The Start of Everything

#01 Until you came

 

In Kangin’s classroom…

            “Now I have no chance… how will I confess my feelings for her if she already has that Lee Sungmin as his boyfriend?” Kangin buried his face in his arms that were crossed on the table.

“Maybe it’s better if you tell her that you love her on the prom? I mean even though Sungmin’s studying here also with us it’s possible that their relationship will not last that far when they had just met each other, right?” Leeteuk said. “I don’t know what to do anymore…” Kangin sighed. “Hey Kangin she’s coming… don’t let her see that kind of face of yours or she’ll get confuse…” Siwon warned Kangin. Just then Rui jumped and hug Kangin from the back. “Kangin oppa…” she said as she hugged her oppa.

“What is it Tan-Tan?” Kangin asked her as he held Rui’s arm that was wrapped around him.

KANGIN POV

            Huh… I really like it when I call her Tan-Tan. It’s been years since I started calling her using that name. The truth is she really likes raccoon stuff toys so much same with everything that has raccoon pictures on it. She always says that raccoon stuffs are very rare to see unlike cats, puppies and so on… That’s why every year I always give her raccoon stuff on her birthdays as a gift. Her nickname came from the Japanese word Tanuki which means raccoon because she also loves Japanese things. One of her dreams is to have a vacation in Japan and buy a lot of mangas and anime dvds… such a childish dream right?... But really I missed her calling that… Such raccoon herself that likes to play a lot.

 END POV

 

  

“Let’s go to the mall… I heard there’s a new movie showing at the cinemas and besides I really want to buy that new album of Dongbanshinki…” Rui asked her oppa with pleading words and puppy eyes…

*sigh* ….That boy band is really lucky to have Rui as one of their loving and loyal fans…

“Ok, we’ll go tomorrow since it’s our day off at the restaurant” Kangin nodded

“Yay!!!! Eunna and Eunhyun-sshii will also come with their lovers, right Siwon oppa, and Eunhyuk oppa?” Rui point at the two guys listening to them and nodded in agreement. “Yay! Let’s consider this as a group date ok?” Rui announced

“But what about Sungmin oppa… did you already ask him about this plan?” Eunna asked

“Well… He doesn’t need to know because he’s not going… We broke up a week ago…. Since then we don’t have any communications with each other anymore” Rui said.

“Mwo?!!” both girls gasped

“It’s ok. We don’t have any bitter feelings towards each other in fact we’re still friends. The reason why he broke up with me because he already found the right person for him.. He already introduced to me his lover and I find them cute together… We are still friends and we don’t have hard feelings to each other…. Hmmm… that Cho Kyuhyun looks perfectly handsome no wonder Sungmin oppa fell in love for him…” Rui explained.

All of them look at her with a little sadness in their eyes…

“But Rui-sshii…” Eunhyun started ”you can’t avoid meeting him or bumping onto him at the corridors… he’s also a student here not to mention his popularity is high… many girls will follow him around is it ok for you?”

“Well.. his popularity is not my problem anymore… and so what if we see each other… like I said we’re ok with each other… no hard feelings and we’re friends” Rui smiled

 “Then who will be your date if Sungmin is not coming anymore?” Eunhyuk asked

“Kangin oppa will be my date tomorrow, Right oppa?”

“Ok…ok.. Now go to your classroom before Ms. Lee arrives…” Kangin answered as he pat Rui’s head gently.

“Ok, See you later oppas!!” the 3 girls bade goodbye as Rui hugged Kangin one last time and left

“Looks like god has given you another chance huh?” Siwon stated “So you better confess that stupid love of yours to her already…” Eunhyuk added.

But Kangin just ignored the two and smiled thinking he and Rui will have a date tomorrow… like a couple…

 

 

 

Dismissal…..

Kangin and Rui bid goodbyes to their friends and left to their part time job at a restaurant….

“Welcome!!!” Both of them greeted the entering costumers cheerfully.

“Rui-sshii~” greeted the guy

“Oh…. It’s you Sungmin oppa, Kyuhyun oppa… long time no see…” Rui smiled at the costumers

“Yeah, it’s been like what? 2 weeks?” Sungmin chuckled

“Yeah… so how are you? Are you having your date?” Rui smirked

“Well…. Yeah… Sort of…” Kyuhyun replied while blushing

“Yah!! Rui-sshii!!” Kangin called her but surprised to see Sungmin and Kyuhyun talking to her.

