Lucky or Not So Lucky Surprises?

everyday is a sweet day.. isn't it? [[ HIATUS ]]

10 minutes before homeroom starts.. i found myself lurking near the coffee machine at the second floor.. near the the Principal's office..

I smelled something.. something familiar.. so familiar that it made me follow it up here at the second floor.. what is it anyway? not food.. not perfume.. or is it perfume? cherries.. yeah.. that's it! it smelled like cherries! but why did I followed it? I don't know too.. I think I kinda got hypnotized.. is that even possible..? if I didn't see the principal's office, I might've ended smashing the office's door.. dang~ need to go back to the classroom.. or I'll be listed late.

"kyaaaah~ you are so cute oppa!" "Oppa can we take a picture together?" "..why is your face so red? so cuutee~" fan girls scream.

Ah.. isn't that Sungjong? He made it on time huh? he looks so cute even when you can tell that he ran all the way to school.. kekekk! omo! must go back to the classroom now~

It's another ordinary day in our classroom.. outside on the corridors, class' musicians having their gig, inside I can see the class president trying to silence the room with his assistant who was checking the attendance. gossip girls doing their thing on the front row seats.. gamers / techy kids flaunting their new gadgets and games, athletes' talk about sports on the second row to the left, to the right are top students.. advance studying, on the third row I can see those classmates who were really good in cooking class sharing tips and recipes, in the same row the pranksters have a plan going on, and to the last row..where i was suppose to be sitting now, were a lot of girls.. and students who were part of the school's magazines they were praising and showing their affections to the boy who they all thought God sent them.. standing in the center of attention.. Sungyeol.

Only the class president and his assistant noticed me as I get inside of the classroom.. the two of them smiled and say 'Good Morning', I did the same. I carefully walk to the empty seat beside Sungyeol, he's too busy to noticed that I'm already there, I stare out the window for a while, then look at the time.. the bell rang.. but the teacher's not here yet.

"MR.KANG IS HERE! BACK TO YOUR SEATS!" the class president bellowed, the classroom followed.

"Good Morning everyone!" Mr. Kang said happily as he entered the classroom.

"Good Morning Mr. Kang! Bow. Sit." the class president ordered, we all did it.

"Today is a wonderful day isn't it? have you dyed your nails with bongseonhwa blossoms.. oh I see some of you did.. I did too.." (showing his.. that made the class laugh.) "'cause well, yeah.. I hope it stays until the first snow fall! to everyone here.. fighting!" he got cheers from the students for that small speech. "As I was saying.. today is a wonderful day.. the they of some changes.. changes are fine...a little won't hurt.."

"Yah Mari.. I didn't see you arrived.." choding whispers. I nod and gave him a smile,

"..changes that may change our moods from this day onwards.."

"Mari.. take a look at this.. someone drawn a cartoon version of me and Sungjongie on this desk.." choding continue to whisper, I look at where he was pointing and I felt I turned red.. that is my desk!

"y-yeah.. I saw that b-before.. I sat there last week.. it was there already.." I lied.. well I drawn that! "c-cute isn't it?"

"Yeah well, I think the one who draws this like Sungjong more.. the way she drawn him is much cuter than the original Sungjongie.." he said still observing,

"well it's a cartoon version... I think your version looks cuter." I said while pretending to listen to Mr. Kang, at the corner of my eye, I saw Sungyeol smiled.

"Seng! Why are we talking about changes anyway?" a gossip girl asked.

"Politics.. the government--- Oh..well, yeah.. I missed the point, didn't I?" Mr. Kang said while scratching his head.. he went outside the classroom and back to the front.. he smiled happily again.

"Yeah changes.. in our classroom! have you noticed any?" Mr. Kang asked us.. everybody looked around.

"The windows are cleaned!" classmate 1

"The ceiling too!" classmate 2

"They changed the curtains?" classmate 3

"There's an extra chair beside me." Sungyeol said loudly as all of us turned to look.. there is an extra chair and desk.. so that means..

