One crazy night.

everyday is a sweet day.. isn't it? [[ HIATUS ]]

......

"That's because, starting from today onwards, L-hyung will be living here." Sungjong answered brightly.

"EH?!" both choding and I screamed.

at that moment, Nanny went out of the house,

"Oh! Bijou! Yeol-goonie! ah~ Young Master L?" Nanny said smiling,

We all looked at Nanny, then look at each other then back at Nanny then again to L.

"Bijou?" Sungjong and L repeated,

"Young Master L?" both choding and I repeated.

"Ne, Bijou! He's our visitor your grandpa's talking about.. he'll be your brother for quite some time." Nanny said beaming at everybody.

"No.. this can't be! NO!!!" Choding exclaimed.

"You're Bijou?" L asked me.. he look pale.

"Y-you-- M-Mari-ssi.. Lived here?" Sungjong asked me but he's looking at Nanny,

"Andwae!!! andwae!!! HARABEOJI~!!!!" I lost it.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We stood there in shock. Sungjong and Myungsoo doesn't have their usual color, Sungyeol's soul left his body, Nanny still smiling at everybody, I realized I still have my hands on my head.. I put it down blink twice and tried to clear my throat, but my throat hurts. maybe from screaming.

Nanny turned to look at me, snapped a finger in front of Myungsoo and Sungjong, both of them came back to their senses, patted Sungyeol on his back, but he's still not moving,

"Omo.. It's getting cold and dark. Let's get inside, we can just clear things up in there.. and we have a delicious dinner waiting.." Nanny told us, 4 of us refuses to move, Nanny needed to push Sungjong and Myungsoo to enter the gate, they both walk inside like they're hypnotized.

"Yah! Choding~ wake up!" I shook him, but he's still not responding, So I slap the hell out of him.. He at last blinked and turned to me, the place where my hand landed on his face turned ultra red.. aww.. that must have hurt!

"Sorry choding, it's the only way to make you snapped out of it.." rubbing the redding part,

"Mari.. You too.. didn't know about this right?" he asked in a sad tone,

"Of course not! What the? Choding if I knew, I should've told you then.."

"Really? I just have this feeling that I'm kinda out of place."

"Choding you good for nothing kid! Stop thinking that way.. Let's just go inside and eat dinner! I'm starving!"

There's an awkward silence when choding and I entered the house, at the lobby we can see bags and luggages must be Myungsoo's,

I went upstairs to my room to change my clothes, for some reason, choding did the same. He prolly don't want to be left at the living room with L and Sungjong, I handed choding his extra clothes i have in my closet, I change in my bathroom, choding changed in the bedroom, after that.. we went downstairs, I realized we were both wearing the same clothes with just different colors, its a hoodie sweater, with the word "daebak!" written on top of it. We both look at each other when we passed the whole body mirror near the stairs, We laughed and read "Daebak!"

"Bijou! Yeol-goonie! dinner time!" Nanny called out of the dining room.

When we reached the entrance of the dining area, I stopped before going inside, choding too.. we look at each other and have a deep breath then continue walking inside,

It's awkward having dinner with Myungsoo and Sungjong.. Nanny ate with us, explaining why Myungsoo is in our house, and how he lost his way on his first day in korea, also Grandfather's and Myungsoo's parents ideas..  and plans..

So Myungsoo will be staying until he graduates senior year, not quite, but knowing gandpa he'll prolly let Myungsoo stay for the hell he want.

Today's dinner is daebak! Japanese food, though it simple, but its really delicious. We have hot pot of Shabu-shabu, sashimi & sushi, Daikon salad, chicken Karage, Yakitori, vegie and shrimp tempura and Shu cream (japanese cream puffs) for dessert, on the table, we also have red iced tea to drink.

Though this dinner looks like a feast, the atmosphere somehow sullen every minute.

"So after the incident last time, Myungsoo-goon went home to Sungjongie's house and stayed there?" Choding broke the silence,

The two of them nod.

"Earlier before, when we met at the cafe, Sungjong-ssi is waiting for a friend.. so that's Myungsoo-ssi?" it keeps bugging me that's why I asked it.

