Other Side

Survival Mode

  Luhan struggled to breakthrough from Myungsoo's grasps, but he was too strong for him, and Luhan was already tired of fighting and killing some bastards who would attack him. Apparently, he was a magnet of trouble so he wouldn't wonder if he was already attacked twenty times- or more, and fifteen of them died a horrible death.

 

  Luhan panted. He was at his limit now. He felt helpless, just what he had felt before. At one last strike, Myungsoo fell on his knees while Luhan... he passed out.

 

  You saw what happened, and after what Luhan did to you, you still can't leave him and suffer there. Instantly, your feet took a step forward and you didn't realize, you were already supporting the unconscious Luhan with your shoulders. You placed him on Sehun's bed, and Sehun didn't complain. In fact, he was completely worried of his hyung but chose to remain silent and watch you treat Luhan's bruises.

 

  "You're doing it wrongly," Sehun commented tiredly. "Don't you know how to treat a person's wound?"

 

  You blushed shyly. Actually, Sehun was right. You hated blood, and you never ever experienced getting wounds. That's why, you already wanted to escape this place. If it wasn't for the persons you cared for, you couldn't have hesitated and agreed to Tao right away.

 

  Speaking of Tao. You haven't spoke to him since the night that he have offered you the deal, and you don't plan to. Not now, you were not ready to give him your decision, although you already know what you have decided upon.

 

  Sehun, noticing that you're spacing out for too long, grabbed the towel from your hands forcely and awkwardly aided his hyung. "If it's not Luhan hyung, I won't do this," he thought.

 

  Luhan was like a brother to him, and he understands what has Luhan been experiencing. Luhan understands what Sehun feels too, they were inseperable.

 

  There's one thing Sehun didn't understand though. It's Luhan playing with girls' hearts. He cringed at the memories of Luhan's past girlfriends. First, it was the topnotcher of their class, Kang Chunhee. She was plain but extremely intelligent. No wonder, Luhan passed every exams. Second was a professional model from China, but Luhan got tired of her because she's too clingy. Third, it was his neighbor who had just gotten back from Canada. But they only lasted for three days and Luhan suddenly broke up with her. There's a lot more and you and Krystal were included, but Sehun was tired of flashbacks.

 

  Sehun looked at Soomin. For him, you were simple. There was nothing special about you, but why do he felt like he needed to protect you and take care of you? Maybe because you were fragile. But how could Baekhyun still get some bruises from you? Sehun shrugged and thought about the times when Soomin and Luhan were together. Somehow, he felt a tiny cringe on his heart. He couldn't understand you and especially him when he's around you.

 

  One time, you were so obsessed with chocolates and even bailed Suho into buying it. There was also a time when Baekhyun offered to take you home, you refused. But when Luhan asked you, you didn't hesitate and pulled Luhan excitedly. Also, simple things makes you happy. Kyungsoo cooked kimchi spaghetti for you, and you did jumping jacks and almost killed Kyungsoo with your hug.

 

  Sehun didn't realize. But he was already observing you. Something about you is intriguing. You were unpredictable, and Sehun didn't know why he was always watching out what happens to you.

 

  He knew about your deal with Tao. He knows he shouldn't into your business, still, he followed you and Tao and ventually overheard.

 

  Sehun was about to stood up when someone grabbed his hand. It was Luhan, and he was finally awake.

 

  "Why am I here Sehun?" he asked weakly. You, who was busy reading a book from Suho, suddenly turned to look at Luhan.

 

  "She--" Sehun stopped and pointed you. "She brought you here." Luhan nodded briefly, his doe-like eyes full of confusion and wonder.

 

  You creased your eyebrows uncomfortably. You hated it when he looked like that. It's one of the reason why you had fallen for him.

 

  Had? Does it mean that you have already moved on? You felt relieved. You don't have to worry being around him anymore. You knew that you have forgiven him already, if he doesn't love you anymore, then you have to let go of him.

 

  "How are you Sehun? Not seeing you around that much," Luhan blurted out sadly.

 

  "Oh, so you are asking now? Fine, still alive. Hyung, it's because you're busy with that Krystal. I understand why you broke up with Soomin--"

 

  "Woah Sehun, I'm not that bad!" you said and pouted. Then, the atmosphere became awkward, so you laughed to ease the tension.

 

  "Sehun," Luhan was about to say something but you interrupted him.

 

  "It's fine. I already forgave you and Krystal, Luhan. I realized, why would I still hold on if you don't even love me? It's best if I let go right? But that doesn't mean that it didn't hurt... what you did to me."

 

  "Okay I get it already," Sehun uttered coldly.

 

  Luhan blinked. He wasn't really expecting this. "I don't need you to forgive me. It's totally fine by me if you hated me, and I wish it would stay that way."

 

  You smirked. "Sorry, but I did forgave you. I wanted to say thank you. Thank you that you made me realize a lot of things, and to be stronger than what I am in the past."

 

  Luhan scoffed in annoyance. "Why do it sounded like you're bitter?"

 

  "Why would I?"

 

  "Not in my room!" Sehun uttered and pushed Luhan who whined in pain and Soomin out of the room.

 

  "I guess we pissed him too much," you said and shrugged, walking towards a different direction. Luhan sighed and held his arms as he struggled to walk to the other side to find Amber.

 

  "I didn't want to hurt you, I swear."

 

~~~

 

  Kai was just roaming around. He was hungry for sure, the old man wasn't really kidding about his men getting the food supplies. He blinked his eyes when he actually saw bread on the table, and it was suspicious. Who would leave a bread on the table when everyone was struggling because of hunger? He was about to get the bread when someone called him.

 

  "Kai!" you shouted, obviously to get his attention. Kai looked at the bread before leaving it and rushing towards you. He almost regretted not getting it, but he just sighed and went with you.

 

  "What did you call me for noona?" Kai questioned as you and him trailed off the garden.

 

  "Well, Kyungsoo oppa wanted me to give this to you," she said and handed him a letter that was folded messily and was slightly crinkled. Kai muttered thanks and proceeded to open the letter.

 

  "What does it say?" you asked innocently. Kai's eyes widened and immediately hid the letter.

 

  "K-kyungsoo— hyung gave you the letter?" he asked slightly shivering in fear.

 

  You nodded swiftly. "I noticed something peculiar with him though, he was biting his lips frequently and it was like he was thinking about a lot of things."

 

  Kai bowed at you and ran towards the exit of the garden hastily. You wondered what happened to Kai and what does the letter contain that made him devastated. You decided to follow him secretly because of curiousity, hiding whenever Kai turns back.

 

~~~

 

  Xiumin was lurking around when he saw something. His eyes immediately lit up by the sight of the bread on the table. Heck, he was hungry, and no one's stopping him from eating this bread to satisfy his hunger. He took one bite, then devoured the whole bread.

 

  He creased his eyebrows, feeling an unfamiliar pain in his stomach. Soon, his breath was staggered, and he fell on the floor. He looked pale and his eyes were open because of shock. Soon, he knew he would go to the other side. And he was dead. But he saw a figure standing in front of him before he lost consciousness.

 

  "How pitiful."