"BINGO!" Mr. Kang said in amuse, "that's the change that I'm talking about.. we'll be having a new student in our class! it's been a while isn't it?" he said while clapping his hands.. everybody started to talk about it,

"Mari you heard that? a new student! it's been a year since we had that athlete guy as a new student.." choding said, he seemed excited.

"Well, He's here.. Let me introduce him to you.." Mr. Kang opened the door and a guy entered, everybody looked at his direction, girls' gasp, boys' look at each other, I look at Sungyeol as his smile faded and watch his jaw dropped, what the?

"New student.. Please introduce yourself." Mr. Kang said nicely,

"I'm the new student, I came from Japan. My name is Kim Myungsoo."

at the time I was staring at Sungyeol, then heard him introduced himself.. I suddenly thought that his name sounds familiar.. Kim Myungsoo.. 'back to where I came from, I was known for the name L' i was just thingking about it when..

"Back to where I came from I was called 'L'" he said it himself..

I then take my gaze off choding and look at the new student.. it's him.. the guy who saved me last time.. Kim Myungsoo.. I blinked twice and he was still there.. so this is not a dream.. it's really him,

The class fell silent.. Mr. Kang smiling awkwardly.. Myungsoo stood there with his cold expression, then our eyes met.

"Myungsoo-ssi please take a seat there beside Sungyeolie.. Sungyeolie, Mari-ssi please be kind to our new studet." Mr. Kang said as we nod. I noticed choding still kinda shock,

"Homeroom ends here, Please be kind to our new student, he may not be familiar with our culture, let him adjust for a while.. I'll see you tomorrow, Have a good day and class president I'll have a word," Mr. Kang then patted Myungsoo's back and went outside with the class president.

Myungsoo still standing in front was approached by a gossip girl, it seems that the girl is introducing herself but he ignored her and walk his way to the back where we sit, and where he'll be seated, the girl kinda look upset.

as he put his things down on his desk, I stop gazing at him and try to find my pencil in my bag..

"Anyeong.. It's nice to see you again." Myungsoo said now standing in front of me,

Cold wind blew from the open window beside me.. then for a second, I smelled it again.. the scent of cherries that i followed earlier.. the scent that made me feel warm and cold at the same time.. It was from him! no wonder it was familiar..

"A-anyeong..?" I said looking at him as he smiled, now i noticed all heads our direction.;

"Last time.. It's been really hard huh?"  he said now lowering his voice.. "How's your wounds?"

"Thanks to you nothing major happened.. it's all good now.." I said smiling at him.

"Oh it's you again. Do you remeber me?" Sungyeol in.. Myungsoo shook his head and turned to me.. i think he's looking at my name tag..

"oh.. yeah.. well I haven't introduce myself.. I'm Kim Mari." I said awkwardly.. well i forgot!

"Kim Mari? nice name.. cool.." he said holding out his hand for me to shake but Sungyeol shook it instead,

"I'm Lee Sungyeol!" shaking Myungsoo's hand and giving him a forced goofy smile.

"Uh.. nice to meet you.."

"Of course it's nice to meet me! history class will start in a minute.. you better return to your seat now, the history teacher's not friendly like he looks!" Sungyeol said still smiling.

Myungsoo let go of Sungyeol's hand,

"Later," he bowed to us and return back to his seat..

I look at Sungyeol.. well, we all know his the school's mayor / friend of everybody.. but just now.. he's not being friendly at all.

-----

History class is interesting today.. we'll have a trip next week to South Korea's historical places.. such as.. Gyeongbokgung PalaceChangdeok Palace and Jongmyo Shrine.. whoooh~ can't wait! everybody's excited with this news. Mr. Park said that we'll be staying at a hotel and gave us letters for our parents/guardians to sign.

"Mari, we'll sit beside each other in the bus.. ok?" Sungyeol whispered, I nod.

As classes goes on.. my thoughts were not inside the classroom.. instead, my head's facing the other side where the soccer field was, though it's strange.. my eyes weren't looking outside the window.. I was currently staring at the glass of the window.. where choding and Myungsoo's reflections were visible..