Sungjong nod and smiled brightly,

"So, You've met L-hyung that way.. whoa L-hyung you're so cool! Mari-ssi too.. Sungyeol-hyung too~ I have cool friends!" Sungjong said clapping his hands, Myungsoo smiled, Sungyeol laughed, I kinda turned red.. he said I'm cool~ aigoo!

"Are we going to tell the school about this?" Choding asked,

For a second there, that question seemed so hard to answer. I looked at choding, choding looking at Myungsoo, Myungsoo to Sungjong, Sungjong to me..

"It would be a shock if the school knows about this, Myungsoo gained fans in just one day, Mari's already having a hard time with mine, I don't think they should know about this.." Choding said worriedly,

"No Yeolie I'm fine.."

"I think Sungyeol-hyung's right, for protecting Mari's private life as well as L-hyung's.." Sungjong said i kinda melt when he turned at me and smiled.

"Yeah.. not to mention the misunderstanding it'll cause.. How about the hyungs then?" Choding now looking at Sungjong, they both look worried,

"Well, we'll tell them when they ask.." Sungjong decided, everyone seems to like this idea.

"Then it settled!" Sungyeol said clapping his hands. He looks nervous though,

"Jongie-goon, Yeol-goonie, It's getting late.. I'll drive you home." Nanny insisted,

That statement made choding's face lost its color. I look at him, puzzled, I pat his cheeks again..

"Yah.. what's wrong with you? Didn't youe hear Nanny said? You need to go home, Butler Choi will be worried."

"ANDWAE!" Sungyeol screamed, He looks like he's in deep thoughts. All of us stared at him.. I shook him then he turned to look at me.

"What the?" I started,

"I'm not going." he ended.

All of us look puzzled by his answer.. Nanny seemed to get some thought about it.

"If Yeol-goonie doesn't want to go home tonight then it's fine, Please do call Butler Choi and inform him. I will drive Sungjongie-goon home," Nanny told us, and continued "You kids go rest, Bijou, please show L-goon his room. Yeol-goonie you can use you're room.. i tidied up your room a bit, don't forget to call Butler Choi alright?"

"Yeah Nana.. thanks for letting me stay for the night!" Choding told Nanny as he flung himself around her, Nanny giving him a good hug back.

I had  feeling that Nanny and choding knew something I don't know.. Oh well..

At the meantime, while Nanny's finding the keys, and choding's on the phone with his butler.. I realized Sungjong and Myungsoo is not around, I wonder where they might be.. I walk around, check grandpa's study w/c is next to the living room, check out the lobby, Myungsoo's luggage still there..  and finally I passed by the open balcony that's facing the greenhouse near the hidden garden, where Uzi's mini playground's at..

"Come here boy! Good.. Good.. Gosh you're so cute~" Sungjong's playing with Uzi, Uzi who like the attention plays along with him..

Myungsoo who's now standing up, started stretching.. while looking all over the place. at that time lanterns are everywhere.. dangling from top of trees, hanging from the greenhouse's sides and elsewhere, well our huge garden's theme is "magical".. so prolly right now, Myungsoo and Sungjong thinks they're in some sort of creepy magical world.. the things that made it look creepy are those Gnome statues on the gound, the witches near the pond, and an angel statue near the wishing well..who stares right at you in a scary way, when you look at her.. not to mention the vines that covers the walls and chimes hanging around all the edges, that gives you the chills whenever the wind blew.. inside the hidden garden is a different theme though.

"L-hyung, are you going to be alright here? Well, I'm not talking about Mari-ssi and Nanny they're both sweet and kind.. I mean.. isn't it sudden? are you going to adjust well?"

"I'm fine Sungjongie, what happens in Japan I wish you wouldn't speak of it.. to anyone and to me. I wish to be myself here in Korea.. not a puppet."

"Sure Hyung.. I'll just be here when you need me.."

"Thanks for being there Jongie.. I'm such a burden am I?" Myungsoo who is now standing beside Sungjong, looked up the sky.

"No, hyung.. you're not. you never were.." Sungjong said it in a serious tone, still cuddling with Uzi he looked up at his hyung and gave a smile.. a warm smile.

I don't know what gotten into me though, but that smile made me jealous. What am I doing here in the first place? Why am I evesdropping..? gosh.. this will add up to my "stalker" moves list! urgh~

As  turn to leave, I hear Nanny talking at someone on the front door, I went to see who it was, then I found choding's butler gripping what looks like a camping bag.

"Good evening Butler Choi!" I greeted nicely,

"Good Evening Bijou, It's been a while." Butler Choi greeted while bowing,

"Come inside.. Yeol-goonie is in his room," Nanny lead Butler Choi upstairs where choding's room's at..

Choding's room is beside Myungsoo's room that's near mine, all of our rooms are in the same floor. Choding personally picked that room long long time ago, because of it's cute and artsy details. I, well, the same as him.. also has a room on his house.. I usually pick rooms for the windows great view.. and just that.

Nanny and Butler Choi went down the stairs followed by choding who is secretly giggling for some reason I don't know yet.. the house's entrance from the garden opened while Myunsoo and Sungjong made their way in.

Nanny said thet Sungjong should go home now, and she'll be driving him home.. Butler Choi who is friends with Sungjong's household suggest that he'll come along, so Nanny will be home safely too..

After we bade goodbye to Sungjong and watched them left the house, I look at the clock, it's now a quarter to eight, The three of us, Myungsoo, Choding and I, stood there awkwardly. Myungsoo grab his luggage, Choding in my surprise helped him.. I lead the way to his room.

"Uh.. It's warm here." He said as we entered his room.

"I have my own room in this house as well, it's just beside yours, and that's Mari's room.." poiniting at the room infront.

A wind from an unknown whereabouts passed by, I looked at Choding, Choding did the same.

"Ahh.. is it me or it gotten a little colder?" Myungsoo asked, the three of us went inside his room hurriedly and shut the door.

"It must be Halmeoni.. windows are shut.. new guest.. omo.." choding mumbled,

Myungsoo looked puzzled, I in the other hand are used to these stuff, reamained calm.

Another wind from the unknown passed by us again, and the room's warmth came back once again.

I can hear choding's breath, I look at Myungsoo who still has his cold aura and puzzled look.

"It's gone now, It really must be Halmeoni.." Choding mummbled once again.

"Who's halmeoni? Harabeoji's wife?" Myungsoo asked us while looking around,

both choding and I looked at each other once again, and to Myungsoo, we shook our head..

"How about a welcoming ghost story?" Choding asked,

"Call." Myungsoo shortly said with a smile,

"I'll go get snacks!" I suggested and went out of the room, entered mine and grab handful of chocolate chip cookies and 3 mini boxes of milk from my mini ref, and went back at Myungsoo's room, distribute the snacks and sat at the floor near the balcony door.

Myunsoo and choding did the same, and sat near the balcony door, which is covered with dark green heavy curtains with silver details, Chooding grab Myuunsoo's multipurpose remote control and a lamp from his bedside table, he placed the lamp in the middle and use the remote control to turned off the lights, the lamp serves like a campfire and slowly give us the spooky atmosphere. Choding cleared his throat and began..

"Halmeoni.. is not Harabeoji's wife.. Halmeoni.. is Harabeoji's oldest sister.. she's 10yrs older than Harbeoji, she's strict and wise, her ideas are so bizarre that she kinda became a crackpot, people doesn't want to be near her, she argues her way out of everything, she likes to prove that people are wrong and she's right. it was said that she doesn't have many friends.. I don't even think she has any, Halmeoni likes plants and trees.. they serve as her friends, as well as her children.." Choding lowered his voice, and continued.. "Halmeoni is an old maid.. she did fell inlove once, but her lover broke up with her and ran away with another woman.. at the day of her ex-lover's wedding, it was said that Halmeoni locks herself in her room, and stayed in her bed, crying her eyes out and cursing her ex-lover to live an unhappy life.. during the wedding of her ex-lover, something went wrong.. his bride went missing, his bride was found dead on her bed, the reason of the bride's death is unknown, though doctors stated that she died in her sleep. so then Halmeoni's ex-lover live an unhappy life.. and he's been so lonely that he died because of it.
"Coincidence? I thought of that too.. but other folks said that Halmeoni cursed the two couple in exchage of her happiness.. so 'til she live her life, she has never smiled or be came happy.

