Getting Started

Heart Attack

The two doctors walked into the hospital together. Jongin walked a few steps ahead of Kyungsoo, escorting the man towards his office. As they walked in Jongin spoke hurriedly, moving towards his desk to look for Luhans file

‘Once we get there I think it’s best to get everything sorted out so I’ll be leaving you alone with Luhan to get all the details on things that we could be missing.’

Kyungsoo stopped and stared at Jongin, a confused look on his face

‘M-Mwo? Me? Alone? With Luhan.’

Jongin looked at Kyungsoo, straightening up, clasping Luhan’s report file in his hands.
He walked around the desk and walked back out into the hospital hallways, Kyungsoo only a few seconds behind.

‘It’s the easiest way to get a grasp on the situation, Luhan’s shy as is and besides, it gives you two a chance to catch up.’

The door of Luhans ward loomed closer as Jongin made his way briskly towards it. He stopped in front of the door, with his hand on the door knob, as Kyungsoo grabbed a hold of Jongin’s hand.

‘Yah Jongin-ah… I thought you said we were doing this together.’

Jongin turned to look at Kyungsoo. Jongin’s eyes softened when he realized hoe exposed and alone the other man looked. He turned his wrist slightly to hold Kyungsoo’s hand properly in his

‘We are doing this together hyung. We’re in this together.’

………………….

When the two of them walked into the ward, Luhan was sitting up in bed with Sehun next to him, smiling.
Luhan looked up and smiled instantly as Jongin walked in. Jongin grinned walking up to the duo, Kyungsoo standing behind.

‘Hello there Luhan. You’re up early.’

Luhan nodded shyly

‘M-Mhm’

Jongin walked up to Luhans bed and sat on the very end. He noticed that Luhan was holding Sehuns hand.

‘You seem well enough but we just have to make sure that you’ll be able to cope by yourself.’

Luhan nodded slowly, speaking in a small voice

‘H-How long will I be here for?’

Jongin smiled knowingly, looking at Luhan with soft eyes. He raised his hand to place it on the latter’s head, his hair.

‘You miss spending time with Sehun, don’t you?’

Luhan stiffened slightly, a blush creeping up his cheeks, nodding quickly. Jongin could sense Sehun gripping his hyungs hand just a little tighter.

‘M-Mhm.’

‘You’ll be out soon. In the meantime, I’d like you to meet someone’

Jongin got up and turned, noticing Kyungsoo’s stare. Jongin smirked and walked up to Kyungsoo, draping his arm around the olders shoulder, pushing him forward.

‘This is Doctor Kyungsoo. He’s the head cardiologist from a hospital nearby. He’s here to give me a hand with things.’

Luhan finally looked up at Kyungsoo. A stony pale looked crossed over his face as recognition washed over him, but quickly disappeared as Luhan smiled at Kyungsoo.

‘I-It’s nice to meet you, Kyungsoo-ssi…’

Kyungsoo only nodded in response.

Jongin smiled at Luhan, as if he was satisfied with the response and sat back down onto the end of the bed.

‘Kyungsoo’s going to run a few tests with you.’

Luhans eyes gave away his fear. Jongins lips curved up into a soft brotherly smile

‘It’s nothing to be worried about, just a small test, like the one you did with me.’

Luhan looked down at his lap, biting his lip, slowly nodding his head. Jongin took in a deep breath and slowly got up again, glancing at Sehun. The younger boy had been quiet the whole time.

‘And as for you Sehun. I have something special in mind for you.’

Sehun blinked and looked up at Jongin

‘E-Eh?’

Jongin chuckled and tousled the younger boy’s hair.

‘You’re going to be my assistant for the day.’

Sehuns eyes grew wide as he stared at Jongin.

‘A-Assistant?’

‘Oh it’s nothing too flashy. Just helping me sort out some papers, looking through medical records, making sure I don’t fall asleep on the job. That sorta stuff.’

Even as he said this, Jongin could sense the smaller boy’s excitement. Maybe perhaps, as a child, he had dreamed of becoming a doctor. Jongin laughed to himself as he thought about how he had wanted so eagerly to become a doctor as a child, now he realized that he would do anything to trade his life for anothers and become a different Jongin.
Jongin shook his head slightly and smiled again at Sehun

‘Well we better get going assistant.’

He turned, coming face to face with Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo had a bemused look on his face as Jongin walked past him. Kyungsoo muttered softly underneath his breath

‘You sleep on the job?’

Jongin smirked slightly

‘Ah well, what can you do when you spend majority of your day trying to decode hospital lingo. The only good view I get around here are the nurses, and that’s on a lucky day.’

Kyungsoo scoffed slightly

‘You erted old geezer.’

‘Heeeey I’m not old yet.’

Jongin winked as he clapped Kyungsoo on the back, walking out of the ward with Sehun close behind.

………………………..

Kyungsoo shivered as the door clicked shut behind him. Luhan was sitting on his bed, staring into his lap. Kyungsoo sighed before he walked over to the empty chair near Luhans bed. He gazed at the brown hair and the soft features. He was surprised to see that Luhan hadn’t changed in two years.

‘Hello Luhan.’