It's a coincidence and not fate... things like this may happen all the time.. why does a part of me says it was fate anyway? it's not like I like him - like him.. right? i mean.. right?

"...anyone knows the answer? let's call names.. let's see.. uh.. Kim Mari?" Miss Choi called out,

"Yeah?" I answered back putting my senses back into place.. oh it's English class~

"Please answer questions number 1 and 2 on the board.." She's reaching out her white board pen at me..

"Oh .. ok." I said nodding,

"Mari~ Hwaitting!" Sungyeol cheers as I stood up, I smiled and went to  answer the questions.

I got it all right. Miss Choi smiled and explained what I answered, then continues the lesson..

I'm actually good in class.. I just have this lazy side of me that stops me from joining the top student's list. well.. I'm not a big fan of extracurricular activities such as volunteer work like campus cleaning, planting trees, sports programs and so on.. the only extracurricular activity I do is for the art club.. other than that.. yawn~ not a fan at all!

The bell rang.. at last! It's Lunch time. yeah!

Lunch time is spent 2hours in our school.. classmates gathers around each other.. groups with groups, friends with friends.. it's usually like this.. but just now..

"Kyaaaah!!! Aegi-yah~ are you lost?!" "Omo~ have you eaten lunch already?" "Do you want to have lunch with noona?" fan girls' screams,

I turned to look where the screams came from.. it's outside our classroom. Even when it's crowdy.. I can tell who it was. ae-gi? then that's only..

"Sungjongie.. what brings you here?" Sungyeol called out of the classroom to where the crowd was and the unseen Sungjong stands.

Sungjong made his way inside our classroom.. and greeted everyone there. He smiled brightly and faced our direction, at the back where the new student who is now sleeping on his desk, choding and i were seated.

"I'm here to fetch my friend."

"Who? Me? Aww Sungjongie.. I already know the way to the cafeteria.. You don't have to care much.." Sungyeol said smiling at him.

"No.. hyung.. you're my friend too, but it's not you whom I'm going to fetch.." Sungjong said still smiling,

I looked at Sungyeol then Sungjong then back at Sungyeol.. I saw his face sullen a bit. Sungjong walk his way to where the new student was seated, I gape, choding gasp.. everyone watching inside, do the same.

"L-hyung.. wake up. It's lunch break already.." Sungjong said in a sweet tone..tapping him slightly on his head,

Myungsoo woke up, and look at Sungjong, he smiled at him..

"L-hyung, let's eat lunch together, I'll tour you around school after." He said while Myungsoo nod. twice.

Before I loose control of my bewildered mind.. Choding already did,

"You two! You two know each other?" choding exclaimed.

The two -- Sungjong and Myungsoo kinda looked shocked too, and both of them nod.

"He's my childhood friend. We haven't been in touch for the longest time." Sungjong answered nicely, Myungsoo nod.

"Oh.. is that so? Okay.. I get it.. uh huh.. so.. uh.. see you two around. Mari let's go!" choding ordered.

I, in the other hand.. didn't hear it.. my mind is sorta buzzing with questions.. I look at Sungjong as he smiled brightly, and to Mungsoo who is now standing next to him.. I'm not the only one who has their mind mixed up.. those who were watching are too..

Sungyeol flicked my forehead, oh man~ that hurts! I look at him in a puzzled way and found myself being dragged out of the classroom..to the  empty corridors where he let go of my (now numb) arm and gave a dolphin squeal.

"EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!"

"Choding shut up! other classrooms still have their classes!"

"GAH! I can't believe it! Mari look at me! Why am I like this?" he said grabbing me to face him.

"Uh.. choding.. what's wrong with it anyway? Sungjong-ssi is a friendly guy.. He said they're childhood friends. Maybe it's just because we met Myungsoo-ssi in a not so lucky situation.. that fact gave you some negative vibes.. don't worry everything's fine.. we're both shock because it's a small world.. that doesn't happen everyday.." I said staying calm while patting choding's cheeks.

"Yeah.. maybe you're right.. small world.." he said now calming down.

"Now, now, Let's go! I'm hungry!" I grab his hand and lead the way to the elevator.

