thirteen: yogurt

Instant Noodles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

thirteen: yogurt

 

I feel absolutely ashamed right now and not because I let Kris inside, made chicken soup for him and hadn’t bothered to kick him out yet but it’s because I cried in front of him after doing all of the aforementioned stuff. It had been a good 30 minutes of me bawling my heart out in his arms and now that I had regained consciousness, I had covered my face with my hands as I lay on the sofa; Kris no longer straddling me (thank god). He sat at the other end, patting my legs, as if to get me to sit up as well but I was frozen. I was frozen beyond comparison.

“Please, don’t talk to me right now.” I said in a very monotone voice once I got my bearings straight, and by that I mean that I no longer sobbed like a baby. “I refuse to believe that I cried in front of you, so please, forget whatever happened just now.”

Kris chuckled lightly which made me even more embarrassed. He laughs at my misery! See how evil he really is?

“What happened is something I will never forget.” He said and I groaned in frustration, kicking my legs so he wouldn’t pat them anymore. As comforting as it feels, it’s making me even more unwilling to look at him. I sat up, facing away from him.

“I’m going to wash my face.” I said in a rush as I tried to stand up, but he grabbed my arm and pulled me back down. I flopped back to the sofa, colliding with him. “Oof!” And then, I realized that I was looking at him now. I blushed.

“Your face seems fine to me,” He smiled, “Better than mine.”

“’Scuse me?” I gawked at him, wondering what the hell he was referring to. His face is squeaky clean, germ-free and obviously not blemished with signs of crying. “You look fine.”

“Oh, do I?” He wiggled his eyebrows and I dropped my mouth wide open.

“Christ!” I gasped, trying to pull away but he had wrapped his arms around me and kept me in place. “What do you want?! Let me go!”

“Come here.” He said, forcing me to come here anyway. I fell on him and he rested his slightly warm forehead on my shoulder. He breathed out a sigh of relief and it sort of occurred to me that drinking a bowl of unsalted chicken soup isn’t going to cure him on the spot.

He must still be feeling sick. I thought as I tried to peek at him. He had closed his eyes, resting his head on my shoulder. I sighed, defeated. “... A-Are you still feeling unwell?”

“.... If I said yes, would you take care of me?”

“What?” I gawked at him. He pulled away to look at me and I forgot all the things I had said earlier about me not wanting to look at him.

“You aren’t going to kick me out in the cold while I’m already sick, right?”

Can he read minds now? I made a face as I glanced aside. “I was considering it.”

He growled, squeezing my side. I yelped in pain. “Let me stay over for tonight. I can hardly move.”

“You have got to be—“

And then, without further ado, he kissed me. He kissed me with those kissable lips of his that I couldn’t fight him off. As far as I’m concerned, the fact that he denied having any kind of intimate relationship with Lay is enough for me for the night. But I guess Kris has other plans in his head right now. He slipped his hand underneath my sweatshirt again and rubbed my lower back. I tensed and pulled away from the kiss.

“Stop it,” I muttered, giving him a pretty weak glare. He plopped his head back on my shoulder, surrendering.

“Only if you let me stay over.”

“...” I looked at the ceiling, as if I was going to get actual answers from there before adding, “Fine. You can stay over.”

And that godforsaken hand of his is once again rubbing my lower back that I had to rip his head off of my shoulder to scold him.

“Don’t touch me so easily!” I whined, jumping off of him. “You’re sick and I don’t want any of your bacteria leeching onto me.”

“The fact that we kissed means you already have them.” He cocked his head to one side before coughing. “Ah, can I have a glass of water or something?”

“I’m not your nurse!”

He released me, had me sit on the sofa then stood up and I froze, sinking onto the sofa. When he moved closer to me to close the distance, I hardened my stare. He leaned forward and I could feel his warm breath against my face.

“D-Don’t do anything I wouldn’t like.”

He raised his eyebrow. “But you seem to like everything I’m doing though.”

“Kris,” I growled and he grinned.

“Can I please have a glass of water?” He asked with a polite tone but with a smug look on his face. I rolled my eyes and moved to the kitchen to hand him his request. Once he had a drink of water, he cleared his throat again. I shuffled on my place, wondering what the hell I’m supposed to do. I only had Kyungsoo over whenever we’re both drunk from drinking too much after partying with the guys since his house is as far as the mountains (no, not really). Anyway, Kyungsoo always knew how to take care of himself so it still felt like I was living on my own. This is the first time I’m actually going to take care of someone.

“Er...” I looked back to the hallway then back at him. “So...”

Kris had a hand on his throat, massaging his sore stretch of skin. “Hm?”

The sound of that hm made my heart squeeze. I looked away at the hallway again, pretending to still be looking at him, “Er... I guess you should take a bath then. Maybe that’ll get you better faster.”

There was silence before I heard the glass being placed down on the table and the soft footsteps moving towards me. Uh oh. He’s moving closer to me and before I could muster up the courage to face him, he had wrapped an arm around my shoulder, once again leaning towards me.

“K-Kris!” I gasped.

“How nice.” He smiled against my shoulder. “Letting me use your bathroom and all.”

“Because you’re staying over! I am not going to have to deal with your stinky self tomorrow morning!”

“Will you scrub me till I’m clean, then?”

“Scrub yourself!” I pushed myself away from him and growled. He responded with a chuckle, cocking his head to one side again. “Pull yourself together, will you?”

“I’m sick.”

“You’re annoying.” I frowned but I knew that he was sick. I frowned further because I have to take care of him, otherwise, he’ll never be able to leave. I turned around and headed to my room, gathering in my arms an extra towel and some spare clothes. I heard him follow me before entering in my room as well. “Just... place your used clothes on top of the laundry basket or something.”

I threw the stuff in my arms to his and pushed him to the bathroom. “And don’t you dare waste on my water! Water is expensive, you know? And this is my water bill we’re talking about here.”

He turned his head, his back facing me. He smirked. “So economical.”

“Shut up, will you?!” I pushed him in the bathroom and closed the door before he could utter another word. I leaned against the door and heard some shuffling and then the water began to run. Good. He’s finally given in.

I sighed out in relief now that I had a few minutes of alone time to myself. I looked around and fixed a few things in the living room and kitchen before moving back into my room to prepare some kind of bedding for him in the living room. Oh, who am I kidding? He can just sleep on the sofa for all I care. I’ll just throw some blanket over him.

But he’s sick.

Argh! I stomped on my floorboard. Why do I have to be so in love with this douchebag

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter