Anybody Can Be Cool, but Awesome Takes Practice :)

everyday is a sweet day.. isn't it? [[ HIATUS ]]

(pant... pant...  pant...  pant... )

 

*breathless* that choding* sure can ran fast~

he's not that smart though, I can see him looking for the lollipop.. well, I already got it back! heheh

he's too busy greeting students new and old.. the teachers, and even the non-teaching staff!

I hid the lollipop inside my jacket's secret pocket..

leaving the side of the choding mayor, I secretly headed down to the locker rooms, pretending to look for my locker, i scan every name on the top..

It must be here some where... Lee sung ---- oh there it is!! kekekk *giggles*

there are two girls gossiping near it, i walk pass them and headed to my own locker, waiting for them to get it over with and scram..

I then open my locker, I put my head inside so no one will see what i'm doing.. I'm writing a note..

the 2 gossip girls began to walk their way to the second floor..

I stand there in the deserted floor, check my watch.. crap only 10 mins left before the homeroom starts!!! must do this fast!

I walk towards his locker, bring out the lollipop from my pocket, tape it on.. attached the note that says "it's been a while.^^".. then bring out the polaroid camera from my bag, took a quick shot of it, and ran off..

urgh! the elevator's still on the 5th floor!!! eotteoke? the stairs.. or yeah outside!!!

i went to the side of our building, ran up the fire exit to my classroom's window.. lucky it's open.. i jump inside. freaked out the class president, I smile to everyone who saw me.. and they smiled back.. then proceed to the seat at the back of the classroom.

"Mari where you've been?" SungYeol said with a worried voice.

"to the cafeteria, to see what's cooking.." I lied. i hate lying to my bestfriend. but i don't want to tell him what i've been lying about either..

"oh. are you hungry? here have some!" choding gave me a fancy box with hearts all over it. "ah.. that's from my new fan, those are chocolates, don't give me that look! I'm popular, you know.. I even remember her name.. uh.. Cathy." he said with pride.

I sat there still staring at choding in a questioning way, then I started to open the box.. I began to giggle when i saw the note she scribbled down a pink heart shaped paper..

" Tell me your wish. ♥ -Cathy "

still giggling, I ate one of the chocolates.. mmm.. yum! and ate another one.. and another one.. another one..

I didn't realize how hungry I am.. maybe because i ran around a lot this morning, my legs kinda hurt.. sigh..

homeroom class began..

choding, choose to sit beside me this time.. he said it's tiring to sit at the center.. 'cause all of his moves were being watched..

so, Lee SungYeol knows how to get tired of that kind of stuff huh? since when did it start? hmm...

our homeroom teacher, Mr. Kang, is talking about rules, events, festivals and grading systems..

I, in the other hand.. pretend to care.. but really, i was thinking about something else..

i wonder if he'll like it this time.. i wonder what he'll think about it.. cute? artsy? unique? omo... the sky is blue, i hope the sky would stay for me today...

"Miss Kim? Miss Kim Mari???"

"Yah.. Mari~ wake up!"

choding? I woke up. omo.. i fell asleep! urgh my head aches.. what the fudge? i looked around, and noticed Mr. Kang is not in the room anymore.. it's already Mr. Park... and Mr. Park is a history teacher.. you mean it's already history class???

i put my senses back in place, stood up... no, I'm already standing up! when did I ----?

"Miss Kim Mari? Are you alright?" Mr. Park says in a worrried voice.

"Y-Yes sir," i said in a cracking voice,

"You seemed tired.. are you sure ---?"

"Seng*! I think she's having a sugar rush.. she ate 12 chocolates.. but i guess her body couldn't handle being hyper so then it crashed." said SungYeol in a know-it-all tone, cutting Mr. Park off, and holding up the empty box of chocolates he gave me earlier,

"Oh is that so? yeah, looking at you.. i can tell you're not fine. Miss Kim why don't you go to the school's clinic.. here's the hall pass." Mr. Park said in a kind tone.

"No sir, I'm f---" i began but was cut off by choding.

"Seng! I'll go with her." SungYeol  suggested,

Mr. Park nodded and handed SungYeol the hall pass.. I just stood there, refuses to move.. i don't like my classmates to think I get sick easily. but choding grab my arm and lead me out of the classroom..

We were walking to fast that the throbbing pain in my head worsen.. I stopped and told SungYeol to slow down.

"Lucky he let you out, you should thank me for that!" he said with a goofy smile.

"Yeah, Thanks for poisoning me!" I said sarcasticly,

"poisoning you? aish~ don't take it that way, it didn't even cross my mind that you'll finish the whole box!" he said the goofy smile disappearing,

SungYeol tend to take my words seriously, so then i gave him a small smile and patted his arm..

"Thanks for speaking up for me back there.." i said shyly,

choding's goofy smile came back to his face again.

"anything for my best friend. kekek.. If i didn't help you back there you'll end up lying you're fine and I'll end up tasting it's aftermath." he said while laughing.

"whatever Einstein," i sighed,

we reached the elevator.

"Going down?" a familiar voice said,

"Ah! Hyung what's up?!" Sungyeol exclaimed, he grab my arm again and lead me inside the elevator.. he and the guy exchange brotherly hugs.

"I didn't see you for weeks! Where you've been? oh this is Mari, my friend.. Mari it's Sunggyu-hyung remember? he cut his hair short!" SungYeol said it really fast.. that made me think: is that a rap?

I bowed to reapect Sunggyu and gave him an awkward smile. He bowed too, then smiled at me and held his hand for me to shake,

"We meet again, Mari-ssi." he said as I shake hands with him.. He turned to face Sungyeol, they were talking in a comical way..

"I went to visit my grandmother who lives in japan.. i just got home yesterday, sorry for not letting you guys know, well yeah, i bought back presents too... where you guys going?" He ask after answering SungYeol's question.

"School Clinic, Mari's feeling quite sick.." SungYeol said,

Sunggyu look at me in a worried way.

"it's not contagious.. I'm just feeling nauseous, that's all." i said while waving my hands in front of him.

He smiled and shook his head..

"it's not that, I saw you earlier, you where running your way up the fire exit to your classroom's window." he said smiling,

"Well after that, she got hungry, i fed her chocolates, she fell asleep in class, woke up colorless, now feel nauseous." SungYeol summarized.

"so you got food poisoned by Sungyeolie.. oh my that's not cool." he said while laughing.

"i did not hyung!!!" choding exclaimed.

we're now at the 2nd floor, -- i just watch them talk to each other like there's no tomorrow.

we reached the ground floor,

"Well, I'll see you two later. I'm off to the student affairs office.." Sunggyu said while bidding us goodbye and giving Sungyeol a brotherly hug again.

"See you later hyung!" choding wave back, I bowed once again to respect, he smiled and gave a slight bow, and headed off to where he's going.

SungYeol and I reached the school clinic, i was given pain killers and was adviced to rest in there,. to sleep when i feel sleepy.. SungYeol said he'll go back to class and just fetch me later around lunch. I agreed and smile at him, give him a little wave and watch him head off,

I go inside the clinic, lay in one of the beds and do what the nurse ask me to.. sleep.

"hahhhahaha! he said that? pabo!! hahaha!" boy 1,

"shh.. keep your voice down! there's another patient.."  boy 2,

"ah, sorry.. yeah someone's sleeping on the other bed.. oh it's a girl.." boy 1,

"someone we know?" boy 3,

"hmmm.. she's Sungyeol's friend.." boy 1,

"ah.. Kim Mari?" boy 3,

"come back here Dongwoo, leave her alone.." boy 2,

"the nurse is here.." boy 3,

I open my eyes to look around.. the curtains on the side of my bed were not closed properly, there were students inside the clinic.. i can hear what they've been talking about a while ago, i was waken by Dongwoo-ssi's laughter, I check my watch, omo.. it's already lunch time! Sungyeol must have forgot to fetch me.. or he did but I was sleeping so he didn't wake me up?

I got out of bed, fix my hair with my fingers, clean my face with a wet tissue w/c the nurse gave me earlier, fix my uniform, put on my jacket, put on my shoes, fix the bed and headed out the curtain covered room.

I'm on my way to go see the nurse at her station, when 3 guys appeared to be in the room beside mine. 1 was sitting on the bed with his foot stretched out, his ankle doesn't seem to be fine. the other guy was standing near him, observing his ankle.. the other guy who I recognized to be Dongwoo was seated on an armchair near the patient holding 3 school bags..

as I pass by there room, the guy on the bed looked up and gave me an embarrassed smile..

"Did we wake you up?" he said with a slightly embarrassed tone,

"He's the one who's too loud." said the guy who was standing, pointing at Dongwoo..

"I'm sorry, I didn't know there's someone sleeping.." Dongwoo said nicely,

"it's alright.. it's no biggie.." i gave them an awkward smile. "I'll go ahead.."

"Kim Mari right?" the guy on the bed asked,

I nod, he smiled.. the guy standing look at the guy on the bed like he's some amazing guy, Dongwoo gave a quiet "waah~"

"My name's Hoya.. I'm our school's dance machine." he said, patting the guy beside him to do the same

"I'm Nam Woohyun," he said, giving me a big smile.

"I'm our school's 'Golden Horse' who rules the track field, also the 2nd to the best soccer player at last year's sport festival..of course I won't stop there you know, 'coz this year I'll be number one! and yeah I'm our school's pride when it comes to rapping, the name's DongWoo, Jang Dongwoo!" Dongwoo said with triumph.

The others burst out laughing when Dongwoo ended his speech. then they look back at me.

"I'm Mari, Kim Mari.. It's really nice to meet you all."

"If you're looking for SungYeol, he might be hanging out at the cafeteria.." Woohyun said,

"okay then, I'll leave first," i turned to Hoya, "uh.. get well soon." I said giving them a warm smile.

"Yeah i will," Hoya said.. They all gave me a warm smile, Dongwoo gave a little wave.

i bowed to respect and headed off to the nurse's station, the nurse gave me an excuse slip that I'll give to my homeroom teacher or the class president..

I'm on my way to the cafeteria, omo, I'm starving! I passed by the locker rooms, stop to check if the lollipop's still there.. it's still there.. let him get it.. please let him get it..

i reached the cafeteria doors.. I went inside, grab a tray.. bought 2 rolls of kimbap, a cup of ramen. a sandwich, and a can of apple juice.

I found a table near the window, so i sat there and began to eat my ramen, I saw choding and his popular friends on the other side of the cafeteria, he seemed happy when he's around a lot of people that were very fond him, those who wanted to hear his stories and wanted to sit beside him..

ramen, done. next is the kimbap. nom.. nom.. nom..

I stare outside for a while then when i look back at my food the other kimbap roll is gone.. I look around and saw Lee SungYeol better known as choding, standing beside me eating the kimbap he stole from me.. I gave him a weak smile and let him have it..

"Are you alright now? why didn't you wait for me? I went there to fetch you.. but Hoya and the others said you already left.. Why didn't you wait?" Sungyeol said in a disappointed tone..

"Sorry 'bout that, but I was already starving.." I said looking straight at him.

"Sure you were," he said coldly.and walk away.

I didn't answer back, i wish i know what to say in times like this.. SungYeol and his mood swings..

I ate all the food i bought and headed to the classroom, i handed the class president the nurse's slip. I walk towards my seat and just sat there quietly, SungYeol came in and sat beside me.. this is quite awkward.. we're not talking at all.

It's already the last subject but Sungyeol and I still aren't talking.. the bell rang.. the teacher bid us goodbye, classmates started to move out of the classroom.. SungYeol and I sat there still,

"yah.." I started, "are we going home together?"

no response.

"fine, then I'll go first." i stood up, grab my bag and headed out the classroom.

aish..why did I even bother telling him I'm leaving? urgh.. why is he like that anyway? a while ago i saw him happy with his people, then a little later turned to me with a different attitude? what is that? aish~

*BAMMB!*

"waah..really! what a day! aish that hurts.." i said grasping my head, not even knowing who i bumped in to..

"Are you alright?" a cute voice said,

"Sorry.." I said, pulling myself up, and spotted a lollipop on the floor, it looks so much like the one i taped on the locker, it even had a note taped on it as well..wait---! is that my hand writting on it..? don't tell me.. i BUMPED IN TO---him!!! 

"Are you alright?" he repeated.. as he picked up the lollipop on the floor..

I wanted to nod but i can't feel my head nor my hands.. I must be really white right now.. snap out of it Mari!!! c'mon!!! move!!!

"YAH!!! Lee Sungjong!!! WhatchathinkUdoin'?!" SungYeol ran in the scene, "Mari?? Are you hurt???"

yeah way to go choding! shaking my head, I answered back:

"Yeah I'm fine, it's not his fault though.. I spaced out while walking.." I explained,

"aish! Mari... you---! Yah Sungjongie that lollipop's mine!" he turned to look at Sungjong,

Sungjong seemed to be puzzled.. "eh? It was taped on my locker!"

"No.. that thing got stolen from me..!" he grab the lollipop out of Sungjong's hands and look at it closely..

"It's been a while Mari-ssi," Sungjong turned to look at me and smiled,

"Uh yeah, nice to see you, Sungjong-ssi" and I smiled back, but it prolly looked scary and forced..

"Who gave you this?" Sungyeol butted in..

"I don't know, but that's mine. Give it back." he ordered Sungyeol,

"who ever gave you that lollipop, is a thief." he then gave it back to Sunjong..

Sungjong smiled and turned to face me again, 

"isn't this pretty Mari-ssi?" he asked happily.

i nod.. omo my face is getting red!! I turned to look at Sungyeol who's starting to be awkward again..

"so, Let's go walk home together." SungYeol said

"I'm sorry, I can't. Maybe next time." Sungjong smiled at choding and me, "ahh, then I'll go ahead! you guys take care~ see you tomorrow, bye!!!" waving his lollipop he started to walk away..

choding and I was left there at the deserted corridor..

he look at me and and sighed..

"last one to make it on the gate will buy food!!!" he said with a big smile..

I smiled back, kick him on the shin and run for my life..

"AAARRRGHH!!! YAH KIM MARI---!!!!! do you wanna die??!!"

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

You got me runnin’ runnin’ runnin’ away
   Down down down
   You got me runnin’ runnin’ runnin’ away
  Down down- away~  

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

   that's a long chapter isn't it? aigoo~ i'm the worst writer ever, am i? TT__TT

 

unfamiliar words:

  • choding - elementary student / childish.
  • seng - short term for "seonsengnim" w/c means teacher.

 

I once again apologize to the readers who can't stand my english. don't hate me.. peace. :)