The cafeteria is buzzing with students who wants to get a glimpse of their "idols" and the new student. the news of having a new student somehow spread fast because of what happened inside the classroom a while ago, with Sungjong daclaring him as his friend.

"Dang, why is it so noisy here?" choding said scowling as we walk inside the cafeteria,

"Uh.. your hyungs were over there.. with Myungsoo-ssi?" I said, looking over the popular table, a lot of students were there as well,

Sungyeol who's still scowling doesn't seem to care, he grab a tray, go to the buffet and grab foods he wanted, I did the same, today's buffet looks great, i ordered extra snacks on the counter like chips, and cookies. I tend to get hungry these days and i don't know why.

"Choding~ see you later.." I told him as i make my way to where I usually sit.. the table near the window. That table is isolated, far from the buffet table and the counter. so students won't sit there, some are too lazy enough to walk their way there, and some doesn't want to sit there because they won't have a good view of their "idols".

As I placed my tray on the table and sit, another tray landed beside mine, I look up.. choding's standing infront of me, now looking upset.

"Wae? Go sit with your hyungs.. I'm ok here."

"I know, but.. well.. I don't want to sit there for now. so I'm sitting here instead." He said now smiling. I nod. He smiled wider.

We eat happily, students doesn't seem to notice choding sitting with me, 'cause he has his back on them.. he ate like he usually does, fast and messy. Watching him made a smile form on my face. I realized he grew taller and more fit. He also learned how to use BB cream already. He look up, caught me staring at him, gave me a "What the hell" look , then asked me my name.

"Wae? I'm Kim Ma----" I didn't have the chance to continue, I almost choke, how could I forget this prank?!

He grab a sliced tuna sandwich and chucked it inside my mouth as I was saying my name.

He laughed happily and sarcasticly, as i had a hard time swallowing the food inside my mouth, after swallowing it, I flicked his forehead real hard but that didn't make him stop gigling.

"Choding! You~ You may look like an "idol" but you will always be choding to me!!!" I said throwing snappy glares at him,

"Sure.. whatever you say choking-mari~ kekekekk!" He smiled and wipe off the remaining crumbs and mayo on my face, "Gonna eat that?" pointing on the box of sushi, I nod. but he end up eating it instead.

After eating lunch, I realized that there's still a lot of time left before classes start again, I'm thinking of going to the School's Art building and check out new masterpiece and works.. but that thought suddenly had gone like a bubble when I realize Choding and I were not walking alone anymore, Hoya and Dongwoo joined us.

"Hey, I didn't see you eating lunch with us, where were you?" Dongwoo ask choding as he and hoya flung their arms around him,

"I ate with Mari.." Sungyeol answered pointing me (who is now walking behind them) with his thumb.

"AH! Mari? Oh! Mari-ssi you're here!" Dongwoo said as he look where choding pointed his thumb at, he doesn't seem to notice me from the start..

"Ne, Anyeong.." I said waving slightly and forcing not to smile awkwardly.

"Anyeong~" both of them greeted me with a smile.. so this is getting awkward again..

"Mari-ssi, why are you walking behind us? come here walk beside us.. Dongwoo beside me, Mari-ssi beside Sungyeol.." he said ordering us to move, Dongwoo moved beside Hoya like he ordered, I, in the other hand hesitated.. I don't feel like walking with anyone else besides choding and my art club members.. now that's weird, I know..

"Mari-yah~" choding grab my arm and dragging me beside him, he turned to me and gave me a goofy smile. that is soo choding~

The 3 guys were talking about a sport game.. then a dancing crew.. then games and comic characters, then their fan gifts, then Sungjong and the new student Myungsoo.

"He gives me the chills! you know what i mean?" Dongwoo said as he lowers his voice,

"Yeah.. He's cold.. unlike any of us.. and to think our youngest is friends with him.. that fact kinda creep me out.." Hoya said while doing a shivering action,

"I know right? Well, It seems that Gyu-hyung and Hyunie-hyung doesn't think of him like we do.. They kinda like him.." Sungyeol turned to them and the goofy smile on his face disappeared.