‘Hello… Kyungsoo…’

Kyungsoo struggled to keep his composure. Just like that, Luhan had sent his mind into a flurried frenzy. He wanted to burst out of his façade, he wanted to grab Luhan by the shoulders and shake him for disappearing, he wanted to hold the boy in his arms and hug him tightly, he wanted to know where he had been, how he had been.
As if Luhan could sense Kyungsoo’s restless aura he looked up.
Luhans eyes were still the same soft brown but Kyungsoo could see the sadness that hid behind the light brown orbs.

‘I-I missed you Kyungsoo…’

This made Kyungsoo laugh. It was a cold sound, a harsh sound. One that tore at Kyungsoo’s throat and as it escaped through his mouth, left a burning pain in his chest.

‘Oh come of it Luhan. If you missed me, if you even understood how worried I have been for you, why didn’t you say anything?’

Luhans lower lip trembled slightly as the boy looked back down again

‘I… I was scared… so I ran away Kyungsoo… I’m sorry…’

‘Enough with the sorry. You owe me an explanation. I want to know where the hell you’ve been for the past two years.’

Luhan choked down shaky silent sobs and nodded his head slowly. His voice was soft, barely over a whisper

‘I-I ran… I didn’t stay with him…’

Kyungsoo stiffened slightly. Him. Meaning Luhans father.
Luhan came froma wealthy family. But with wealth came a whole world of distress. Luhan was the only child born from his father and mother. He was raised under strict conditions to be a fine man, but he had always had a feminine side.
When Kyungsoo first met Luhan it didn’t strike him as odd that the boy was homoual.
Kyungsoo himself had indulged in a few forbidden pleasures.

‘I ran away that night… he was too ashamed of me… I could see the hatred in his eyes… he would’ve killed me anyways so I decided to risk it out on the streets… at least I’d die, but not by my father’s hand.’

‘Where did you run to?’

Luhan looked up at Kyungsoo. His eyes were b over with tears as he stared at the man. He looked vulnerable. Afraid.

‘The crimson lights… I found them again… and they found me…’

Kyungsoo stared back at Luhan, leaning closer to the boy

‘Luhan you’re not making sense. Who found you..? What did they do?’

Luhan shook his head and buried his face in his palm, his sobs coming out in strangled gasps

‘There were too many a-and I was alone and I couldn’t fight back… I’m sorry… I’m so sor—‘

Kyungsoo had heard enough. He moved forward onto the bed and grabbed a hold of the boy and pulled him into his chest, hugging the boy tightly.
Countless tales of exploitation paved the streets that thousands of unknowing people walked on each day. Luhan was no exception.
Kyungsoo kissed the boys head, his back as Luhan sobbed into Kyungsoo’s shirt, shaking violently.

‘I… I was lost… and I became tainted… I became this filthy thing… I was as good as dead but then… Sehuna… h-he came… from nowhere and picked me up… a-and… a-and…’

Kyungsoo looked at the fragile being in his arms.

‘And..?’

‘And I used him. He never asked anything and I used him for my own selfish needs… Kyungsoo… I love him Kyungsoo…’

Luhan stared up at the older boy, tears streaming down his cheek

‘I… I don’t want him to hate me…’

Kyungsoo smiled sadly at Luhan, his cheeks, wiping his tears with his thumb

‘You weren’t meant to be hated.’

…………………….

Jongin heard a loud knock on the door. He looked up from his document and turned his head to glance at Sehun.
The younger boy was sitting on the chair opposite him with a case file in front of him and a medical handbook in his lap. Sehun looked up from his work as another knock followed the first. Jongin looked at the door, closing his file

‘Yes come in.’

Kyungsoo opened the door, walking into Jongin’s office. Jongin quickly stood up on sighting of Kyungsoo and moved around the desk

‘Ah, Kyungs—‘

‘I need to speak with Sehun.’

Jongin stopped short staring at Kyungsoo. It seemed that the man had changed significantly in the last few minutes.
Sehun blinked and stood up slowly.

‘Yes?’

‘Come out here.’

Kyungsoo beckoned with a finger and walked back out into the hallway. Sehun looked at Jongin, confused. Jongin shrugged and motioned towards the door.
Sehun walked out and Jongin could see the both of them talking in whispers.
Sehun was nodding his head until he suddenly stiffened, before turning and running back towards Luhan’s ward.

Jongin blinked as Kyungsoo walked back inside. The latter sighed and trailed his fingers through his hair walking past Jongin.

‘Yah. What was that about?’

Kyungsoo ignored Jongin’s remark and walked past him, sitting down behind the desk. Kyungsoo sat slumped back against the chair, his fingers ing the first few buttons of his collar. He sighed deeply as he raised his hands to rub his eyes with his palm.
Jongin raised an eyebrow, looking at the latter’s antics. Jongin let his eyes travel down Kyungsoo’s face and his pale skin, to his exposed nape.
He couldn’t help but stare.

Kyungsoo smirked at the look on Jongin’s face and chuckled softly, catching his attention.

‘Well Mr Jongin. Let’s get to work.’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N 
This is horribly delayed but in my defense 
This week was just utter bull. 
Moving right along 
The next chapter is going to be a believe it alone 
LOOK AWAY YE HUNHAN SHIPPERS FAINT OF HEART. 
Mh. Wonder whats instore for Luhan and his friends 
We'll just have to find out ;)
Anyways 
Have a great day and as always 
Enjoy <3