"Halmeoni lived here for quite a while.. and she find this house relaxing, and so she planted trees.. apple and cherry trees.. she likes red shades.. and hated bright colors, one day she planted an unknown seed and waited for it to bloom.. and when it did.. it was a beautiful green apple tree, she went mad.. mad like nuts! she went on the other side of the house where the garage is, and grab a chainsaw and cut the tree down, the household people were really shock when they saw Halmeoni cut the big tree down by herself.. that night she went missing." choding pause, and snapped. "and was found dead the morning after. she died an unspeakable death.."

"Unspeakable death? what? got beaten up?" Myungsoo asked still puzzled.

Choding lowered his head towards Myungsoo.. and through his deepest cold voice he said.. "Halmeoni.. died.. she.. killed herself." that almost sound a whisper. and to Myungsoo's expression he seemed wants to know more.. so choding continued..

"The hidden garden is not hidden for no reason.. That garden is decided to be hidden when they found Halmeoni's body hanging from the tallest tree, ladders.. bricks.. stones.. nothing was found. how she got up there..? no one knows."

There was a long silence.. only the rustling of the leaves outside can be heard.

"So then, You shouldn't be walking at night alone in this hall.. Halmeoni doesn't like vistors so much, though you'll be living here for a while, i guess you should know this, Halmeoni died 20yrs ago,, Some of Harabeoji's friends who stayed here during the holidays and business trips, saw Halmeoni's ghost wandering around the halls.. and still hear her earsplitting screams in their dreams.. So Myungsoo-ah, at least now you won't be puzzled if strange things happen around.. If by chance you were wondering what Halmeoni looks like, at the 4th floor, there's this huge portrait near the Master's bedroom.. A portrait of a woman w/o lips.. that's her."

"Without lips? dang.. who would like to see that..?" Myungsoo said stretching his legs..

"Well it was made after she died.. the painter claims they're friends when they're young, so he painted Halmeoni as he remembers her.. for some reason.. he doesn't seemed to remember how her lips looks like.. so they just left it like that.. even the household doesn't seem to remember either." I explained,

"That's all for our welcome party! How's it Myungsoo-ah?" Choding asked w/o thinking,

"Well, that's very welcoming..." Myungsoo said sarcastically, but smiled afterwards, Choding did too..

At the time we were about to stand up.. the lights went out, I can feel choding squishing himself between me and Myungsoo..

"I think it's a black out, let's wait for a minute, we have automatic emergency lights.." I said calmly

A minute passed, no emergency lights yet.. eotteoke?

"Nanny must've plug it out.. I'll go check." I said bringing my cellphone as a flashlight. A hand caught the end of my hood that I almost fell down, I look back and saw choding looking anxious..

"W-we'll go with you.." He muttered,

"Alright then, let's go." I lead the way, Choding still clinging to my clothes followed by Myungsooo who had his phone as a flashlight too..

We went down in the now cold living room.. and heard banging on the door,

"Wait! it must be a thief.." Myungsoo whispered. He lowered his light and grab an umbrella from the umbrella stand and headed to the front door..The banging stopped, and began again.. Myungsoo opened the door and fell over, we were alarmed so Choding and I ran towards Myungsoo and found Uzi on top of him..whimpering and looks cold, We all laugh at the sight of a shock Myungsoo and a whimpering Uzi.

"Mianhe Uzi, I forgot to bring you inside.." I told Uzi as I lift him up to my arms, "Now, let's go find the main switch.."

We went across the room, to find the way to the back door when the front door opened and slammed shot. we look side ways no one entered,

"Just wind.." I said when I heard Choding's heavy breaths,

"M-mari..? A-are w-we t-there yet?" Choding said, now stuttering..

"Yes, we are.." I handed Uzi to Myungsoo and hold choding's shaking hands..

We reached the back door where the main switch was, as I thought, Nanny plugged it out, so we plugged it back. then emergency lights went on, It's quite still dark, but this is better than nothing.

We all decided to stay at the lobby and wait for Nanny,

Myungsoo who is cuddling Uzi, suddenly look around.

"Is Nanny the only one incharge of the household?"

"Yeah.. well, there's only me and Uzi who needs to be taken care of,"  I answered nicely,

He nod. he looks quite uneasy,

"Is Sungjong-ssi's house that far?" I ask Myungsoo trying not to put a "stalker" tone into it..

"Well, it depends on the routes you're going to take, but none of the routes are walking distance." He said in a matter-of-fact tone..

"I see.."

"So Amazing~ So Amazing~" Choding began singing.. while covering his ears. He sings happy songs a lot when he's scared.

The house is so quiet.. only the ticking of the clocks can be heard and the rustling of the trees outside as the wind blew around them..

"Mari?" Myungsoo called..

"Wae?"

"I'll call you Mari.."

"Cool.." I said smiling.. he smiled back, I just realized Uzi fell asleep on his lap,

"neoneun dashin naege anwa~ baby baby~ dashin bol su eopseo~ baby baby~ tuknunmuri tteoreojyeo~ ireon geoya!!!" choding continue singing.. now adding feelings and expression to it.

Myungsoo look at choding like he's some weird object.. choding who has his eyes shut and hands on his ears doesn't seem to care.. I look at Myungsoo and explained,

"He's like this when he gets scared, or nervous.."

"Oh.. like a kid." Myungsoo said giving a small laugh,

"Yeah.. choding~"

"Amazing neorang~ Amazing narang~" Choding continue singing.. but that time I heard something else.. there's something scratching somewhere..

I look at Myungsoo who is checking his phone, Uzi who is sleeping and choding who is still having his "concert".. where did that sound came from?

I stood up, Myungsoo looked at me, I patted choding and gave him a sign to keep quiet.. then there, I heard it clear.. It seems to be somewhere outside.. Myungsoo might've heard it too.. 'cause he tried to stand up but doesn't like to wake Uzi..

The scratching stopped,

"M-Mari?" choding's voice shaking once again, reaching his hand but Myungsoo grab hold of it instead, Myungsoo manage to stood up w/o waking Uzi, and was holding choding's hand..

"W-what t-the? M-Myungsoo-ah!" choding said quite surprised by Myungsoo's actions,

"Ssshhh.." I gave him a sign to keep quiet.. he did,

Uzi's purring on the couch and choding's heavy breath are all we hear for a while, then Myungsoo made his way to the front door.. i catched up choding did too.. there's no sound.

"Maybe it's just the wind again.." Myungsoo said as he made his way back to the couch where Uzi's sleeping, I grab his arm, and he stop walking, now, we both hear footsteps.. light footsteps..

I look up the stairs no one's there, the front door no one is there either..

"It's not outside." said Myungsoo,

"It's somehow getting nearer.." I added, choding duck down and covered his ears again,

We look side ways, no one's there.. the footsteps are indeed getting nearer.. and bolder.. it's echoing.. nearer and nearer and stop.

A light flash on the mirror near the stairs infront of us.. we all look at it and then an old lady showed up.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!"

Choding's earsplitting scream covered the whole house, I even saw Uzi got up and started barking but I can't hear his barks,

I saw Myungsoo fell beside me as Choding grab him down. I, in the other hand, remained standing.. still staring at the mirror, the figure is getting closer.. as if it was running..

Then the familiar hair.. and dress.. NANNY???

Nanny ran across the living room where the 4 of us including Uzi were.. Nanny seems to be talking but we can't hear it because, Sungyeol's still screaming with his eyes shut.

Myungsoo put a hand on Sungyeol's mouth, we can still here his screams under Myungsoo's hand,

"UUUUMMMAAAAHHH!!!" He screamed once again when Myungsoo removed his hand,

"YAH! CHODING! IT's NANNY!! YAHH!!!" I screamed back at him.. then shaking him slightly..

He opened his eyes and look around.. panting and catching his breath, he saw Nanny..

"HALMEONI!!!!!" he screamed once again, I grab hold of him and shook him hard as I can.. it seems like his fear ate him whole.

At last he calm down..

"Nanny? You scared the hell out of me.." Choding said still panting,

Nanny hand him a bottled water, and smiled.

"I'm sorry Yeol-goonie.. I didn't mean to scare you.. the front door was locked so I didn't dare to knock, I thought that you kids went to bed already. that's why I pass at the other side.." Nanny said softly, and added, "The lights will turn on soon, I already called the power office, a slight problem came up there so.. let's just wait.."

After saying that, The lights did turn on.. we all look around and adjust our eyes to the lights, Uzi wiggles his tail and started running around.. Myungsoo stretched his arms upward and massage his leg, it must have hurt when he fell down earlier, Sungyeol ran towards the kitchen and grab something to eat.. The phone rings.. Nanny went to get it leaving me and Myungsoo at the living room.. he's still looking around, I check the clock, it's now passed 10pm.. omo.. it's passed our bed time.. we still have school tomorrow.. urgh~

Nanny entered the living room once again with Uzi in her arms, she said the power office called to check if the power's alright now.. then Sungyeol went in the living room with a box of cookies and a glass of milk..

"You kids should go to sleep now.. it's really late.. and you need to wake up early tomorrow.."

"Yes Nanny!" we all said, and headed back upstairs..

"Uh.. Bijou.. Yeol-goonie.. L-goon, do you by chance heard the loud strange scratching sound?"

"Yes Nanny, why? Isn't that you?" I said while the three of us look at Nanny,

"No.. I think it came from the hidden garden.." she said pointing at the direction where the 2 gardens are located, "Oh and yeah, tomorrow, You kids shouldn't be staying up late and gallivanting around the house this late.."

"Eh? wae Nanny..?"

"Tomorrow's Halmeoni-nim's death anniversary.. we should pay respect." Nanny said nicely, I saw Sungyeol flinched when he heard "Halmeoni".

"Okay, Nanny.. we'll go to bed now, Goodnight!" we gave Nanny Goodnight kisses, and head back upstairs to our rooms..

"Wait." Myungsoo stopped walking and turned to us.

"Wae? Are you hungry? here have some." Choding handed Myungsoo his box of cookies, but Myungsoo shook his head.

"The loud scratching sound we heard earlier.. Nanny said it must have come from the hidden garden?"

"Yeah.. what about it?"

"Sungyeol said Halmeoni died there right? And Nanny said tomorrow's Halmeoni's death anniversary.."

"Yeah.. so?" I ask blankly..

"It must've been Halmeoni's ghost."

"AAAAAAHHHH!!! Stop!! Stop!!! STOP IT ALREADY! I already said horror welcome party is over!" Choding squealed.

~~~~

Morning. School. Classroom.

A group of students gathers around the three seats at the back.

"L-hyung.. Mari-ssi.. Sungyeol-hyung.. what happened?" Sungjong asked the three students who had their heads down to their desks,

No one answered.

"Have the 3 of you been drinking?" Sunggyu ask lowering his voice.

"Maybe they're sick.." Hoya said,

"I don't even think their listening." Woohyun told the other guys,

"Can the three of you face us?" Sungjong pleaded. "In the count of 3. 1, 2, 3!"

The three students who had their face on the top of their desk looked up.

"HAHAHA!!! PANDAS!!!!" Dongwoo lose himself and began laughing out loud.

The three pandas---i mean students, burried their heads once again on top of their desks, as they all started laughing out loud.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

i'm not good in writing at all.. i'm so sorry about this. T_T

the horror-ish part btw was derive from an old chinese ghost-love story~ i changed the main and the location, hope you enjoyed it. :)

thanks for reading.. :)

pretty please leave a comment.

i'll work harder!!! hwaitto~