"Let's not be quick to judge.." I realized i said it out loud.. the three of them turned to look at me,

"Wae Mari-ssi?" Hoya asked worried,

I turned red, well i'm kinda embarrassed though, I haven't start a conversation with them.. eotteoke?

"HAHA! You're turning red! I know now, You like L-ssi? Huh? You like him? HAHA!" Dongwoo said laughing his heart out,

I even turned redder! eotteoke? I don't know where to start explaining myself.. eotteoke?

"I-it's not----" I started but failed when choding stood infront of me and Dongwoo..

"Mari doesn't like him like you think, stop teasing her, hyung, she's shy that's why she turned red.. Myungsoo saved her last time that's why Mari thinks it's not right to judge him, I understand that Mari, We're sorry 'bout that." Sungyeol explained, bowing slightly,

Dongwoo and Hoya turned to me and did the same..

"Sorry for forgetting that bit," Hoya said giving me a warm smile,

"Sorry for the misunderstanding.." Dongwoo said reaching up his hand for a high five.. i did gave him one.

---

Classes are finally over, choding and I went outside of the classroom and made our way downstairs, We went to the locker rooms to leave things that we don't need, as we're unpacking our bags, a cold breeze from the open window swept pass our direction, it smelled like cherries. i don't know why or how, but it somehow gives me the chills and made my heart beat faster.

"I'm going there now, I was supposed to be there in the first place Sungjongie," L said

"But do you know your way there? want me to go with you?" said Sungjong sweetly,

"Sure, come with me, just take the taxi home alright?" L said patting the younger brother's head,

I look at choding, he doesn't seem to noticed that L and Sungjong were far behind us, and i didn't noticed Sunggyu and Woohyun came,

"Sungyeolie! I haven't saw you during lunch time.. oh! Mari-ssi?" Sunngyu said bowing slightly, I did the same,

"Are you two on your way home?" Woohyun asked,

"Yeah.."

"Need a ride? Dongwoo and Hoya's coming too, we'll hangout on the arcade for a while.. that's near your place, Why won't you guys ride with us?" Woohyun said looking at the two of us,

Sungyeol looked at me and back to Woohyun,

"Nah.. hyung, we'll just walk home.. let's just go out some other time." Sungyeol said, this statement actually made me quite surprised,

"Oh.. Ok then.. ah.. Sungjongie!" Sunggyu called out to the two far behind us,

L and Sungjong were now walking on our direction, again.. the cherry scent..

"Wae hyung? L-hyung and I were about to go home already.." Sungjong said gladly, L stood there staring at everyone,

"We'll drop you off then." Woohyun said nicely, "Since Myungsoo is new in our town, and Sungjongie has a lot of stalkers.. we'll drive you guys home safely."

When Woohyun said the word "stalkers" i think i kinda flinched, I'm not guilty though, but well... I follow him once in a while, took stolen shots and made a collage out of it.. but I can assure you.. I AM NOT A STALKER! :)

Sungjong smiled and agreed to Woohyun, with them all, we went out on the school grounds and bid each other goodbye, Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungjong and Sungyeol share brotherly hugs with each other, that left me and Myungsoo behind, He looked at me and smiled, I smiled back.

"So, you're going home?" L asked, I nod.

"Yeah, Sungyeol and I will be walking home.. it's just near here, so no worries," I assured him as he give me an alarming look.

"right then.. Mari-ssi?"

"Wae?"

"I'm---"

"Alright Mari let's go home!"  Sungyeol bellowed and dragged me away from Myungsoo.. "We'll see you all tomorrow then, Bye!"

He wave happily, with my arm on his hand he forced me to wave like him too. so basically we both look like chodings!

I smiled at them all, turned to L gave him an appologetic look, Choding and I made our way out of the school gates, to the streets.

"*sigh~* Isn't it awesome Mari? to be walking on our way home?" Choding said while stretching, and letting go of my arm.

