Barriers

Heart Attack

Jongin sat opposite of Kyungsoo. Their eyes met for a brief moment before Kyungsoo continued to look through his files.
The man was strikingly beautiful. He looked as if he had a long story to tell, yet was fragile, like a flower. Jongin leant back on his chair and folded his fingers in front of him, contemplating the man.
Kyungsoo didn’t seem too fazed. Although he did wish that his guest wouldn’t stare at him like that. Kyungsoo had the feeling that those brown eyes were searching him for something.
Kyungsoo coughed and put his report file down.

‘Mr Kim-‘

‘Jongin, actually. Call me Jongin.’

Kyungsoo nodded, acknowledging the name

‘Alright then. Jongin. How can I be of assistance to you? You seemed rather eager for my help on the phone the night before.’

Jongin nodded slowly and kept his eyes locked onto Kyungsoo’s face. He kept that position for a moment, taking in the finer details of Kyungsoo’s face with the slightest hint of a smirk on his face. Jongin reached down for his brief case and pulled out Luhan’s report file. He slapped it onto Kyungsoo’s desk in a lazy fashion, leaning back on the arms of his chair. Kyungsoo frowned as he looked down at the file. He picked it up and traced his slender fingers on the front cover, flipping it open. Kyungsoo’s face went pale for the smallest fraction of a second before he dropped the file back on the table.

‘The file is empty.’

Jongin nodded

‘Good observation.’

Kyungsoo frowned and looked at Jongin.

‘Well what do you want from me?’

‘I want to know why it’s blank.’

Kyungsoo sighed and shut his eyes. It looked as if he was thinking about something. When he finally opened his eyes he seemed to have aged a decade.

‘What do you want to know?’

Jongin’s lips curved up into a smirk.

‘Everything. When he came here , why he came here and why is that report blank.’

Kyungsoo sighed and leaned back.

‘It’s a long story’

Jongin grinned and leaned forward.

‘I have time.’

…….

Sehun sat next to Luhans bed. He watched his brother’s chest rise and fall slowly. Somewhere a heart monitors was beeping. An agonizing reminder that he was still fighting.
Sehun looked at his brother, reaching over to pick up his hand. Sehun squeezed his hand and raised it to his lips; kissing it.

‘It’s ok hyung. I’m here hyung. We’ll get you out of here soon enough hyung.’

Luhan stayed still. Sehun’s eyes filled up as he looked at the oddly peaceful look on his hyungs features. He rested his head onto Luhans stomach and sobbed softly.

‘Hyung…. Hyung… please hyung…’

Sehun’s body shook as he sobbed into the starched white sheets that covered his hyung.

‘Hyung-nim… please comoe back. I love you hyung… please…’

‘S-Sehun-ah…’

The sound was faint. But that’s all that Sehun need. He wiped his head up to look at Luhan.
Luhans eyes were opening slowly.

‘H-Hyung?!’

Luhan groaned and raised his hand; reaching out to Sehun.

‘Sehun-ahh…’

Luhans hand dropped slightly but Sehun grabbed it and pressed his lips against it.

‘Hyung! Oh Hyung-nim…’

Luhan smiled weakly as he looked at the younger boy.

‘Hey…’

Sehun smiled at his hyung, tears rolling down his cheeks

‘H-Hey hyung…’

Sehun kissed Luhans palm and clasped it in between his hands as his body heaved with sobs.

Luhan ran his fingers through Sehuns, touching his cheek smiling all the while.

‘Sehun-ah you look dreadful…’

Sehun laughed softly and looked up into his beloved hyungs eyes. He should’ve known that Luhan’s first concern would be the way he looked.

‘Leave me be hyung-ah, not like the whole world’s going to watch me.’

Luhan laughed softly and ran his fingers through Sehuns hair.
Sehun smiled softly and reached up, placing a soft kiss to Luhans forehead.

‘You scared me hyung… I swear I won’t lose you, never again.’

……….

Jongin growled and stood up slamming his hands down onto Kyungsoo’s desk. He had heard and understood everything, but that didn’t stop him from being outraged.

‘What the hells that supposed to mean! So you just let him leave like that?’

Kyungsoo sighed but he kept his voice calm

‘Mr Jongin please keep your voice down. You have to understand that there was nothing more for us to do. As professionals our capabilities can only go so far.’

Jongin snarled and leaned dangerously close to Kyungsoo.

‘Our responsibilities are to protect our clients. Their lives are in our hands.’

Kyungsoo now looked annoyed. His eyes flashed in the dim light as he stared back into Jongin’s eyes, leaning forward as he spoke.

‘Well he’s your client now Mr Jongin. What do you intend to do?’

Jongin clenched his jaw as he looked into Kyungsoo’s eyes. Rage and anger was smothering him but he couldn’t afford to lose his cool. Jongin pulled back suddenly and picked up the blank report, putting the papers back into the brief case before he snapped it shut.

‘Thank you for your time Doctor Kyungsoo. Sorry for wasting it though.’

Kyungsoo blinked as he looked at the man in front of him. The suns rays caught on the others hair and illuminated the tips, as if some halo hung over this mans head.
Kyungsoo sighed as Jongin walked towards the door. As Jongin placed his hand on the door knob Kyungsoo called out.

‘You haven’t answered my question Mr Jongin.’

Jongin stopped, and stood stock still. For a minute he seemed to be absolutely lost.

‘What do you intend to do?’

Jongin turned his head to look back at Kyungsoo.

‘I intend to save this boy’s life.’

 Jongin laughed inwardly at the stunned, stony look on Kyungsoo’s face

‘And I intend to stop at nothing to do so.’

With that Jongin wrenched the door open and walked out; shutting it with a slam, leaving Kyungsoo with his conscience. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N 
Ayo whaddup? Here's an update for you guys~ 
OH GAHD KYUNGSOO YOU ANNOYED JONGIN. WAT DID YEW SAY? 
LUHAN DTGYSFUIODGYUISOFGYISFYHISF YOU OPENED YOUR EYEEEEES HALLELUJAH~ 
/coughs. 
How are you guys? Everything alright? 
Sorry that I don't update this that much. My most sincere apologies. 
But thank you for taking the time to read this. Have a good day and as always 
Enjoy <3