Meeting in Person

Heart Attack

Sehun opened his eyes slowly. He looked up at the grey ceiling. The room was colder than it had ever been before. Sehun groaned and rubbed his eyes. He pressed his palms into his face. A cold draft had settled over Sehuns skin. He shivered and rolled to his side. His hand fell on the empty space beside him. Sehun looked at his hand, lying on the mattress. He felt a sharp pang in his heart. It was loneliness.
A horn blared; cutting through the silence. Sehun jumped, falling off the mattress. He scrambled out of the tangle of sheets and hopped towards the window leaning over the ledge. He looked out onto the cold street. Parked directly in the middle of the street was a silver Audi. Sehun gulped when he saw Jongin standing in front of it with sunglasses covering his eyes. It wasn’t even that sunny.
Jongin looked up at Sehun then raised his hand and made a beckoning motion. Sehun nodded and quickly turned back to his apartment. He grabbed his bowler cap and his coat that was abandoned on the ruined couch. He sprang into the bathroom, trying to make himself look half decent. Sehun threw his coat on as he washed his mouth. He cupped his hands underneath the running tap and threw the water onto his face. Sehun grasped the side of the basin and looked up slowly. His eyes were bloodshot, water dripping down his pale skin. Sehun ran his hand over his face and through his brown hair. He hadn’t been able to sleep at all the previous night but he didn’t want the doctor to see the fear in his eyes. Sehun sighed and grabbed his hat and placed it on his hair, angling it over his eyes.
Sehun walked over to the door and placed his hand on the rusted metal. He stopped for a second and looked around the room. His eyes fell on his guitar; abandoned on the old sofa. Sehun turned and walked over to the sofa. His fingers traced the frets on the wooden instrument. Sehun sighed and picked it up in his hands. It felt familiar, light, yet it felt heavy.
Sehun placed his guitar into its case and slung it over his shoulder before walking back towards the door and slipping out into the day light.
….

The glare of the sunlight blinded Sehun for a split second. He raised his arm to shade his eyes instinctively. He stood like that; getting used to the light before he made his slow descent to the street.
Jongin looked up at the small figure of the boy walking down the steps. He had a guitar slung over his shoulder.
Jongin smiled when the boy came up to him.

‘Morning.’

‘Morning hyung.’

The boys voice was small and weak. Jongin could see that his eyes were bloodshot and puffy. He must’ve been up all night crying. Sehun could tell Jongin had figured out that he ddn’t get any sleep. He coughed and pulled his bowler cap more securely over his eyes.
In the blinding sunlight Sehun could see that Jongin was wearing a starched white dress shirt and black jeans. He looked casual, but also business like. And he looked even more out of place than he did the previous night.
Jongin smiled and motioned towards the car

‘Let’s get going shall we?’

….

As Jongin pulled up in front of the hospital, Sehun clenched his jaw tightly shut. Jongin parked the Audi and killed the engine, but made no move to get out of the car. Sehun looked over at Jongin. His guitar was propped up against the door of the car and his knee.
Jongin’s eyes looked distant. Sehun coughed trying to get his attention.
Jongin snapped out of his daze and turned to look at Sehun with a smile.

‘Sehun-ah; I have some business to attend to so go on without me.’

Jongin reached into his pockets and pulled out a white ID Tag that had a name and a picture printed on the front. Jongin handed the ID tag to Sehun and motioned to the hospital.

‘Go up to the main desk and tell them that you’re there on account of Doctor Kim. They should take you to see your brother and they’ll accommodate accordingly.’

Sehun gulped and nodded as he slowly pushed open the door of the Audi. He got out awkwardly. His hands felt clammy as he held onto the tag.

‘T-Thank you; hyung.’

Jongin smiled at the younger boy. It would take him some time to get accustomed to the whole ‘hyung’ business.

‘Oh and another thing Sehun-ah.’

Sehun blinked as he looked at the older boy

‘Yes?’

Jongin’s smile softened in a warm, brotherly way.

‘Be careful.’

Sehun nodded and picked up his guitar; pulling it firmly over his shoulder. He turned and started slowly walking towards the hospital. He turned at the door to look back at the car park; the silver audi was gone.

….

Jongin kept his eyes on the road but his mind was elsewhere. The file had turned out to be blank and had nothing about why Luhan had been admitted to that hospital. This had prompted Jongin to go visit the hospital and arrange a meeting with the doctor that had kept Luhan in his care.
Jongin pulled up in front of the establishment. The building was slanted with windows running up the sides and white marble.
It looked identical to the hospital that Jongin worked in. Jongin scoffed and killed the engine; stepping out of the car.
Government funding ensured that every hospital and health care establishment was equipped with the same facilities but just because things on the outside seemed the same didn’t mean that things on the inside were still in unison. One too many times Jongin had worked in a hospital where he’d had to put up with y, ty nurses and irresponsible doctors that caused more casualties than faculties.
Jongins sighed and slipped his sunglasses on over his eyes. He picked up a brief case from the back of the car and shut the door with a thud. Jongin walked inside the hospital and straight towards the front desk.
The receptionist greeted him with a smile. Her face was small and heart shaped. Her skin was pale. Asian. Jongin assumed she’d be Korean but when the woman spoke with a heavy Kansai accent Jongin realized she was a foreigner. Japanese.
Jongin opened the brief case and pulled out the printouts of Luhans hospital profile.
His eyes fell on the signature before he looked up and smiled at the receptionist.

‘Hello, I have an appointment with the head cardiologist?’

The receptionist merely nodded and smiled before she stood up and motioned down the corridor.

‘Down the hall; last door to your left. He’s expecting you.’

Jongin nodded and walked briskly down the hall and knocked on the door. A small voice called from inside

‘Come in.’

Jongin opened the door to a small office. The shelves were stacked with books and the desk was piled high with papers. A young man was sitting behind the desk, looking through a report file. He looked up when he heard the door opened and looked at Jongin with a smile.

‘Ah yes. Doctor Kim.’

The man stood and smiled at Jongin. For a second. Jongin felt his breath catch in his throat.
The man motioned for Jongin to come in and held up his hand to shake.

‘A pleasure to meet you in person Doctor Kim.’

Jongin took the man’s hand in his. It felt warm and soft to the touch. Jongin put on a dazzling smile and replied in a cool calm tone.

‘The pleasure’s mine. Doctor Kyungsoo.’

…..

Sehun sat beside Luhan holding his guitar in his hand as he strummed a song and sang softly. The words escaped his lips to fill the air as his eyes rested on his brother’s face. They filled with water as they watch his dear hyung struggle with unconsciousness.

An instant Heart Attack
This time’s end

The world overpowering me
The most entrancing feeling’s Heart Attack

Even if my breathe stops, you’re so close, that I don't want to turn back

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N 
Heart attack lyrics. I edited the veeeery last line. 
What song have I been listening to when writing this? EXO-K Heart Attack 
OF CAWWWSS 
Introducin' KYUNGSHOOOOO 
ELLOW DUR KYUNGSOO. HOW YA DOIN BBY BOI? 
Kayno. 
Sorry for the late update. Been working on my other fics tbh... SORRY >< 
Anyways hope you guys have agreat day and as always. Enjoy <3