Loss

Survival Mode

 

  You instantly woke up as you heard an earsplitting noise below. You lazily stood up and went down the rooftop’s stairs− sliding on the metal railings expertly and hopped down it, making your way to the grassy field near the gates wherein the people are crowding. You have no idea what just happened, so when you luckily found Baekhyun, you swiftly run towards him and asked him.

 

  “Someone died, and it’s actually horrible. We couldn’t recognize who is the owner of the body. However, Jungkook saw a silver watch on his left hand. It was his recent birthday gift to Taehyung so we assumed that it was him,” Baekhyun uttered gravely.

 

  You nodded and turned to look at Jungkook who seems to have been mourning for Taehyung’s death. Most of the people around were shocked, and they became alarmed when they realized that anytime, anywhere, they will be like Taehyun− including you.

 

  Sehun emerges from the corner, eyeing you blankly while you cringe slightly, and then went near the dead boy’s body. You saw him sighing softly while observing the distorted corpse of the young man.

 

“It’s just the start…” Chen said glumly as he appeared next to you and Baekhyun. “There will be more deaths to come. It will be worse than this.”

 

“There must be a way to stop this rubbish. I mean, we couldn’t just possibly stand and watch the others die, and if we’re unlucky, we might be one of them,” you stated firmly and took a deep breath to relax yourself.

 

  You definitely saw Baekhyun smirked. “Don’t worry Min-min; I’ll be your knight in shining armor.”

 

  “I’m tempted to kill you Baek.”

 

  Chen laughed as you and Baekhyun argued, walking away as he predicted that both of you will just be scolded by Kris. Well, that’s what really happened. You and Baekhyun were again being lectured by Kris early in the morning. After being reprimanded by Kris, you headed to the kitchen and opened the fridge. It was empty to your disappointment.

 

  “Great. I’ll probably die starving,” you muttered under your breath while trying to reach for the cupboard to get food. Unfortunately, you are not gifted in height− you’re taller than Suho however.

 

  It seems that fate is being a to you. Sehun entered the kitchen, acting as if you were invisible to him. You instantaneously puffed your cheeks in frustration before calling his name, but it sounded like a squeak. He faced you uninterestedly before crossing his arms.

 

  “What do you want?” he questioned, almost annoyed by your presence.

 

  “Can you help me get the chips on the cupboard?” you requested blatantly as you can feel your stomach grumbling already.

 

  “Get it yourself,” he replied unenthusiastically.

 

  You frowned a little. “As you can see mister, I couldn’t reach it.”

 

  “It’s not my fault that you’re short.”

 

  “I’m just asking if you could lend me a hand…”

 

  He glared at you before getting the chips on the cupboard and gave it to you insensitively. “There, I hope that shuts your ing mouth off.”

 

  He left straightaway, and you fumed in anger as you look at his figure, slowly fading. You harshly opened the chips, eating it in an ungraceful manner. Unluckily, you carelessly bit your tongue and shrieked in pain. Nearby, Suho heard you shouting so he immediately went by your side only to discover that you only bit your tongue.

 

  “I thought you were in trouble,” he uttered, heaving a sigh.

 

  “I am really in trouble,” you replied while pouting. Suho patted your head and told you to be careful next time. You nodded slowly and grinned at Suho appreciatively. He was like the brother you never have, always being thoughtful and caring to you.

 

  Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard a boy screamed. You and Suho went to see what the commotion is all about.

 

  “You murdered him!” Jungkook hissed as he grabbed Chanyeol’s collar cruelly, the boy shivering and whimpered as Jungkook punched him in the stomach. You gasped and hurriedly went to Chanyeol’s side.

 

  “You got it all wrong. Why would Chanyeol do that?” you spluttered at Jungkook who was glaring unpleasantly at Chanyeol.

 

  “Back off. This is none of your business,” he said mockingly and grabbed Chanyeol from you and slammed him on the wall. You gritted your teeth in annoyance before yelling, “Enough!”

 

  Jungkook seemed startled at your actions and also the people around you. He suddenly smirked and dug something from his pocket. You watch him silently as he showed you a handkerchief stained with red blood. You recognized it already at first glance, it was Chanyeols’.

 

  “Chanyeol…” you uttered blankly.

 

  “I… I’m sorry,” he uttered weakly as a tear fell from his eye.

 

AN: T_T

Sorry for the veeeeeery late update. ;(