"Yeah.. but what's with you anyway? Why didn't you go with your hyungs and hangout with them?"  I said massaging my arm,

"Well.. today's tiring.. and I know you know why,"

"Yeah.. sure.."

"..and I know you wanted to see the sunset.." he mumbled,

"Eh? aww..choding you~" I said patting his cheeks..

yeah, I always wanted to see the sunset, It kinda make my bad feelings go away.. like some sort of a stress reliever, it's been a while that we saw the sunset together, the last time was 4 years ago, same season like today, that's when choding's parents had a fight and choding ran away from home and stayed at the playground, I found him there under the slide, eating fallen apples, I asked him to come home with me, then we went together, buy food together, watched the sunset together, cried together and laugh at each othe, It was quite of a happy thought, that once, we were just kids.

I describe the sunset like a great joy and relaxation after a long day;

Its as if the colors and intensity of the light is just enough to calm you. The sun is like a great big romantic, inspirational fire in the sky. It would be as if a powerful symphony was quieting down, becoming more emotional and beautiful as it dies down. 

Its rays seem friendly. They remind me of an old friend, waving good bye to you, you know they are leaving but you are filled with the confidence that you will see them again.

---

choding and I made our way down to the street where our houses' at, He stopped walking, I did too.

"Mari-yah.. how about a piggyback ride?"

"Wae?!"

"To end the day lovely! hahaha!!! come!"

He get down on his knees so I can climb up on his back. I got spoiled with piggyback ride today~ so lucky!!!

As we made our way to the corner of my house, Choding stood still again, now, like he's frozen.

"Choding wae? The gate's over there! hurry!"

"Mari-yah.. you didn't invite friends over without telling me, right?" he sound upset,

I jumped off his back and looked at him.. he was not looking back at me, instead he was looking at far, I turned around and look where he's staring at, and there infront of my house, on the gates, Sungjong and Myungsoo stands.

I was quite shocked too.. what are they doing there anyway?

I grab choding's arm and lead him to the gates,

"Mari-ssi? Sungyeol-hyung? So you live near by?" Sungjong said as we came closer to them,

I looked at Sungyeol, he's expression's quite blank, I shook him slightly.. 

"What are you two doing here?" he snapped at them,

"I just came along with L-hyung in case he got lost, but well, I think we are lost.. do you know this address?" said Sungjong, handing us a familiar address book,

the address.. it's my house's address!

"It's this house, wae?" I said pointing at the gate infront of us,

"Whoa~ this is a big house! Isn't L-hyung? Do you like it?" Sungjong said jumping up and down,

I turned to look at choding, he was on the receiver machine, he prolly called Nanny,

"..It might have an artistic interior, and a pool? and a cool view on the rooftop! this is so cool isn't L-hyung?" said Sungjong still jumping up and down, L in the other hand, looks like he's having mixed feelings,

"It doesn't have a pool.. it has a fish pond and a huge hidden garden.. with trees at the back, there's also this big fountain, and a wishing well.." I told them and they turned at me,

"How do you know Mari-ssi? are you friends with the owner?" Sungjong asked,

"Well, why are you looking for this house anyway?"

"That's because, starting from today onwards, L-hyung will be living here." Sungjong answered brightly.

"EH?!" both choding and I screamed.

at that moment, Nanny went out of the house,

"Oh! Bijou! Yeol-goonie! ah~ Young Master L?" Nanny said smiling,

We all looked at Nanny, then look at each other then back at Nanny then again to L.

"Bijou?" Sungjong and L repeated,

"Young Master L?" both choding and I repeated.

"Ne, Bijou! He's our visitor your grandpa's talking about.. he'll be your brother for quite some time." Nanny said beaming at everybody.

"No.. this can't be! NO!!!" Choding exclaimed.

"You're Bijou?" L asked me.. he look pale.

"Y-you-- M-Mari-ssi.. Lived here?" Sungjong asked me but he's looking at Nanny,

"Andwae!!! andwae!!! HARABEOJI~!!!!" I lost it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

sorry for the late update~

how's the story? tell me what you think! hope to see your comments ~ :)

 

 

 

I'll work harder! hwaitto~ :)