity and secretly smile her gentle smile. Love and sweetness surrounds them. Just when they’re already in their relaxed settings when a guy chose this moment to interrupt them and broke the scene…

“Hi Rui-ah….” The said guy greeted her.

“Annyong haseyo Sungmin oppa…” Rui greeted back

“Hey Hyung….”Sungmin greeted Kangin who just gave him a cold look.

“Hey… Can we dance?”Sungmin asked as he returned his attention back to Rui.

Sungmin held out his hand asking Rui for a dance…. Rui smiled and join Sungmin at the middle of the dance room.

 

Kangin knows that Sungmin and Rui are just friends now, but he can’t erase the fact that they had past and for God’s sake he’s the one who hurt her…..Jealousy is taking over again inside him. Siwon and the others, dancing nearby, saw the change in his facial expression a while ago; they decided to go near him but were surprised when Kangin left…

(A/W: So common scenario right?... I know sorry… I’m running out of ideas when I made this part so bare with me… )

Being the easily-get-jealous type he decided to go in the small garden maze of the hotel… It’s just a simple maze with a fountain at the middle of it so he can easily find his way out if necessary.

He sat at the fountain’s border and starts to think things that will make his anger and jealousy disappear.

 

 

 

 

 

KANGIN’S POV

     Aishh!!! I really hate this times when this stupid jealousy is taking over me… but…. It hurts… Like… my heart is being torn and burn at the same time. I know that Sungmin already have someone that he loves, but still Rui’s ready to meet him. She’s not done in moving on from their break up. He hurt her…. But she just pretends that she’s ok….. That’s everything’s ok…. She hid all her tears away just to hide her weakness… She hid it from us… but still I’m glad that she open up and cry in front of me… I’ve seen her cry so many times, from the times when she was scolded by her parents, for being childish because she wants something, from the times when she had a wound because of being tripped when we we’re young.. To when her 1st crush had a girlfriend…. from the times when I scold her and make fun of her…. Until that time when she cried after work… I was there… yeah…I can tell that she’s a cry baby and childish when we were young…but she changed and told me that she will become strong and will not show her weakness to anyone ever again… that’s why I’m happy when she chose to cry in front of me because she knows how I can handle that side of her…. But still those tears never failed me to feel hurt and pain…to see those tears falling from her beautiful eyes… to see those bloodshot eyes of her after she cries… makes me feel hurt and weak…. I don’t want to see that kind of Rui again… I wish to protect her and make that smile of hers appear always on her lips… I want to be the only one for her so that she will never cry again… But…. How will that happen if I can’t confess this feeling of mine to her because someone keeps on interrupting us?! Aissshhh!! *sigh*

END POV

His thoughts were cut by the loud ringtone coming from his phone…

Hajiman jinan apeun sarange ajigeun manhi himideungabwa~ Ijeneun niga jageun bichi dwaejullae?~ Saerowoon heemangin dwaejullae?~……

“Yeobosaeyo?”

……

“Yeah”

…..

“I’m in the garden…”

…..

“Nope, not with me, wae?”

….

“Bwo?! Where is she? Have you start looking for her?”

….

“Ok ….fine…. I’ll be right there”

 

And with that he ended the call and run back to the dance hall. He didn’t notice that his wallet fell… Someone went near to it and took the wallet… that person place something in it and left.

At the Dance Hall….

 

Kangin arrived… and look at his friends... He can’t hide how worried he is right now…. She’s missing… Rui’s missing… and no one knows where she is….

“Where is she? Have you looked around already?” Kangin asked worriedly

“We don’t know… when the MC announced something for the last dance she excused herself and said that she’ll be going to the bathroom to retouch but she didn’t come back...” Eunna stated

“Jekyo entered the Girls’ bathroom but she’s not there….” Leeteuk said

“We search anywhere for her but we didn’t found you….” Yesung said

“And we decided to call you… to check if you’re together…” Siwon spoken

“I’m all alone in the garden… Aigoo… where is she?”

Everyone look at him with pity

“Relax Kangin-ah… I know she’s ok… we’ll find her…” Eunhyun patted his back to comfort him.

“She already left to go home….” Sungmin butted out of nowhere.

Everyone look at him suspiciously… He just sighed and gave Kangin the wallet.

“Ok guys before you kill me… Rui talked to me some minutes ago… She said that she’ll be going home because things starts to get boring and this party is not for her taste… and that no need to worry she’ll head straight home… Then she gave this to me saying “Return this to Kangin and tell him to take care of his things” she also said that have fun tonight and just tell her some stories when you meet each other again… Now it’s up to you if you will kill me or not….”

Sungmin eyed the 8 person in front of him before saying… “Guess not… Then I’ll be going mission accomplished” and with that he left the group.

The prom ended wonderfully… Everyone had a nice evening… Except for Kangin…. He didn’t confess the love that he wants to confess to her… On the way home… Siwon and Eunhyun gave him a ride and drop him on front of his house…

“There’s still hope oppa… Just wait and time will come you’ll be together…” Eunhyun smiled and left.