“Oh hey oppa… Do you still remember him?” Kangin looked at Rui and turn his glance to the two guys

“Yeah… I guess so… Sungmin right?” Kangin said coldly.

“hehe… nice to meet you again hyung…” Sungmin greeted

“ehem… so, Min oppa what are your orders?”Rui asked them.

“You picked Kyu~” Sungmin looked at kyuhyun smiling eyeing his boyfriend as he picked their orders.

After Kyuhyun gave their orders Rui assisted them to their chairs and enter the kitchen. Kangin followed Rui asked “Hey… Are you ok Tan-Tan?” Kangin looked at her worriedly because she looks like she’s going to cry anytime.

“Of course oppa I’m ok… just help me with their orders…Please?” she replied

“Promise? You’re ok? “Kangin asked again as he help her with the orders

“Promise… now…stop asking nonsense and start working.” Rui said and left to serve the orders

Even though Rui doesn’t tell anything, kangin can see that Rui has this hurt inside her that she keep on hiding…He can see it in her eyes. So after their work kangin asked Rui to accompany her to a shop and asked her to wait outside. When he came back he’s already holding a small, Blue, paper bag that made Rui curious but she just brushed it off and followed kangin to a park….

“I really hate it when you hide something from me or pretend in front of me” Kangin said as he sat on a swing beside Rui.

“What are you saying oppa?”

“You can cry here… No one’s around to see you cry…”

After what kangin said…Rui lowered her head…it’s so quiet around place that’s why Rui’s sobs can clearly hear. When Kangin heard her sobs he can’t helped but to kneel down in front of her and hug her…

“It’s ok Rui…” Kangin started to say “I know it really hurts to see someone you love is now with another person…It’s ok” He comforted her “You know…You really love someone when you want him to be happy even though his happiness means you’re not being a part of it but someone else…”

KANGIN’S POV

I know Rui feels bad right now because of what happened between her … and … Sungmin. But I also know that after this, She will smile again, move on and leave those bitter memories in the past..

END POV

Kangin keeps on hugging her rubbing her back in circles knowing that this simple gesture will make Rui calm. Kangin heart was hurt seeing this girl cry because of the man who she loved.. But for now this is the only thing he could do… to share her pain with him… to be always by her side to protect and calm her… To be an important person to her… to be just her Best friend…

“Gwaenchana?”

But Rui didn’t answer back… Her head is still lowered…But now he can only hear the sobs a while ago turned to little sniffs. After a while she raised her head and smiled

“I’m ok now oppa thanks…”Rui said

“Now promise me you’ll never do that again ok?”

“Yaksokhae”

 “Well since you’re a good girl…” Kangin gave Rui the paper bag “here…”

“What’s this oppa?”

“just open it…”

Rui opened it and pulled out a raccoon stuff toy “Kamsahamnida oppa” Rui thanked him and kiss him on the cheek. Kangin blushed extremely red as he stare at Rui who’s already playing stuff toy like a little girl…

                                                            ***********

Kangin took Rui home and left with a big smile on his face… He called Siwon and Hyukjae and told them what happened.

Siwon: I can’t believe Rui will cry because of that guy…

Hyukjae: Yeah…I mean… I never saw her cry

Kangin: She was really hurt

Hyukjae: But why did she hide that to us? I mean we can help her move on….

Siwon: Maybe because she doesn’t want us to worry you know…

Kangin: Yeah… so you better not tell this to Eunhyun and Eunna…. Or else…

Hyukjae: Hey kangin hyung!

Kangin: what???

Hyukjae: She kissed you right?

Siwon: Mwo?!

Hyukjae: Are you listening to him while he’s telling us the story a while ago?

Siwon: of course hyung…

Kangin: Yeah but only on the cheek…

Siwon: for sure you’re smiling right now hyung….

Kangin: yah!!! Shikuro! Aishh… I’m going to hang up… let’s just go to sleep because we will need a lot of energy tomorrow

Both Siwon and Hyukjae agreed and hang up… kangin just stare at the ceiling… thinking about what will happen tomorrow…